Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    ChikamoriSelfacyReboot_banner.png

Generation One

Chapter Five

A Day of Respite (Part Seven)

Screenshot-368.jpg
    Little did she know that he had just turned at the corner of the street they lived on and would be walking from the corner.

Oak Grove Street

Screenshot-376.jpg
    Haruo walked quickly down the street as he approached the triplex. He hoped to slip into his room without anyone noticing.

As he got closer to his door he saw River poke her head out the door of her family's third of the triplex, "Haruo, I'm going to head down to the art supply store, do you want to come with me?"
    Screenshot-392.jpg
    "I'd love to but I have to put something in my room. Can you wait a few minutes and I'll go with you." He replied as he headed towards his door.
    Screenshot-380.jpg
    "Sure, I will..." River said waggling her fingers at him. "Honey, maybe we can go get something to eat at Hogan's too."
    Screenshot-383.jpg
    "Hopefully cranial-hindquarter inversion isn't working there today." Haruo muttered.
    Screenshot-380.jpg
    "I heard from Molly that he's under work probation. If he mucks up one more time he's going to get fired." She smirked.
    Screenshot-386.jpg
    Haruo growled, "It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." He hoped that he wouldn't have to have another showdown with Jared Frio. He didn't like having to fight but if challenged, he would with no quarter given.
    Screenshot-390.jpg
    "Go on in and drop off what you needed to, hon," River told him so he headed upstairs.
    Screenshot-317.jpg
    Screenshot-327.jpg
    "Just exactly where were you this morning?" Haruo groaned as a strident tone permeated his eardrums. "What have I told you about not saying anything about where you were going? You were probably out blowing money on arcade games, weren't you? That is an irresponsible thing to do. What do you plan to do when you have to go to university? Did you even bother to think of that? Are you incompetent?"
    Screenshot-333.jpg
    "For flark sakes..." Haruo muttered under his breath as he tucked the engagement ring under several layers of t-shirts and shut the drawer. He was beyond caring about what his mother thought of him. She had made it clear that she had never respected him. "Look, I had something really important to do!" Haruo shot his mother a sharp drop-it look.
    Screenshot-336.jpg
    "What are you looking at me like that for? I'm just concerned that you don't seem to do anything but waste money on that little tramp next door when you should be more concerned about your education."
    Screenshot-330.jpg
    Screenshot-337.jpg
    "Enough! Mother! I'm busy and I have somewhere else to go today. Now shelf this until I get home." Haruo snapped, finally fed up.
    Screenshot-339.jpg
    Screenshot-329.jpg
    "You watch your tone, young man! I'm still older than you and I'll give you what-...where do you think you're going?" She looked shocked as Haruo finally just brushed past her.
    Screenshot-343.jpg
    Screenshot-344.jpg
    Screenshot-346.jpg
    "Out!" Was his brief snipped reply. "Don't bother waiting up!"
    Mayumi_screeching.png
    Mayumi could only stand there gaping like a fish out of water vibrating with self-important, indignant outrage. "YASUBO!"
    Screenshot-401.jpg
    Screenshot-406.jpg
    Yasunobu rolled his eyes, "Kare o oshi sugita...(you pushed him too far) dorehodo hisan'na koto suru ka. So'nani oshitara kare okoru yo. (How miserable are you going to make him? You push him so much and naturally he will get angry)." He shook his head. kanojo o sarubekidatta. (I should have left her). Haruo mo tsurete ikubekidatta (And I should have taken Haruo with me too). He turned to go down the elevator to see his son. Maybe he could slip him §50 on Haruo's way out the door.
    Screenshot-412.jpg
    "Hoi, Haruo kun..." he hailed his son, “goju doru" he said passing over some money. “Anata futari doka de tabenasai...". He nodded.
    Screenshot-417.jpg
    "Arigato, otosan." His son said and grinned at his father as Yasunobu ruffled his son's hair paternally. "We'll go eat somewhere. Thanks for the fifty." While River's mouth opened in shock, again? His dad was the one who always seemed as though he passed money to his son and in addition River also became the beneficiary of same act and River gave her surrogate dad a hug. Haruo's dad was so much like the father she wished she had.
    Screenshot-423.jpg
    Screenshot-424.jpg
    Yasunobu watched his son's and River's body language and a small smile stole over his face. He quietly nodded as his suspicions were piqued. River and Haruo were certainly standing closer to each other than before. Well Mayumi's plans to make Haruo miserable were in the midst of being thwarted.
    Screenshot-430.jpg
    Toranu tanuki no kawazan'yō: he grinned widely. His wife should know better than to count raccoon dog skins before she'd even bought them. Now all her plans would mean nothing and Yasunobu wouldn't utter a peep. Whatever Haruo was going to do, he hoped that he would do it soon.

(End Chapter 5)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Ryan was still out of it come next morning.Linda decided to wake him up in
    a most unique way.
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    "RISE AND SHINE SLEEPING BEAUTY!" she yelled into the loud speaker.
    Ryan jumped out of bed, nearly falling over himself.

@GraceyManor - well...THAT'S one way to get a sim with a hangover out of bed. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Karritz it’s there now that I repaired my files :) but it wasn’t before

@Nikkei_Simmer :D Probably didn't help his headache.XD
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @Tamijo It's probably late commenting on this already, but I like the skycraper and the Nekudemus Bar and Restaurant. The bar sounds and looks like something I would want in one of my towns. When even buildings has a story to them. :p

@thuggishsplicer I also liked the violin shot.

@Nikkei_Simmer River is looking good and the first picture of the mother made me laugh.

My picture is from yesterdays game:

50839691258_85eba19e62_w.jpg

Oliver Freddy was invited on a date by a sim I did not create, Inge(?) Reppe. If he wants to continue dating her, I will change her name to Inga, because Inge sounds like a mans name. :p

She chose the perfect spot for a date on the hillside between the mental hospital and the trailer park... but atleast the police didn't catch them there!

If this was earlier on in my playing, I would have denied him to date her, because every other sim I did not create annoyed me. But now that almost all of the EA created sims that came with Sunset Valley are either dead or aging and soon to be dying, I'm going to be a little more lenient...

(Part of the mental hospital is in the background, but it's not showing it in full detail.)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited January 2021
    Chapter 6.7 Wild is the Wind

Music
    It was a rainy night between Saturday and Sunday, and we also had rain most of this summer day, but with little wind and fine temperatures it was quite nice anyway. In the afternoon the rain would stop making for a beautiful clear night.

In the morning as usual Steve was up before anyone else, he could not find anyone to play with and took his bike up to Ocean Metro, where we could practise chess. Later he took the metro to see the miniature buildings outside the new Office Tower.

aEPsaKc.jpg

Mother sometimes did some afternoon cleaning and dishes at the Nikodemus, this Sunday Emilia was there with Jimmy Queenland, slow dancing to the jukebox playing Ben Webster’s Over the rainbow.

Mother later told me, I had to investigate. Turned out there was nothing more to it, they were just good friends.

Zu8LDgJ.jpg

The new Metro stop at EdnaMary District quickly turned out to be a popular hangout for both commuters and locals.

This Sunday it was Steve’s friend Marcy Glower-Senior with her mother Gwen. Sofia Grantham-Lord another friend of Steve’s.

Celeste (with the rainbow umbrella) from the Dawson household, one of the new family’s recently moving to the city. Celeste is in the Army, living with her husband Monte (a scientist) at a penthouse apartment in New Town with their two children.

Also, Emilia’s daughter Malissa Kated is here, talking with her boyfriend Thaddeus Osborne-Bell on the cell phone.

Yz0NEeq.jpg

After nightfall Bar & Restaurant Nikodemus changed a lot, now you could buy anything you heart would desire, from suspect persons in front of or behind the bar.

That was exactly the kind of characters mother was here to observe. This late farther was here to protect her, quite a nasty spot in his opinion. The only good thing he could find here, was some instruments on a small stage in the room, but at this point he haven’t seen anyone use them.

AnsGd4Z.jpg

Even the doorman was a convicted criminal, a former bank rubber with known links to the underworld.

Jy002Ay.jpg

END OF CHAPTER 6

Comments

@Karritz: Found time to watch your video (21)
    Like the start with description of water activities, especially because I don’t have this DLC.
    Seeming a bad idea entering that cave – but the outcome was a first kiss and what (at this point) looks like a great start to a romantic “weekend”.
    Oh, and then back to explore the waters next morning, but again it seems like she disapers, don’t really like the water?
    Hmm in general she is often leaving him, not good. Anyway, soon it gets better with united dance and other activities, and finally the dive where they stay together.
    All my worries gone with the ring and everything – a romantic finish as it should be.

@GraceyManor:
    Right, she is ok with his behaviour – after a little revenge with the loudspeaker.

@Nikkei_Simmer. Love that dog, nice to see him again.

@Sprottenham:
    Never too late to comment, we can’t be online 24/7
    Inge is most often a male in Norway and Sweden (as you know of course), but strangely it is always a female name in Denmark, my mother’s (RL) name is Inge Marie.
    Find it a bit confusing sometimes linking you updates to each other. Does “Oliver Freddy” and “Inge Reppe” have a relation to “Aaron” and “Ranveig” in the “CHRONICLES OF SIMBRIA”
    Comments to “SIMBRIA” made at the Stories forum.

@DivaDoodle:
    Amelina … is Aiden's beautiful wife In that case I have probably dumped into her before :D , just hard to keep track of all the sims when aiming to follow many different story’s, guess we all have that issue.

A flock of ducks passing the new Office Tower

GdpGtgJ.jpg
    Post edited by Tamijo on
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Appendix 3.

Road and Metro Map Inner City.

tk4t8zu.jpg

Overview of the 3rd generation.

J8o5j2T.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

72 The Watcher Watches: The Crumplebottom Sisters -Thought Bubbles -

Suddenly the camera pulls me to Bea!
    Ack! what happened?
    g8hoOph.jpg

"Jelly Beans" says Bea.

Are you going to just stick your bottom in the toilet? What's going on? Will that work?
    NyjfAgR.jpg
    aMRanHS.jpg
    Ah good, Bea chooses the shower.
    tiSw2Nm.jpg

Bea, are you sure your are not a bit insane?
    "Not according to my traits watcher"
    hmm ok

Bianca gets some lunch, She fulfilled her wish to woohoo Musa, and she got a new wish to watch the stars with him.
    Bianca, can I take away the wishes you have for Mr. VanGould?
    tKohDb9.jpg

"I will think about it.... Will you keep my sister away from Musa?"
    eUuoX5n.jpg

I try not to interfere. You can keep Bea away from him, If you commit.
    You Were thinking of engagement rings, do you want to ask Musa something?
    "Yes"
    :) ok then!
    Bianca continues "I want to ask Musa to watch the stars and to sleep over again."

Musa tells Belinda he thinks of wedding rings and wedding bells, whenever he thinks or looks at Bianca!
    mUIMDz2.jpg
    fu6DF9A.jpg

''I just feel so attracted to Bianca" Musa tells her.
    "She hit you with the love spell, right?" Belinda asks.
    pmVyIOT.jpg
    "But that was 6 hours ago, those spells don't last that long!'' says Musa.
    ''AND I saw Her thinking of engagement rings! I think she really is into me, maybe even Loves me!" says Musa excitedly.
    Uj7Sqqa.jpg
    VcJa2OV.jpg
    fgzWgDF.jpg
    lUL4baG.jpg

"Well go slow, friend, I have had experience with love spells and commitment-phobic lovers." Belinda shares with him.
    KAUc3WO.jpg
    VW6JurH.jpg
    425yN6A.jpg
    Belinda likes Musa. He's really nice. She wouldn't mind having him as part of the family.

Watcher checks up on Danny. He is studying via TV, about his Creature Robot Breeder job! ;)
    He is already maxed on the skills he needs for the job.
    veNkeeZ.jpg

Bianca has been blasting Watcher constantly, with all her thoughts of teddy bears, wedding rings, engagement rings. She can't actually have wishes against her traits. But Bianca is smart, and knows how to show me what she wants.

Bianca goes to Musa, Watcher watches her to see if she has anymore thoughts not consistent with her traits.
    UlXSFjz.jpg
    tcokBEp.jpg
    cute that he mimics her whisper
    ko0r5ow.jpg
    EsARPmQ.jpg
    7iz48bW.jpg
    bZoJjHV.jpg
    bgtA09m.jpg
    55bwsUq.jpg

Bianca is auto whispering about going steady, again, to Musa. This is what she is trying to show me.
    This is what She wants Watcher to see!
    dolgHal.jpg

The Watcher takes it as a sign. This is not the first time she has whispered this to Musa.
    This is not the first time Musa had whispered this to Bianca, either.
    I let her ask. She can always refuse to do so. And Musa can always say no.
    GJIjOx8.jpg
    16cHO0z.jpg
    4mRrc6C.jpg
    Bianca finds out he is commitment phobic!

But for some reason it stuns them into Happiness!
    HmwMAua.jpg
    NWikMS5.jpg
    Fu2vivw.jpg
    64oKNKc.jpg

Watcher is glad they are so happy! And this 'going steady' will keep Bea from fooling around with Musa.

And will keep Bianca from fooling around with Mr VanGould!

I erase the VanGould wishes, Bianca has Lots for wishes for Musa, we must make room for them! :)

I am behind on posting my updates here, but since it's been slow I didn't want to bombard @emorrill 's awesome thread!
    And then I forgot! :D LOL
  • Options

@Nikkei_Simmer Yasunobu is so nice! I wish he would get rid of his awful wife, he deserves so much better!
    At least I have the peace of mind knowing that Huaro and River will be able to get away! :) Wonderful Update!

@Sprottenham lovely picture! I stretched it to huge, lol, I like to see the expressions! Nice update I hope the date went well! Oliver is a cute teen!

@Tamijo I have the same problem, I need face recognition software in my brain! LOL
    I liked the models of the buildings Steve was looking at!
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    At work so couldn’t comment individually but I’m all caught up again. I’m going to try and start the Bunch story tonight but won’t post until Monday. A younger Christopher and Emily will make an appearance too, but there will be a major difference in them compared to the Langerak save.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Turjan I had to laugh at the car! I dunno I might get a few cans of spray paint and start spraying.

@Sorak4 Is it the whole town she is trying to make immortal? Or just the family?
    Congrats to Ash on owning Bridgeport!

@Avatarit I hope all goes well and you stay healthy and that you can play sims on the weekend.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much!

@Tamijo I like your subway stop. I decided to put a couple in the SI world as it is so large. I have not tested them yet to see how they will work.
    Congrats on the baby girl. Love the name Jasmin!
    I love how you update on the family and seeing what all are up to.
    It's nice they have fun together as the band and making some profit from it too.
    Thanks for commenting on my island pictures.
    Loved that version of Over the Rainbow! I might have to suggest that to my son for the high school kids jazz band to try. hehe, like he listens to him Mom. Sometimes. :grin: He's got a couple of really good sax players.
    I'm glad to see that Robert is going with her to keep an eye on her for danger.
    The bartender's hair!! I love it! He might be the nicest guy in the world but that hair would not want me to meet him in a dark alley!
    Great pics of the ducks!!

@Sprottenham Bummer 'nothing' happened. Go play! :grin:
    I type notes in the comment section and save draft often so I don't lose my notes. I think some people use wordpad to save comments as they read. I do sometimes if I'm busy and won't be able to make them readable and post before I have to go to work.
    Looks like your sim is enjoying the date. :grin: I change sims names frequently if I don't like the game names. :smiley:

@Emily4331 She is very pretty. I like the eyes. You are so talented and have really been learning how to do these things! I'm awed.
    Who would have 'thunk' that using a couple of silk hankies tied together with spaghetti straps would make an outfit! :open_mouth::wink::lol:

@Nikkei_Simmer I enjoyed reading your updates that you posted once you got your cord delivered. I'm saying prayers for the kitty that it learned its lesson and will not be biting cords anymore!
    PIE!! Yummy!
    Awww, I love he is going to give her a ring. She will treasure it always no matter how big or small. It came from the heart and with love.
    Love that Haruo stood up to his mother and didn't back down! :smiley:
    Nice of Dad to donate some money! :grin: Yep, he should have left her and took his son with him. We live, we learn. Shame hindsight is 20/20.

@GraceyManor Love those 'weather' pictures. Gorgeous!
    lol at Ryan having too much fun.
    I'd a left him outside.
    I suppose none of the patrons at the bar knew he was the mayor when he was dancing on the table?
    Thanks for the comments on the pictures. I thought I said on my pictures they were taken on Supernatural Island which is one of Rflong's unfinished worlds. I doubt you would use it since it is not finished. It is a lovely world and I'm enjoying adding venues and rabbit holes to it for a save.
    SP has the caste system which can help control what inactive sims can and cannot do. I'm still learning what changes to make and what changes to NOT make. :grin:
    What a way to wake him up. :grin:
    I hope the patrons at the bar don't spill the goods on him being drunk.
    Reading a book at the festival makes for a very dull girl! yep, that is nice payback for being awakened with a megaphone.
    Outfits change if they are doing something athletic vs everyday stuff. I find it tedious if I don't want them to change. I use MC basic and change the outfit back so they don't have to stop what they are doing and swirl. It changes the outfit right away and no stopping the current action.

@Karritz Congrats on the new episode.

@thuggishsplicer I'm so glad I don't have school to mix with work as well. I don't know how y'all do it. I'm not sure I would have been focused enough. I did work some shifts as an aide while in nursing school and on weekends some, but nothing that was full time and was only occasionally. Plus, I was very young and full of energy back in those days. :grin:
    bummer about the bugs! I had those doppelgangers flooding my supernatural island and had to restart it.
    Sounds like lots of drama going on in your save! :grin:
    I've never done the criminal career with my sims. I do allow it in game, just not with mine. I like how your sim got fired. If I ever do play it I will try to remember missing work=fired. :grin:
    JP is looking pretty buff! :love::heart:

@Sleepstar Bummer about the deaths of the townies, but life goes on.

@Brandontaylor Glad you've had some time to play. Hope all is well. :smiley:

@DivaDoodle I do enjoy reading what your sims are up too! They seem like they are destined to keep you on your toes!
    I'm wondering why Belinda couldn't have a baby as a witch and had to give up her witchiness?
    I see Amelina wearing those white socks (or are those boots?) and I just want to yank them off her. :lol: I guess she is gonna start the newest sim fad!
    Belinda did not look happy that he quit his job. That snarl on her face was hilarious.
    oh my the drama with Musa, Bianca and Bea...or lack of drama.
    Snicker at the partner showing up and Belinda showing her claws!
    I kinda feel sorry for Musa having all those love spells thrown on him.
    Bout time he got the Baby wish!!
    Congrats to Bianca and Musa! Hopefully Bea will leave him alone. :open_mouth:

@MamaSimTee Hi! Nice you are getting time to relax. :smiley: I've looked at WordPress but don't have a clue where to start. Bummer your save messed up. Have fun with the new one.

@wrenstales awww, glad Granny Shue was able to rescue Tabitha.

@Sammycorn1234 Welcome to the thread and congrats on the twins!

• Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    @bekkasan It was once just her family, but ended up being a goal to keep the whole town alive through Ambrosia, and deathflowers for her family... Unless there were people on the wrong side of the house. It was pretty fun to do with aging on since I had to rush a little.

@Karritz Perhaps I should. There's still a lot of room for them to directly pave a path of prosperiety through some neighbourhoods, I would probably drop down a few of their skills though when using traveler just so they don't have it too easy to get started... Namely on my mind is Islo Paradiso or Moonlight falls, theres many ideas yet and I'm still unsure on whether any specific town could do the most.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Think I’ll actually be playing the Langerak family instead tonight, due to less time. I’ll start the Bunch story on my four days off. I’ve done some prep work but still got to get a few things set up. Alicia is starting as a toddler so it’ll focus more on her parents first.
  • Options
    @bekkasan you did I just forgot the name I’m sorry..I usually do my basic also but I didn’t notice her clothes until after I posted my update 😂
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    DivaDoodle wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Yasunobu is so nice! I wish he would get rid of his awful wife, he deserves so much better!
    At least I have the peace of mind knowing that Huaro and River will be able to get away! :) Wonderful Update!

This next update is going to be interesting to try to film (since it has a number of scenes which need pose-player and some set poses) I'm trying to figure out how to set them up.

The Watcher says... "I'm trying to find an appropriate and fitting method to "off" Mayumi..." ~evil grin~ :D

bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I enjoyed reading your updates that you posted once you got your cord delivered. I'm saying prayers for the kitty that it learned its lesson and will not be biting cords anymore!
    PIE!! Yummy!
    Awww, I love he is going to give her a ring. She will treasure it always no matter how big or small. It came from the heart and with love.
    Love that Haruo stood up to his mother and didn't back down! :smiley:
    Nice of Dad to donate some money! :grin: Yep, he should have left her and took his son with him. We live, we learn. Shame hindsight is 20/20.

:D Yeah, I'm so happy to have that cord. I'm seriously thinking about getting a spare too...just in case bad kitty hasn't learned his lesson. At least Superer has quite a stock of them. Much cheaper than getting it from Asus.

♫ Oh, kitty, don't chew on that cord;
    I really don't care you think you are bored.
    Cause if you gnaw; my warning you won't abide,
    Your little furry *** is gonna get fried... ♪ :innocent:

Chapter Six is going to be fun to film (since it's going to have quite a few scenes that require poses.

Yup, there comes a point that Haruo just won't take the abuse from his mother.

There's a discussion that is coming in (I think it's the next chapter that will explain his viewpoint) as of what's going through his head. A lot of the scenes that I film aren't action-oriented, but more to show different emotional reactions based on the text. But as I get into the nitty-gritty of day-to-day life, I'll show the stuff that River and Haruo do too. :innocent: There will be some sections that I put on AO3 (Archive of Our Own) which will have some images...as well as there will be those same sections in more detail in my "blog". :mrgreen:
    Tamijo wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer. Love that dog, nice to see him again.

Franz is always fun to play with; although I don't use the EA Rottweiler, I use LittleV's Rottweiler skin with the cropped tail. I use EA's when I don't want a cropped-tail Rottie. She has a number of great CC skins for dogs and horses. I also play with St. Bernards (I had two big ones when I was growing up. Hard to believe they've been gone now for thirty-five years...sigh - over three decades since I last saw them); and German Shepherds - all bearing Little V's skins.
    @Nikkei_Simmer River is looking good and the first picture of the mother made me laugh.

Hey, Sprottenham, welcome to the thread...and our little cozy group of "Sims-addicted" posters who go happily nuts on playing sims to our hearts' content. :D

My wife has the same "background history" as River, Disappeared Dad and Raised by Single Mom...so I find an affinity for River McIrish... she always ends up looking like this
    River_McIrish.png
    My first inkling as to who she was...was when I first started playing this game in 2017 - (yeah, I came late to the game...since I was doing photography outside the house for most of the years from the time I got married (in 2000) up until fall of 2016 when I ended up with pneumonia) - River came over to my sim's house and wouldn't leave - who's this teenager???

Then...well...she became a favorite part of my games... :D And most of the time I start her as a young adult with Haruo because asides from Bebe Hart, he doesn't usually get along well with anyone else.

So I decided to give her a "make-over"...to show her for what she really could look like. :D
    Screenshot-45.jpg
    or a more toned down River... :D
    Screenshot-93.jpg

I've always liked using that Nightcrawler hair on her because it makes her sooo different from what hair she usually ends up with in the EA game.
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    @Karritz Perhaps I should. There's still a lot of room for them to directly pave a path of prosperiety through some neighbourhoods, I would probably drop down a few of their skills though when using traveler just so they don't have it too easy to get started... Namely on my mind is Islo Paradiso or Moonlight falls, theres many ideas yet and I'm still unsure on whether any specific town could do the most.

@Sorak4 - You could just say that Ash...in her meanderings through alchemy somehow managed to come up with a "Potion of Forgetfulness..." when she wasn't doing her best to outdo the number of times that she turned herself into a gold statue with the Philosopher's stone. Although she tried to increase its potency well...things went awry.

@Brandontaylor - so how's the new place? And the increase in distance traveled to work? You managing OK? Glad you can relax a bit with the Bunch save.

Wife (@Featherbelle) needs me to go with her to Walmart...so I'm probably not going to do much other than filming today. I'm going to try to see if I can get the majority of the stuff filmed today...so that I can start posting another section of update tomorrow.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

It was another busy work week and I couldn't concentrate on writing in the evening as my brain is usually too foggy, so I worked on Supernatural Island off and on and had Jorge and Judy test some of the venues

I had them buy the beach hut near the resort. They were in a very flirty mood with each other.
    50841805368_5f654f09b5_o.jpg

So, I had them run over to the resort, yes another rainbow picture. :grin: I wasn't expecting that. Nice bonus! This is Paradise Resort built by Rflong for the world. It's very nice and I'm looking forward to having a sim run the resort. I have not done that in years. The tower is buried in the basement. :open_mouth: I found lots of amenities in the buildings and outside for the sims to enjoy.
    50842530496_c1caa85fca_o.jpg

These are three VIP rooms set up over the water for the lucky guests to enjoy.
    50842616592_27b096f7e6_o.jpg

I sent them to Cascade Falls a fun park up the hill from the beach. It started sprinkling as they arrived. Jorge was giving Judy some flowers but I panned out for the picture so you can't see. I don't recall who built the venue as the name is not in the description nor on the lot. It does say it was a gift for another simmer. I tried to look it up but search on the exchange is horrible.
    50841805278_b8dc996980_o.jpg

:smirk: The roller coaster works! Jorge was just too funny screaming.
    50842616512_76975e62fa_o.jpg

Jorge flexes his manly muscles for Judy after his girlie screams on the coaster by giving her a ride on the gondola. I did have to turn several of the tracks so the gondola would work properly since several were going in opposite directions. It started raining pretty heavily while on the ride as well as thundering.
    50841805233_3abea9fefd_o.jpg
    50842530256_1cc3ceab03_o.jpg

I let them go on the balloon ride despite the rain. I guess the balloon kept them a little dry.
    50842530241_9587955658_o.jpg

I love the mod that lets them go up much higher than EA did! :smiley:
    50842530221_ae55c5a020_o.jpg

A celebratory drink. Love these animations. The ride ended before they could have more fun on it. :wink:
    50842616357_ac671cedba_o.jpg
    50842530106_aca8ea8453_o.jpg
    50842616297_92bf37f1b7_o.jpg
    50842530041_757814e296_o.jpg

A pretty fishing pond that is well stocked.
    50841804798_37855de458_o.jpg

One of my favorite buildings that Rflong placed. This is called the Hall of Wisdom and is a library. She had the broom arena already placed and I added the vault of antiquity on the lot. It was raining pretty heavy by this time and I was getting some snarky looks from my couple.
    50842529966_3b60b27db1_o.jpg
    50841804718_e098f0b7e4_o.jpg

I let them have some supper but they were too wet to enjoy it. I guess I'm going to have to give my sims umbrella's. I don't mind them using it for the rain, but I don't like them being afraid of the sun. I'll have to see if I can tune that out.
    50842529856_bddb61fdf8_o.jpg

I sent them home and realized I had them buy the house unfurnished. I don't think they were pleased with me. I wasn't planning on saving them at that point anyway. I send them in to test each venue once I have a section finished and I make any changes needed in my edit town save. I want to have a master save with all venues and houses placed before adding other sim families this time.
    50841804603_0143f1a2ac_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan
    I like the rollercoaster.Super cool.
    Hot air balloon is one of my favorite premium content.
    So romantic! <3
  • Options
    So far I’m enjoying tonight’s play session. I’m getting ready to age Dwight up to elder in a minute. Also, I brought back one deceased Sim to the household.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sorak4 wrote: »

If you decide to take them to other worlds, then it doesn't matter which one as you can keep them moving on until they find a world that works.

When I get back to my Oscar's Teen Years videos I'll be sending Oscar and his friends around about 10 or more worlds getting to meet Sims until he finally meets Louise and they get married.

I was originally playing with Oscar and Louise back in 2017, just to test them as I'd recently made them as base game only sims while I was setting up my new computer. Then I got the idea I wanted their children to have more interesting genetics and did a series on Louise with her parents in Riverview. Then I had to do Oscar's childhood which became more complicated.

Louise's childhood and teen years took about 3 or 4 episodes. Oscar's seems to be dragging on. He's finally aged up to teen and has lived in 3 worlds so far. They are all player made worlds, Erewhon, Chocolate Cake Island and Moonfall Island. His friends are a brother and sister Eric and Susanne Koffi. Eric and Susanne are related to dozens of sims who live in my Big Game and the three of them are going to travel around all of the worlds and stay with Eric and Susanne's relatives. It should take a while as I plan for them to stay with Eric and Susanne's relatives so I get a chance to play them as well.

I expect Oscar to meet Louise in Hidden Springs after he ages up to Young Adult. I've already moved her to Hidden Springs. She'll just wait there not aging until Oscar finally decides to go to that world after he splits up with Eric and Susanne. I haven't decided why the travelling trio split up - probably Eric and/or Susanne will marry some sim and want to stay put. So that's why I'm trying to get the 30 Grandchildren Badge series finished. I want to reduce the number of different stories I've got going on YouTube.

Whatever you decide to do will work as you can stay in a world or move on. Just use the computer to change their situation to treat their stay as Vacation or Not to be able to make it where they live permanently.

Happy Simming.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @GraceyManor that's great news.

@Tamijo thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. The third time they went diving I made sure I was controlling Alicia so she wouldn't go straight back up to the top. After a while I controlled Dennis instead and she stayed down there with him. I was getting a bit frustrated with her. I have them on full free will. I tried them with free will turned off but that didn't work either. I like them to do things autonomously as that makes the video a lot livlier but it makes for frustration at times.

@bekkasan thank you. I'm onto the next video now. I've been enjoying your stories and especially liked some of the rainbow screen shots.

It's so hot here now. I could be a lot hotter as it's just on the verge of being uncomfortable.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    "Just peachy..." Ryan said gazing at the newspaper."Let me gues...someone
    posted you at the bar all over the first page?" Linda asked."That they did, and
    titled it "Mayor's wild night out."....so embarrassing." Linda shook her head."maybe
    you'll learn not to do it again."

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Ryan decided to take his dog Sissy to the park.Dog took off to play with the other
    dogs.Linda was busy studying rocks."A girl who stares at a rock, has things on her mind.."
    Ryan commented."Yes there is...I need you to do a favor." "Sure, Linda.What do you need?"

Screenshot-4.jpg
    "I need you to call a council meeting." Ryan gasped."Is there something to be worried
    about?" Linda sighed."There might be, and rather than being under prepared, best to
    prepare." "Are you certain Linda? This could put my chances at reelection in trouble."
    "I wouldn't ask, if I didn't think it necessary." Ryan sighed."Alright, I'll call a meeting tonight."

Screenshot-6.jpg
    The city council gathered around Ryan, trying to ask many questions.
    Some confused, some scared, and some annoyed by being called out.
    "Let's all calm down please.We'll have answers soon." Ryan tried to ease the crowd.

Screenshot-7.jpg
    "Clinton? What are you doing here?" Linda gasped at the sight of her Boss.
    He normally keeps to himself behind closed doors."I heard you decided to come here after
    I told you not to Linda, there is nothing going on here.I'm here to ease everyone's minds."
    "Clinton, you don't..."

Screenshot-14.jpg
    "Linda who is this?" Bryan asked, noticing his guest."This is my boss, Clinton.
    Clinton, this is Ryan, Mayor of Great Bear." "Howdy Mayor.I hope Linda hasn't filled
    your town with nonsense." Clinton said."She has expressed concerns, if that's what
    you mean." Ryan said.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    "Its a bunch of nonsense.I've been watching her samples, and I am 100%
    sure this volcano is no longer active.I don't know why she would fill you with lies.
    Probably just to earn a promotion." "That's pretty strong accusations you throw, Clinton." Ryan
    said, annoyed by the way he spoke of Linda."You might want to back your accusations up." "I apologize,
    it could be the equipment.But I assure you nothing is wrong."

Screenshot-16.jpg
    "Are you serious? You pulled me away from my home for this? I don't think
    I'll vote for Ryan...this is insane."

Screenshot-17.jpg
    "Everyone calm down, it was simply a misunderstanding.You call all go home."
    Ryan turned to talk to Linda, but she had left.Hurt by the accusations thrown at her
    by her boss and the town.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    She decided to go sit at the summit of one of the neighboring mountains.

Screenshot-19.jpg
    "Like I said...someone who stares, must have a lot on her mind." Ryan
    said, joining her on the bench."I'm sure you have things to do, Ryan...Like protecting them
    from "the one who lies" She sighed.

Screenshot-20.jpg
    "If it makes you feel better...I don't think you did anything with ill intent.Perhaps
    you readings were just off." "Maybe I just don't belong doing this." She began doubting herself.

Screenshot-21.jpg
    "Just so you know...I didn't like the way he spoke to you.I was this close
    to knocking his lights out." Linda giggled."Why?" She asked looking up."Because
    even if nothing happens, you cared enough to come here to help."...

Screenshot-22.jpg

Screenshot-23.jpg

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Tamijo Nice pictures as always! I like the.. everything! But especially the miniature building, the subway map and the haircut of the man behind the bar. The torn umbrella is a nice detail, too. Not to mention the birds flying by the tall building.

As for the name Inge, I guess I can keep it for her, I just haven't seen it on a girl/woman before. I'm not going to play this sim, unless Oliver Freddy decides to marry her somewhere down the road. :p

Ah, yes, relationships between all my sims may not be all that clear. Even I find it hard to keep track of everyone sometimes.. I should start to include family trees or "people maps" to my updates in the future.

Oliver Freddy is Ranveigs oldest son. Inge Reppe is someone from school, she apparantly comes from a rich family. Now that would be a good catch for him. ;)

50831781793_1f1e5f2054_w.jpg
    Photo: Aaron and Ranveig at Aarons secret hideout.

Aaron has no relation to any of them (as far as I know), and does not live in Sunset Valley. I have yet to "explore" this character, where he comes from and what he is about. All I know right now is that he lives in a location he wants to keep secret. About his name: Aaron Goth Pammy is an anagram for Gamma Ray Photon, which sounds like it could be related to something a mad man has conjured up in a lab that he shouldn't have...

@DivaDoodle I laughed at Bea randomly setting herself on fire. Bianca looks cute, I need to practice capturing sims expressions like that. :p The date went well, the police didn't come for them! He tried to go for a kiss, but then he couldn't reach her because of routing. The "lot" she had chosen for the date is not a lot I meant for anyone to hang out at, but one I placed only to decorate the surroundings.

@bekkasan I say 'nothing' happened because I am first trying to summarize what has already happened in my sims stories since I started playing. I have some catching up to do, so the story isn't necessarily developing at the moment. Also, I made my story thread in the creative forum to keep my main updates there, instead of telling my story here (it can get cluttered if everyone would do that?). I will treat this thread as one only for minor updates and fun things, a little more social talk and stuff.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    The forum has been a bit slow, I took a little break over the weekend.

@DivaDoodle

I always love reading your updates, so feel free to post whenever you want
    to even if it's slow.
    Oh wow, she's on fire, luckily she knows where the shower is.

@Tamijo

Nice overview, big fmaily.

@bekkasan

you are welcome.

@GraceyManor

Great updates so far.
  • Options
    Ugh...to get all my shots I need...I end up having to run this save over and over again without saving in order to get each of the series of shots I need IN daylight. :rolleyes:

:(:neutral:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    I’ll post my Langerak update tonight after work. I’ve got a four day mini vacation so I’ll have some free time this week.
  • Options

@bekkasan I don't think being a witch prevented the baby wish for Belinda, I think it was Don's bad traits. Soon as he turned into Danny she got the wish. :) I love your beachy pics so much! makes me want to go back to Sunlit Tides! <3 Thank you for showing the hot air balloon pics, so FUN!

@Nikkei_Simmer ''"I'm trying to find an appropriate and fitting method to "off" Mayumi..." ~evil grin~ :D '' :o oooo interesting!!!
    omg your toned down River is So Gorgeous!!! <3

@Sprottenham Oh I know that routing can interfere with smooching! I'm glad the police didn't catch them! Oh you have a story thread?! I will go check it out! awesome!

@Silverofdreams30 OK I will! I keep forgetting!!! I am way behind posting here! Maybe It will be OK if I zip them up in spoilers more!
    They are keeping me on toes! I want out of there to go back to Dante's house! And last night I saw on a community lot one of the teens was acting up, but I couldn't do anything about it! :o So I just used MC to make him go home!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top