Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Hope you're getting better, and feeling back to normal soon. :)

Slowly, but surely getting there.
    Okay, another LASL update... this one with a caveat... haha! The title... for some odd reason, I meant to stop at "How to Go Jogging" and then, I think, in draft, I went through several revisions - "How to Go Jogging to a Guy You're Attracted To" and "How to Go Jogging with a Guy You Like" and "How to Go Jogging in the Early Morning and Survive..." and this somehow became "How to Go Jogging with a Guy..." :p

I'm biased, though. I am NOT a morning person. Lizzie, being lazy, isn't either.

11-13-17_5-57-01c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    ...needless to say... Lizzie goes jogging with @LegacySims2017's Joseph.
    Entry No. 13 How to Go Jogging... with a Guy

Great job on this. :blush:

Thank you. :smiley:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 Hope you're getting better, and feeling back to normal soon. :)

Slowly, but surely getting there.
    Okay, another LASL update... this one with a caveat... haha! The title... for some odd reason, I meant to stop at "How to Go Jogging" and then, I think, in draft, I went through several revisions - "How to Go Jogging to a Guy You're Attracted To" and "How to Go Jogging with a Guy You Like" and "How to Go Jogging in the Early Morning and Survive..." and this somehow became "How to Go Jogging with a Guy..." :p

I'm biased, though. I am NOT a morning person. Lizzie, being lazy, isn't either.

11-13-17_5-57-01c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    ...needless to say... Lizzie goes jogging with @LegacySims2017's Joseph.
    Entry No. 13 How to Go Jogging... with a Guy

Great job on this. :blush:

yeah but unlike joseph lizzy won't go home and scream i have to pee.

:D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @InfraGreen read too much Not Always Right which always censored names of certian places. But I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to have my shrimp my parents suggested Salmon-but I don't want fish, fish seafood. I want other kind of creatures from the sea-preferably shrimp-since I having a really, really,really big craving for them-and since I don't know if we are going to be having expensive Chinese food which has shrimp in some of its dishes from Sam's Kitchen in town on Valentine's Day and since Mom and I aren't going to be going into Toronto on the 16 (which is something we normally do on PA days) and we didn't eat at Red Lobster when we went to see Ross Petty's Production of "A Christmas Carol" in mid December and since we were going to be seeing a movie Coco at about 6ish which meant we at at Tim Horton's instead.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

i am a proud introvert. i talk at work because they pay me too.

Haha. They pay me at my work to talk to... though mostly write, and I found other people to talk for me. The beauty of being a manager... haha! If the job gets done then my boss doesn't mind, so I put together a whole team of people to talk for our weekly meetings or announcements times during services. :D

Wish I could work..but there's nothing avaible for someone like me. Not to mention the risk of loosing benefits
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Haha. They pay me at my work to talk to... though mostly write, and I found other people to talk for me. The beauty of being a manager... haha! If the job gets done then my boss doesn't mind, so I put together a whole team of people to talk for our weekly meetings or announcements times during services. :D

work annoyed me today. this woman i delivered food to tried to rip it out of my hands. even though she was strong i made her let go. theres a reason they pay me to set it down. ocassionally if the food is cool i will let the customer take care of putting it on the table but this food was right from the oven.

time for coffee so i stop whining.

@friendsfan367 I'm sorry you had a annoying day. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. :)

I had an awesome day at work today. We break up the people we serve in groups by board members and staff. We had a successful get to know you luncheon today with two of these groups. I think it's beautiful how involved our board members are. I've never worked with a team that genuinely sets aside their own agenda to truly serve the community and do what's best for everyone. We even had a new couple visit today, who really seemed to fit with our groups. And it's always inspiring to hear people's stories about why they came to our organization and why they stayed.

Yay coffee!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @InfraGreen read too much Not Always Right which always censored names of certian places. But I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to have my shrimp my parents suggested Salmon-but I don't want fish, fish seafood. I want other kind of creatures from the sea-preferably shrimp-since I having a really, really,really big craving for them-and since I don't know if we are going to be having expensive Chinese food which has shrimp in some of its dishes from Sam's Kitchen in town on Valentine's Day and since Mom and I aren't going to be going into Toronto on the 16 (which is something we normally do on PA days) and we didn't eat at Red Lobster when we went to see Ross Petty's Production of "A Christmas Carol" in mid December and since we were going to be seeing a movie Coco at about 6ish which meant we at at Tim Horton's instead.

Thanks for the clarification. :) With Not Always Right, it's a much more public and visited site where someone's job could easily be in jeopardy if they reveal too much about where they work. It's just not the case here though.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification. :) With Not Always Right, it's a much more public and visited site where someone's job could easily be in jeopardy if they reveal too much about where they work. It's just not the case here though.

this is the recipie I want to make: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a51270/best-garlic-butter-shrimp-pasta-recipe/ (a 2nd choice will be Crab Alfredo) but my parents suggest Salmon Alfredo but I don't really want fish, fish. I want Shrimp only because I have a really big craving for them.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Wish I could work..but there's nothing avaible for someone like me. Not to mention the risk of loosing benefits

@MadameLee :/

I have friends in your situation... as is my brother in law... maybe not exactly the same, but similar. Hugs.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea, @elifdapeton, and @friendsfan367 Thanks for your replies. I can't wait to check Windenburg out. I downloaded it last night and then it glitched so I loaded up TS3 instead. Hope to do so tonight after the Superbowl. (Not like I care much about the teams... but it's a family tradition, and I like me some football). :p

Back on point, I love the concept of clubs, which is partly why I purchased this expansion. (And I really wanted Windenburg). I think it'd be fun for Lizzie, my Simself, to join a writing club in the future (since I've already written to the end of Part 1). I kind- of wish there was a counterpart to the social activities club... like an introverts club. Haha.
    introvertsunite.jpg

@AdamsEve1231 hehe that's an awesome poster and a great idea of a club. It might be the only club I'd be able to stick to. :D

Same here! That's my kinda club! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Hey all! Here's another question; What's your favorite trope? Have you ever used this trope in your writing?

I, as I mentioned earlier, enjoy when things aren't how they appear/you'd expect them to be in stories. So I'd say I'm a pretty big fan of the Inverted Trope trope. :D Maybe it's technically not a trope, but it's on the TV Tropes website so I'd say it counts! I'm planning on making good use of this trope in the my third SimLit, or at least trying to... I'll at least do something kind of similar... Yeah. Another more trope-ish trope I'm a fan of is the Five Man Band. I haven't done anything with that lately, but I used to write a lot of stories with that kind of character structure.
  • Options
    Hey all! Here's another question; What's your favorite trope? Have you ever used this trope in your writing?

I, as I mentioned earlier, enjoy when things aren't how they appear/you'd expect them to be in stories. So I'd say I'm a pretty big fan of the Inverted Trope trope. :D Maybe it's technically not a trope, but it's on the TV Tropes website so I'd say it counts! I'm planning on making good use of this trope in the my third SimLit, or at least trying to... I'll at least do something kind of similar... Yeah. Another more trope-ish trope I'm a fan of is the Five Man Band. I haven't done anything with that lately, but I used to write a lot of stories with that kind of character structure.

I don't have any idea what my tropes are @CathyTea @simscognito thoughts?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2018

since atroupe is a group of related things your probably either in the disney heros trope or the disney villans troupe. i know you didn't ask me.
  • Options

Umm... something about bullies, victims, standing up for oneself, the Cinderella syndrome and getting out of it, dream revelations/predictions, kidnapping, and really tall women! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

i don't think the benders count as a troupe .a tribe a sports teamthey definetly have their own ideas.
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member

since atroupe is a group of related things your probably either in the disney heros trope or the disney villans troupe. i know you didn't ask me.

It's trope, not troupe. It refers to a type of story-telling device such as a character type, plot device, or narrative structure. A trope is basically a pattern in storytelling.
    CathyTea wrote: »

Umm... something about bullies, victims, standing up for oneself, the Cinderella syndrome and getting out of it, dream revelations/predictions, kidnapping, and really tall women! :)

Maybe Cinderella Circumstances or Statuesque Stunner would fit with @MadameLee 's story?
  • Options
    I derail this train of thought to bring you this... that was an incredible Superbowl game! I was pleased with the result. Just a football fan psyching out over here. Ok you may now return to your conversations. :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

It's trope, not troupe. It refers to a type of story-telling device such as a character type, plot device, or narrative structure. A trope is basically a pattern in storytelling.

Maybe Cinderella Circumstances or Statuesque Stunner would fit with @MadameLee 's story?

it doesn't matter madam lee rarely listens to me any. so i was stalling til cathtea showed up.
  • Options

I think so! :)

I also think the related Changeling Fantasy and Foundling of Royal Blood apply to @MadameLee 's story. And Action Girl Archetype might also fit, as her women characters are often saving others.

• Options
    Tropes? Great question! I have so many stories so I'm not sure which story you want to hear tropes from.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    i don't know what the benders actually are.whith every rewrite they change things i thought i knew about them.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

I think so! :)

I also think the related Changeling Fantasy and Foundling of Royal Blood apply to @MadameLee 's story. And Action Girl Archetype might also fit, as her women characters are often saving others.

Yeah, I agree with all of these... don't have really much more to add, since I came a bit late to the party :D but I think there's also the tortured hero/heroine too, since some of your characters, @MadameLee, struggle with past traumas.
  • Options
    i don't know what the benders actually are.whith every rewrite they change things i thought i knew about them.

The unpredictable trope? I think that's a thing. :D
  • Options
    Tropes? Great question! I have so many stories so I'm not sure which story you want to hear tropes from.

@AdamsEve1231 Pick any. :) Which one's the most interesting or has the most fun tropes?
  • Options

we know that already.
  • Options

we know that already.

Then why didn't you suggest it? :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top