Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Hey all! Here's another question; What's your favorite trope? Have you ever used this trope in your writing?

NICE!!!

I love destroying Tropes by doing the complete opposite. In a lot of stories which involve Elves, they're woodland creatures, noble and good and this is one of my most favourite ones to break.

I've got Elves in Ironbound... Sort of. Except they're not Woodland creatures and they're most definitely not noble or good, they're pirates. That's right, they roam the seas/stars and take what they want. They're also superstitious of forests and if their captain ordered them to find wood for repairs, they would skirt the edge first looking for fallen logs/trees before even thinking about venturing inside.

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Has anyone watched Star Trek Discovery? I'm a huge fan of Tilly, especially Mirror Universe.

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/0*5hBGCb90zLIT05H7.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    my sim is not able to find the singer job listed anywhere

singer isn't a career in Sims 4.. it's a tips things. Unless you mean Entertainment career?

i think she plays sims3.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member

singer isn't a career in Sims 4.. it's a tips things. Unless you mean Entertainment career?

i think she plays sims3.

sorry confusion sims 3 singer career
  • Options

i think she plays sims3.

i wan't confused. just keep checking the map.maybe you'll get lucky.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I am a fan of inverted tropes also, and breaking tropes, though I'm not sure I do it in my writing. Some of my favorite pieces of stories mess with or invert tropes.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member

i think she plays sims3.

i wan't confused. just keep checking the map.maybe you'll get lucky.

not showing up on pc or newspaper ingame
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I guess I use a lot of inverted tropes then Dude in Distress (Action Girls because they're the ones doing the saving-of course it's sometimes girls saving girl as in the case for Leah Haas and Sara Wendy Grant when Selene was a bit tied up).

@simscognito Sara Wendy were named for characters of Sara from The Little Princess and Wendy Darling from Peter Pan.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I should've added an example. Haha. The two that come to mind are Shrek and Mega Mind, since I recently rewatched them. I'm not sure where inverted tropes show up in my SimLit.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I should've added an example. Haha. The two that come to mind are Shrek and Mega Mind, since I recently rewatvhef them.

red heads Ariel? And she's one of the early feisty red head.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I should've added an example. Haha. The two that come to mind are Shrek and Mega Mind, since I recently rewatvhef them.

adamandeve canyou try and help becky with her singer issue. i would but its almost 9 and i need dinner.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @MadameLee Oh yeah, I like Ariel.

What about Anastasia? Non Disney of course.

Fiona in Shrek. :)

As for more inverted tropes, I'm a fan of Gregory MacGuire's Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister and Wicked.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

adamandeve canyou try and help becky with her singer issue. i would but its almost 9 and i need dinner.

What are you asking, @friendsfan367?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2018

she having a issue with the singing career but i can't figure out what. its posted above.sorry i wasn't clear hunger caused that.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Oh yes, I think I was the rare soul who voted for Hope to be the gen heir. I liked Juju too.

Did you snag my Sim selfie? For future generations? No worries if you didn't. My library is a little wonky. Plus I've made edits to her.

I voted for Hope, too. :grimace:
    I most likely did. But I can always check for updates. I'll be happy to fit you into Gen 5. Gen 3 I already have the four female sim selfies picked out: @friendsfan367 , @SoulGal7 , @EuphorialQueen , and @Karilan . Gen 4 is the boys turn. I have @simscognito , @Munterbacon , and 2 SimGuru sim selfies plugged.

There are a lot of female sim selfies in this SimLit group. Not so much of the guys. But I have quite a bit of sim selfie dudes from the forums in general. Maybe once they are tagged and visit us over here, they'll stay and become a part of our group.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 Oh yes, I think I was the rare soul who voted for Hope to be the gen heir. I liked Juju too.

Did you snag my Sim selfie? For future generations? No worries if you didn't. My library is a little wonky. Plus I've made edits to her.

I most likely did. But I can always check for updates. I'll be happy to fit you into Gen 5. Gen 3 I already have the four female sim selfies picked out: @friendsfan367 , @SoulGal7 , @EuphorialQueen , and @Karilan . Gen 4 is the boys turn. I have @simscognito , @Munterbacon , and 2 SimGuru sim selfies plugged.

There are a lot of female sim selfies in this SimLit group. Not so much of the guys. But I have quite a bit of sim selfie dudes from the forums in general. Maybe once they are tagged and visit us over here, they'll stay and become a part of our group.

is simcognito a boy. not being smart sis and iwere talking about it yesterday because avis make it unclear whos what.
  • Options

is simcognito a boy. not being smart sis and iwere talking about it yesterday because avis make it unclear whos what.

no sims's a girl since Gen 4 heir is a boy.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I'll upload my updated Simself and let you know, @LegacySims2017. No worries. I can be patient. I can check with my brother in law. He has a Simself in TS4, but he doesn't have the game. He plays on mine. And he's fairly private... like he's not active in the forums or story writing, but he might be ok if I share through my account... if you're cool with that.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

@simscognito will be manly for Gen 4, yes. It was discussed between us already. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

Gen 3 heir is male (currently Angel....but he could have a brother). Gen 4 heir is female.

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

@simscognito will be manly for Gen 4, yes. It was discussed between us already. :)

so boy. ironically hes usually here now. i know because bugsie is asleep and we plot things to do to her. i know bugsieis a girl.
  • Options

Gen 3 heir is male (currently Angel....but he could have a brother). Gen 4 heir is female.

I mean whichever gen @simscognito has to get sweaty for the heir?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    On the subject of inverted tropes, does anyone think they're any instances where it's overdone?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I need to look up tropes before I can answer ^^;;
  • Options
    I'll upload my updated Simself and let you know, @LegacySims2017. No worries. I can be patient. I can check with my brother in law. He has a Simself in TS4, but he doesn't have the game. He plays on mine. And he's fairly private... like he's not active in the forums or story writing, but he might be ok if I share through my account... if you're cool with that.

I link to profiles on the forums, so he would have to be okay with me linking to it. I see it as free advertising for members. :grimace:
    Again, I do have enough males, but would be happy to include him if he's okay me linking to his forum profile. I can download the sim from anywhere (such as your gallery page).
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top