Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If We Don't Get Toddlers...

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    what if toddlers come in a patch a week before generations EP is released.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »

What if toddlers were released in the same patch as the two new careers were being released? Wouldn't that be better than waiting for a possible expansion pack, providing that the Teams "vision" for the Sims 4 even includes generational gameplay?

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Sim4MatrixSim4Matrix Posts: 32 Member
    This The Sims 4 reminds me of that Microsoft OS a few years ago….Windows Vista. What ever happen to that? It need more then snot nose kids, it needs everything! :o
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    Without toddlers I will most likely be more inclined to play in Sims 2 and Sims 3 - as i cannot fully enjoy this game with out them. Fact is i don't hate on Sims 4 (I really, really love CAS and Build mode for like the first time ever in a Sims game) - there is a lot that keep me entertained in this game - but I also know not having the toddlers makes me unable to spend the kind of time I used to spend playing Sims 2 or Sims 3. I cannot predict anything about eps - but knowing me i am liable to try at least a few - I just cannot see how i will guess the not having toddlers and not ever engaging in the family play style I so loved the last ten years. Right now i am stuck playing like i did in Sims 1 with no families. I do not care at all for poof babies that poof into child age. Which is sad because i really looked forward to playing with Sims 4 kids. They are so cute - but i just can't bring myself to do it. Out of 8 households just 1 has a child - which I made in CAS because there is no way I want a poof baby. Which I actually think the babies are sort of cute - . Aw well - what more can I say?
    -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    . I do not care at all for poof babies that poof into child age. Which is sad because i really looked forward to playing with Sims 4 kids. They are so cute - but i just can't bring myself to do it. Out of 8 households just 1 has a child - which I made in CAS because there is no way I want a poof baby. -

I think you might have just coined a new phrase. Poof babies. Yeah. It fits.

• Options
    poof babies....Poof babies...Poof Babies.....I like it! ;)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Sim4Matrix wrote: »
    poof babies....Poof babies...Poof Babies.....I like it! ;)

Apart from we don't like them in game, just the perfect name!
  • Options
    WhereAreMahPantsWhereAreMahPants Posts: 31 Member
    "Poof babies" instantly made me think of Fairly OddParents. What do you people have against Poof!? Poof, poof! ^_^
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    'Poof' makes them sound cute. They are awful... rosemary's baby level little things :scream:
  • Options
    > @WhereAreMahPants said:
    > "Poof babies" instantly made me think of Fairly OddParents. What do you people have against Poof!? Poof, poof! ^_^

It's a funny word Poof....Pooof...POOF!
  • Options
    WhereAreMahPantsWhereAreMahPants Posts: 31 Member
    > @nanashi-sims said:
    > 'Poof' makes them sound cute. They are awful... rosemary's baby level little things :scream:

I find them cute. I don't think they're awful. I'm glad they aren't little burrito babies that are left in random places on the floor anymore. The interactions are nice, I actually take the time and watch to appreciate them now (not saying you didn't watch them, just my personal preferences here). Nowhere near "Rosemary's Baby level little things" in my opinion, though you did make me lol.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    Actually I used that term for them in Sims 1 and my first impression when I saw them again in Sims 4 has not changed - and i cannot think of any other name for them seeing they poof into being and then poof into child age like some giant magician is waving a wane to create them. No where can i call Sims 1 or sims 4 babies anything but poof babies.

Nanashi - actually one of the patches sort of made the demon look vanish - now if a patch can make them vanish into a toddler - I would be thrilled.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Cynel1 wrote: »

What if toddlers were released in the same patch as the two new careers were being released? Wouldn't that be better than waiting for a possible expansion pack, providing that the Teams "vision" for the Sims 4 even includes generational gameplay?

I was making a Fair compromise.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Guys, if they release toddlers in an expansion before something like a Seasons EP, wouldn't that mess with other people's games if they didn't buy the EP with toddlers? Like, for example there will be new outerwear clothes for toddlers but I think it might be quite hard for the game to recognize if the player doesn't have toddlers in their game...? Not saying that it's impossible for the game to do that, but it will take more coding and stuff to do that.
    So maybe they're give toddlers for free so that everyone has it so it's easier that way. O.O
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited November 2014
    No...
    The no toddlers is the only thing that's keeping me from buying this game..
    I don't really care about the lack of an open world, I usually stay on my home lot anyways.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2014
    DeKay wrote: »
    Guys, if they release toddlers in an expansion before something like a Seasons EP, wouldn't that mess with other people's games if they didn't buy the EP with toddlers? Like, for example there will be new outerwear clothes for toddlers but I think it might be quite hard for the game to recognize if the player doesn't have toddlers in their game...? Not saying that it's impossible for the game to do that, but it will take more coding and stuff to do that.
    So maybe they're give toddlers for free so that everyone has it so it's easier that way. O.O
    Either that or not at all.
  • Options
    Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    Yes, however I am really sad about toddlers but I enjoy the game nonetheless.