Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i don't know what the benders actually are.whith every rewrite they change things i thought i knew about them.

The unpredictable trope? I think that's a thing. :D

we know that already.

Then why didn't you suggest it? :p

you didlol.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    i don't know what the benders actually are.whith every rewrite they change things i thought i knew about them.

The unpredictable trope? I think that's a thing. :D

we know that already.

Then why didn't you suggest it? :p

you didlol.

.... I suppose I did get in there fairly quickly. :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    (I suddenly feel bashful that my siggie pic shows an older woman in the bathtub in the garden in the moonlight... I wonder why that didn't embarrass me last night? Now when I see it, I blush... )
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Tropes? Great question! I have so many stories so I'm not sure which story you want to hear tropes from.

@AdamsEve1231 Pick any. :) Which one's the most interesting or has the most fun tropes?

@AdamsEve1231 You can also just think of which tropes are your favorites in general, independent of the ones used in your stories if that's easier. :)
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I need help with 2 things guys.

One: How do i make a gif to put in my signature for the blog? IK how to add a link to an image but i don't know the basics of making the actual image.

Two: I use Blogger for my blog. I have the top-bar thing that has 'shortcuts' to pages. How do i add a page to that bar?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    (I suddenly feel bashful that my siggie pic shows an older woman in the bathtub in the garden in the moonlight... I wonder why that didn't embarrass me last night? Now when I see it, I blush... )

It's okay @CathyTea, we can only see her head. The rest of her is hidden by the flowers. Furthermore, it's not a suggestive pic because it is actually a thing to have a bath outside, so perfectly innocent. :) Also, the dog is looking away, which is very courteous. :)
  • Options
    I need help with 2 things guys.

One: How do i make a gif to put in my signature for the blog? IK how to add a link to an image but i don't know the basics of making the actual image.

Two: I use Blogger for my blog. I have the top-bar thing that has 'shortcuts' to pages. How do i add a page to that bar?

There are some gif making websites out there you can use to string your images together. As for blogger, I don't use it so I'm not sure myself! I use Weebly.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited February 2018
    Well, a running theme in my stories... redheads... :smiley: I'm a natural redhead so you know... mostly because I want to #represent. Kass is a redhead in her story series, Rachel Colt in Colt Family Traitacy, Cora Mae in Darkness May Dream, Ruby in From Riverview With Love and My Life With Criminals, and of course, my Simself. My favorite trope would probably be the fiery redhead. Haha. Plus redhaired Sims, in my opinion, are gorgeous.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

That's ok, @CathyTea, something super awkward happened in my Simself story, and I seriously debated not including it... and rewrote it a few times, but decided since it was an ISBI, I had to be true to the story. And I've written far more blush worthy content in KCLKF, KFLL, I&S, FRWL, and DMD. :blush:

It's okay @CathyTea, we can only see her head. The rest of her is hidden by the flowers. Furthermore, it's not a suggestive pic because it is actually a thing to have a bath outside, so perfectly innocent. :) Also, the dog is looking away, which is very courteous. :)

And I agree with @simscognito. Cog said it much better than I could think of in a faster amount of time. It's whimsy in my opinion.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    yeah but unlike joseph lizzy won't go home and scream i have to pee.

You do realize I will have complete control over your sim selfie in my game (and story). Endless opportunities to make your sim selfie have bladder control issues. Do we want to go there? :grimace:

tumblr_n2w22lBVgV1twsmgro1_500.gif

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    i think jes or cathtea once said that no matter what the benders go through they stick together.
  • Options

You do realize I will have complete control over your sim selfie in my game (and story). Endless opportunities to make your sim selfie have bladder control issues. Do we want to go there? :grimace:

That sounds ominous. :#

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

*Cog whispers yes* .... what???? I didn't say anything. o:)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Well, a running theme in my stories... redheads... :smiley: I'm a natural redhead so you know... mostly because I want to #represent. Kass is a redhead in her story series, Rachel Colt in Colt Family Traitacy, Cora Mae in Darkness May Dream, Ruby in From Riverview With Love and My Life With Criminals, and of course, my Simself. My favorite trope would probably be the fiery redhead. Haha. Plus redhaired Sims, in my opinion, are gorgeous.

@AdamsEve1231 I agree, the fiery redhead trope is cool. I particularly love Merida from Brave. Everything about her is just... AWESOME. XD
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

@AdamsEve1231 I agree, the fiery redhead trope is cool. I particularly love Merida from Brave. Everything about her is just... AWESOME. XD

I have two red heads in Gen 5 of The Swansons-

@CathyTea @simscognito what does "Founding by Royal Blood" trope mean?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

:smiley: Yeah, fiery redhead characters are good! I think the character I mentioned to @simscognito earlier (the one with long hair I'm going to introduce into TIOL) fits this trope.
  • Options

opps i forgot that. i'll be good o:)
  • Options

but i also said i relate to joseph because i have been in that situation.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

I wonder if it will continue that way in my story. My sim selfie chose a redhead. Joseph Jr. is engaged to a redhead. Hope (daughter of my sim selfie) is a redhead. And I have to add that one of the four sim selfie women for Generation 3's heir is a redhead. Now if he chooses her is not up to me. But if not, we still have Hope (pun intended) and/or Joseph Jr. (his fiance @MadameLee is a redhead) to continue a redhead lineage.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Hello Simmers, I'm excited. I came across an EA Origin gift card I completely forgot I had, and used it to purchase the Get Together expansion on sale right now. My <3 is happy! Okay, just thought I'd share.

Anyone have any favorite things from the GT expansion?

OH, yay! It's so fun! It's the one with Windenburg, right? If so, Windenburg is AWESOME! It's the best.

Clubs can be useful in ISBIs, if you set things like skilling or homework for the activities.

I've also seen people use clubs for finding friends or lovers. That's cool!

I really adore the Windenburg premades, too, especially Jacques Villareal. (And Hugo and, especially, Lucas! I've actually got a Lucas fanclub in my mind because he's so awesome in my Dogacy! :) )

But mostly it's just Windenburg, which is so big, so beautiful, and has so many lovely outdoor spaces! Almost gives a TS3 feel, since the neighborhoods are HUGE, so the Sims can take big long walks! :)

I second the love of Lucas. Windenburg really did step it up with the pre-mades. (I just looked him up in your story and he looks really good with a beard! I also love that you made him a painter; he's a musician in my story.) His genetics are awesome, too; his kids in my game came out adorable. So you have that to look forward to.

That might be a fun question one of these days-pick a premade and see what their descendants look like in other people's games. I'd be genuinely curious to see how similar or different they come out.

I actually keep having this idea to do a Pre-made story, but a Generation after the current lot. Give some couples kids or age up ones they have, shack up some pre-mades together and give them kids and call it "Pre-Mades: The Next Generation." And then I realise that I have too many ideas going on at once and shelf it for the thousandth time...
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    I'm a fan of @DreamsInPixels Gunther Goth in Dusk to Dawn. #SimSquish

@Munterbacon's Shaela is gorgeous. And so is Charlotte in @Dancer-freak's Blakesley Legacy.

@simscognito I love Merida too. And Anna in Frozen... I swear she's me in so many ways.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm a fan of @DreamsInPixels Gunther Goth in Dusk to Dawn. #SimSquish

@Munterbacon's Shaela is gorgeous. And so is Charlotte in @Dancer-freak's Blakesley Legacy.

@simscognito I love Merida too. And Anna in Frozen... I swear she's me in so many ways.

Are we forgetting Ariel and Giselle? Cinderella is half a red head (strawberry blonde)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    my sim is not able to find the singer job listed anywhere
  • Options
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    my sim is not able to find the singer job listed anywhere

singer isn't a career in Sims 4.. it's a tips things. Unless you mean Entertainment career?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I wonder if it will continue that way in my story. My sim selfie chose a redhead. Joseph Jr. is engaged to a redhead. Hope (daughter of my sim selfie) is a redhead. And I have to add that one of the four sim selfie women for Generation 3's heir is a redhead. Now if he chooses her is not up to me. But if not, we still have Hope (pun intended) and/or Joseph Jr. (his fiance @MadameLee is a redhead) to continue a redhead lineage.

@LegacySims2017 Oh yes, I think I was the rare soul who voted for Hope to be the gen heir. I liked Juju too.

Did you snag my Sim selfie? For future generations? No worries if you didn't. My library is a little wonky. Plus I've made edits to her.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top