Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Sims 4 better than Sims 3

I'm still playing the Sims 3. I'm wondering if the Sims 4 is worth my time? What is the requirements to play the Sims 4?

Comments

• JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    You should move this to Sims 4 General Disscussions. You won't get any replies here,
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Stick with Sims 3. The interface and several quality of life features are better in Sims 4, but those trifles don't make up for not only the absence of several years worth of content, but also the fact that Sims 4 is a mess.

Unfortunately, once you start playing Sims 4, going back to 3 is very difficult since the build/buy in 3 is awful, the load screens are too long, and everything has a delay.

So stay with 3 as long as you can, and be none the wiser.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Here are the recommended requirements; I'd recommend going higher than that, as each patch and EP puts more strain on resources:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-system-requirements/#2

Which is better? Depends on who you ask. No one can give you the right answer for you on that one. If you buy the base game through Origin digital download, you have 24 hours to try it out and return it if you don't like it.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    The only reason I don't play TS3 as often is because it constantly crashes for me.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    The sims 4 is boring and lacking in so many things. If you want to have fun and enjoy playing the sims, stick with the sims 3. It's the best game .
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Try TS2 if you haven't already.

You'll find a much more optimized game in TS4, but that's really all it has going for it. The game becomes boring faster than any other Sims game because the developers have strayed from the original genre of the game in favor of a more RPG/linear approach, which was 100% wrong of them to do.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Nonononononononono
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Try TS2 if you haven't already.

You'll find a much more optimized game in TS4, but that's really all it has going for it. The game becomes boring faster than any other Sims game because the developers have strayed from the original genre of the game in favor of a more RPG/linear approach, which was 100% wrong of them to do.
    ^^^:)
  • FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    Technical reasons hold me back from playing TS3. Stick with it if you can play it, there's a lot more content
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    "Is Sims 4 better than Sims 3?"

Nope.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    The Sims 4 is way better than any other of the Sims games. ;)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited May 2015
    It's better if you watch some videos on YouTube so you can see for yourself. If you're playing on a cheap laptop, you need to be a little bit over the recommended specs for a better experience.

If you do decide to purchase, Origin (digital only) has a great game guarantee for TS4.
    Read about it here: https://www.origin.com/en-us/great-game-guarantee
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have never played TS4 so it would be unfair for me to say that TS3 is better, but in my eyes, TS3 is so good, do I really need to play TS4?

I made my mind up last year, TS3 is the game for me so, in my opinion, TS3 IS better than TS4 and so far I haven't even mentioned toddlers, Open World, cars, Sims that react to death & cheating, real careers, real humour and charm and all that is just the TS3 base game!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    I don't think so.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited May 2015
    It all depends on the player. People who like The Sims 3 will tell you to stick with it, people who like The Sims 4 will tell you to give it a try. You should look up videos on The Sims 4 and see some of the features in it before buying it.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I have never played TS4 so it would be unfair for me to say that TS3 is better, but in my eyes, TS3 is so good, do I really need to play TS4?

I made my mind up last year, TS3 is the game for me so, in my opinion, TS3 IS better than TS4 and so far I haven't even mentioned toddlers, Open World, cars, Sims that react to death & cheating, real careers, real humour and charm and all that is just the TS3 base game!

Sims react to cheating since the last patch, at least that was writen in the patch notes.

OP, you should try the origin trial, if you don't like it don't buy it, but if you like it then why not?

tenor.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    katoregama wrote: »
    Stick with Sims 3. The interface and several quality of life features are better in Sims 4, but those trifles don't make up for not only the absence of several years worth of content, but also the fact that Sims 4 is a mess.

Unfortunately, once you start playing Sims 4, going back to 3 is very difficult since the build/buy in 3 is awful, the load screens are too long, and everything has a delay.

So stay with 3 as long as you can, and be none the wiser.
    Huh..? I went back to Sims 3 all the time after playing Sims 4 for about twenty minutes and getting bored to bits. Went, past tense, I haven't played 4 for months now. Sims 4 interface is chaos (at the top, at the bottom, left, right, everywhere and I can't tilt the camera) and what life features in 4 are better in your opinion? And concerning those too long load screens: Sims 3 has none. Nor does the game have delay (well, not on my computer).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    Some of the stuff in Sims 4 is much better, but as lot of it is pretty awful. There has been very little consideration to how people actually play the game. Culling in the worst offender, you think you can play a generational family but in reality its very difficult without mods, automatic random culling destroys your family tree, destroys tombstones, and creates incestuous situations. The game is a mess really, but no doubt the modding community will come to the rescue. Im already at a point with this game where were it not for the mods I simply would not play anymore.

What IS very interesting is that Sims 4 could be good for rotational play (if some of the major issues were sorted out), more so than Sims 3 and as a result a lot of players are rediscovering Sims 2 and going back to that when then get disillusioned with Sims 4.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Sims 4 is easily beaten by anything, even free play.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    No. S4 is... okay... but that's it. Too many cool features (and NO not Toddlers and Dishwashers) were cut to allow for smoother performance (I guess?). Things like an open world, truly expansive customization ability and a realism that was completetly- COMPLETELY- thrown out the window in favor of kool-aid colors and rounded, clay like people and buildings. The only great thing about S4 is the fact the Sims can really multi-task in a real world way. I had a sim camping that got hungry and when I directed him to play horseshoes he threw one- left and got a hot dog from the picnic table- came back and threw a shoe, took a bite, threw a shoe, took a bite, pretty cool and pretty real. Go to work is also a lot of fun and they did a good "job" on that but that's it. The CAS that was bragged on so highly during launch sucks and makes plastic looking people that all appear alike far more than S3 ever did- it's a total throwback to S2 and I HATE it, I can live with it but I HATE it. As well all the hype about "emotions" falls flat in the game in my opinion. They are no more emotional the S3 or S2 for that matter, sure they walk funny and screw up their faces in new ways but it's more annoying than pleasing. I DO PLAY S4 and it's an okay game, I got it on sale (50% off! Thanks Origin!) and basically it was worth what I paid for BUT it does not live up to the launch promise or it's predecessors in anyway and it's requirements to run on a PC are no different than S3- big clue there as too how sophisticated it is- so you'll be able to run it no problem and it will be smooth but also stripped down in ways that I really doubt can even be changed.
    No. S4 is... okay... but that's it. Too many cool features (and NO not Toddlers and Dishwashers) were cut to allow for smoother performance (I guess?). Things like an open world, truly expansive customization ability and a realism that was completetly- COMPLETELY- thrown out the window in favor of kool-aid colors and rounded, clay like people and buildings. The only great thing about S4 is the fact the Sims can really multi-task in a real world way. I had a sim camping that got hungry and when I directed him to play horseshoes he threw one- left and got a hot dog from the picnic table- came back and threw a shoe, took a bite, threw a shoe, took a bite, pretty cool and pretty real. Go to work is also a lot of fun and they did a good "job" on that but that's it. The CAS that was bragged on so highly during launch sucks and makes plastic looking people that all appear alike far more than S3 ever did- it's a total throwback to S2 and I HATE it, I can live with it but I HATE it. As well all the hype about "emotions" falls flat in the game in my opinion. They are no more emotional the S3 or S2 for that matter, sure they walk funny and screw up their faces in new ways but it's more annoying than pleasing. I DO PLAY S4 and it's an okay game, I got it on sale (50% off! Thanks Origin!) and basically it was worth what I paid for BUT it does not live up to the launch promise or it's predecessors in anyway and it's requirements to run on a PC are no different than S3- big clue there as too how sophisticated it is- so you'll be able to run it no problem and it will be smooth but also stripped down in ways that I really doubt can even be changed.
    So very very very much this. I really find it disturbing people claim 'at least the sims look better' because they so do not. They look weird and like you say all alike. I've been reading a couple of Sims 4 story's today and all those story's had exactly the same sims in it. It's as if they created like five default sims for each gender and you can play with those. I actually saw my own male sim a couple of times as a main character.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, and nothing is better than The Sims 2. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sims 3 is.
    (sorry, couldn't resist :p ; no, it isn't, it's not a competition, just a matter of preference)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member

Except the Sims 4.

The Sims 4 beats all. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Except the Sims 4.

The Sims 4 beats all. o:)

Does it matter? They made them all, so their feelings shouldn't be hurt if I prefer one over the other, right? EA produced all of them so, it shouldn't matter to them I truly enjoyed one more than another. It's still all their money, and they got mine. So, I don't think that would hurt my feeling if I rake in money from one game or another, if I built them all or sponsored them all. I would still be making money. :#
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.