May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,663 Member
    Lemonbalm wrote: »
    I'm having an issue, which I see is listed on the EA answers from July/August last year, so I don't want to add a me too to an old thread. My toddlers keep getting stuck on their parents. Initially I had/have a pathing issue to the parents reading to sleep, but I'm working around that by telling them to pick up the toddler and go to the toddler's room before giving the read to sleep command. Sometimes though they put the toddler on the bed and then everything glitches and the toddler flies back to being on the parent's hip. The only way I've found to fix the issue is exit and repair game, but so far I've done that at least 5 times today already. I have no mods or cc. Packs I have = Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, and Laundry day. Any suggestions?

Hello @Lemonbalm
    You could start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post about your issue there. The earlier thread didn’t use the bug template form. It may be best to fill out the bug template form, which appears when you press “ new topic” on the site, and post about your issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    FebreezepeltFebreezepelt Posts: 2 New Member
    Issue

All of my mods and CC are gone.
    I downloaded seasons about half an hour ago and when I went on my game, none of my CC would load. I assumed it had been turned off because of the update so I went and checked but it was turned on. So I logged back out and turned it off then went back on and turned it on again before restarting. I open up my world and the CC is still gone. I panic and check my mods folder. Only the Resource.cfg file is there. Someone please help me!

I am on a windows and own all expansions except from Get to work. No stuff or Game packs.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Issue

All of my mods and CC are gone.
    I downloaded seasons about half an hour ago and when I went on my game, none of my CC would load. I assumed it had been turned off because of the update so I went and checked but it was turned on. So I logged back out and turned it off then went back on and turned it on again before restarting. I open up my world and the CC is still gone. I panic and check my mods folder. Only the Resource.cfg file is there. Someone please help me!

I am on a windows and own all expansions except from Get to work. No stuff or Game packs.

Hello
    Try checking the recylcling bin and see if the mods are there. If you use One Drive, check to see if a mods folder has been generated there which contains your mods.
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that has been generated with your mods in it.
  • Options
    FebreezepeltFebreezepelt Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Febreezepelt wrote: »
    >
    > Issue
    >
    > All of my mods and CC are gone.
    > I downloaded seasons about half an hour ago and when I went on my game, none of my CC would load. I assumed it had been turned off because of the update so I went and checked but it was turned on. So I logged back out and turned it off then went back on and turned it on again before restarting. I open up my world and the CC is still gone. I panic and check my mods folder. Only the Resource.cfg file is there. Someone please help me!
    >
    > I am on a windows and own all expansions except from Get to work. No stuff or Game packs.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try checking the recylcling bin and see if the mods are there. If you use One Drive, check to see if a mods folder has been generated there which contains your mods.
    > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that has been generated with your mods in it.

Thank you so much! I found one! You have saved me from being the most scared I have ever been in my entire life. Well maybe that's an exaggeration but I have over 3000 different pieces of CC and I can't express my gratitude. Have a wonderful life!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Febreezepelt wrote: »
    >
    > Issue
    >
    > All of my mods and CC are gone.
    > I downloaded seasons about half an hour ago and when I went on my game, none of my CC would load. I assumed it had been turned off because of the update so I went and checked but it was turned on. So I logged back out and turned it off then went back on and turned it on again before restarting. I open up my world and the CC is still gone. I panic and check my mods folder. Only the Resource.cfg file is there. Someone please help me!
    >
    > I am on a windows and own all expansions except from Get to work. No stuff or Game packs.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try checking the recylcling bin and see if the mods are there. If you use One Drive, check to see if a mods folder has been generated there which contains your mods.
    > If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that has been generated with your mods in it.

Thank you so much! I found one! You have saved me from being the most scared I have ever been in my entire life. Well maybe that's an exaggeration but I have over 3000 different pieces of CC and I can't express my gratitude. Have a wonderful life!

You’re welcome! :)
  • Options
    LemonbalmLemonbalm Posts: 15 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Lemonbalm wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having an issue, which I see is listed on the EA answers from July/August last year, so I don't want to add a me too to an old thread. My toddlers keep getting stuck on their parents. Initially I had/have a pathing issue to the parents reading to sleep, but I'm working around that by telling them to pick up the toddler and go to the toddler's room before giving the read to sleep command. Sometimes though they put the toddler on the bed and then everything glitches and the toddler flies back to being on the parent's hip. The only way I've found to fix the issue is exit and repair game, but so far I've done that at least 5 times today already. I have no mods or cc. Packs I have = Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, and Laundry day. Any suggestions?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Lemonbalm
    > You could start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post about your issue there. The earlier thread didn’t use the bug template form. It may be best to fill out the bug template form, which appears when you press “ new topic” on the site, and post about your issue

Thanks Rosemow!
  • Options
    Lemonbalm wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Lemonbalm wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having an issue, which I see is listed on the EA answers from July/August last year, so I don't want to add a me too to an old thread. My toddlers keep getting stuck on their parents. Initially I had/have a pathing issue to the parents reading to sleep, but I'm working around that by telling them to pick up the toddler and go to the toddler's room before giving the read to sleep command. Sometimes though they put the toddler on the bed and then everything glitches and the toddler flies back to being on the parent's hip. The only way I've found to fix the issue is exit and repair game, but so far I've done that at least 5 times today already. I have no mods or cc. Packs I have = Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, and Laundry day. Any suggestions?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Lemonbalm
    > You could start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post about your issue there. The earlier thread didn’t use the bug template form. It may be best to fill out the bug template form, which appears when you press “ new topic” on the site, and post about your issue

Thanks Rosemow!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    TaylorVenerableTaylorVenerable Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi there! So one of the issues I've been having has been around since Get To Work and the Dine Out Game Pack, and just recently, Cats and Dogs. Basically anything that lets you have employees. The employees keep getting reset and all that money you poured into training them and bettering their skills goes to waste. I don't really know what the trend is that cause this issue, and I know it was discussed 3 years ago, when it first started happening, but I have yet to see a discussion about fixing it or at least an answer as to what causes it. Sometimes I'll leave and open the game a week later and see all my employees are gone, and it makes me sad :(
  • Options
    Hi there! So one of the issues I've been having has been around since Get To Work and the Dine Out Game Pack, and just recently, Cats and Dogs. Basically anything that lets you have employees. The employees keep getting reset and all that money you poured into training them and bettering their skills goes to waste. I don't really know what the trend is that cause this issue, and I know it was discussed 3 years ago, when it first started happening, but I have yet to see a discussion about fixing it or at least an answer as to what causes it. Sometimes I'll leave and open the game a week later and see all my employees are gone, and it makes me sad :(

Hello
    It may be a result of culling,
    Try going to manage households, and place all the employees into one household.
    Then add that household to the “ My Households” section on the left hand side of the screen.
    This will protect them from culling.

If it happens, you can also try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, which may still have the employees. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > TaylorVenerable wrote: »
    >
    > Hi there! So one of the issues I've been having has been around since Get To Work and the Dine Out Game Pack, and just recently, Cats and Dogs. Basically anything that lets you have employees. The employees keep getting reset and all that money you poured into training them and bettering their skills goes to waste. I don't really know what the trend is that cause this issue, and I know it was discussed 3 years ago, when it first started happening, but I have yet to see a discussion about fixing it or at least an answer as to what causes it. Sometimes I'll leave and open the game a week later and see all my employees are gone, and it makes me sad :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > It may be a result of culling,
    > Try going to manage households, and place all the employees into one household.
    > Then add that household to the “ My Households” section on the left hand side of the screen.
    > This will protect them from culling.
    >
    > If it happens, you can also try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, which may still have the employees. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Well they still exist in the game world though :o Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by culling. But these issues have been around for 3 years now, well before the max sim thing was introduced. And it still affected the game after it was introduced.
  • Options
    Ugh sorry, I thought quoting it would do what your post did but obviously these forums aren't normal forums. I can't even edit my reply
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    > @rosemow said:
    > TaylorVenerable wrote: »
    >
    > Hi there! So one of the issues I've been having has been around since Get To Work and the Dine Out Game Pack, and just recently, Cats and Dogs. Basically anything that lets you have employees. The employees keep getting reset and all that money you poured into training them and bettering their skills goes to waste. I don't really know what the trend is that cause this issue, and I know it was discussed 3 years ago, when it first started happening, but I have yet to see a discussion about fixing it or at least an answer as to what causes it. Sometimes I'll leave and open the game a week later and see all my employees are gone, and it makes me sad :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > It may be a result of culling,
    > Try going to manage households, and place all the employees into one household.
    > Then add that household to the “ My Households” section on the left hand side of the screen.
    > This will protect them from culling.
    >
    > If it happens, you can also try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play, which may still have the employees. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version

Well they still exist in the game world though :o Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by culling. But these issues have been around for 3 years now, well before the max sim thing was introduced. And it still affected the game after it was introduced.
    Ugh sorry, I thought quoting it would do what your post did but obviously these forums aren't normal forums. I can't even edit my reply

Hello @TaylorVenerable
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes ,This thread explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    When you are a full member the quotes will appear correctly, and you will be able to edit your posts.

If the sims still exist in the world, then they haven’t been culled.

If you have mods/cc they may have caused issues.

Repairing the game may help to prevent it occurrring . To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Trying to recover an earlier version of your game, which still has them as employees, may be a way of recovering these employees that you have trained,
  • Options
    DeeDi1024DeeDi1024 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi do you happen to know how to change the players language as my player doesn't speak english and its giving me a hard time to play and to find where to change it please help thanks
  • Options
    Mistletoe259Mistletoe259 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, ever since I downloaded Seasons I've been having issues with babies. The cheat to speed up pregnancies no longer works, and my game keeps canceling pregnancies - I'll confirm that the sim is pregnant, then come back a day later and they no longer are. And just a bit ago I had Summer Holiday woohoo with Father Winter, only to have quadruplets (without cheating, I've never had it happen before) but the game didn't register the babies as having any parent, I had to manually set Summer as their mom and I'm afraid they won't get the Father Winter's Child trait. What is going on with this, I've never had these problems before??
  • Options
    Hi, ever since I downloaded Seasons I've been having issues with babies. The cheat to speed up pregnancies no longer works, and my game keeps canceling pregnancies - I'll confirm that the sim is pregnant, then come back a day later and they no longer are. And just a bit ago I had Summer Holiday woohoo with Father Winter, only to have quadruplets (without cheating, I've never had it happen before) but the game didn't register the babies as having any parent, I had to manually set Summer as their mom and I'm afraid they won't get the Father Winter's Child trait. What is going on with this, I've never had these problems before??

Hello @Mistletoe259
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there the next time that your sim is pregnant.

There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch and Seasons. Pack
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
  • Options
    Mistletoe259Mistletoe259 Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't have any mods that affect gameplay, just clothes and stuff. But I'll give it a try! Thanks <3
  • Options
    I don't have any mods that affect gameplay, just clothes and stuff. But I'll give it a try! Thanks <3

If you find that the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps

There were cheats taken away with the last patches, and the pregnancy cheats may been some that were removed.
  • Options
    Dellimaccas123Dellimaccas123 Posts: 94 Member
    DeeDi1024 wrote: »
    Hi do you happen to know how to change the players language as my player doesn't speak english and its giving me a hard time to play and to find where to change it please help thanks

were did you get the game from ?
    have u tried going into origin and making sure you account setting are set on English cause iv had a look in my game and cant find a language setting

how long have u been playing now ? is the problem with the base game or the expansion packs cause if its the base game u may not have selected English when u first installed the game
  • Options
    BootsieJenkinsBootsieJenkins Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, having fun with Seasons, but just a suggestion, sorry if it's already been asked, but could there be a way to toggle weather between the worlds? Like in the Seasons Game Options add a button to make weather same or different in each worlds? It's just a bummer when I send my family off to the water park I built in Brindleton Bay and it's raining, even tho their house in Willow Creek is hot/sunny. Thank you!
  • Options
    StrangeSargeStrangeSarge Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! So i got this issue when im using "Become a Grand Master Vampire" cheat. When i clicked all of the power and weaknesses, the accept button is greyed out. It said i need to select weaknesses but i select them all and still no changes.Please help me. Sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Hi! So i got this issue when im using "Become a Grand Master Vampire" cheat. When i clicked all of the power and weaknesses, the accept button is greyed out. It said i need to select weaknesses but i select them all and still no changes.Please help me. Sorry for my bad english.

Hello
    Are you using a mod or a cheat? There were cheats removed by the latest patches, and the vampire cheats may also have been removed. That may have been why you have the issues. They may not work any longer.
  • Options
    Yeah i using one of the twistedmexi mod
  • Options
  • Options
    Tanks for the help
  • Options
    *thanks