Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you rosemow for the quick response. I did try what you suggested already. It didn't work.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,617 Member
    Thank you rosemow for the quick response. I did try what you suggested already. It didn't work.

Try logging out of origin. Then try going to task manager, and if Origin is still running, click to end task. Then log back into origin, and see if the issues remain,
  • Options
    L_HarrisL_Harris Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello all. I have searched the threads and I hope I am not overlooking anything. I am trying to get assistance with a "could not locate this item" problem in my Sims 4 Gallery. Just an fyi I am not computer smart. I know the basics of using a computer.
  • Options
    L_Harris wrote: »
    Hello all. I have searched the threads and I hope I am not overlooking anything. I am trying to get assistance with a "could not locate this item" problem in my Sims 4 Gallery. Just an fyi I am not computer smart. I know the basics of using a computer.

Hello @L_Harris
    Is the message appearing on one item or on all the items in your library section of the gallery?
  • Options
    Ssummers2Ssummers2 Posts: 1 New Member
    Having an issue with Seasons (currently installing the patch, so we'll see if this affects this issue, although it didn't seem to be addressed in patch notes) where my sims needs go from full to depleted in about 2 seconds, and that is not an exaggeration! Sim peed, went to bed, woke up and wet herself, then had to pee by the time she got done showering. While this bladder issue was happening, another sim was exhausted yet wouldn't stay in bed longer than 30 game minutes, so he kept waking up, complaining of exhaustion, passing out before getting back into bed and then the cycle continued. Like I said, I'm installing the patch now, and will keep this updated.
  • Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Whitedove52355 wrote: »
    >
    > Thank you rosemow for the quick response. I did try what you suggested already. It didn't work.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try logging out of origin. Then try going to task manager, and if Origin is still running, click to end task. Then log back into origin, and see if the issues remain,

It wasn't running so I tried repairing the game twice. On the second try it installed the Hotfix and I got into the game! So happy and relieved. Thank you for your kind help. *runs off to play with big smiles*
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Whitedove52355 wrote: »
    >
    > Thank you rosemow for the quick response. I did try what you suggested already. It didn't work.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try logging out of origin. Then try going to task manager, and if Origin is still running, click to end task. Then log back into origin, and see if the issues remain,

It wasn't running so I tried repairing the game twice. On the second try it installed the Hotfix and I got into the game! So happy and relieved. Thank you for your kind help. *runs off to play with big smiles*

I am glad that the update is now installed :) Happy simming!
  • Options
    RøseRøse Posts: 14 New Member
    So.. my father doesn't know what's wrong. Does that mean I can't play the sims 4 anymore..?
  • Options
    Røse wrote: »
    So.. my father doesn't know what's wrong. Does that mean I can't play the sims 4 anymore..?

Hello @rose
    I am so sorry but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs :(
    As I posted in the earlier post you have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things are causing the lagging issues.
    I am so sorry :(
    With each patch and each pack, it puts extra strain on the computer to run the game.

As I posted in the earlier post, there are some things that you can do that may help. Try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options.
    Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.
    Go to the Dell website, search for your computer model and see if there are updated drivers to,download.
    Doing these things may help you to play the game.
    You could also try disabling some packs and see if that helps.
    .https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/
  • Options
    gjessicaxgjessicax Posts: 2 New Member
    > @L_Harris said:
    > Hello all. I have searched the threads and I hope I am not overlooking anything. I am trying to get assistance with a "could not locate this item" problem in my Sims 4 Gallery. Just an fyi I am not computer smart. I know the basics of using a computer.

I'm having the same problem!! I started a new game and was filling in the lots, but a lot of my favorite lots (and households, etc.) have a red X and say "could not locate this item." Even if I find them separately in the gallery, there's no way for me to unsave them and resave them. If I try to place them, it crashes my game. I miss my Newcrest library help lol
  • Options
    gjessicax wrote: »
    > @L_Harris said:
    > Hello all. I have searched the threads and I hope I am not overlooking anything. I am trying to get assistance with a "could not locate this item" problem in my Sims 4 Gallery. Just an fyi I am not computer smart. I know the basics of using a computer.

I'm having the same problem!! I started a new game and was filling in the lots, but a lot of my favorite lots (and households, etc.) have a red X and say "could not locate this item." Even if I find them separately in the gallery, there's no way for me to unsave them and resave them. If I try to place them, it crashes my game. I miss my Newcrest library help lol

Hello @gjessicax
    Your Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -tray folder holds the files of the builds and households that you have saved to your library.
    Each sims household contains 5 files and an extra file for each extra sim. ( 1x .householdbinary, 1x trayitem, 2x .sgi, 1x .hhi and an extra sgi file for each extra sim)
    A Lot consists of 6-11 files, depending on how many floors your Lot has (1 trayitem file, 1blueprint file and 4 bpi files, and an extra bpi files for each extra floor).
    The items that have the issues, may be missing files.
    Try to find the files that relate to the builds and households that have the issue, and remove them from the tray folder. You can sort the tray folder by date /time and that can help you to find the files.There would be a date on the items in your libary also.
    You can then download again new copies of the creations that had the issues.

• Options
    CookieMonster68CookieMonster68 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I I am new to the forums and I cannot figure out how to search for my issue - I am so sorry if it is on here somewhere already.

I was super excited to start playing Seasons, and specifically play with the new gardening features. I've spent hours and hours trying, but I CANNOT get my plants to level up! The highest I've gotten is 1.5 bars, and half of the plants keep getting worse instead of better. I'm watering/weeding/fertilizing/etc immediately when the options become available. Is anyone else encountering this?

Thank you!
  • Options
    Hello! I I am new to the forums and I cannot figure out how to search for my issue - I am so sorry if it is on here somewhere already.

I was super excited to start playing Seasons, and specifically play with the new gardening features. I've spent hours and hours trying, but I CANNOT get my plants to level up! The highest I've gotten is 1.5 bars, and half of the plants keep getting worse instead of better. I'm watering/weeding/fertilizing/etc immediately when the options become available. Is anyone else encountering this?

Thank you!

Hello @CookieMonster68
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the issue. Other simmers are also having this issue
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16569567/#Comment_16569567
  • Options
    Loner_SimALoner_SimA Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello, I'm not sure what to do.. recently I've been experiencing my game staying on the load screen. I can go through CAS, access my househould but I can't play them which is weird because I was playing one last night. The plumbob will spin and the helpful tips will show, but it stops at that any suggetions?
  • Options
    Loner_SimA wrote: »
    Hello, I'm not sure what to do.. recently I've been experiencing my game staying on the load screen. I can go through CAS, access my househould but I can't play them which is weird because I was playing one last night. The plumbob will spin and the helpful tips will show, but it stops at that any suggetions?

Hello @Loner_SimA
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
  • Options
    L_HarrisL_Harris Posts: 11 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > L_Harris wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @L_Harris
    > Is the message appearing on one item or on all the items in your library section of the gallery?

So far just two items in the gallary
  • Options
    L_Harris wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > L_Harris wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @L_Harris
    > Is the message appearing on one item or on all the items in your library section of the gallery?

So far just two items in the gallary

Hello @L_Halle
    Try doing what I posted in this link post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16569581/#Comment_16569581
  • Options
    FlaffyBiscuitFlaffyBiscuit Posts: 7 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > FlaffyBiscuit wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > FlaffyBiscuit wrote: »
    > >
    > > I am still having the same issue with my CC, I do not use one drive only the mods folder in The Sims 4 folder, I am a MacBook Air user, my CC shows in game and works fine too, but I can't delete it or find it in my Mods folder and I can't get new CC either, so if anyone knows how to fix it, can they please comment it, Thanks!
    > > Flaffy :D
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @FlaffyBiscuit
    > > It may be best to post about your issues in a thread in the Mac Section of the forums. Mac simmers may be able to help,you.
    >
    > Ok can you send the link of it or how to get on it?? thanks for ur help :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @FlaffyBiscuit
    > The link to the Mac Section of the forums is hp://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
    > Mac Simmers there will offer help
    > Because you are a new menber, you are unable to start your own thread, but you can post on a thread that has already been started by another simmer.

Thanks for all your help!!! :D
    Flaffy
  • Options
    pheemamapheemama Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello! First off let me say I absolutely love the Sims. I have played since the very first Sims was released. :) Anyway my issue is that my game works fine but I noticed one or 2 items seem to be completely deleted from my game. For example I went to buy mode and comfort then dining chairs. There used to be a dining chair I used for weddings quite a bit called the Sitting Pretty White Chair but it is gone from buy mode. I have taken out my custom content, repaired my game, uninstalled then reinstalled my game still nothing brings it back. There is so many items in sims 4 that I am not sure if there are anymore missing items. I only noticed that one because I use it a lot. Any suggestions why an item would no longer show in my game?
  • Options
    pheemamapheemama Posts: 5 New Member
    Okay I actually just figured it out and I am not sure what to do. A week or so ago I transferred games one Origin account to another so i could deactivate the old account and have all my games under the new account. I originally bought the digital Deluxe Edition but for some reason when they did the transfer they only gave be the standard edition. I checked and all the items that came with the Digital Deluxe Edition are the ones missing from my game. Is there anyway to get those back?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > FlaffyBiscuit wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > FlaffyBiscuit wrote: »
    > >
    > > I am still having the same issue with my CC, I do not use one drive only the mods folder in The Sims 4 folder, I am a MacBook Air user, my CC shows in game and works fine too, but I can't delete it or find it in my Mods folder and I can't get new CC either, so if anyone knows how to fix it, can they please comment it, Thanks!
    > > Flaffy :D
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @FlaffyBiscuit
    > > It may be best to post about your issues in a thread in the Mac Section of the forums. Mac simmers may be able to help,you.
    >
    > Ok can you send the link of it or how to get on it?? thanks for ur help :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @FlaffyBiscuit
    > The link to the Mac Section of the forums is hp://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
    > Mac Simmers there will offer help
    > Because you are a new menber, you are unable to start your own thread, but you can post on a thread that has already been started by another simmer.

Thanks for all your help!!! :D
    Flaffy

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    pheemama wrote: »
    Okay I actually just figured it out and I am not sure what to do. A week or so ago I transferred games one Origin account to another so i could deactivate the old account and have all my games under the new account. I originally bought the digital Deluxe Edition but for some reason when they did the transfer they only gave be the standard edition. I checked and all the items that came with the Digital Deluxe Edition are the ones missing from my game. Is there anyway to get those back?

Hello @pheemama
    It would be best to be in touch with EA help. They will assist you
    https://help.ea.com/
  • Options
    Loner_SimALoner_SimA Posts: 6 New Member
    Okay I'm back with another question lol, so my game loading error was resolved but now I'm getting an error code saying that it failed to launch and that I need to restart. This has never happened to me before, what should I do?
  • Options
    Loner_SimA wrote: »
    Okay I'm back with another question lol, so my game loading error was resolved but now I'm getting an error code saying that it failed to launch and that I need to restart. This has never happened to me before, what should I do?

Hello @Loner_SimA
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    jnovellijnovelli Posts: 4 New Member
    ok mac sim 4 players i recently updated my game (6/26/18) and when I started up my game EVERYTHING was gone. None of my games were there and none of the houses I had were there. I tried making a new game with new sims and everytime I tried to move into a house after making a sim the sim disappeared and it made me make a new sim but when I tried to move in once again it erased everything. I am getting frustrated because I am unsure if it is my game or if it is EA in general. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I am not computer savy either so if someone could dumb down the computer technology and how to find out if something is seriously wrong please let me know. I really appreciate any help.