Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#MoodMade - Wedding P8 - FOUR New Homes P9

Comments

• Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Very wonderful starters! :smiley:
    Can't choose which one is my favorite, but I really like your Cabin In The Woods, so cozy and warm! I like that rustic feel! :)

I also noticed you finished your 4Sims4 build! On The Rocks looks very great and breezy! :smiley: Good luck in the challenge! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Your starters look so great, I love Buttercup Cottage! :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Beautiful starters! Love the adorable designs of the home. :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Bookmarked

You have some really pretty little homes <3

Do you use any of these in the free world?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    On The Rocks is a beautiful coastal home, great choice of exterior finishes and lovely interior design. Wish we had more beach style décor too as I love this theme :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Hey everyone! I am SO sorry for the delay in replying here. I have been so busy with work (training up for a managerial position) that I've had very little time for anything else. However, I am here now and I have an update so far as my builds are concerned. Firstly however I need to address the messages which I have thus far failed to reply to.

@RyeCris16 - Thank you very much! Cabin in the Woods has certainly proven to be a popular build, amassing more downloads than any of my other builds! You're clearly not alone in enjoying that rustic feel. :smiley: Unfortunately I was unable to complete my entry for the contest and so On The Rocks was not officially entered. As such I will likely be pulling it from The Gallery to make some edits and re-posting it once we have some real beach lots available (Get Together here I come!).

@vethesims - Thank you! I am pleased that you like my stater builds. Buttercup Cottage has certainly proven more popular than I expected, I'm glad you like it!

@yanti68 - Thank you! I am glad that you too like my starter homes.

@marcel21 - Thank you for your comments and also for bookmarking the thread! It pleases me greatly that you like my builds, especially enough to bookmark the thread! :smiley: I do sometimes use the builds however I spend most of my time in game building new lots. I do find that the starter builds are perfect when I'm starting out with a fresh game though. :smile:

@masajo - Thank you! I'm glad that you like On The Rocks. I too wish there were more beach themed items included within the game. As I have already stated I will be pulling this build from The Gallery for the time being until I can update it with items which better match the theme. I will also be placing it on a larger lot. (I would also LOVE it if we were to get terrain tools in the meantime as there are some crazy things I want to do to this build by manipulating the surrounding terrain!)

Now, on to pastures new. I have finished building starter homes... for now. I've started feeling quite 'spooky' since the release of the new stuff pack and so you can expect some new spooky themed lots in October. I'll also be updating one of my current lots with a spooky theme! There will be more to come within the next couple of weeks. Thank you all again. :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I hope that you will enjoy using the items from Spooky stuff pack in your builds :) I will look forward to seeing them!
    I hope that you are settling well into your new managerial position at work.
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow! I sure am enjoying working on these builds and experimenting with the new items included in Spooky Stuff, it's incredibly useful for one of the builds in particular. Thank you for the good wishes at work, I'm not yet in the role but with the continued training I'm hoping to progress within the next few months. :smile:

Now, did someone say WIP? I'm posting a screenshot of the Victorian build I'm currently working on. It will (hopefully) be quite spooky once it is complete and form part of my Spooky Showcase! If anyone can offer any advice on the colour I would much appreciate it. I'm really not sure what to go with. The brown doesn't seen to look quite right. I'm open to altering the colours of the columns too (currently red) so please, if you have any advice I'll certainly give it a shot! I hope you all like the WIP!

10-10-15_7-30-38nbspPM_zpseem4rla6.png
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    The Victorian WIP home is looking very nice! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! The roofing and the tower look very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the columns in the home. They look nice how they border the windows. Very nice roof covered front porch! The spandrels look nice how you have used them there.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • Options
    Thank you Rosemow! I will continue working on the Victorian home and hopefully it will be up soon.

Now, another day, another WIP! This time I have a haunted home which is based on a real haunted house... Now, when I say that, I don't mean an actual home. I mean a literal, fairground fun haunted house! Here it is:

10-11-15_11-47-33nbspPM_zpsezxs7yeh.png

There's just something I love about this one. Although after spending HOURS trying to perfect the joins on my DIY mansard roof (thanks for that Gurus, would it really hurt you to introduce them before the final pack this time round? (I beg, please!!!)) I am probably obliged to say that. Anyway, make of it what you will. :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Your new Haunted House WIP is looking very nice! :) The mansard roofing looks very great! The front and side porches and the upper side balcony look very nice! The spandrels look nice how you have used them in the build. It is great that you are basing the build on a fairground haunted home.
    Enjoy working on your Halloween builds! :)
  • Options
    Your 2 WIPs looks very promising! Loving the architecture of both the houses. Great job with the roof! :)
  • Options
    Afternoon everyone! My haunted house is coming along quite nicely. I've been careful to draw a fine line between keeping it as a working home and having it as a spooky haunted house. I'd say it's more of a working home with spooky elements thrown in. I think the landscaping around the build is the feature that will really give it the edge it needs to be classed as spooky. @Rosemow and @yanti68 thank you both for commenting here and passing your opinions on the first WIP image I posted. I'm so pleased that you both like the roof as that to me is the defining feature of this build. Now, I have another WIP to share! This time I've taken the image from inside the home where I am currently decorating and trying my best to encompass a spooky feel...

10-15-15_1-54-20nbspPM_zpskvlsrtxy.png

I'm carefully adding small touches (such as the urn on the fireplace) to build up a story for the build. I think it'll be quite nice for anyone downloading the lot to try and find these small additions so that they may build up that picture for themselves.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    The living room in your other WIP looks very nice! :) The colour scheme of the room looks very nice. The wall paneling looks nice, and it looks nice how you have placed the seating in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa warming up in front of the fire. The floral picture on the wall and the flowers on the fire place ledge are pretty sights for sims to see when sitting there. The clock looks homely on the ledge. Very nice armchairs sitting nook for sims to enjoy having a chat or reading a book. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases on the wall there, and have angled the armchairs. The lamp is a nice touch on the table between the chairs.
    The room is very nice :)
  • Options
    Very cosy and welcoming living room! :)
  • Options
    Thank you both @rosemow and @yanti68 ! I am working really hard on the build so that I may upload it tonight; time isn't on my side however and so if it's not up tonight it should definitely be finished tomorrow (I'm off work Tuesday and ready to stay up all night if necessary!). I didn't realise the scope of the build when I started it to be honest. The lot size is the largest I've built on in TS4 so far and it's certainly a challenge to make a haunted Victorian themed manor especially when decor options are so limited (c'mon EA, chuck some more expansions out sharpish!) but I *think* I've managed to capture the feel I wanted. Anyway, I'll tease you a little more before I continue with the bedrooms...

10-18-15_9-07-39nbspPM_zpsvajkawa5.png

10-18-15_9-07-19nbspPM_zpsgsuog8y4.png

10-18-15_9-06-59nbspPM_zpsbubf3aur.png

10-18-15_9-08-05nbspPM_zpskn56kidc.png

Now, I wonder what happened in that attic...?
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    The dining room is very nice! :) The red and brown colour scheme of the room looks very nice and very nice wall paneling. The spooky pictures look great on the wall! The sims will get a surprise when the pictures change whilst they are eating their meals there! The red flowers look very pretty on the side table for the sims to enjoy seeing when dining. The type of curtains look nice in the room. The fruit bowl on the table, the corner nook statue and pedestal and the wall shield banner are great touches in the room. Very nice outdoors garden nook! The hedge arch entrance to the statue area looks nice. The birdbath is a nice touch in the build. It is great that there is an attic in the home! The spider web looks great there!
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Hey everyone! The haunted build is finally complete!

MMBREAK1_zpsa8k8xrkq.png
    Phantom Manor

Date Added: 19/10/15

This lot can be found in the 'Family Homes' section of this thread.

Once a beautiful Victorian home, now abandoned bar it's original... ghoulish inhabitants. Can you decipher all the clues to discover their fates? If choosing this manor as your home you are advised to watch the statue on the pond... don't blink.

MMPMNEWPNG_zpsj8k3jsj8.png

Direct Link
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0CE5223375E811E58A8DF3C5885CD4CE?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=MoodMade&max=25&maxis=false

Lot Size: 40x30 | Furnished Price: 347,018 | Unfurnished Price:
    Bed: 2 | Bath: 3
    Contains Content From The Following Packs:
    The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery:
    #NoCC #Spooky #Haunted #Victorian #FamilyHome #MoodMade
    MMBREAK1_zpsa8k8xrkq.png

I hope you all like it! I'm off for a well earned rest.
    Post edited by Moodbeamy on
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    It is great that you have finished and uploaded your Haunted House build! Phantom Manor is a very nice home! :) I have posted about it whilst it was a WIP so I won't post about the very nice exterior and rooms again, but it is very nice! The roofing is very great! The water fountain, flowers and ballerina statue feature is very nice!
    I hope that you have a restful sleep . Goodnight. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Hey everyone! Firstly, @rosemow thank you for your feedback, as always it is much appreciated. Now, I have another spooky build for the upcoming holiday! Introducing...

MMBREAK1_zpsa8k8xrkq.png
    Blue Velvet Costumes

Date Added: 20/10/15

This lot can be found in the 'Retail Builds' section of this thread.

Blue Velvet Clothing has undergone a seasonally spooky makeover in order to provide the residents of Sim City with all their costume needs. This lot is a remake of my earlier 'Blue Velvet Clothing' store.

MMBVCSPNG_zpsrvg4yqu3.png

Direct Link
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2E50378E775311E58DDD0A3036811548?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=MoodMade&max=25&maxis=false

Lot Size: 40x30 | Furnished Price: 94,064 | Unfurnished Price: 44,394
    Includes Living Quarters: Yes | Includes Furnished Living Quarters: No
    The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff
    #Spooky #Costumes #Retail #Shop #Store #Business #ClothesShop #GTW #NoCC #MoodMade
    MMBREAK1_zpsa8k8xrkq.png

It didn't take me too long to overhaul the existing build but giving it a spooky makeover sure was fun! I hope you all like it!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Your spooky themed makeover of your Blue Velvet Clothing store looks very great! :) The original store was very nice, and the changing of the mannequins to wear the new costumes from spooky stuff pack looks great! The spider webs and spider look great on the walls! The hanging spooky wall lights and the hand wall lights add a great look to the build! It is great that there is an area in the store for sims to enjoy sitting and resting on the spooky themed seating, after they have done the clothing shopping.
    Sims will enjoy visiting the store to buy their new costumes for Halloween and parties! :)
  • Options
    Great job with the haunted house! Love the rich red in the dining area and the garden looks so mysterious and spooky! Fun build! :)
  • Options
    Hey guys! I am so sorry for the late response, I was sure I had replied to you both earlier!

@rosemow - Thank you again for your review of my latest build. It's always nice to read your feedback on my builds. I'm glad that you like the remodel of the clothing store; it just seemed to good an opportunity to waste once Spooky Stuff was released.

@yanti68 - Thank you for your comments about Phantom Manor! I'm especially pleased that I managed the mysterious and spooky feel in the garden; it was an area I worked on for some time to try and capture that particular atmosphere. It was certainly fun to build that much I can say!

I have just uploaded my latest build to The Gallery; not a spooky creation this time, instead an Oasis Springs starter! I'll be posting the usual info here once I have it ready.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Okay everyone, introducing...

MMBREAK2_zpsc2zoagai.png
    Simply Modern

Date Added: 25/10/15

This lot can be found in the 'Starter Homes' section of this thread.

This modern starter is the perfect home for that high flying solo Sim.

MMSMPNG_zps31jimyby.png

Direct Link
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/131785347B4211E586F327A1C5B257BF?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=MoodMade&max=25&maxis=false

Lot Size: 20x15 | Furnished Price: 44,072 | Unfurnished Price: 14,622
    Bed: 1 | Bath: 1
    The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 Patio Stuff
    #MoodMade #NoCC #Starter #StarterHome
    MMBREAK2_zpsc2zoagai.png

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this build. I think I'll be doing quite a few modern homes in the coming weeks; it's most definitely a break away from my usual comfort zone.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Simply Modern is a very nice home ! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice roofing and the stone texture of the exterior is nice. It looks nice how the pillar is used at the front of the home. The windows look great how they are placed in the build, creating a very nice light filled home, where sims can enjoy looking out at the outdoors views whilst indoors. Very nice sofa seat siting area for sims to relax there, read a book from the bookshelf and enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows. They will enjoy the restful sight of looking at the fish in the aquarium. The green and brown colour scheme of the interior looks nice. Very nice design of the kitchen. The cabinets look nice how they are placed around the blinds. The island bar stool counter looks great. The wooden texture of the bedhead wall gives a calming feel to the bedroom.
    The home is very nice :)