Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#MoodMade - Wedding P8 - FOUR New Homes P9

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Humble Beginnngs is a very nice starter! :) The red and white colour of the exterior of the home is very nice. The front porch is nice. It looks nice how you have used the spandrels, and the open shutter flower box windows look pretty. The yellow flowers are nice sunny touches either sides of the front steps. Nice layout of the interior of the home. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets above the windows. The pears picture is a nice touch on the kitchen wall. The coat stand is homely for sims to see as they enter the home. It is great that the house has an unfurnished spare bedroom as well, for when sims have more money and have children.
    I will look forward to seeing your finished WIP :)
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Thank you Nhicks! It's looking better and better with the landscaping, although my use of MOO in the garden is bumping up the price tag considerably.

Thank you Rosemow! It was important to me that I created a starter home with options for expanding families.

Heads up! The next lot is incoming!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Introducing my first family home...

Moving On

Date Added: 13/02/15

02-13-15_2-36nbspPM_zpsvphm6sti.png

This lot can be found in the 'Family Homes' section of this thread.

Moving On is the ideal home for the expanding family. Comprising of two bedrooms with a large garden area ripe for expansion small families with adore all that Moving On has to offer. Decor and landscaping has purposely been left to a minimum to bring the price of this lot down as much as possible.

Lot Size: 30x20
    Furnished Price: 51,183
    Unfurnished Price: 20,763
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game
    Fun Fact: This house started out as a large one bedroom starter. When I realised there was space I recreated the inside floor plan to include a second bedroom and made the decision to style the home as a mid-range starter for small families.
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #MoodMade #FamilyHome #NoCC

02-13-15_2-39nbspPM-3_zps8ideribg.png

02-13-15_2-39nbspPM_zpsjnehaepu.png

02-13-15_2-38nbspPM-2_zpsxmxsmg1s.png

02-13-15_2-40nbspPM_zps58zhw9o0.png
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Moving on is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice porches! It looks nice how you have used the spandrels there. It looks nice how you have placed the plants and flowers in the corner nook beside the back porch. The layout of the interior of the home is nice. Nice living room tv watching area. Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa there watching tv, and the scenic picture on the wall and the flowers on the coffee table are nice for sims to see whilst relaxing there. Sims will have fun dancing to the stereo music too! It looks nice how you have placed the cabinets in the corner wall of the kitchen. The fruit bowl is a nice homely touch on the dining table. The blue colour scheme of the master bedroom is calming and restful. The mountain scene picture is nice for sims to see as they going to sleep or waking in the mornings. The orange colour scheme of the kids room looks nice.
    It is a nice home for a family :)
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow! I'm really glad that you like 'Moving On' :)

I have another update to share in regards to my current WIP. I have completed the landscaping for the front of the house and I'm currently working on fitting out the back garden with a patio area (complete with a barbeque and birdbath). So far I've spent over 20k on plants! Now that I think about it, I think I've spent more on the landscaping than I have the building itself! Anyway, I hope you all like it! I'm hoping to finish it at some point tomorrow. :)

02-13-15_9-15nbspPM_zpsbashb0mp.png
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    The landscaping of your WIP looks very nice! :) It looks very nice how you have done the pathways! The flowers and plants look very nice how you have placed them! Nice gated entrance to the side area of the build. I will look forward to seeing the finished build :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well it's taken me a few days and quite a lot of headaches. I spent several hours trying to achieve the correct look in the foyer as the columns kept adjusting in height to the friezes outside meaning I had to alter the landing quite a bit. When I loaded up the game this morning all of the terrain paint at the back of the lot had disappeared so I had to redraw it all today. Anyway, it's finally complete. I've put an awful lot of effort into the details with this build, going so far as painting the terrain around each individual fence post in the garden to give a more realistic look. It's certainly the most landscaped build I've ever done and the interior decor has been kept elegant and upmarket throughout. I really wanted to capture (and I hope I have!) that Victorian middle class look. So, without further ado...

The Elizabeth

Date Added: 14/02/15

02-14-15_7-30nbspPM-2_zps2qpn3rjs.png

02-14-15_7-33nbspPM_zpslw7o0zra.png

This lot can be found in the 'Family Homes' section of this thread.

The Elizabeth is my most ambitious build to date. Containing three bedrooms and a large traditional English garden this home has all the space that a small to medium sized family could hope for. No expense has been spared with the landscaping and the interior of the home is decorated to the highest of Victorian standards.

Lot Size: 30x20
    Furnished Price: 186,222
    Unfurnished Price: 82,672
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game
    Fun Fact: The cost of the landscaping on this lot exceeds forty-thousand Simoleons.
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #MoodMade #FamilyHome #NoCC

02-14-15_7-37nbspPM-4_zpsaprpwrsu.png

02-14-15_7-35nbspPM-3_zpsdo9meu0i.png

02-14-15_7-35nbspPM-4_zpsryyhrxfk.png

02-14-15_7-37nbspPM-2_zpsytemkq4l.png

02-14-15_7-36nbspPM-2_zpsje6sto4w.png

02-14-15_7-37nbspPM-3_zpszjeiz1tl.png

02-14-15_7-42nbspPM_zpsmwlpo45u.png
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Elizabeth is a very nice Victorian home! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! The colour of the exterior is nice, and it looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build. Very nice covered over front porch! It looks nice how you have the two sections of steps. I wrote about the front garden landscaping and fencing before but just wanted to say again that it looks very nice! Very nice backyard area of the build! The flowers look very pretty how you have placed them in the corner there, in the side garden, and throughout the outdoors areas! The birdbath is a nice touch there. It is nice that you have placed a seat bench there, for sims to enjoy sitting in the sunshine enjoying the very nice floral surroundings! The outdoors dining area is great! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating them at the dining table in the very nicely landscaped outdoors setting! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks nice how you have curtained the window alcove at the top of the stairs. The brown wall paneling there looks nice. Very nice living room! Nice wall pattern that you have used there. The window arnchairs sitting area is nice. It looks nice how you have angled the armchairs there. Sims will enjoy sitting chatting there with the sunlight coming in. The type of seating and curtains that you have used in the room looks nice and suits well the type of home. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv or having a read of a book from the book case , and enjoy seeing the nice flowers on the coffee table. Nice side wall study desk area for sims to enjoy using the computer at the desk. The pictures on the wall add nice touches in the room. The wall tiling in the kitchen is nice. The colour of it looks nice with the brown cabinets and counters. The hanging pans are a nice kitchen touch on the wall for sims to see when cooking meals. Very nice dining room! The brown wall paneling and the red curtains look very nice together. Sims will enjoy looking outdoors through the windows there at the views whilst eating their meals. The fruit bowl on the table top is nice for sims to see whilst dining. Very nice master bedroom! The red and brown colour scheme of the room and the wall pattern is nice. The clock is a nice homely touch on the bedside table. The type of bed that you have placed there suits the type of home.
    It is a very nice home! The outdoors landscaping is very nice! :)
  • Options
    victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member
    Wow! All these houses are amazing! You're so talented! :D
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Great builds! Gonna follow you on the gallery so I don't miss any!
    ETA I WAS gonna follow you but the gallery says I can't. LOL so I'll just keep an eye on this thread instead. :-)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    I see that you have been busy! Love your new builds. Love the interiors in all the homes. The architecture in 'Moving On' looks great too! :D
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    The Elizabeth is a gorgeous Victorian, lovely interiors, really like your landscaping :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited February 2015
    Your three new additions are very amazing! :D
    *Humble Beginnings - Very nice architecture, furnishing, and great price too!
    *Moving On - Gorgeous architecture, especially with the roofing, your landscaping is very lovely too and wonderful interior. Adding this to my faves.
    *The Elizabeth - Awesome Victorian house with great roofing, lovely landscaping and furnishing. Adding to my faves.
    Gonna love them! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hey everyone! I'm so sorry that I've not been in the thread recently; I went back to work at the start of this week (holidays never last for long enough right?) and my evenings have been largely filled with TV (mostly the UK soap which celebrated it's 30th anniversary on Thursday and concluded a ten month long storyline which had kept us all guessing 'whodunnit?' Anyway, I'm glad to be back and I'm already searching for some great new house plans which I can turn into stunning creations in TS4. I'm also thinking about the types of community lots I would like to build first but I might hold off until GTW is released; I'm sure once it's out I'll be building plenty of businesses and not many homes!

@Rosemow - Thank you as always for your in-depth review of The Elizabeth. I'm very glad that you like the build and I'm particularly pleased that you like the landscaping so much; I was a bit worried I had overdone it!

@Victoriae350 - Thank you! I'm never really considered myself very talented with my TS builds but I'm very pleased that you find I am. Be sure to keep track of this thread and let me know what you think of my future builds! :)

@Kelleygirl - Thank you so much, I'm really pleased that you'd like to follow me on The Gallery and that you will keep tabs on this thread! I'll look into the issues preventing you from following me and if I find a solution I'll be sure to let you know! :)

@Yanti68 - Again, thank you for taking the time to pop into my thread and thank you very much for your kind comments! I'm really pleased that you like the interiors of my builds; I've always worried that my interiors aren't actually very good but it's very reassuring for you to say that they are. :)

@Masajo - Again, thank you for your comments and I'm very glad that you like The Elizabeth and in particular the interiors and landscaping of the build. They were the areas which had me worried (I was ecstatic with house the building itself turned out) so I'm very pleased that you like them.

@RyeCris16 - Thank you very much! I'm glad that you like my builds and in particular that you are adding 'Moving On' and 'The Elizabeth' to your favourites, it means a lot to me! :)

Thank you all so much, your comments are very kind and also very encouraging. I really enjoy building in The Sims series but to know that other people appreciate my efforts makes it all the more worthwhile, thank you very much!

I will hopefully be uploading two lots in the next week (one is already almost complete) and once I have some nice WIP pictures I'll post them for anyone who would like to see them.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    I will look forward to seeing your new build when you have finished it, and it will be great to see the WIP pictures of your other build. :) Enjoy Simming and working on your builds :)
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow, I'll be posting WIP pictures over the weekend. :)

Hey everyone! I'm really sorry that I've not posted any updates recently; I've been very busy with work and I've spent most of my spare time typing things up (for work). Anyway, I just wanted to show you a glimpse of the new frame I'll be using to showcase images from my builds. I'll still post full screenshots when announcing a new build so that you can see a lot of the detail of the build and I'll also link each build on the front page to the post in which it was announced. I'm hoping that this will make the front page of the thread look a lot tidier. Anyway, here it is:

MMElizabeth_zps4x7zfx33.png
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    The way you will be presenting the pictures of your homes in a frame looks very nice :) It looks great!
    I will look forward to seeing your WIP pictures :)
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited February 2015
    The Elizabeth is very beautiful. I 'm glad you got some time away from everyones favorite pass time called work :) I really love your relaxing backyard. Oh and the white picket fence is darling. :)
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    Hello. I take a look at your creations and I must say that all of them are great. I see that you like classic style but you sometimes reach a modern style. Bravo ♥

And sorry for my short and general comment but I'm still learning English and I'm not very good at it yet! So, please forgive me all mistakes I've made :)
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I'm so sorry that I've not been to this thread for such a long time; I've had lots of stuff going on in the real world and I haven't had much time for Simming. :( I'm back now and planning to start my builds again (once I can get over this bout of builder's block) and I would just like to thank you all for your kind words regarding my lots.

Now, business. I want to start filling up Newcrest but I am having MAJOR trouble finding inspiration for anything other than houses. Which is a tad upsetting as what I really want to be building is businesses. I think I will probably end up starting a completely fresh game and demolishing everything from Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Magnolia Promenade so that I have a completely blank canvas in all four 'worlds' (I use the term loosely). That way I can build exactly what I want just where I want it (I think a lot of my trouble is that I just can't imagine Newcrest housing anything other than residential lots; none of it seems aimed at commercial buildings). Once I've started work and I have some WIP images to share I'll post them here. It's good to be back! :smiley:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow! I look forward to sharing more of my creations with you all!

I have my first WIP image up now! It's a retail store which is housed in Willow Creek (along the street where the gym etc are).

07-02-15_2-23nbspPM_zpsertiofhb.png
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Your WIP of the retail store is very nice! :) It looks great how the entrance area is on an angle. The flower box windows look very nice! The awnings are nice touches over the lower level windows. It looks nice how you have placed the bay window on the top corner angled wall.
    Enjoy working on your build! :)
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow! I have been working on the lot and updated the exterior. I have added street lamps, planters, changed the pillars, and updated the awnings to a blue colour. I have also begun work on the interior. The building will house a premium clothes store.

07-03-15_8-01nbspPM_zps3x4bjjww.png

07-04-15_7-20nbspPM_zpsiaveoi3l.png
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Your WIP is continuing to look very nice! :) The hanging flower basket street lamps add a nice look to the build and the plants look nice either sides of the front entrance area. The signage is a nice touch on the front exterior. It is great that it will be a clothes store.