Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teegers' Treasury - including Thank you's, Fashion, Vendetta's, Design, and Fun

Comments

• Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    Im glad i could help you with your avatar background @Teegers
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited May 2015
    Teegers wrote: »
    @gnlovew, thank you so much! Erick wonders if this outfit is his key to convincing Lola that he's her knight in shining armor.

Erick.jpg

This guy reminds me of Eric from Dungeon and Dragons cartoon..although his tunic over his armor was yellow...

http://www.dungeonsdragonscartoon.com/2009/08/eric-cavalier.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uWSjqkUBR7s/TdqcBcm5_EI/AAAAAAAAGjg/18eAoGsQZsk/s1600/eric_cavalier_1.png

eric_cavalier_1_zpsr95vu8vo.png

His hair and face look almost the same though..same color hair and same face type. Now im wondering if you named him after the Eric from the D@D cartoon series.
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    @Dimon6579, LOL I had completely forgotten about that cartoon - I used to love it! So unfortunately, I didn't name him after Eric, I was just trying to come up with a good name for him that was still a little unique (thus the k on the end of his name).

I need to do more with him though, in all the reloads, etc, he got forgotten on the sidelines, waiting for me to decide where his new home world will be (I know where he'll end up (Dragon Valley most likely) but I'm not sure where to start him from, and need to get that figured out so I can finish his story. :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
    @rionismyname, thank you so much for the blouse! It looks so cute and I can't wait to see it in the game. :) I totally understand, I do the same thing when someone else mentions that they're almost done with their list. It's fun getting to be one of the last people to gift someone. ((((hugs))))

@Aaronsims, thank you! My sims and I will definitely enjoy the skirt! :)
    Oh wow, @Jemlia! Thank you!!! Congratulations on being done! <3 And man, you knocked my list down to 7!!!! When you started, did you really think you'd be on the other side of owning the store now? I know I'm amazed still amazed by how close it is. :)
  • JemliaJemlia Posts: 255 Member
    You are so very welcome. :grin: I never thought I'd own the store. I started in 2012. I was busy with school and didn't have much money (still don't) and had even less time, so I would only buy a few items when I was on break from school. Then I found the DD list about a year and half ago (I think :confused:). I still didn't see how it would be possible or how I could ever afford it but little by little and ad after ad it added up. All the gifts from all the wonderful sim friends helped a great deal too. I know you'll be celebrating this soon too, so congratulations in advance. :smiley:
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited May 2015
    @ajaxpost, you sound like a sci-fi fan. I learned my ABCs on the greats - Asimov, Adams, Bradbury,... Zelazny. :)
    Indeed I am, though I seldom read the books these days; and I haven't heard Zelazny's name in years! If I may add a couple of other names to your alphabet; Dick, Ellison, Simak, with perhaps a little meander on the fantasy side with Moorcock :)

edited May 2015
    @ajaxpost, awesome! It's always wonderful to meet another sci-fi fan. I love both, sci-fi and fantasy and there are some great authors of both. My first books beyond the very basic, "Nat is a cat. Nat is a fat cat. The cat sat on a mat." were my Dad's science fiction books. I'd pick them up and try to read them whenever he sat them down. I've been reading ever since. :)

LOL We should create a sci-fi/fantasy ABC list -

Asimov, Adams, Anderson, Anthony, Asprin (maybe if your last name starts with A, you have an automatic bonus to writing)
    Bradbury
    Capek (created the word robot), Clarke
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 (another great one)
    Ellison
    Foster
    Gaiman
    Heinlein (another favorite)
    I
    Jordan
    Kuttner (Amazon has Robots Have No Tails on Kindle! I've been looking for it for years!)
    L'Engle
    McCaffrey, Morris
    Norton
    O
    Pohl
    Q
    R
    Simak, Saberhagen, Sagan, Silverburg, Smith, Sawyer
    Tolkein
    U
    Vern, Vonnegut
    W
    X (Xanth comes to mind)
    Y
    Zelazny

I know I'm missing a pile of the best ones.
    Post edited by Teegers on
    @Teegers my husband and I are both sci-fi / fantasy fans. Years ago when I lived way out in the country - (the nearest grocery store was 54 miles away) we had no cable or broadcast television available. So I started reading Peirs Anthony's Xanth novels in the evening to my kids. Their ages at the time ranged from 7 to 13. Years later, even when we had television the kids would ask me to read. I always wanted them to reciprocate but that never happened. Today, they all still fondly recall me reading these to them. Two of them are avid readers today.

Arthur C. Clarke comes to mind as another sci-fi author. My husband could probably list quite a few more.
    @Jemlia, Clarke is another favorite here as well. Ken got out of the Navy just a few weeks after I'd given birth to our older son, so funds were tight, but books were free, and we'd both sit and read together in the evenings while we snuggled Will. The Rama series kept us entertained for a while, and we were both sad when it was finished.

I need to introduce J (younger son) to Xanth. Will discovered them when he was 11, and that was all he asked for that Christmas. I found 10 or more books in the series at the used bookstore and could hardly wait for Christmas morning to give them to him. :)
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Catch! Still have a big grin on my dufus face as I hum Centerfield to myself. Thanks to two imps... Happy Day

May I offer Madeleine L'Engle : A Wrinkle in Time?
    I am so glad, @scillakees!!! :smiley:<3:smiley:

L'Engle is another favorite of mine. Have you read any of The Crosswick Journals? They are perhaps my favorite of all her books, especially A Circle of Quiet. It's one of those books that quiets your spirit when you need just a little time away from the world. :)
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    No, actually I haven't. I shall remedy that. I am in the process of collecting all of my childhood favorites in audiobook form for my husband during his commute. He didn't read as a kid. My nefarious plan is working though. He downloaded an e-book all by himself last week and is reading it! I'm thrilled.
    edited May 2015
    2015-05-06_09-11-25.jpeg

Wow! Just wow, wow, wow!

You guys did this - LOL I'd still be researching cascades and trying to decide if it was worth paying the medium price and not taking a chance on not waking up at 3 am. I am amazed, shocked, and bouncing with joy!!! Thank you all so very, very much!

This is not the last of my thank yous because I'm still working on creating pictures of everything being used, but it is the last list of thank yous in the pursuit of owning the store. Laughing now, because when I created my About Me and put that I was working toward owning the store, I really didn't think it would happen...and especially I didn't think that barely a month later I'd be here saying thank you to everyone who has helped me. Wow, wow, wow!

And so, the last list of thank yous:

Thank you, @itguyinsc, both for the outfits and for naming me the featured contributor this week! :)

If you haven't seen the
    JOIN THE PARTY! ♥ ♥ "SHOWCASE" your best work & "GIVE" Appreciation to friends ♥ ♥ thread, go check it out - there are many great contributors there whose work leaves me in awe (like @MeaganJo's Tinker's Roost - Wow!).

Thank you, @scillakees! I'm so very glad you're enjoying your new outfits!!! That makes me grin as much as finishing the store does. :)

@AlphaFen LOL I only gave the suggestion these are not the droids you are looking for, move on. I stand perfectly innocent o:) of all charges thrown against me, at least as innocent as Eve was when she suggested Adam eat the apple. Hmm, do you think "The snake made me do it" would stand as a good excuse in court? >:)

ETA: Hmm, a snake might be the perfect stair-tripping-so-you-fall-into-the-never-ending-bucket implement. One like Sir Hiss that you could tie into knots across the staircase would be perfect. Oh wait, I shouldn't say that out loud - it might invalidate my snake defense.

2.jpg

@simgeek79, You were one of the first people I met here on the forums, when I was giving away the Target codes I'd held on to for a couple years, and now you've completed my list, the last 3 outfits are all thanks to you! You made me laugh with your notes this morning. I hope you have a wonderful day!!! :)
    Post edited by Teegers on
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    dancing-happy-star-smiley-emoticon.gif Congrats on Owning the Store dancing-happy-star-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thank you so much, @charlotteprice!!! I am in love with Midnight Hollow, by the way, it is dark, but oh, so lovely! :)
  • rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    @Teegers Midnight Hollow is awesome I wish they didnt make it quite so dark I know there are mods but my laptop is so slow as it is I worry about adding more lastnight it took over 30min to save and quit my game and it takes about the same to open it wish I could afford a better one
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
    :sunglasses: Congratulations, Teegers! Yay! :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie: I hope I brought enough cookies for the party! Wait, we are having the party at your house tonight right? Otherwise, I might have to eat all of these by myself. :flushed:
    Yummy, cookies! Are they gluten free? If they are, that sounds really good right now, I haven't had any cookies in a while. :)

Sure, everyone's invited to my house tonight for a celebration party! Bring your favorite sims. Man, it would be fun if Sims was partly a multiplayer game, so you could have a party together. Hmm, we could probably create a group photo though - that would be cool! :)
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Yay @Teegers Congratulations!!!!! :smiley: I'm so happy for you :) I was so excited when I saw you still had a few items on your Wish List. How could I not finish it off for you :wink: It was my pleasure and totally made my day.

I totally wish we could have an online game party. I would bring some Goopy Carbonara and some apple cobbler. Don't bother giving me your address, i'll just look at the map for the house with the purple balloons over top. lol

To add to your SciFi list I enjoy books by Canadian author Robert Sawyer. He's had some interesting ones you might want to check out.
    Breaks over...see you at the party!! :kissing_heart:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Congrats on finally owning the store! And wow thank you so much for the shout out, it thrills me that you like my build! :D
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    2015-05-06_09-11-25.jpeg

Wow! Just wow, wow, wow!

so happy for you

mmao is broken for me so I never get this... it keeps ofering me stuff I own

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    Speaking of science fiction, this is the play that first used the word Robot (Asimov later took the word and coined the term robotics):

R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots)
    Okay, everyone is invited to the party! Let's make it a place to celebrate everyone who has achieved Own the Store status! :smiley:

original.jpg
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Congrats hon. :smiley: **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png