Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Sims 4 better than Sims 3

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    @LaAbby not today.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »
    @LaAbby not today.

Evil!! That's why you're in jail :p
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    At least TS3 base game was complete, that's all I have to say... :)
    completely boring. :p
    That may be true, but you can't deny that it was more complete (base game wise) than 4 is.
    I think it comes down to what you really care about when playing a game. I do not care about the dishwasher, but I loved the food processor. I don't care about pools although I can see why it's important to have one. I DO care about having toddlers. Very much so. I'd still choose sims4 over sims 3 base because I like how animated my sims are. They look so much better than in sims 3. I truly truly enjoy the sims in 4 better. They have so much more fun to me. In sims 2 they didn't have much in the base but I enjoyed the sims themselves. They were so animated. At the venues there wasn't much to do but how they were with the other sims were awesome. (ok they do need to work on some of the emotions in 4..)

I understand you point of view too. All the previous sims had certain things that was not added to sims4. But what new stuff they did add is awesome "to me" and others. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    That may be true, but you can't deny that it was more complete (base game wise) than 4 is.
    I think it comes down to what you really care about when playing a game. I do not care about the dishwasher, but I loved the food processor. I don't care about pools although I can see why it's important to have one. I DO care about having toddlers. Very much so. I'd still choose sims4 over sims 3 base because I like how animated my sims are. They look so much better than in sims 3. I truly truly enjoy the sims in 4 better. They have so much more fun to me. In sims 2 they didn't have much in the base but I enjoyed the sims themselves. They were so animated. At the venues there wasn't much to do but how they were with the other sims were awesome. (ok they do need to work on some of the emotions in 4..)

I understand you point of view too. All the previous sims had certain things that was not added to sims4. But what new stuff they did add is awesome "to me" and others. :)
    I don't think animations in itself make a game complete. Sims in 3 are well animated as well by the way, just not as extravagantly. So that comes down to a matter of taste really.
    The reason people don't consider Sims 4 complete is different though. There are some major gaps in this game. Small disconnected worlds, a life stage gone, culling sims, shallow gameplay. I see a lot of people who do like the sims and do like the animations and don't miss CASt and open world still considering the game boring.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I don't think animations in itself make a game complete. Sims in 3 are well animated as well by the way, just not as extravagantly. So that comes down to a matter of taste really.
    The reason people don't consider Sims 4 complete is different though. There are some major gaps in this game. Small disconnected worlds, a life stage gone, culling sims, shallow gameplay. I see a lot of people who do like the sims and do like the animations and don't miss CASt and open world still considering the game boring.

I agree - looks ain't everything as they say...

--T
  • Options
    AtticusAtticus Posts: 86 Member
    I think it's worth having both to be honest. I get bored of one then I play the other.
  • Options
    falcon500falcon500 Posts: 9 New Member
    Sims 3 isn't perfect but is more fun than 4. I bought 4 when it was first released and only had Sims 3 base game at that time. So the comparison was fair. 4 is very linear and inflexible. The 4 CAS has some good aspects like the ability mould body shape. For me the sims in 4 look plastic, black bars for eyelashes and dodgy make up. In game the poses, expression and animations are exaggerated very cartoony. Apart from the gameplay what I like most is creating my own sims. In 3 it's possible to make fairly realistic sims based on real people. I gave 4 a fairly good try out for about 3 or 4 months. Back with 3 now. I won't be buying any extras for 4.