Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Sims 4 better than Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Mafe5125 wrote: »
    I absolutely loved the Sims 2. :-) Sadly, my mom stopped allowing me to buy expansion packs and I only needed a few more for my collection to be complete. :-( Anyway, back to the topic. I enjoyed the Sims 3 at first, but the sims just seemed kinda robotic to me. I don't know, maybe that's just me. I've really been enjoying the Sims 4 so far and it sort of has a Sims 2 feel to it, so I really like that.

It's not just you. The Sims in TS3 are very robotic. TS4 sims are much better than them

I don't really see how they are robotic, I mean it's not creepy like TS4 sims. In 4, all they do is stand and smile left and right left and right >.> That's pretty robotic too when you think about it.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member

Good to know I'm not alone on this. But many simmers have different experiences with the game and a lot feel that the Sims 3 sims showed lots of emotions. Not in my case. :-P

The emotionz, I can feelz them: Mr. Sausages Feels Warm

:p
  • Options
    Mafe5125Mafe5125 Posts: 294 Member
    > @LaAbby said:
    > halimali1980 wrote: »
    >
    > Mafe5125 wrote: »
    >
    > I absolutely loved the Sims 2. :-) Sadly, my mom stopped allowing me to buy expansion packs and I only needed a few more for my collection to be complete. :-( Anyway, back to the topic. I enjoyed the Sims 3 at first, but the sims just seemed kinda robotic to me. I don't know, maybe that's just me. I've really been enjoying the Sims 4 so far and it sort of has a Sims 2 feel to it, so I really like that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not just you. The Sims in TS3 are very robotic. TS4 sims are much better than them
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't really see how they are robotic, I mean it's not creepy like TS4 sims. In 4, all they do is stand and smile left and right left and right >.> That's pretty robotic too when you think about it.

Welllll now that you mention it, yeah it is. Lol. But for the most part I think they show their emotions pretty well. Even if they have mood swings every 5 seconds.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    In some respects yes, in others no
  • Options
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    > I absolutely loved the Sims 2. :-) Sadly, my mom stopped allowing me to buy expansion packs and I only needed a few more for my collection to be complete. :-( Anyway, back to the topic. I enjoyed the Sims 3 at first, but the sims just seemed kinda robotic to me. I don't know, maybe that's just me. I've really been enjoying the Sims 4 so far and it sort of has a Sims 2 feel to it, so I really like that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not just you. The Sims in TS3 are very robotic. TS4 sims are much better than them
    > > I don't really see how they are robotic, I mean it's not creepy like TS4 sims. In 4, all they do is stand and smile left and right left and right .> That's pretty robotic too when you think about it.

Welllll now that you mention it, yeah it is. Lol. But for the most part I think they show their emotions pretty well. Even if they have mood swings every 5 seconds.

4KiieYG.jpg?1

Even without the red negative sign, you can see that she's unhappily saying something to her mother in response to something she had previously told her.

I think they show their emotions pretty well, in a conversation too.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Even without the red negative sign, you can see that she's unhappily saying something to her mother in response to something she had previously told her.
    >
    > I think they show their emotions pretty well, in a conversation too.

Yes, that's true. But for example: A sim just peed on themselves. Then they go eat cereal. They have a blank look on their face the entire time they're eating. You can't really tell they're embarrassed unless you take a look at their moodlets. But in the Sims 4, they're obviously embarrassed and uncomfortable the entire time they're eating.
  • Options
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Even without the red negative sign, you can see that she's unhappily saying something to her mother in response to something she had previously told her.
    >

Yes, that's true. But for example: A sim just peed on themselves. Then they go eat cereal. They have a blank look on their face the entire time they're eating. You can't really tell they're embarrassed unless you take a look at their moodlets. But in the Sims 4, they're obviously embarrassed and uncomfortable the entire time they're eating.

No they aren't, because they are super happy that the room is decorated;)
  • Options
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No they aren't, because they are super happy that the room is decorated;)

Oh boy, you got me there hahaha. I don't like that. :-S I don't understand why they get so happy about a decorated room. Hopefully that gets taken care of.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

Oh boy, you got me there hahaha. I don't like that. :-S I don't understand why they get so happy about a decorated room. Hopefully that gets taken care of.

Well, I'd be pretty happy too if you put me in a well decorated room opposed to a room with just walls! Lol :p
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No they aren't, because they are super happy that the room is decorated;)

Yeah the emotions aren't appropriate emotions in several situations I can think of. I get what you were trying to tell me, but if they want to make sims more emotional then they should have done them right.
  • Options
    > @brookesaywhatx said:
    >
    >
    > Oh boy, you got me there hahaha. I don't like that. :-S I don't understand why they get so happy about a decorated room. Hopefully that gets taken care of.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, I'd be pretty happy too if you put me in a well decorated room opposed to a room with just walls! Lol :p

Who doesn't like a well decorated room? :-) but it doesn't make any sense when your grandmother just died and you're really ecstatic about that painting hanging on your wall, ya know?
  • Options
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah the emotions aren't appropriate emotions in several situations I can think of. I get what you were trying to tell me, but if they want to make sims more emotional then they should have done them right.

True, true... :-/
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2015
    I know sometimes they flip emotions quite a bit especially depending on traits, but I've seen some longer term emotions.

I made an mischief sim .. I wanted to eventually do an evil scientist, although he is on the criminal career tract right now for that aspiration. He's been sad for quite a few in game days, at least 4. I know he was at work.. had a few days off and now is at work again.
    He was in a love triangle and he saw his lover flirting, he was sad and I set the other lover up to die so he could get an achievement of seeing a sim die. Anyway he was in love with both of them. When he witnessed the death he was already sad sometimes very sad, but then went to very sad and has pretty much stayed there. He's been moping around for days. I had to take the urn up because he goes to mourn.
    I was able to make him playful to go to work.. it's the emotion they should be in but it took a bubble bath and some playful emotional painting turned on. He wasn't responding to jokes, or maybe he was and it hadn't stacked enough. (edit.. the playful emotion wore off pretty quick and he went back to being sad at work.) He has gotten focused on his own (genius trait) playing chess.

I do have to say his environment other than really good greening items, is not very decorated. He's getting an underground lair together and I have it looking mostly sterile on purpose, not to affect emotions just for looks. I usually make cheerful sims, but I'm starting to like this evil, sad scientist to be. Oh he doesn't have the gloomy trait. He's a public enemy, perfectionist, genius, evil.

Anyway, my two cents added in because it got on emotions.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I absolutely loved the Sims 2. :-) Sadly, my mom stopped allowing me to buy expansion packs and I only needed a few more for my collection to be complete. :-( Anyway, back to the topic. I enjoyed the Sims 3 at first, but the sims just seemed kinda robotic to me. I don't know, maybe that's just me. I've really been enjoying the Sims 4 so far and it sort of has a Sims 2 feel to it, so I really like that.

It's not just you. The Sims in TS3 are very robotic. TS4 sims are much better than them

I don't really see how they are robotic, I mean it's not creepy like TS4 sims. In 4, all they do is stand and smile left and right left and right >.> That's pretty robotic too when you think about it.
    It's called emotionz, and 4 does it better than all sims games combined! I mean who doesn't like to take angry poops!? :p
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > I don't really see how they are robotic, I mean it's not creepy like TS4 sims. In 4, all they do is stand and smile left and right left and right .> That's pretty robotic too when you think about it.

4KiieYG.jpg?1

Even without the red negative sign, you can see that she's unhappily saying something to her mother in response to something she had previously told her.

The mom is like...
    "Talk to me like that one more time and I'll make you wear crocs and a Justin Bieber shirt to school!"
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

4KiieYG.jpg?1

that child is CREEPY
    Like a hungry zombie who is ready to bite her mom and eat her flesh!!

In Sims 4 the children are so cute. very innocent and fun to play with
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

4KiieYG.jpg?1

that child is CREEPY

Everything in TS4 is cute and innocent. I miss the realness of TS3.

Its just like real life. Not all kids are cute and cuddly.

Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    > @dorendia122 said:
    >
    > LaAbby wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > that child is CREEPY
    > Like a hungry zombie who is ready to bite her mom and eat her flesh!!
    >
    > In Sims 4 the children are so cute. very innocent and fun to play with
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Everything in TS4 is cute and innocent. I miss the realness of TS3.
    >
    > Its just like real life. Not all kids are cute and cuddly.

Who knows. Maybe with a Generations type EP or patch, they'll bring back some of the realness that was in TS3 into TS4. You're totally right about not all kids being cute and cuddly. :-)
  • Options
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

4KiieYG.jpg?1

that child is CREEPY

That's cause it's a vampire :P I hope they take the glow away in 4 if they decide to put vampires back in.

Side note, can I please stop getting tagged? XD This is happening too frequently now.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    What @Sk8rblaze and @LaAbby said.

--T
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    At least TS3 base game was complete, that's all I have to say... :)
    completely boring. :p
    I've been keeping myself bored for five years in a row now on an almost daily basis. Voluntarily :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Is that true..? (my sims never pee themselves because they have steel bladders) I can imagine they'd have disgusted faces because of the smell. But I'm not sure about it because I never tested :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MsDupreeMsDupree Posts: 68 Member
    > @Cristill said:
    > I'm still playing the Sims 3. I'm wondering if the Sims 4 is worth my time?

Tbh, it's not as good as Sims 3, but I am holding out hope for improvement with the release of each new expansion pack.
    signature_1_zpsta4lsuge.gif

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited May 2015
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

4KiieYG.jpg?1

that child is CREEPY

That's cause it's a vampire :P I hope they take the glow away in 4 if they decide to put vampires back in.

Side note, can I please stop getting tagged? XD This is happening too frequently now.

Oops, sorry! My bad.

I apologise for tagging. I wouldn't mind but my post is directly Under yours saying stop tagging... That'll teach me to post when excited.

Stop saying what I think :tongue:

--T

ETA: somehow tagged myself!
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    > @LaAbby said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

4KiieYG.jpg?1

that child is CREEPY

Oops, sorry! My bad.

I apologise for tagging. I wouldn't mind but my post is directly Under yours saying stop tagging... That'll teach me to post when excited.

Stop saying what I think :tongue:

--T

ETA: somehow tagged myself!

It's cause people keep quoting my tag lol.

One day I won't be tagged.