Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    > @Shaobun said:
    > Telling us a sim is having an "unpleasant conversation" while they look perfectly happy just doesn't work.

This. When the mean Sim was talking to my good Sim, they were having an "unpleasant conversation" but she was smiling and laughing. I only realised she was unhappy when she ran to kick a trashcan after. Maybe that was her grimace face? I mean, we all look like we're smiley and happy when we're disgusted right?
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    The facial expressions are all part of the animation, unfortunately. I guess they didn't want to code loads of different animation sets for each interaction. Since TS2 I have been saying the game would be more immersive if Sims's faces didn't animate at all, so the expression you gave them in CAS was the expression they kept. That way we could apply our imaginations more and the sims would not ruin our stories (both imaginary and written) by refusing to look how we wanted to imagine them.
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    The facial expressions are all part of the animation, unfortunately. I guess they didn't want to code loads of different animation sets for each interaction.
    Surely they could keep the body animations separate from facial expressions though. It's not like their heads swap to their elbows when they're angry.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    The best part was when she was eating a hot dog next to the hot dog man lol
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited February 2015
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Wow... that is disappointing.
    I'd actually really like a guru to read this and comment. What is the point of even having traits if they do nothing.
    Yes, some traits have some sort of an impact, but others have less. I was annoyed today when Pancake Bob, who is a lazy slob, autonomously decided to go clean, and then got a tense moodlet for doing too many chores. Sounds like a personal problem.
    yeah! a GP is needed with the career Shrink
    & one could collect phobias >:)

no seriously,
    everything described in this thread is why i stopped playing all the traits/relationships/feeling related stuff in TS4 for now,
    just waiting for further patches :s
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    This is beyond depressing :(
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited February 2015
    @EmberDahl‌ This was the funniest thing I have seen, I really enjoyed your story. the thing why it did not bother me, is that there are really people who no matter what you do, they will not get mad.
    I would love to try that one out. I just might make a really bad sim and see how far he can go to make someone mad.
    You made a house hold of the girls and sausage man did not live with them, is that the way you did it. He only just came in as a visitor. You only controlled sausage man.
    I wonder what would happen if sausage man lived with them, but you only control sausage man. I guess it would be the same.
    Sounds like a very fun experiment.
    I might not use sausage and use another kind of sim to do it.
    Loved it, thanks for the laugh. Very good.
  • VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    So funny and so sad at the same time.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Haha! Where are all the emotions? If it was S2 a fight would've broken out.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    *dissolves in a pile of giggles*

This is why I love reading Sims stories...

You Simmers do it so much better than the Sims themselves xD

Bahahahahaha... I can't even...
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
    @EmberDahl‌ great thread, although a really depressing magnified look at the 'emotions' in TS4...
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    man that images are the most funny and most sad in my game story to show how "horrible" the most important highlited feature of a game really was a joke and dont work at all, man this game is so mess which make hard believe which was the same team which made sims 2 and 3 also made this game... serious??? they are really the same team???? i really dont believe on it, how a team can make 2 great works and make a crap on that???? really the rush was the worst thing i see in my life.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    man that images are the most funny and most sad in my game story to show how "horrible" the most important highlited feature of a game really was a joke and dont work at all, man this game is so mess which make hard believe which was the same team which made sims 2 and 3 also made this game... serious??? they are really the same team???? i really dont believe on it, how a team can make 2 great works and make a crap on that???? really the rush was the worst thing i see in my life.

They were forced to rush out the game based on an internal company deadline, whether or not it was properly finished.

Yes @‌fullspiral
    @SimGuruBChick maybe you can let the other gurus know about this and you guys can investigate. Considering 'emotions' are a key selling point for TS4 they obviously aren't working as intended surely?!