Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    Ashlynn_NadetteAshlynn_Nadette Posts: 19 Member
    I have two alien babies that AREN'T MINE, while in build mode I placed to alien bassinets and once I placed them a random baby appeared in the bassinets, they give no hint of when they're hungry because I haven't seen them sleep or cry once, and they're not even a part of my household. I my original plan was to age them up, but no, that would be to simple, while I can interact to feed and change diapers, I can't age them up, they just drop the action, so now I'm stuck with them. I'm thinking about leaving them until child protective services show up, but I'm worried they'll take my actual baby (yeah now I have three.. SURPRISE)
  • Options
    Sorry to post twice but I forgot to add this in, I've seen allot about the mod created by dead pool (or something like that lol) but when I tried to download it McAffee said that it is dangerous and contains viruses. I can't get a new laptop if I destroy this, and I don't currently have a virus protector so I have nothing to stop it from giving me a virus.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    I have two alien babies that AREN'T MINE, while in build mode I placed to alien bassinets and once I placed them a random baby appeared in the bassinets, they give no hint of when they're hungry because I haven't seen them sleep or cry once, and they're not even a part of my household. I my original plan was to age them up, but no, that would be to simple, while I can interact to feed and change diapers, I can't age them up, they just drop the action, so now I'm stuck with them. I'm thinking about leaving them until child protective services show up, but I'm worried they'll take my actual baby (yeah now I have three.. SURPRISE)

Hello @Ashlynn_Nadette
    You can go into build mode and delete the bassinets, and this will make the babies disappear.
  • Options
    @rosemow it wont let me, I even tried the undo buttons and sledgehammer.
  • Options
    @rosemow it wont let me, I even tried the undo buttons and sledgehammer.

Try building a small room around the bassinets, then delete that small room.
  • Options
    Sorry to post twice but I forgot to add this in, I've seen allot about the mod created by dead pool (or something like that lol) but when I tried to download it McAffee said that it is dangerous and contains viruses. I can't get a new laptop if I destroy this, and I don't currently have a virus protector so I have nothing to stop it from giving me a virus.

MCCC mod is very safe.It doesn’t give viruses. There are many simmers who use that mod, and the modder is quick to issue updates to the mod if it becomes broken due to a patch.
  • Options
    emilymacxoxoemilymacxoxo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! So, since updating my game last, I have been unable to use all but about 4 cheats in the game. For example, motherlode still works but I can't use the skills or pregnancy cheats. Please advise.
  • Options
    Hello! So, since updating my game last, I have been unable to use all but about 4 cheats in the game. For example, motherlode still works but I can't use the skills or pregnancy cheats. Please advise.

Hello @emilymacxoxo
    There has been some cheats that have been removed by the Developers through the latest patch . This article explains about this
    https://simsvip.com/2018/06/26/the-sims-4-list-of-cheats-that-dont-work-and-have-been-removed/
  • Options
    EmmitaylorEmmitaylor Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! So my game keeps getting stuck at the sims loading screen when I just open my game. I've searched it and they said to go through all my custom content. I now have nothing in my mods folder and all my custom content is gone and in a completely different folder. it still freezes no matter what is in my folder.does anyone else know what to do
  • Options
    Emmitaylor wrote: »
    Hi! So my game keeps getting stuck at the sims loading screen when I just open my game. I've searched it and they said to go through all my custom content. I now have nothing in my mods folder and all my custom content is gone and in a completely different folder. it still freezes no matter what is in my folder.does anyone else know what to do

Hello @Emmitaylor
    Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps. There may still be remnants of the mods/cc in your caches.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    EmmitaylorEmmitaylor Posts: 5 New Member
    @rosemow I tried both those things and they didn't work. Do have any other ideas? its okay if you don't :) also my cache folder is empty
  • Options
    Emmitaylor wrote: »
    @rosemow I tried both those things and they didn't work. Do have any other ideas? its okay if you don't :) also my cache folder is empty

Hello @Emmitaylor
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

Try starting the game in windowed mode and see if that helps
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps the issue.. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
  • Options
    Greebo8eGreebo8e Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16580009"][quote="Greebo8e;c-16578426"]Hi has anyone else had the issue where they dont have the new traits that you can buy with reward points

[/quote]

Hello @Greebo8e
    You need to own the Seasons pack to have the seasonal themed rewards traits,
    If there isn’t the option to buy the reward traits in the reward store, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if the rewards traits are there. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

[/quote]
    Hi thank you for your reply yup was the mods no surprise there have too many to go through so just got rid of my whole folder game runs so much faster now
  • Options
    Greebo8e wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Greebo8e wrote: »
    Hi has anyone else had the issue where they dont have the new traits that you can buy with reward points

Hello @Greebo8e
    You need to own the Seasons pack to have the seasonal themed rewards traits,
    If there isn’t the option to buy the reward traits in the reward store, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if the rewards traits are there. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

Hi thank you for your reply yup was the mods no surprise there have too many to go through so just got rid of my whole folder game runs so much faster now

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    aallii2222aallii2222 Posts: 103 Member
    I really hope to get help through this post.... I'm not sure how I'm gonna get help without posting a picture or something to explain the problem but my problem is that the metal in the Sims 4 isn't shining anymore and I really wanna make it shine again. I remember making a dome and made the texture to be metallic but then maybe after the update the glossiness of the metal was gone and I've tried to get it back but I really don't know how. I alos tried to look up the problem on Google and I hadn't gotten anything so pleas help me with this or at least lead me to the way to fix it.
  • Options
    aallii2222 wrote: »
    I really hope to get help through this post.... I'm not sure how I'm gonna get help without posting a picture or something to explain the problem but my problem is that the metal in the Sims 4 isn't shining anymore and I really wanna make it shine again. I remember making a dome and made the texture to be metallic but then maybe after the update the glossiness of the metal was gone and I've tried to get it back but I really don't know how. I alos tried to look up the problem on Google and I hadn't gotten anything so pleas help me with this or at least lead me to the way to fix it.

Hello @aallii2222
    Was the glossiness from the ea metal without cc or is it connected with cc?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > aallii2222 wrote: »
    >
    > I really hope to get help through this post.... I'm not sure how I'm gonna get help without posting a picture or something to explain the problem but my problem is that the metal in the Sims 4 isn't shining anymore and I really wanna make it shine again. I remember making a dome and made the texture to be metallic but then maybe after the update the glossiness of the metal was gone and I've tried to get it back but I really don't know how. I alos tried to look up the problem on Google and I hadn't gotten anything so pleas help me with this or at least lead me to the way to fix it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @aallii2222
    > Was the glossiness from the ea metal without cc or is it connected with cc?

I'm not understanding the question to be honest & how do I know if it's with cc or not?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I really hope to get help through this post.... I'm not sure how I'm gonna get help without posting a picture or something to explain the problem but my problem is that the metal in the Sims 4 isn't shining anymore and I really wanna make it shine again. I remember making a dome and made the texture to be metallic but then maybe after the update the glossiness of the metal was gone and I've tried to get it back but I really don't know how. I alos tried to look up the problem on Google and I hadn't gotten anything so pleas help me with this or at least lead me to the way to fix it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @aallii2222
    > Was the glossiness from the ea metal without cc or is it connected with cc?

I'm not understanding the question to be honest & how do I know if it's with cc or not?

I am sorry @aallii2222
    Was the glossiness how the metal was originally when your sims collected it, and now it isn’t glossy?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > aallii2222 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I really hope to get help through this post.... I'm not sure how I'm gonna get help without posting a picture or something to explain the problem but my problem is that the metal in the Sims 4 isn't shining anymore and I really wanna make it shine again. I remember making a dome and made the texture to be metallic but then maybe after the update the glossiness of the metal was gone and I've tried to get it back but I really don't know how. I alos tried to look up the problem on Google and I hadn't gotten anything so pleas help me with this or at least lead me to the way to fix it.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @aallii2222
    > > Was the glossiness from the ea metal without cc or is it connected with cc?
    >
    > I'm not understanding the question to be honest & how do I know if it's with cc or not?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry @aallii2222
    > Was the glossiness how the metal was originally when your sims collected it, and now it isn’t glossy?

Actually it's not a collectable object but yes originally it had this amazing glossiness and now it has disappeared for no reason. I believe some certain things in the game would have the glossiness effect like some of the bathroom floors and walls but not this texture. I'll bring you its name soon so far I can't remember what's it called.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > aallii2222 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I really hope to get help through this post.... I'm not sure how I'm gonna get help without posting a picture or something to explain the problem but my problem is that the metal in the Sims 4 isn't shining anymore and I really wanna make it shine again. I remember making a dome and made the texture to be metallic but then maybe after the update the glossiness of the metal was gone and I've tried to get it back but I really don't know how. I alos tried to look up the problem on Google and I hadn't gotten anything so pleas help me with this or at least lead me to the way to fix it.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @aallii2222
    > > Was the glossiness from the ea metal without cc or is it connected with cc?
    >
    > I'm not understanding the question to be honest & how do I know if it's with cc or not?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry @aallii2222
    > Was the glossiness how the metal was originally when your sims collected it, and now it isn’t glossy?

Actually it's not a collectable object but yes originally it had this amazing glossiness and now it has disappeared for no reason. I believe some certain things in the game would have the glossiness effect like some of the bathroom floors and walls but not this texture. I'll bring you its name soon so far I can't remember what's it called.

Hello
    Try making sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
    Try altering the graphics settings in game options and see if that helps. Higher the graphics serrings.
  • Options
    ShaeGreyShaeGrey Posts: 2 New Member
    I keep getting MCCC error messages, about Last Exception files. I looked through the newest Last Exception file and this is the exact error line "RuntimeError: TalkingToilet_UseSanitize" What do I need to do to fix this? Will simply replacing the toilets in my house with different ones fix this problem?
  • Options
    ShaeGrey wrote: »
    I keep getting MCCC error messages, about Last Exception files. I looked through the newest Last Exception file and this is the exact error line "RuntimeError: TalkingToilet_UseSanitize" What do I need to do to fix this? Will simply replacing the toilets in my house with different ones fix this problem?

Hello @ShaeGrey
    Try selling the talking toilet and see if that stops the error messages, Then test by buying the talking toilet again and see if the error issue occurs again.
  • Options
    angelwingz07angelwingz07 Posts: 2 New Member
    Not sure if this is where I post but I've been experiencing a number of bugs sine the gardening update. I can deal with the routing issues, Sims teleporting and other bugs but the appliances continuing to break is flipping me off to no end. My appliances are fine as long as I don't expand my house. Once I go in build mode and expand my house the appliances break. If the game actually allows my Sim to repair an item the item will break with the first rain. I could understand if I didn't have a roof but I will put more then 1 roof to make sure I cover every angle. Despite this my appliances still break when it rains. There are times when Sims are repairing indefinitely and the sound that's made when something breaks continually chimes.
  • Options
    angelwingz07angelwingz07 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like to add that I have all expansions for Sims 4 and no CC.
  • Options
    Not sure if this is where I post but I've been experiencing a number of bugs sine the gardening update. I can deal with the routing issues, Sims teleporting and other bugs but the appliances continuing to break is flipping me off to no end. My appliances are fine as long as I don't expand my house. Once I go in build mode and expand my house the appliances break. If the game actually allows my Sim to repair an item the item will break with the first rain. I could understand if I didn't have a roof but I will put more then 1 roof to make sure I cover every angle. Despite this my appliances still break when it rains. There are times when Sims are repairing indefinitely and the sound that's made when something breaks continually chimes.

Hello @angelwingz07
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Appliances-break-very-easily/m-p/6881082#M64242
    With the endless repairing, this thread refers to the issue, You may like to post feedback there,
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Some-upgraded-objects-can-not-be-repaired/m-p/6882830#M64487