Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teegers' Treasury - including Thank you's, Fashion, Vendetta's, Design, and Fun

14567810...Next

Comments

• scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    I haven't tried jello warm, but it does sound like it would warm a person up nicely. Apples go with just about anything as far as I'm concerned.
    BTW your mountains are beautiful.
  • TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    I've been working on making a waterwheel similar to the one I shared in the Blue Ridge Parkway pictures. I still have a ways to go (there's nothing inside the house part of the building yet), but I'm enjoying this build and wanted to share what I have so far. :)

When I finish, there'll be a bakery, a workshop, and a house, all in 1 building. I've already had the community descend upon the lot when I decided to play-test what I have so far. :)

Here are the pictures:

Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    That is awesome! Really starting to look just like Mabry Mill! You're making me homesick! :smile:
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    that is soo cool
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
    Another quick look.

While the mill had been kept up somewhat over the years, the house hadn't really had much done to it. So, when Louis first moved in (that's who's living in it and helping me remodel), most of the house looked pretty rough. Here's a screenshot of the upstairs bedroom with the stained, worn walls and rough floor:

Screenshot-57.jpg

The living room's starting to look more homey. Here's Louis practicing piano.

Screenshot-58.jpg

The kitchen and breakfast room. As much as possible, the unstained, hand-built furniture that Louis found in the house was kept, along with the stove and ice box (although that was rebuild to actually keep food cold instead of needing a ice block added).

Screenshot-60.jpg
    In the Appalachians, crafting is as natural as breathing, and since there's not much call anymore to grind corn and wheat for the farmers, the back of the mill has been turned into a craft room, where artisans can make hand-crafted items to sell to the customers who come to the bakery.

Screenshot-61.jpg

The bakery:

Screenshot-42.jpg
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    edited May 2015
    A couple more shots of outside:

Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-27.jpg

@brandi22, I laughed when I realized what mod I was using for the sky - it's the one you recommended for Midnight Hollow. I love the mod, by the way, thank you for recommending it! :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    wow... this looks amazing... so much a want for my HS... perfect for the wooden area...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • NevillsNevills Posts: 505 Member
    Whoa! That's so awesome and incredibly beautiful!
    I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    The pics are wonderful, and I missed the fact that you changed your avi, that's great too B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    looks wonderful .
    h2xmsbl]

• brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    Teegers wrote: »
    @brandi22, I laughed when I realized what mod I was using for the sky - it's the one you recommended for Midnight Hollow. I love the mod, by the way, thank you for recommending it! :)

I thought it looked familiar! :blush: I went back to the default sky for a contest entry and played without it for awhile, so didn't recognize it. It is a really beautiful sky, though! Your renovated mill/craft store is coming together nicely. Love all the crafty decor and details inside, and it is surrounded by such beautiful water/landscaping. :)
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
    edited May 2015
    Guess what is finally uploaded!?!? LOL It took a day (I had to remove the variegated vase before it would upload). But it's finally done and ready for playing.

Here is Louie's Mill. The lake is fully stocked with fish, the grounds are open to the public, as is the bakery and the Artisan Center. The house is private, but Louie's been so busy building up the public areas that he's only now really turning his attention to the living quarters. So the walls are old, the paint is faded, and the decorations are often a little worse for wear. Still, there are some lovely pieces and a few that he's guessing are heirlooms brought across the ocean when the original family immigrated to the mountains.

Oh, and the Mill is named after Louie, since he was my live-in tester while I was building. Here he is for downloading, I worked some more on his eyes and think they look a little better than they did before.
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    edited June 2015
    Guess what is finally uploaded!?!? LOL It took a day (I had to remove the variegated vase before it would upload). But it's finally done and ready for playing.

Here is Louie's Mill. The lake is fully stocked with fish, the grounds are open to the public, as is the bakery and the Artisan Center. The house is private, but Louie's been so busy building up the public areas that he's only now really turning his attention to the living quarters. So the walls are old, the paint is faded, and the decorations are often a little worse for wear. Still, there are some lovely pieces and a few that he's guessing are heirlooms brought across the ocean when the original family immigrated to the mountains.

Oh, and the Mill is named after Louie, since he was my live-in tester while I was building. Here he is for downloading, I worked some more on his eyes and think they look a little better than they did before.

Gorgeous! I'll stop by and Reccommend it, since I can't download it.. Mostly because I own 0 % of the store, lol!
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
    Thank you, @lovespandas1! How can you only own 0% of the store? We need to rectify that as soon as possible. :)
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    edited June 2015
    Thank you, @lovespandas1! How can you only own 0% of the store? We need to rectify that as soon as possible. :)
    Heheh, yeah! Thank you for the gift aswell, and you're welcome too!
    My wishlist is empty so I have to reclutter it today!
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?