The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,710 Member
    jnovelli wrote: »
    ok mac sim 4 players i recently updated my game (6/26/18) and when I started up my game EVERYTHING was gone. None of my games were there and none of the houses I had were there. I tried making a new game with new sims and everytime I tried to move into a house after making a sim the sim disappeared and it made me make a new sim but when I tried to move in once again it erased everything. I am getting frustrated because I am unsure if it is my game or if it is EA in general. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I am not computer savy either so if someone could dumb down the computer technology and how to find out if something is seriously wrong please let me know. I really appreciate any help.

Hello @jnovelli
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :( Because you are a Mac simmer it would be best to post about your issues on a thread in the Sims 4 Mac section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
    Mac Simmers there will offer help
    Because you are a new menber, you are unable to start your own thread, but you can post on a thread there that has already been started by another simmer.
  • Options
    jnovellijnovelli Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks will do!!
  • Options
    frankenzillafrankenzilla Posts: 1 New Member
    1. My festivals are still overlapping, it's a giant mess.

2. The only holiday I have played so far is love day and a few days later all of the neighborhood lots still have love day decorations up. I did not put any up on my lot.

I have no idea if these issues are connected but both issues are ruining some of the things I enjoy about this game
  • Options
    1. My festivals are still overlapping, it's a giant mess.

2. The only holiday I have played so far is love day and a few days later all of the neighborhood lots still have love day decorations up. I did not put any up on my lot.

I have no idea if these issues are connected but both issues are ruining some of the things I enjoy about this game

Hello @frankenzilla
    With the festivals issue, it can help if you have your sims stay at the festival right until the end, until all the items have disappeared.
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and-being/m-p/6433737#M52132

With the second issue, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-NPC-Holiday-Decorations-won-t-go-away-after-holiday-is/m-p/6885366#M64793
  • Options
    captainsarcasmcaptainsarcasm Posts: 14 New Member
    So with 320 pages of bugs, I am not going back to see if these minor bugs I have encountered have been reported before so I do apologise if they have been mentioned before. I should add that I do not play with any mods or custom content. I have all packs and all updates have been downloaded. These are just minor things I have come across.

- I can't hire a gardener because it says I do not have a garden but I do with about 15 full planter boxes.
    - While celebrating HarvestFest, my mom sim can't complete the thankful interaction with her Teen sim (who is currently in that distant phase) and instead loses relationship with her but all other interactions are fine.
    -My sims can't clear the bulletin board. Their arms do a wonky animation and then nothing happens. If I drag stuff off, it works but my sims are physically unable to do it themselves, even after moving the board around.
  • Options
    captainsarcasmcaptainsarcasm Posts: 14 New Member
    Whoops. I also forgot one but I am unable to edit my post. Apologies for double posting.

The time also jumps around very inconsistently, especially at night when my sims are asleep or are at work/school. It mostly happens when its the fastest setting -it will get to a time and then randomly jump back again.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    So with 320 pages of bugs, I am not going back to see if these minor bugs I have encountered have been reported before so I do apologise if they have been mentioned before. I should add that I do not play with any mods or custom content. I have all packs and all updates have been downloaded. These are just minor things I have come across.

- I can't hire a gardener because it says I do not have a garden but I do with about 15 full planter boxes.
    - While celebrating HarvestFest, my mom sim can't complete the thankful interaction with her Teen sim (who is currently in that distant phase) and instead loses relationship with her but all other interactions are fine.
    -My sims can't clear the bulletin board. Their arms do a wonky animation and then nothing happens. If I drag stuff off, it works but my sims are physically unable to do it themselves, even after moving the board around.

Hello @captainsarcasm
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    You may like to post feedback on these AHQ EA threads

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-hire-a-gardener/m-p/6873925#M63651p
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PH-clear-bulletin-board-doesn-t-work/m-p/6882955#M64509

With the last issue, it can sometimes help if you press pause before going to ultra speed, then pressing pause again before going back to normal speed,

• Options
    darpdarp Posts: 7 New Member
    These are just some issues I want to bring up about the new update/patch that I haven't seen anyone mention yet on these forums. Also I have tried running the game without mods and am still getting the same issues. This mostly has to do with vampires.

- Vampires are unable to use the roller rink/ ice rink.

When choosing the option to skate around they get in the rink then immediately leave. I have not experienced this problem with regular sims only my grand master vampires. I could post a video of the issue but my account doesn't have the points(?) I have also googled the issue and have seen people posting about it on other forums and apparently this bug only happens to grand master vampires.

- Vampires do not change their clothes when the weather is hot/cold.

I thought this may have been an issue regarding cc clothes but my regular sims change their clothes based on the temperature even when using cc. This may have something to do with the previous bug I mentioned (maybe the game didn't patch seasons to work for vampires? lol)

Apart from that the only other issue I have experienced thus far is wild plants duplicating after harvest. I really hope this issue can be fixed without having to restart my savefile.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Hi @darp

the roller skating issue seems to be related to always fly as. If you turn that off, they should be able to skate

As for the clothing, vampires don't seem affected by the weather (unless it's the sun), so they don't really need to change

The wild flower duplication was fixed but affected games will still have their duplicates.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    > @crinrict said:
    > Hi @darp
    >
    > the roller skating issue seems to be related to always fly as. If you turn that off, they should be able to skate
    >
    > As for the clothing, vampires don't seem affected by the weather (unless it's the sun), so they don't really need to change
    >
    > The wild flower duplication was fixed but affected games will still have their duplicates.

Ah thank you! I guess this means I'm going to have to restart my save if I want normal plants :(
  • Options
    Yeah .. we need a deleteObject cheat :D Maybe you can use the set as head cheat of there aren't too many of them.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    peteysimspeteysims Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi!

Having an issue, just noticed it now after getting seasons though I'm not sure how connected it is to that. (I have all expansions and game packs, and a few stuff packs, only one mod installed, no other CC, that is fully updated for seasons and recent patch)

Basically, my sims are ALWAYS sad because of random other sims' deaths. They're third generation of their family so obviously some sims have died around them, but I keep getting calls and notifications for sims they've never even met saying something like "I thought you should know ___ passed away" and then they get the sad moodlet for 2 days. And it's on constantly endless loop many times a day so that they're just locked into and unbreakable sadness and I can't get them to just live their lives normally.

Please help I want to continue this family for further generations but don't want forever sad sims! (also they can't even woohoo when sad so who knows if we can even get to the next gen at this rate haha)
  • Options
    peteysims wrote: »
    Hi!

Having an issue, just noticed it now after getting seasons though I'm not sure how connected it is to that. (I have all expansions and game packs, and a few stuff packs, only one mod installed, no other CC, that is fully updated for seasons and recent patch)

Basically, my sims are ALWAYS sad because of random other sims' deaths. They're third generation of their family so obviously some sims have died around them, but I keep getting calls and notifications for sims they've never even met saying something like "I thought you should know ___ passed away" and then they get the sad moodlet for 2 days. And it's on constantly endless loop many times a day so that they're just locked into and unbreakable sadness and I can't get them to just live their lives normally.

Please help I want to continue this family for further generations but don't want forever sad sims! (also they can't even woohoo when sad so who knows if we can even get to the next gen at this rate haha)

Some changes were made to this but I think they might have overdone it.

There's a thread on it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Sim-gets-quot-phone-call-quot-amp-notice-about-another/td-p/6891985/jump-to/first-unread-message
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    FliptheFlop127FliptheFlop127 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello,
    I have an issue: when my sims are hungry (the hunger bar is yellow or red), I click "grab a serving" on the food they just made (which is in the refrigerator and it's not spoiled) and then the sims takes the food, it puts the food on the table, it sits and then they automatically cancel the action of eating and they go away for no reason. I tried very hard to make my sim eat before starving but we sped like three hours trying to make him eat. It's frustrating. I need help please.
  • Options
    Hello,
    I have an issue: when my sims are hungry (the hunger bar is yellow or red), I click "grab a serving" on the food they just made (which is in the refrigerator and it's not spoiled) and then the sims takes the food, it puts the food on the table, it sits and then they automatically cancel the action of eating and they go away for no reason. I tried very hard to make my sim eat before starving but we sped like three hours trying to make him eat. It's frustrating. I need help please.

Hello @FliptheFlop127
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps

Try having them travel to another lot, then back home again and see if the issue remains.

If there is any overhanging items where the table is, try removing them and see if that helps.
  • Options
    champion32271champion32271 Posts: 1 New Member
    Alright, so I am a former sims 3 player, and I want to get back into the game, so what pack contains the most(if not all) expansions. I want to have city living, cats and dogs, and seasons at the very least. If that doesn't come in a pack, does anyone know how much it would cost? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Alright, so I am a former sims 3 player, and I want to get back into the game, so what pack contains the most(if not all) expansions. I want to have city living, cats and dogs, and seasons at the very least. If that doesn't come in a pack, does anyone know how much it would cost? Thanks in advance.

Hello @champion32271
    You may need to buy the expansions individually. Origin sells the expansion packs and often has sales where they reduce the prices of them. You could also use the build a bundle option that origin has, that will reduce the costs
    https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-build-a-bundle
  • Options
    peteysimspeteysims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @crinrict said:
    > peteysims wrote: »
    >
    > Hi!
    >
    > Having an issue, just noticed it now after getting seasons though I'm not sure how connected it is to that. (I have all expansions and game packs, and a few stuff packs, only one mod installed, no other CC, that is fully updated for seasons and recent patch)
    >
    > Basically, my sims are ALWAYS sad because of random other sims' deaths. They're third generation of their family so obviously some sims have died around them, but I keep getting calls and notifications for sims they've never even met saying something like "I thought you should know ___ passed away" and then they get the sad moodlet for 2 days. And it's on constantly endless loop many times a day so that they're just locked into and unbreakable sadness and I can't get them to just live their lives normally.
    >
    > Please help I want to continue this family for further generations but don't want forever sad sims! (also they can't even woohoo when sad so who knows if we can even get to the next gen at this rate haha)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Some changes were made to this but I think they might have overdone it.
    >
    >

Yes, this is what is happening to me. Hopefully this can be fixed soon because I can barely play the game with this current issue.
  • Options
    peteysims wrote: »
    > @crinrict said:
    > peteysims wrote: »
    >
    > Hi!
    >
    > Having an issue, just noticed it now after getting seasons though I'm not sure how connected it is to that. (I have all expansions and game packs, and a few stuff packs, only one mod installed, no other CC, that is fully updated for seasons and recent patch)
    >
    > Basically, my sims are ALWAYS sad because of random other sims' deaths. They're third generation of their family so obviously some sims have died around them, but I keep getting calls and notifications for sims they've never even met saying something like "I thought you should know ___ passed away" and then they get the sad moodlet for 2 days. And it's on constantly endless loop many times a day so that they're just locked into and unbreakable sadness and I can't get them to just live their lives normally.
    >
    > Please help I want to continue this family for further generations but don't want forever sad sims! (also they can't even woohoo when sad so who knows if we can even get to the next gen at this rate haha)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Some changes were made to this but I think they might have overdone it.
    >
    >

Yes, this is what is happening to me. Hopefully this can be fixed soon because I can barely play the game with this current issue.

Hello
    You may like to press “ me too” or post feedback on the thread that Crinrict linked to.
  • Options
    Sorry for posting again is there an issue where thermostats don't work in public/generic lots? All the options are grayed out and telling me to pay my bills even though I don't own the lot.
  • Options
    darp wrote: »
    Sorry for posting again is there an issue where thermostats don't work in public/generic lots? All the options are grayed out and telling me to pay my bills even though I don't own the lot.

Hello @darp
    Simmers have been posting about this in this link thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/942672/thermostats-do-not-work-in-community-locations-they-say-that-power-has-been-shut-off
    Crinrict has asked for a simmer to starts a new thread on the AHQ EA site about the issue. You may like to do that
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/16565378/#Comment_16565378
  • Options
    darp wrote: »

Hello @darp
    Simmers have been posting about this in this link thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/942672/thermostats-do-not-work-in-community-locations-they-say-that-power-has-been-shut-off
    Crinrict has asked for a simmer to starts a new thread on the AHQ EA site about the issue. You may like to do that
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/16565378/#Comment_16565378
  • Options
    willwest43willwest43 Posts: 6 New Member
    Problem with City Living...

I recently purchased the City Living DLC and I have noticed that whenever my sims are doing an action or animation, they seem to freeze before every action and after every action. The only way to progress while ingame is to pause and unpause. I can command my sim to do something then quickly tap pause and play and then they will continue. Any other world works just fine. I have households in multiple worlds and they don't have this issue. Just City Living. When I bring other sims to the City, I suffer the same issue.
  • Options
    willwest43 wrote: »
    Problem with City Living...

I recently purchased the City Living DLC and I have noticed that whenever my sims are doing an action or animation, they seem to freeze before every action and after every action. The only way to progress while ingame is to pause and unpause. I can command my sim to do something then quickly tap pause and play and then they will continue. Any other world works just fine. I have households in multiple worlds and they don't have this issue. Just City Living. When I bring other sims to the City, I suffer the same issue.

Hello @willwest43
    There are many other simmers who also are having this issue with SanMyshuno. The world can cause lagginess and/or freezing. Some simmers have found that it is best to not have their sims live there. It doesn’t affect all simmers though. The Developers are aware of the issue.