Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teegers' Treasury - including Thank you's, Fashion, Vendetta's, Design, and Fun

Comments

• Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    oh @RaeNic that would be a great idea and thank you for the gifts
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    @rionismyname You're so welcome! :) Yeah, it does sound like a fun little idea, huh.
  • Options
    TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    edited April 2015
    @RaeNic, I love the idea and would love to see your pictures! It's so much fun sharing how you're using items, and it's always nice seeing that people enjoy what you've given them.

I got sidetracked and forgot what I wanted to add. :)

If you share the build on the Exchange, it gives you a list of all the store items used. I then take that list and use it to know who to thank for which items (and what I need to take screen shots of). So almost anything I share on here in a thank you note will be available on the exchange. (Almost anything because I did share a picture of the room I built for @Rosemow's challenge and I still haven't built the rest of the house around it.) :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • Options
    what is cc like i know what the letters stand for but like how do you know what is cc and what isnt?
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    JemliaJemlia Posts: 255 Member
    @rionismyname CC is non Ea/Maxis custom content. There are many websites where it is available. You must be careful when using CC though because bad CC can corrupt your game and/or make parts of the game function improperly. If you are using only official store stuff then you don't have what is typically referred to as CC.
  • Options
    ahh awesome thanks @Jemlia then Im good because I only get stuff from Ea/Maxis and origin now that I know that Im going to go play (as soon as launcher opens) and put my house on the exchange
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    @rionismyname, if you are on a PC, you can download a program called Custard, which lets you see what is inside a sims3pack so you can make sure that there isn't anything corrupt in it (and if there is, you can remove that part and keep what you want).
  • Options
    @NyssaLee, thank you so much! I think that is the loveliest venue and I've wanted to build with the pieces since I first saw it. I've been counting the days until it came up on the DD and now I don't have to count anymore!! I can't wait to play with it! <bounces up and down in anticipation>

@Jemlia, I know, right?!? A girl's Victorian style bathing suit would have been fun (and would go perfectly with all the Downton Abbey style stuff already in the game). Thank you, I shall have fun with this. :smiley:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I have to agree with others seing your gifts being used is fantastic.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    what is a sim3pack?
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    what is a sim3pack?

the filetyype as I remember... like if it is a word document.... or a picture (and what type)
    but any one please corect me... if I'm wrong
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »
    what is a sim3pack?

the filetyype as I remember... like if it is a word document.... or a picture (and what type)
    but any one please corect me... if I'm wrong

You're right, @anettesb. @rionismyname, it's just a file name, like .jpg or .exe - each one denotes a type of file, .sims3pack denotes files uses expressly in Sims 3. There are also .package files, which are the files inside the sims3packs. Most mods are .package files, to add them to your game, you have to add a Mods folder (and have a special file in it).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ok thanks @anettesb and @Teegers let me make sure I am understanding right Custard will help me delete unnessesary files that came with the games instalations?
    edited to add link to house I shared its not as good as others but I like it lol http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8644095
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    @rionismyname, Custard will let you take items you downloaded from the Exchange and make sure that there's nothing that shouldn't be in there. For a while, there were a couple items on the exchange that had the settings wrong and they would add themselves to everyone's uploads, so anything you downloaded could have the bugged item. They were caught and stopped, but the doll that @Aaronsims mentioned is one of those items. Once you got it, it was really hard to get rid of.

Custard is based off a program that many of us likely used frequently for Sims 2, when CC was almost a necessity (recoloring items could only be done outside of the game and so many sets didn't completely match). It lets you look inside a .sims3pack file and see what is packaged in that file. Ideally, there should be a .package file and a few image files which may show up as corrupt because they're not the standard image files (the downloads with better pictures on the exchange add their own images to the file instead of using the game-built ones). Image files will likely be .jpg, .jpeg, or .png. Any other .package files that show up as corrupt might be something to question though - especially if it's not something that you recognize.
  • Options
    ok thanks @anettesb and @Teegers let me make sure I am understanding right Custard will help me delete unnessesary files that came with the games instalations?
    edited to add link to house I shared its not as good as others but I like it lol http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8644095

it will help you by telling if there ar attached files to the sim3pack file, and in most cases let you remove it. some times you can't and then it is often very bad)

it does make downloade and instal a longer proces, than with out... but also safer.
    you can also check your own items before uploading, that way spotting if they are corupted/have things attached you didn't inteded to. By doing that you both help thoes that downloade your work and keep an eye on your game.

it is important to note that custard is not perfect, some times some EA items makes a fall positiv (reads as courpted, that goes for some statues from ambition I think) and a few things custard have missed. But it is safer than downloading blindfolded.
  • Options
    ahh thanks @Teegers so its exchange items I see I guess I don't need to worry I don't get anything off the exchange because I prefer creating my own
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    @anettesb... oh so I should get it to check what I upload?
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @anettesb... oh so I should get it to check what I upload?

yes, I would advice that.
    then you can writ custard checked in the decription, and whats in it (or not in it)
    I usally wrott: "CC free, CAP free, custard checked" as the last thing.

• Options
    ahh @anettesb what is CAP?
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    ahh @anettesb what is CAP?

CAP stands for Create A Pateren, and is when you use a pateren made with the tool create a pateren.
    a little like CC but made with an EA tool. I have some in my studio (from before I stoped using them)
    it is not when you do recolor of an ingame pattern

do I make sens

now we schouldn't highjack this thank you thread more I think....
  • Options
    ahh ok i do have patterns i created and yeah Sorry @Teegers
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    ahh ok i do have patterns i created and yeah Sorry @Teegers

and it is nice for people to know if you used them.... I either don't downloade lots with CAP or remove the CAP... mostly the first
    yea sorry @Teegers
  • Options
    @rionismyname, @anettesb, LOL No need for sorrys, I've enjoyed the conversation. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    well thats good :) I'm going in game now to enjoy grandpas grove which im putting in monte vista thanks again for that @Teegers
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    @rionismyname, I'm so glad you're enjoying it! :)