Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teegers' Treasury - including Thank you's, Fashion, Vendetta's, Design, and Fun

Comments

• Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    I am horrible at taking pics of my sims if I manage to get one though I would gladly let you have it
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    what about this picture

opxnvd.jpg
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    edited May 2015
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    This history topic is so interesting and the South has such a rich culture and I haven't been but the Appalachian area has always seemed very beautiful (hope my geography isn't too mixed up) <3

I couldn't let this pass without taking the opportunity to share my mountains. If you've ever watched Braveheart, when Stephen, the mad Irishman, is talking about his homeland, he always refers to it as "my Ireland." This is how I feel about my mountains. I may not live there now, but they'll always be mine. :)

Btw, I moved this here to not clog up the other thread with pictures. :)

@jbsquared2000, @Cogitotoro, and @bekkasan, do these pictures bring back memories for y'all as well?

My very favorite place to go whenever I need to clear my head and think (not sure if the name'll get plummed or not) - Devil's Courthouse

JeffBurcher.jpg

view-from-little-switzerland-hotel.jpg

Looking Glass Falls
    looking-glass-sunrise-blue-ridge-parkway-landscape-dave-allen.jpg

157099626_a3870523f5.jpg

virginia-blue-ridge-parkway-north-carolina.jpg
    Post edited by Teegers on
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • Options
    virginia-road-trip-scenic-drive-blue-ridge-parkway-overlook-1024.jpg

blue-ridge-parkway-light-rays-enlightenment-dave-allen.jpg

BlueRidgeParkwaySTOCK6.jpg

I used to have this one as my screen background for ages.
    blueridgeparkway07.jpg
  • Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    Oh man! Especially the second and last one! Just like home. So funny, growing up I couldn't wait to get out of there and move away. Now I live at the beach and miss the mountains like crazy!

Btw - excellent use of the word "y'all!!" ;)
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    those are beautiful pictures
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    Teegers wrote: »
    BlueRidgeParkwaySTOCK6.jpg

this one... I'm stealing... at it is very much what I want in HS
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @anettesb, I was just looking through the pictures again (making myself homesick) and thinking I should try to build something like this. If I do, I'll share it. :)
  • Options
    YEAAAAAAAAA did you se the contests/lottery @NagyGina just started.... ?
    becouse if you do make it you might aswell enter it there
  • Options
    I added it to the list, @anettesb, but haven't looked over it yet. I'll have to check. :)
  • Options
    Hey guys, I'd love some ideas, suggestions, tips...I've been trying to make a sim Louis Armstrong. Here is a picture of a young adult Louis, and what I've got so far. I'm open for any suggestions, tips, etc. I'm trying to make him completely stock (no sliders or cc). @calmorezoo, I'd love to hear any of your thoughts - and I can upload him if you'd like.

armstrong_l.jpg2015-05-14_20-24-04.jpeg
  • Options
    looks good idk if you can make the middle of his top lip lower
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    I can - I hadn't even caught that - many of the pictures I was going by were of him older, when his lips were all scarred to bits - apparently he would play so much that he'd get callouses on his lips and would cut them off, leaving scars.
  • Options
    ahh I never knew that
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    Wow @Teegers! That is an amazing likeness of him! I didn't know that about his lips, either - cool trivia. Can't wait to see how he turns out! :)
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

• Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @Teegers, love the photos, especially Looking Glass Falls.
    Ref Louis, I'm guessing you're thinking he wouldn't have bags under his eyes when younger, and not sure you can change them or whatever, but some people just have 'baggy eyes' (not me I hasten to add o:) ) I wouldn't even attempt it, I know he would just end up looking like some zombie (mine all do!) >:)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    thats a great work... somthing with his eays... don't know how to make it.. maybe by eye dept...

but I think he is a prefy good match.... are you uploading him as ahoushold.... me want him
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone! @anettesb, I'll definitely upload him when I finish, I want to get as close to the images as I can (and man, it's hard to find images where he's not smiling from ear to ear).

@mothersuperior2, unless someone knows how, I had a choice of the crinkly upper lids or baggy lower ones and still have his eyes looking anything like they should. Believe it or not, it even required a bit of alien eye settings - maybe they should have had Satchmo on Men in Black. :)

It's the bagginess of his face that's causing most of my issues - the eyes do need bags under them, and the start of wrinkles over his eyebrows. I was soooo tempted to find some extra sliders to give me what I needed, but there seems to be a debate about whether a sim will stay the same if he's uploaded to a game without the sliders, and I prefer WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) for anything I upload.

@jbsquared2000, thank you! I'm currently playing him in my game for a bit. He's a performer through and through, I think ambitious is the only non-performer-y trait that he has, although as I was researching him, it really sounds like his wives were the ambitious ones who pushed him away from playing for others and into preforming on his own (and being a band leader).

• Options
    oh if he is played please uploade him with skills and ... all as a houshold... and post more pictures.... I'm sure he wants to move into my HS....
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @Teegers I'm sorry :pensive: I feel I let you down :'( I haven't declared a vendetta in nigh on a week :weary: Your thread is completely useless without one :bawling: It just has all these amazing sim creations and really distracting and beautiful pictures :kissing: Though I wont comment on Louis Armstrong as all I really know about him is he played the trumpet which is some kind of stringed instrument :hushed:
  • Options
    @Teegers - How do you post pictures of your Sims like that? Do you host the images on a website? The only way I've been able to post pictures on the forum, is by using the image URL tool. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to copy and paste images directly into posts- not for lack of trying! (Ugh my poor non-techie brain hurts!) Actually, while I'm asking for your expert advice - I also don't know how to capture screenshots of my Sims while in the game, to post here later. I'm just lost...and pictureless. :disappointed:

:smiley:

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Teegers - How do you post pictures of your Sims like that? Do you host the images on a website? The only way I've been able to post pictures on the forum, is by using the image URL tool. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to copy and paste images directly into posts- not for lack of trying! (Ugh my poor non-techie brain hurts!) Actually, while I'm asking for your expert advice - I also don't know how to capture screenshots of my Sims while in the game, to post here later. I'm just lost...and pictureless. :disappointed:

:smiley:

Just press C in game for camera. The pictures will then go into your screenshot folder.

A website like photobucket is great for uploading pics from your computer. Then you can copy the link they provide. You click on the image of the paper next to the image of the link (after the smilie). Paste what you copied there and hit enter.

• Options
    Thank you so much, @ciane! I have a Photobucket account that I will have to blow the dust off of (and try to remember my password for) since it's been so long that I've used it, but I certainly will, so that I can post pictures. I have taken pictures in TS3, but never knew that I could post them for others to see. I'll have to go in search of my screenshot folder when I get home from work. Thank you again for all of your help! :smiley:

• Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    @Teegers Now that you have returned to proper refrigerator technology. I would like to offer you some excellent recipes; cold crisp apples, jello, chilled milk. You really should try them, they are wonderful.
  • Options
    @scillakees, I love recipes! Thank you. :) I inherited my mom's love for enjoying reading cookbooks, and my dad's love for having to change every recipe he touched into something uniquely his own. :)

Apples are one of my favorites, but there aren't many good ones for sale up here yet, although I've always loved the taste of a crisp, tart green apple. It'll probably sound funny, but I like making sandwiches out of apple slices - with the apple as the "bread" and various fillings for the middle (cheese, peanut butter, even a slice of ham or piece of cold chicken).

Jello is yummy any season, have you ever had it as a hot liquid in the winter time? It's great to warm the chills away. :) Milk is the only item on the list that I'll skip - drinking it straight would mess with my stomach, a side effect of gluten issues. I did go buy milk (for the boys) and cashew milk (for me) yesterday, almost as soon as the refrigerator was plugged in - which reminds me, I have all the fixings for smoothies now, and a smoothie sounds delicious! :)