Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Hi there is anyone having issues when the game speeds up when sims are asleep or at work.
  • Options
    slydellanitaslydellanita Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having problems with Sims 4 Seasons when I log into my game. I have been trying to change the season but when I log out, and back into the game it is stuck in winter and it does not allow me to change the season in the beginning of the game. It goes straight to the worlds and never show me the different to change the game season. After this last patch it has been lagging and exception errors occur when I log into the game. I took out all cc items and still have problems. Please help!! I have had the game a week and cannot get my sims to react with each other. I even had one sim die after telling the sim to go inside but it never would move. I love winter but my game is stuck in winter....I would like to change after 7 days in winter to spring.
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    > @BootsieJenkins said:
    > Hi, having fun with Seasons, but just a suggestion, sorry if it's already been asked, but could there be a way to toggle weather between the worlds? Like in the Seasons Game Options add a button to make weather same or different in each worlds? It's just a bummer when I send my family off to the water park I built in Brindleton Bay and it's raining, even tho their house in Willow Creek is hot/sunny. Thank you!

That would be SUCH a good feature! I play on console so I've no idea if this already exists - but it would be cool if you could see the day's weather forecast for wherever you wanted to travel with your sims. So, if your sims are getting fed up of the cold you could send them somewhere warm for the day, or go somewhere snowy in the middle of winter.
  • Options
    Majda428Majda428 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi! I'd just like to address few issues I encountered after installing Sims 4 Seasons... and probably also some which are occuring for longer period of time but I didn't really see any improvements here.

Regarding Seasons:
    - working Sims returned from work when I traveled with the rest of family
    - Sims sometimes seem to "teleport" while walking up/down the stairs (as in they teleport from one stair to another)
    - Sims got stuck after they tried to get to the bed trough a wall (instead of using stairs and doors as any normal Sim would)
    - water-balloon/mud/snow dodgeball takes forever to start
    - animation "play in the mud" seems broken as the Sim jump once and then just stands there
    - Sim repeatedly gets to know the same people in school
    - the game itself moved in the world a family which was already moved in there by me
    - Sims aren't willing to undress theit coats (for cold weather) automatically - why am I paying the bills then?
    - at the flower arranging career it doesn't really seem to matter how hard the Sim is working, I always get the same money
    - the bills somehow escalated really quickly - going from normal 2 000 to unbelievable 12 000 in one week (or whatever the time between payments is)

Older problems:
    - toddlers tend to demand being freed from their high chair immediately after they are placed in there, even though they are starving
    - toddler teleport from their beds and high chair when I enter the build mode (and then of course demand to be placed back)
    - in czech version there are blackberries growing on blueberry shrubs
    - in czech version there are swapped boys' and girls' info-tabs regarding improvement in mental skills

I know it's a long list but I would be glad if it finds its way to whoever is able to fix that. I don't really know where to post it (when the answers.ea.com doesn't even allow me to pick the language of my game). Thanks a lot for reading and even more for potential spreading! :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    Majda428 wrote: »
    Hi! I'd just like to address few issues I encountered after installing Sims 4 Seasons... and probably also some which are occuring for longer period of time but I didn't really see any improvements here.

Regarding Seasons:
    - working Sims returned from work when I traveled with the rest of family
    - Sims sometimes seem to "teleport" while walking up/down the stairs (as in they teleport from one stair to another)
    - Sims got stuck after they tried to get to the bed trough a wall (instead of using stairs and doors as any normal Sim would)
    - water-balloon/mud/snow dodgeball takes forever to start
    - animation "play in the mud" seems broken as the Sim jump once and then just stands there
    - Sim repeatedly gets to know the same people in school
    - the game itself moved in the world a family which was already moved in there by me
    - Sims aren't willing to undress theit coats (for cold weather) automatically - why am I paying the bills then?
    - at the flower arranging career it doesn't really seem to matter how hard the Sim is working, I always get the same money
    - the bills somehow escalated really quickly - going from normal 2 000 to unbelievable 12 000 in one week (or whatever the time between payments is)

Older problems:
    - toddlers tend to demand being freed from their high chair immediately after they are placed in there, even though they are starving
    - toddler teleport from their beds and high chair when I enter the build mode (and then of course demand to be placed back)
    - in czech version there are blackberries growing on blueberry shrubs
    - in czech version there are swapped boys' and girls' info-tabs regarding improvement in mental skills

I know it's a long list but I would be glad if it finds its way to whoever is able to fix that. I don't really know where to post it (when the answers.ea.com doesn't even allow me to pick the language of my game). Thanks a lot for reading and even more for potential spreading! :)

Hello @Majda428
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA threads
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Sims-Return-from-School-Work-Early/m-p/6894991#M66196
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Jumpy-Animations-Sims-teleport/m-p/6892406#M65960
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Routing-Issues/m-p/6381257#M45237
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Sims-won-t-change-clothes-according-weather-coming-into/m-p/6887651#M65235
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-S-Low-payment-for-botanist-career/m-p/6889065#M65452
    With the Czech text issues, it would be best to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post about the issues there. You may need to post in English
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    AmileeLeiaAmileeLeia Posts: 8 New Member
    its not really a bug but i dont know where to put it ^^ so my patchy got struck by lightning and is now a pile of ashes and i dont know how to restore him? if i buy a new one i loose the relationshipbar with him which is not good since my sim is in a romantic relationship with him :/ any ideas on how to restore him? :sweat:
  • Options
    AmileeLeia wrote: »
    its not really a bug but i dont know where to put it ^^ so my patchy got struck by lightning and is now a pile of ashes and i dont know how to restore him? if i buy a new one i loose the relationshipbar with him which is not good since my sim is in a romantic relationship with him :/ any ideas on how to restore him? :sweat:

Hello @AmileeLeia
    Try having your sim travel to another lot, then back home again and see if that may restore him.
    Come out of the game, then go back in again and see if that restores him.
    You may though need to buy a new Patchy and build up the relationship again :(
  • Options
    AmileeLeiaAmileeLeia Posts: 8 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @AmileeLeia
    > Try having your sim travel to another lot, then back home again and see if that may restore him.
    > Come out of the game, then go back in again and see if that restores him.
    > You may though need to buy a new Patchy and build up the relationship again :(

thanks for your help! sadly these things didnt help but i bought a new one and when he comes to live he is the same patchy as before so its all good in the end :D
  • Options
    AmileeLeia wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @AmileeLeia
    > Try having your sim travel to another lot, then back home again and see if that may restore him.
    > Come out of the game, then go back in again and see if that restores him.
    > You may though need to buy a new Patchy and build up the relationship again :(

thanks for your help! sadly these things didnt help but i bought a new one and when he comes to live he is the same patchy as before so its all good in the end :D

It is good that it has worked out now :)
  • Options
    Mistletoe259Mistletoe259 Posts: 4 New Member
    I repaired my game as suggested but it keeps saying I need to download seasons even though I already did? And when I try to play it warns against playing the game while a download is in progress, but I have access to everything from seasons
  • Options
    I repaired my game as suggested but it keeps saying I need to download seasons even though I already did? And when I try to play it warns against playing the game while a download is in progress, but I have access to everything from seasons

Hello @Mistletoe259
    Try logging out of Origin, then shut down your computer completely. Restart the computer, log into Origin, then launch the game and see if the issue mesage is still there.
  • Options
    Greebo8eGreebo8e Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi has anyone else had the issue where they dont have the new traits that you can buy with reward points
  • Options
    vermin00vermin00 Posts: 1 New Member
    since i got sims 4 seasons there has been vampires breaking in a whole lot more often except they cant seem to be able to get in? the whole 'event' about a vampire breaking in starts but they just kinda knock on the door and stand there and eventually leave but its kinda annoying to have vampires come every night and not do anything and im not sure why this is happening
  • Options
    vermin00 wrote: »
    since i got sims 4 seasons there has been vampires breaking in a whole lot more often except they cant seem to be able to get in? the whole 'event' about a vampire breaking in starts but they just kinda knock on the door and stand there and eventually leave but its kinda annoying to have vampires come every night and not do anything and im not sure why this is happening

Hello @vermin00
    Try putting up garlic outside your home and it may make them leave when they arrive, and not keep returning each night.

Try also removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps
  • Options
    FTS4DFTS4D Posts: 17 Member
    Hi everyone!

My question is about basements and what you see, if you're looking upside with the free camera.

When basements were introduced, it was possible to see what was on the levels above. Now there is only black emtiness.
    I'm running the game on ultra settings, so there is no possibility to change this via ingame menu. It's all maxed out.

Is there a tweak for the ini files to bring back the view or is it gone forever?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    FTS4D wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

My question is about basements and what you see, if you're looking upside with the free camera.

When basements were introduced, it was possible to see what was on the levels above. Now there is only black emtiness.
    I'm running the game on ultra settings, so there is no possibility to change this via ingame menu. It's all maxed out.

Is there a tweak for the ini files to bring back the view or is it gone forever?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @FTS4D
    It would be best to post your questions on the Build Mode feedback thread . BryonyRae runs that thread and will help you with your queries .
    The link to the thread is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-now-testing-patch-6-19-18#latest
  • Options
    FTS4DFTS4D Posts: 17 Member
    Hello @rosemow

Thanks for your reply. I will try to get an answer in the thread you mentioned.
  • Options
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Hi there when I click on a pond there is no interaction for look for frogs is this a bug or is not available anymore.
  • Options
    slydellanitaslydellanita Posts: 2 New Member
    I have an issue with that problem...no new traits. This game is a good one but there are a lot of things that should have been worked out before the launch of the game. I have worlds that have seasons and some without the new season. I have problems with my wallpaper when I install them and again, I have problems when the sim needs to use an umbrella. One thing I notice is that the sims run around when they should be skating. I don't mean to complain but theses are small things that should have been worked out by adding a totally different world to play this expansion pack. This is the largest expansion pack since 2014 and with so much new things added to the game and everyone online playing the same game at the same time this will allow for crashing and exception errors.
  • Options
    supergirl730supergirl730 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello has anyone else had the issue of not being able to apply mint treatment to the beehive? My poor sims keep getting stung when just walking outside the house
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Merged new users game issues posts from the Friday highlight thread to here. You may notice some extra posts where there weren't before ^^

Folks as new users you won't yet have the ability to create new threads for your issues. If you find you're having a bit of bother with something and need to ask a question but can't find a thread up on it already, than this is a good thread to have bookmarked. Super helpful simmers will point you towards the best thread for the query or try to advise you on some troubleshooting you could try. For more information on how to unlock the permissions fully fledged members have, give this thread a read.

If I haven't said it before, thank you simmers for being so awesome and helpful to each other :) Much love <3
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Greebo8e wrote: »
    Hi has anyone else had the issue where they dont have the new traits that you can buy with reward points

Hello @Greebo8e
    You need to own the Seasons pack to have the seasonal themed rewards traits,
    If there isn’t the option to buy the reward traits in the reward store, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if the rewards traits are there. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair