Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Sims 4 better than Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, and nothing is better than The Sims 2. :)
    Sims 3 is.
    (sorry, couldn't resist :p ; no, it isn't, it's not a competition, just a matter of preference)

I'd probably agree with you if it hadn't been coded by complete amateurs who had absolutely no idea what they were doing and if TS3 had more decent, thought out content and EPs.

The moment you start a save in TS3 is the moment the countdown begins until it bugs out completely. Not to mention the amount of band-aids you gotta throw on it (mods to ensure the game will even play correctly) is overwhelming.

TS4 is no different -- culling defeats the purpose of the widely played game style (generational play), sandbox is replaced by RPG/linear goals, the world has been downgraded worse than TS1 with predefined lots and absolutely no control of the player, content has been cut, the graphics could have been better, loading screens, etc. etc.

Therefore, TS2 is the winner in my book for getting every single thing right the first time, never straying from the original concept of the game, and just providing a decent game worth every buck paid.
    I immediately believe you when you say Sims 2 wasn't buggy and I'm looking forward to experiencing that myself. On the other hand, I have played for generations in a row in one modless save in Sims 3. All that happened was that the game got slow (well, saving started to take ages), so at the moment I prefer starting a new one when I start a new generation, just to avoid problems (and I like moving to other worlds).

But it's true, Sims 3 is absolutely buggy. It also depends where you play I discovered, Bridgeport became unplayable after 15 simsdays in a way I never experienced before (which is why I'm grateful for being convinced into installing Overwatch and ErrorTrap, so far it helps). But to be honest: I prefer this buggy game that gives me so much pleasure over a smooth bugless game that bores me. I'm not a gamer and I'm also very lazy. I never finish a book if it doesn't conquer me within 30 pages. I'll throw in my favourite gif again, me playing Sims 3:

Legolas_zpseqaoqfup.gif

No matter what happens, no matter what annoying glitch or bug tries to stop me, I want to reach that other bank. Because it's so much fun.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    So very very very much this. I really find it disturbing people claim 'at least the sims look better' because they so do not. They look weird and like you say all alike.

That's funny because most sims from sims 3 looked weird to me. Your opinion is not fact.

simmi.png

It's kinda funny how all the Sims excluding the one from Sims 3 look like they have some form of an expression on their face, and the Sim from the Sims 3 is just gazing off into outer space XD.
    Yeah, the person who created this montage clearly wasn't Sims 3 friendly ;) Or did you really think sims in 3 don't have facial expressions?

3060387_orig.png

No, they do but sometimes they got weird. Like when my sims toddlers diaper needed changing she would have that face on for literally hours lol even when she wasn't near him anymore.
    I have a glitch in TS2 where the sim's facial expression gets stuck on them even after it's supposed to go away. Imagine being slapped with a wide smile lmao.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2015
    xBob18 wrote: »
    So very very very much this. I really find it disturbing people claim 'at least the sims look better' because they so do not. They look weird and like you say all alike.

That's funny because most sims from sims 3 looked weird to me. Your opinion is not fact.

simmi.png

It's kinda funny how all the Sims excluding the one from Sims 3 look like they have some form of an expression on their face, and the Sim from the Sims 3 is just gazing off into outer space XD.
    Yeah, the person who created this montage clearly wasn't Sims 3 friendly ;) Or did you really think sims in 3 don't have facial expressions?

3060387_orig.png

No, they do but sometimes they got weird. Like when my sims toddlers diaper needed changing she would have that face on for literally hours lol even when she wasn't near him anymore.
    I have a glitch in TS2 where the sim's facial expression gets stuck on them even after it's supposed to go away. Imagine being slapped with a wide smile lmao.

LOL thats so funny I've never seen that. When my sims in 2 read or do research for college their mouthes are open really wide as if they are surprised at what they are reading lmao. Idk why they do that.

Like, imagine them looking like this but reading, and looking at each other and around the room lolol

hqdefault.jpg
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »

simmi.png

3060387_orig.png

LOL thats so funny I've never seen that. When my sims in 2 read or do research for college their mouthes are open really wide as if they are surprised at what they are reading lmao. Idk why they do that.

Like, imagine them looking like this but reading, and looking at each other and around the room lolol

hqdefault.jpg
    Me too!! I wonder what that book contains for them to be this surprised.. maybe they're reading Fifty Shades Of Gray?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2015

simmi.png

3060387_orig.png

I know what face you mean lol.

edit:
    The one from Sims 3 with some form of an expression:

Bella_S1-4b_zpsa4bmgfzs.png

Edit: and TS4 Bella the way she looks in the game:

Bella%201-4_klein_zpsva6tozm5.png
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @JoAnne65, Unfortunately I don't have proof of owning all the Sims 2 games. I didn't start playing online until I bought TS3. As the saying goes, keep moving forward.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2015
    Compared to the Sims 3, well the culling feature will delete your Sims after it reaches 180 Sims. The worlds are smaller than the Sims 2 and 3. There are only a few NPCs. No carpools, dishwashers, food processors, real house phones, newspapers, and no terrain or water tools. Lots can't be placeable and just expect the Sims 1 worlds for the Sims 4. You can't edit them or anything. The Sims aren't that smart and emotions are broken. Sims also don't react hardly at all to death. Considering that developers had 5 years to work on the Sims 3 compared to the 2 years they worked on the Sims 4 because of the online to offline switch, you'd probably see a lot of content + gameplay features removed. Plus the budget got moved to another game called Titanfall so you notice financial cutbacks are done as well. So the Sims 4 I guess can be pretty to look at like an easter egg, but once you look inside, it has no egg. Basically pretty game, but gameplay and core mechanics stinks compared to the other three Sims games. It plays like a side game, so if you get it, I wouldn't recommend paying more than $30 for it. The base game just doesn't compare at all to the Sims 1, 2, or 3 base games. When people say the game is different they mean it. Don't expect it to feel like a Sims game. Every patch brings more and more bugs too and game is focused on adding more gnomes and star wars costumes than actual gameplay features. I never really was a huge Sims 3 fan, but I still think it is better than the Sims 4.

If you want a good closed world style type of game with smart and emotional Sims, I'd recommend the Sims 2. I know the Sims 3 required some mods to run a bit better. But believe me I've had to install a ton more CC and mods just to get the game somewhat bearable. Like the game is horrible if you don't have the no culling mod installed. Plus mods will be needed to fix lighting, fix emotions, fix reactions. The list gets pretty long after awhile.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    *chuckles*
    No.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member

simmi.png

I've been told I get that same expression on my face so I relate to that Sim very well :D
  • Options
    Cristill wrote: »
    @JoAnne65, Unfortunately I don't have proof of owning all the Sims 2 games. I didn't start playing online until I bought TS3. As the saying goes, keep moving forward.
    If they see you were a faithful customer during TS3, they'll probably give it to you.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2015
    Yes, The Sims 4 is better than The Sims 3 because :

- No Error 12 when you try to save
    - No Memory overloaded
    - No routing issue
    - No slow moving with door, stairs and platform

All the issues which ruin the gameplay are gone.

The Sims 4 is also better than The Sims 3 because :

- CAS: Advanced body adjustment
    - CAS: No clothing category, your sim is free to wear a swimwear as a formal wear
    - CAS: All hat for all hair
    - Build mode: Advanced tools
    - World: multiple main world
    - Live mode: Multitask

But the gameplay in Live mode is same between TS4 and TS3.

The Sims 4 isn't better than The Sims 3 because :

- CAS/Buy mode: No Create-A-Style
    - World: no custom world
    - World: no customization (adding empty lots, adding decorative objects, ...)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    At least TS3 base game was complete, that's all I have to say... :)
    completely boring. :p
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    I never fully played The Sims 3 as it was very glitchy for me. I stayed playing The Sims 2 till 4 came out!

Nothing will ever beat TS2 in my opinion however I do love The Sims 4 and would rate it 8.5/10
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It would be hard to top TS3 when your developers are taken from mobile games, and then go on to claim things present in TS2 are now too hard and expensive to do with TS4.

tumblr_lk6f20Lrye1qzbl7f.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    It would be hard to top TS3 when your developers are taken from mobile games, and then go on to claim things present in TS2 are now too hard and expensive to do with TS4.

tumblr_lk6f20Lrye1qzbl7f.gif
    omg shanaynay

oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

I agree. I played it for maybe a week and then went back to TS2 for two years before TS3 could hold my attention somewhat.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    That may be true, but you can't deny that it was more complete (base game wise) than 4 is.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Sims 4 + 1 EP is better than Sims 3 + 1 EP
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Mafe5125Mafe5125 Posts: 294 Member
    I absolutely loved the Sims 2. :-) Sadly, my mom stopped allowing me to buy expansion packs and I only needed a few more for my collection to be complete. :-( Anyway, back to the topic. I enjoyed the Sims 3 at first, but the sims just seemed kinda robotic to me. I don't know, maybe that's just me. I've really been enjoying the Sims 4 so far and it sort of has a Sims 2 feel to it, so I really like that.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Mafe5125 wrote: »
    I absolutely loved the Sims 2. :-) Sadly, my mom stopped allowing me to buy expansion packs and I only needed a few more for my collection to be complete. :-( Anyway, back to the topic. I enjoyed the Sims 3 at first, but the sims just seemed kinda robotic to me. I don't know, maybe that's just me. I've really been enjoying the Sims 4 so far and it sort of has a Sims 2 feel to it, so I really like that.

It's not just you. The Sims in TS3 are very robotic. TS4 sims are much better than them
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    alwslaughinggirlalwslaughinggirl Posts: 244 Member
    Sims 4 is great. Of course it isn't as "full" as Sims 3 due to the lack of expansions yet, but 3 truly lags, has crazy load times, and just isn't as smooth of a game as 4. I think 4 has better Sims themselves. I always felt that in 3, most of the Sims looked the same. Also, if you liked Sims 2, you will most likely enjoy 4 even more than 3.
    I've been playing since TS1. My favorite games are TS2 and TS4.
    Origin ID- manda102784 <3
  • Options
    AshleySiobhanAshleySiobhan Posts: 3 New Member
    I love them both. The Sims 3 has so much more to do right now (obviously since it has all expansion packs) but the Sims 4 feels more in depth. I switch back and forth between Sims 3 and 4. I would say to try it out since it is a good game. The Get To Work expansion is really fun as well with lots to do. :smiley:
  • Options
    alwslaughinggirlalwslaughinggirl Posts: 244 Member
    To be quite honest I'd say, in my opinion, that Sims 3 is the weakest game in the franchise. The worlds look beautiful, and having the full load of expansion and stuff packs, all of the objects and things to do are great. BUT, like I said, the Sims feel empty to me, and it's the one game in the series where you can't really do rotational gameplay, so having those huge worlds seem pointless to me.
    I've been playing since TS1. My favorite games are TS2 and TS4.
    Origin ID- manda102784 <3
  • Options
    Mafe5125 wrote: »

It's not just you. The Sims in TS3 are very robotic. TS4 sims are much better than them
    They are just as robotic.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Mafe5125Mafe5125 Posts: 294 Member
    > @halimali1980 said:
    > Mafe5125 wrote: »
    >
    > I absolutely loved the Sims 2. :-) Sadly, my mom stopped allowing me to buy expansion packs and I only needed a few more for my collection to be complete. :-( Anyway, back to the topic. I enjoyed the Sims 3 at first, but the sims just seemed kinda robotic to me. I don't know, maybe that's just me. I've really been enjoying the Sims 4 so far and it sort of has a Sims 2 feel to it, so I really like that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not just you. The Sims in TS3 are very robotic. TS4 sims are much better than them

Good to know I'm not alone on this. But many simmers have different experiences with the game and a lot feel that the Sims 3 sims showed lots of emotions. Not in my case. :-P