Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    I think I need help. :# I've started writing a third SimLit and I'm not sure if I want someone to stop me or not! :sweat_smile: I have too many ideas and honestly not enough hands to type them with. I'm still super committed to my existing stories, I just can't stop thinking of more!

@IchigoUsagi strap your hands to your chair! That'll stop you! :D

So what's this one about?

Well, I really enjoy it in stories when a character seems one way, but is actually the opposite. So I decided to take that to the extreme and write something where all the main characters are pretending to be someone they aren't. I initially was going to set it in high school but then I remembered all I know about public high school is a bunch of tropes. So now it's set in a hollywood-type San Myshuno (not that I have much/any experience with show-biz, but I figured others would be less likely to as well) because people tend to make a lot of assumptions about celebrities and they usually have to work pretty hard to hide things. For example, the main main character's an introverted geek acting like a ditzy pop star.

What's this you and @Bugsie2016 are working on?

@IchigoUsagi hehe... I like that you enjoy characters that seem one way, but are actually the opposite.... XD

Anyway, ooh this sounds fun. That is true, people think that what they read in the tabloids is actually true. XD
    Awesome. Would be interested in this. XD

Hmm as to what @Bugsie2016 and I are up to???? It's a mystery *Wavy effects and mysterious music plays - lets add some smoky effects in there too* XD

:smiley: Yeah, I think it'll be really fun to write! I've already started on the first chapter and so far it's been enjoyable. I definitely need to have a few reporter side-characters to make life hard for the mains.

And awww, I guess I'll just have to wait for the big reveal, then. :D

Hehe, those awful reporters! XD Yep, make celebs life difficult. Always fun. Just as long as you don't crash any ships I like, it's all good. :blush:
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I think I need help. :# I've started writing a third SimLit and I'm not sure if I want someone to stop me or not! :sweat_smile: I have too many ideas and honestly not enough hands to type them with. I'm still super committed to my existing stories, I just can't stop thinking of more!

Well, I really enjoy it in stories when a character seems one way, but is actually the opposite. So I decided to take that to the extreme and write something where all the main characters are pretending to be someone they aren't. I initially was going to set it in high school but then I remembered all I know about public high school is a bunch of tropes. So now it's set in a hollywood-type San Myshuno (not that I have much/any experience with show-biz, but I figured others would be less likely to as well) because people tend to make a lot of assumptions about celebrities and they usually have to work pretty hard to hide things. For example, the main main character's an introverted geek acting like a ditzy pop star.

@IchigoUsagi hehe... I like that you enjoy characters that seem one way, but are actually the opposite.... XD

Anyway, ooh this sounds fun. That is true, people think that what they read in the tabloids is actually true. XD

Hmm as to what @Bugsie2016 and I are up to???? It's a mystery *Wavy effects and mysterious music plays - lets add some smoky effects in there too* XD

:smiley: Yeah, I think it'll be really fun to write! I've already started on the first chapter and so far it's been enjoyable. I definitely need to have a few reporter side-characters to make life hard for the mains.

Yup, you'll have to wait! B)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @IchigoUsagi well depending on whom you're in high school. Acting like you're someone else is high school sort of. Well that's the theme of Greens' books: Looking for Alaska, Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns at least. "about the mask we wear for different folks"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @IchigoUsagi well depending on whom you're in high school. Acting like you're someone else is high school sort of. Well that's the theme of Greens' books: Looking for Alaska, Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns at least. "about the mask we wear for different folks"

Yeah, I think the concept does fit well with high school- but I've never been to a stereotypical public high school (I've been to a couple small private ones, however) so I don't think I'd be able to write high school well. Especially when so many people who have been to public high schools would be able to pick up on the inconsistencies.

Yeah, I think the concept does fit well with high school- but I've never been to a stereotypical public high school (I've been to a couple small private ones, however) so I don't think I'd be able to write high school well. Especially when so many people who have been to public high schools would be able to pick up on the inconsistencies.

I read a non-fiction book twice in high school called "Queen Bees and Wannabees" boy was it a lifesaver for me in Gr.12. There was someone in my drama class who had the attitude of a Queenbee and she and her "2nd" (they';re the only Mean Girls at the school as far as I was aware) were always trying to be nice to me but I knew something was up. Turns out they're trying to set me up for some kind of Prom prank of some kind fortunately it never happened because they blabbed the plot on FB and people who were friends on FB with them went and told a vice principal and she dealt with it-they still were able to go to the prom though. Mom (who is the one who told me being a supply teacher because the VP told her)-believes that the 2 girls and the boy involved should not been allowed to go to prom.\

Canadian high school-well at least for me (Ontario-don't know about other provinces) is different then American high schools. At my high school we had only four classes a day (I think it was four classes-since school started at 9am and ended up 3:05) and they're always the same class. a travel&Tourism class, Drama Class, lunch, Ancient history 2, and I forgot what my first/home room and fourth class were in Gr. 12.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    IT'S BACK!

Episode 4 of season 4 of MURDER VALLEY SIMS is UP!

Go read/comment/like/feedback!

https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @MadameLee yes yes yes on all those HP points. I have felt frustrated with all of that. xD
    The twins walking through the gryffindor common room together. and than MEETING harry and ron in the main hall like they couldn't just walk down together. Like... if you're going to change their house for the movie. at least change how they get there to!

upOrZ8S.png
    Shadami wrote: »
    I can't help you not write more @IchigoUsagi . I just started with 0 a couple weeks ago . and now i have what... 6? xD

I fear I'm steadily approaching that number! :D Hopefully I'll be able to restrain myself.

Sorry. I was wrong. i'm at 7 already xD
    @IchigoUsagi try to stop before you pass what you can handle? xD i have no tips on how to do that though.
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member

Hehe, those awful reporters! XD Yep, make celebs life difficult. Always fun. Just as long as you don't crash any ships I like, it's all good. :blush:

Crashing ships is half the fun of being a nuisance reporter!
    Park wrote: »

Crashing ships is half the fun of being a nuisance reporter!

@Park Nooooo don't encourage her!!!!! :D
    Who is a nuisance reporter? :D
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Haven't actually played Sims in so long, I'm fiiiiiinally getting back into the Star household. Have some fun stuff planned for Gen 2 >:)
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Haven't actually played Sims in so long, I'm fiiiiiinally getting back into the Star household. Have some fun stuff planned for Gen 2 >:)

Awesome. I'm really enjoying your style of storytelling @Rockannie. It's so addictive and fun. :)
    @Shadami actually one of the twins was in Gryffindor it just the other one wasn't. I believe the twin was in Luna's house? Also why did the movies have to colour-code the houses with ties,etc? Since in book 2 Harry and Ron in
    disguised as Crabbe and Goyle
    mistook a Ravenclaw for a Slytherin student. But it's no wonder that most of the movies was more (and I'm quoting a guy vlogger) "Harry and Hermione who sometimes let their good friend Ron tag along sometimes" due to the script writer for most of the movies was Steve Kloves who was an H/Hr shipper
    6adMCGP.gif

The reporters in @IchigoUsagi's new story that she's planning to write about celebrities pretending to be something they're not... well something like that at least. XD
    Don't you get annoyed when you're craving a some kind of meat which you assume you don't have to make a dish and you only want that meat for the dish and you want it and no replacement.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    During my downtime being sick, I was thinking of another story....supernatural-ish. I was looking at Brindleton Bay as the main scenario. Move away from it based around Cats & Dogs.

I was excited with the Lighthouse until I found out you can visit it, but not really do anything with it. The Lighthouse would be something fun to play with. Bad EA for not allowing it to be a piece of land (aka Lot) to build/play with. I'm going to make it work, though. Even if I have to fake it. A lot of planning still going on for this.

And of course, I need to continue my #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition (Juju's wedding is almost upon us).
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @LegacySims2017 you mean besides woohoo in it?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member

The reporters in @IchigoUsagi's new story that she's planning to write about celebrities pretending to be something they're not... well something like that at least. XD

Yup, that's right! They'll definitely be a big nuisance! Not sure yet about how many (if any) ships they'll sink, though. :D

Yup, that's right! They'll definitely be a big nuisance! Not sure yet about how many (if any) ships they'll sink, though. :D

@IchigoUsagi Do. Not. Sink. My. Ships. I am very fragile right now thanks to @pammiechick and @Bugsie2016 . *shiver* *sneeze*

I didn't know you could WooHoo in it. :grimace:
    I only had one sim and noticed you could visit upstairs which is a really nice view from the top of the Lighthouse. I was hoping to also be able to hang out inside...yeah, to maybe be a little romantic! :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

I didn't know you could WooHoo in it. :grimace:
    I only had one sim and noticed you could visit upstairs which is a really nice view from the top of the Lighthouse. I was hoping to also be able to hang out inside...yeah, to maybe be a little romantic! :lol:

@LegacySims2017 What?? You didn't know you could woohoo in it??? That was the first thing I tried with Henry and Ale.... wait what??? *shhhh*
    I want to make (Shrimp Garlic butter Pasta dish) since I'm craving something with shrimp and since I'm afraid we wouldn't be having (Chinese restaurant) on Valentine's Day- and since Mom and I didn't eat at ( colour seafood) restaurant when we went to see (Person's productions) and (movie afterwards about Day of the Dead)...I'm desperately craving something with shrimp. And I don't want to replace shrimp with anything else.. I want shrimp only
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry i needed that work changed my hours.AGAIN.
    @LegacySims2017 What?? You didn't know you could woohoo in it??? That was the first thing I tried with Henry and Ale.... wait what??? *shhhh*

Now you two got me curious, so I sent @Simslover163 and Hope to go check it out. :grimace:
    And see it's just like the rocketship.
    I want to see the bed and maybe candles. They can still hide under the covers, though. Some things need to remain private. :grimace:
    I think I'll fake an interior on another part of the Bay, but make it look like part of the Lighthouse when it comes to storytelling.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top