Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Sims 4 better than Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    SimsdxSimsdx Posts: 210 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sims 2>Sims 3>Sims 4>Sims 1
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Does it matter? They made them all, so their feelings shouldn't be hurt if I prefer one over the other, right? EA produced all of them so, it shouldn't matter to them I truly enjoyed one more than another. It's still all their money, and they got mine. So, I don't think that would hurt my feeling if I rake in money from one game or another, if I built them all or sponsored them all. I would still be making money. :#

It doesn't matter. :p

But Maxis made all the Sims games; EA only published them.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    At least TS3 base game was complete, that's all I have to say... :)
  • Options
    At least TS3 base game was complete, that's all I have to say... :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No, and nothing is better than The Sims 2. :)

Except the Sims 4.

The Sims 4 beats all. o:)

Does it matter? They made them all, so their feelings shouldn't be hurt if I prefer one over the other, right? EA produced all of them so, it shouldn't matter to them I truly enjoyed one more than another. It's still all their money, and they got mine. So, I don't think that would hurt my feeling if I rake in money from one game or another, if I built them all or sponsored them all. I would still be making money. :#
    He is however of course responding to the OP's question ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    This.

But I'll take TS3 over TS4 any day, even if I had to choose between the base game of 3 and a complete 4
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    xBob18 wrote: »
    This.

But I'll take TS3 over TS4 any day, even if I had to choose between the base game of 3 and a complete 4
    Sorry, but Sims 3 still beats Sims 2 for me in about every respect. I keep repeating it as long as others find it necessary to sanctify Sims 2, because it's the sacrifizing of Sims 3 features that made a disappointment out of 4 and I really think they thought nobody would really care because Sims 2 'had it all'. I appreciate Sims 3 is lacking a crucial charm of Sims 2 for many, but Sims 2 is lacking crucial aspects of Sims 3. I regret this Sims 2 vs Sims 3 atmosphere because it's hindering the quest many of us have in common: convincing them they did a bad (cause shallow) job creating 4. Sims 3 needs more protection imo than Sims 2 when it comes to convincing EA what is needed in this game. It's not about bathing babies and opening and closing car doors, things like that won't save Sims 4. Larger neighborhoods and customization (at least a colour wheel) might.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    This.

Sorry, but Sims 3 still beats Sims 2 for me in about every respect. I keep repeating it as long as others find it necessary to sanctify Sims 2, because it's the sacrifizing of Sims 3 features that made a disappointment out of 4 and I really think they thought nobody would really care because Sims 2 'had it all'. I appreciate Sims 3 is lacking a crucial charm of Sims 2 for many, but Sims 2 is lacking crucial aspects of Sims 3. I regret this Sims 2 vs Sims 3 atmosphere because it's hindering the quest many of us have in common: convincing them they did a bad (cause shallow) job creating 4. Sims 3 needs more protection imo than Sims 2 when it comes to convincing EA what is needed in this game. It's not about bathing babies and opening and closing car doors, things like that won't save Sims 4. Larger neighborhoods and customization (at least a colour wheel) might.
    People remind EA not to do the mistakes they did with Sims 3 that Sims 2 didn't have. Mistakes like slot-popping, the overpriced milking from the store (some features weren't even developed properly!), not taking care of the bugs, same animation for different interactions etc... I want an open world and CASt, but I don't want EA to neglect the overall quality of the game (like they did with 3).
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited May 2015
    The Sims 4, in my opinion, is better than The Sims 3.
    I agree the @Prink34320 that you should do your own research because the games are different so, depending on what you want out of a game, it's only you that can make a decision either way.

I personally can see the evolution from TS3 to TS4, but I'm sure others would disagree and they are entitled to. I ended up despising TS3, and wished I'd jumped from The Sims 2 to The Sims 4, because my TS3 game lagged VERY badly.

Go on YouTube and watch some of those videos to see whether you like it. I love the CAS and Build Mode and, because of the way it runs, I enjoy gameplay more now than I did on the previous game. Of course, I'd love some tweaks to occur here and there, but this game still has time to grow but TS3 had all the time I was willing to throw at it. Therefore, if you are still playing TS3 because you like it, it may be the right game for you but find out for yourself! :)

P.S. The Sims 2 is my favourite game as it stands ;)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2015
    This.

Don't worry. There are other people who love sims 3, too.

I think you need to accept that some people really love and prefer sims 2, just like you prefer sims 3.

For me, sims 1 and sims 2 feel more polished technically than sims3, which does affect gameplay. I'm a rotational player, too, and I love home businesses and restaurants, which sims 3 lack, as well as interests, hobbies, Turn offs/turn ons, and Fears.

Why should sims 3 need protection? If anything, it looks like sims 4 "needs protection", lol, with the constant complaints /critiques about it. (I have a bit of frustation about sims 4, so I sort of dislike it.)

Just like how a few pro-sims 3 people say that sims 4 should stand on its own two feet without "bashing" sims 3, sims 3 needs to stand on its own, too.

For me, I just couldn't connect with sims 3, even with the expansions. To this day, I still don't feel as close to my sims 3 sims as I do with my sims2 and even my sims 1 sims. But I'm one of those while I liked open world and Cast, they were not my favorite things. I'm not a storyteller simmer either.

I'm used to traditional games like action/adventure games like Tomb Raider, and Point-and-Click adventure games, since I was little, so I like my games to have good autnomous Ai, and I love details, so sims 1 and sims2 satisfied me. When I started sims 3, I was disappointed with some things, like less kids interactions, less animations, no bathing babies/toddlers, toddlers can't interact on their own, less animations, no fears, families felt like strangers and don't eat together well, etc.

I wonder if me having game interests outside of just sims games may have influenced my sims game choices?

I even love sims1, though I use money cheat and sometimes refill needs cheats once in a while.

It wasn't until I got Generations AND mods AND some store items that sims 3 felt much better. Note: I never had to mod sims 1 and sims2, so I was really, really freakin' annoyed with that part. Still, I still wanted my well done Open for Business home business and restaruant stuff, and sims3 still wouldn't give that to me. And the programmimg and technical issues? Shoot, my Skyrim (on medium) that is modded and has CC, and even Dragon Age: Inquistion still runs better than sims 3 to this day, lol....

As a traditonal gamer who likes some challenges and details in gameplay, sims 2, and even sims 1, satisfies me the most.

For the sims 3 vs sims 4: meh. I've played both last week, and I'm bored with both. (I went back to sims 2 and sims 1. I love restaurants that much, lol. And sims 2 babies were too cute, plus I can have home businesses in sims, and vacations. Sims 1 has restaurants and SuperStar and Makin' Magic, etc...)

For me, it depends on what aspects we're talking about, and if we include mod or not. With mods AND Generations expansion packs, then I would choose Sims 3. Base game without mods? Err....Sims 4, maybe? Or maybe neither one, and stick to sims 1 and sims2.

Both sims4 and sims 3 needed mods for my playstyle. With Sims 1 and sims 2, I never used mods (until recently, when I found out about the corrupt deleting sims issue, but even then, just needed a few little mods, not 15-20 like with sims 3, lol.).

So, without mods, I would not have chosen either one. With nraas mods AND maybe Generations, Sims 3. With base game? Ooh, tough one. I hated rabbitholes, but I liked open world and Cas/CASt, so maybe sims 3? Maybe...but I got bored of sims3 base in the past and didn't touch sims3 again until Island Paradise, so.....maybe sims 4? *shrugs* I get bored with both. Sims2 and Sims1 don't bore me, for whatever reason?
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    Thanks for your response. @JasonAnthonySterling, @joAnne65, @Cinebar, @Colton147147, @Simsdx, @Astro, @Bob18, @HCSau, and @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸. I hope that I didn't forget anyone. There are so many opinions. I guess that I'll just bite the bullet. If I don't like it I can always go back to S3. I did like S2, but I sold all my games in a yard sale, then I bought S3. I'm so mad at myself.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    This.

Don't worry. There are other people who love sims 3, too.

I think you need to accept that some people really love and prefer sims 2, just like you prefer sims 3.

For me, sims 1 and sims 2 feel more polished technically than sims3, which does affect gameplay. I'm a rotational player, too, and I love home businesses and restaurants, which sims 3 lack, as well as interests, hobbies, Turn offs/turn ons, and Fears.

Why should sims 3 need protection? If anything, it looks like sims 4 "needs protection", lol, with the constant complaints /critiques about it. (I have a bit of frustation about sims 4, so I sort of dislike it.)

Just like how a few pro-sims 3 people say that sims 4 should stand on its own two feet without "bashing" sims 3, sims 3 needs to stand on its own, too.

For me, I just couldn't connect with sims 3, even with the expansions. To this day, I still don't feel as close to my sims 3 sims as I do with my sims2 and even my sims 1 sims. But I'm one of those while I liked open world and Cast, they were not my favorite things. I'm not a storyteller simmer either.

I'm used to traditional games like action/adventure games like Tomb Raider, and Point-and-Click adventure games, since I was little, so I like my games to have good autnomous Ai, and I love details, so sims 1 and sims2 satisfied me. When I started sims 3, I was disappointed with some things, like less kids interactions, less animations, no bathing babies/toddlers, toddlers can't interact on their own, less animations, no fears, families felt like strangers and don't eat together well, etc.

I wonder if me having game interests outside of just sims games may have influenced my sims game choices?

I even love sims1, though I use money cheat and sometimes refill needs cheats once in a while.

It wasn't until I got Generations AND mods AND some store items that sims 3 felt much better. Note: I never had to mod sims 1 and sims2, so I was really, really freakin' annoyed with that part. Still, I still wanted my well done Open for Business home business and restaruant stuff, and sims3 still wouldn't give that to me. And the programmimg and technical issues? Shoot, my Skyrim (on medium) that is modded and has CC, and even Dragon Age: Inquistion still runs better than sims 3 to this day, lol....

As a traditonal gamer who likes some challenges and details in gameplay, sims 2, and even sims 1, satisfies me the most.

For the sims 3 vs sims 4: meh. I've played both last week, and I'm bored with both. (I went back to sims 2 and sims 1. I love restaurants that much, lol. And sims 2 babies were too cute, plus I can have home businesses in sims, and vacations. Sims 1 has restaurants and SuperStar and Makin' Magic, etc...)

For me, it depends on what aspects we're talking about, and if we include mod or not. With mods AND Generations expansion packs, then I would choose Sims 3. Base game without mods? Err....Sims 4, maybe? Or maybe neither one, and stick to sims 1 and sims2.

Both sims4 and sims 3 needed mods for my playstyle. With Sims 1 and sims 2, I never used mods (until recently, when I found out about the corrupt deleting sims issue, but even then, just needed a few little mods, not 15-20 like with sims 3, lol.).

So, without mods, I would not have chosen either one. With nraas mods AND maybe Generations, Sims 3. With base game? Ooh, tough one. I hated rabbitholes, but I liked open world and Cas/CASt, so maybe sims 3? Maybe...but I got bored of sims3 base in the past and didn't touch sims3 again until Island Paradise, so.....maybe sims 4? *shrugs* I get bored with both. Sims2 and Sims1 don't bore me, for whatever reason?
    It's not that I'm not accepting that people prefer Sims 2 because like you say, that's personal (I accept it because I really don't care, like others don't care I prefer S3 ;)). It's the fact some feel the need to shout it out loud as fact though all the time (and I mean literally all the time, I never see Sims 3 or Sims 4 fans doing that when nobody asks). Even in a topic called 'Is Sims 4 better than Sims 3'. And when someone reacts with a tongue in cheek-ish 'Sims 4 beats all' the somewhat grumpy reaction is 'does it matter'. By the one who shouted 'Sims 2 is the best' in the first place :o I mean: does it or does it not matter. That's like:
    "Sims 2 is the best!"
    "No it's not!"
    "Does it matter?"
    Eh...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2015
    So very very very much this. I really find it disturbing people claim 'at least the sims look better' because they so do not. They look weird and like you say all alike.

That's funny because most sims from sims 3 looked weird to me. Your opinion is not fact.

simmi.png
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    This.

People remind EA not to do the mistakes they did with Sims 3 that Sims 2 didn't have. Mistakes like slot-popping, the overpriced milking from the store (some features weren't even developed properly!), not taking care of the bugs, same animation for different interactions etc... I want an open world and CASt, but I don't want EA to neglect the overall quality of the game (like they did with 3).
    You won't hear me protesting when EA milking people is the subject, not S3's bugginess ;) Believe me, I've been playing Sims 3 for years with in the back of my head 'one day there will be a successor taking care of the messy side of this game, delivering something that's going to perfect my experience' (untill august 2013). I'm definitely not the one who sees no flaws in this game she loves o:) (I'm still very grateful you talked me into NRaas in the end)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Cristill wrote: »
    Thanks for your response. @JasonAnthonySterling, @joAnne65, @Cinebar, @Colton147147, @Simsdx, @Astro, @Bob18, @HCSau, and @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸. I hope that I didn't forget anyone. There are so many opinions. I guess that I'll just bite the bullet. If I don't like it I can always go back to S3. I did like S2, but I sold all my games in a yard sale, then I bought S3. I'm so mad at myself.
    I believe there's a way to get the Ultimate Collection when you can show you bought all the Sims 2 games at one point?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    So very very very much this. I really find it disturbing people claim 'at least the sims look better' because they so do not. They look weird and like you say all alike.

That's funny because most sims from sims 3 looked weird to me. Your opinion is not fact.

simmi.png
    The one from 2 is the scariest though..
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

simmi.png

Hahaha, yeah the BG graphics are pretty blocky and terrible looking. Much better than 1 though, lol
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options

simmi.png
    I have a skin overlay that makes sims 2 sims look a lot more realistic (sort of like sims 3 sims).
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2015

simmi.png

It's kinda funny how all the Sims excluding the one from Sims 3 look like they have some form of an expression on their face, and the Sim from the Sims 3 is just gazing off into outer space XD.
  • Options

simmi.png

It's kinda funny how all the Sims excluding the one from Sims 3 look like they have some form of an expression on their face, and the Sim from the Sims 3 is just gazing off into outer space XD.

I know lmao, her eyes look glazed over 0.o that's just one of the reasons why I couldn't stand sims in 3, they always looked like that in my game lol
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sims 3 is.
    (sorry, couldn't resist :p ; no, it isn't, it's not a competition, just a matter of preference)

I'd probably agree with you if it hadn't been coded by complete amateurs who had absolutely no idea what they were doing and if TS3 had more decent, thought out content and EPs.

The moment you start a save in TS3 is the moment the countdown begins until it bugs out completely. Not to mention the amount of band-aids you gotta throw on it (mods to ensure the game will even play correctly) is overwhelming.

TS4 is no different -- culling defeats the purpose of the widely played game style (generational play), sandbox is replaced by RPG/linear goals, the world has been downgraded worse than TS1 with predefined lots and absolutely no control of the player, content has been cut, the graphics could have been better, loading screens, etc. etc.

Therefore, TS2 is the winner in my book for getting every single thing right the first time, never straying from the original concept of the game, and just providing a decent game worth every buck paid.
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    Sims 4 should be better, because it's still progressing. It would be better by time, from one updates to another.
  • Options

simmi.png
    Render Bella Goth is great; there was a time I fell into that trap and thought Sims 4 would actually look like that. The thing is: they don't. They absolutely look like plastic. And that's not even my main problem with them, it's the fact they don't look like themselves in the game most of the time. Like this example:

faces_zps6vu3zehv.png

On the left I can see what the creator wanted to achieve creating this girl. On the right all her work is gone, it's a default face without any uniqueness or character.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015

simmi.png

Yeah, the person who created this montage clearly wasn't Sims 3 friendly ;) Or did you really think sims in 3 don't have facial expressions?

3060387_orig.png
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

simmi.png

Yeah, the person who created this montage clearly wasn't Sims 3 friendly ;) Or did you really think sims in 3 don't have facial expressions?

3060387_orig.png

No, they do but sometimes they got weird. Like when my sims toddlers diaper needed changing she would have that face on for literally hours lol even when she wasn't near him anymore.
    WLfAA9V.png