Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If We Don't Get Toddlers...

Comments

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited November 2014
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    But I get it, all I want is for them to cry less. I did think they were annoying in S3. Hopefully there can be a nanny npc for service, not the lousy teenagers that stood all day at the door until the parent sim came. I was afraid my toddler was gonna die so I had to keep using cheats just in case ...

I don't know what they were like in S3, but in S2, there was no way in Tartarus they were going to sleep through the night. What bothered me most about the demands from them was my own RL babies and toddlers did sleep through the night. That's all I want from them, really. Just sleep through the night!

S3 babies were so annoying. Cry for this, cry for that. It's like the developers never had kids lol. Babies are the ones that don't sleep through the night. Toddlers sleep through the whole night (unless they're sick or something). S3 toddlers slept through the entire night. It was just the constant crying that kept bugging me. That, and you couldn't even play them as a life stage.

I don't know about your toddlers, but the ones we took care of collected a bunch of things like rocks and flowers. So I think they can be played as a life stage if they can do things like that. It could give them a helpful boost when they age later on.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited November 2014
    Honestly how could you not want toddlers..I mean look at them!
    Screenshot-54_zpsa8e0fa7a.jpg
    Screenshot-2_zps4000700c.jpg

You forgot to add the pics of them pooping screaming, and throwing tantrums like horrifying little monsters. Truthfully, there's nothing to like about them when they're like that.

Well, that's your opinion..
    Personally I feel sorry for you..

p.s. There is secret to end those little tantrums.. Its called whip there a.🐸🐸🐸🐸! My child would only do it once.

So child abuse . got it

No..no I got when I was little.. and I turned out just fine..
    slapping your child in the face is abuse but A few good swats on the backside is not.. It doesn't cause bleeding or scars..
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member

You forgot to add the pics of them pooping screaming, and throwing tantrums like horrifying little monsters. Truthfully, there's nothing to like about them when they're like that.

p.s. There is secret to end those little tantrums.. Its called whip there a.🐸🐸🐸🐸! My child would only do it once.

So child abuse . got it

slapping your child in the face is abuse but A few good swats on the backside is not.. It doesn't cause bleeding or scars..
    If you say so....
  • Options

So child abuse . got it

If you say so....

I do.. :) Good day :)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014

Mine turned out just fine too. Never had to whoop them. They were never really a pain. My grandson, on the other hand, had collic. He was not a fun baby, but I don't think that's the norm. Kids don't normally scream all the time. Only the monsters do.

@LaAbby S2 toddlers were pretty basic. You could teach them to walk and talk, and they could skill on a few toys, but that was about it. They weren't really whiny or anything. They were generally pretty happy when they were awake, like a normal toddler. They just wouldn't sleep through the dang night. They were extremely draining to all the other sims to the point of bladder, hunger, sleep, etc failures.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options

Mine turned out just fine too. Never had to whoop them. They were never really a pain. My grandson, on the other hand, had collic. He was not a fun baby, but I don't think that's the norm. Kids don't normally scream all the time. Only the monsters do.

@LaAbby S2 toddlers were pretty basic. You could teach them to walk and talk, and they could skill on a few toys, but that was about it. They weren't really whiny or anything. They were generally pretty happy when they were awake, like a normal toddler. They just wouldn't sleep through the dang night. They were extremely draining to all the other sims to the point of bladder, hunger, sleep, etc failures.

Yeah, I agree with you.. The only time I got a spanking was when My older brother was trying to start something. lol :)
    I was the good kid o:)
  • Options

Oh. I have S2, but I never really got too far into it. I'll play it again to get toddlers this time.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Yes, I will. But like others, I will be more selective this time around. If I see that the EPs don't connect and work with each other then I''ll be even more selective.

^^This right here. Another something I will be looking at after several EPs. The disconnection between EPs would burn my hide. :( That is a big disappointment I am not willing to buy again.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Also my biggest disappointment with Sims 3 Pets, there was no interaction with the toddlers, like the pet/toddler didn't recognize each other in the household. I would have taken a nap in the pet bed by the toddlers, but the Developers never found that to be an integral part of adding to Sims 3. Would be even more unhappy if the toddler was treated the same in Sims 4. In that case, leave them out.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    la reponse est oui translation the answer is yes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    Yeah, I'll still play the game. I'll just feel really awkward when they age up from baby to child.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I hate toddlers so yes I will continue to buy it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ...will you continue to buy expansion packs? Will you continue to play Sims 4?

No.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »

No.
    @Cinebar do you even have the game?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

No.
    @Cinebar do you even have the game?

Yes, I have had for several weeks now, about the end of Sept. I think.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Grr. Next post of mine says what I meant to say.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oh. I have S2, but I never really got too far into it. I'll play it again to get toddlers this time.

At this point and from several posts I've read in the past on this forum, everyone has their favourite and there's no waivering from it. You may not enjoy it as much as I did.

To me, however, it was the pinnacle of the Sims. Now. I just enjoy it for the new game it is. I never skipped anything in S2, no matter how annoying it was, but remember, I came from S1. :)

I think your quote messed up and it looks like you are quoting me when you are actually quoting LaAbby
  • Options
    @LaAbby

At this point and from several posts I've read in the past on this forum, everyone has their favourite and there's no waivering from it. You may not enjoy it as much as I did.

To me, however, it was the pinnacle of the Sims. Now. I just enjoy it for the new game it is. I never skipped anything in S2, no matter how annoying it was, but remember, I came from S1. :)

@Cinebar You are absolutely correct. :)

• Options
    @LaAbby

Yeah, I think if I had followed the Sims franchise from 1 to now, I'd probably enjoy S2 since it's going back down memory lane mostly.

But going from S3 to S2, lol ... I do judge a book by it's cover, and the graphics are what I really don't like in the S2. I'm thinking of adding CC skin to make the sims look better instead of all blocky looking. A lot of people like OFB, and it does sound fun so I'm definitely planning to play it. If it's true we're getting an OFB EP for S4, then I want to try the original beforehand. Not that I plan to buy that EP for S4. Need my toddlers first :wink:
  • Options
    Yeah, I think if I had followed the Sims franchise from 1 to now, I'd probably enjoy S2 since it's going back down memory lane mostly.

But going from S3 to S2, lol ... I do judge a book by it's cover, and the graphics are what I really don't like in the S2. I'm thinking of adding CC skin to make the sims look better instead of all blocky looking. A lot of people like OFB, and it does sound fun so I'm definitely planning to play it. If it's true we're getting an OFB EP for S4, then I want to try the original beforehand. Not that I plan to buy that EP for S4. Need my toddlers first :wink:

I have a lot of CC and hacks in S2. I'm not going to lie. The game was not perfect. It actually had the worst faces, eyes, and skins of the lot, IMO. Most of the CC is my own, which is nice. Most hacks are from the community except for a handful that I created on my own. The gameplay is great, but I'm not convinced an S3 player will enjoy it. I actually don't recall any of the sims games being perfect. I still play the Original Sims and Sims 2 from time to time now. I have a lot invested (timewise) in both of those games. S1 also runs great on my Surface Pro and it makes a perfect portable game for me these days.

It's just that what I read from each player from each era, I just can't see an S3 player taking a liking to S2. We're really a different crowd, IMO. Most of it appears to come down to Open Worlds and CASt, and those things simply don't exist in S2. I could be wrong. I don't know, but most people enjoy what they enjoy, and that's pretty much it.
  • Options

I have a lot of CC and hacks in S2. I'm not going to lie. The game was not perfect. It actually had the worst faces, eyes, and skins of the lot, IMO. Most of the CC is my own, which is nice. Most hacks are from the community except for a handful that I created on my own. The gameplay is great, but I'm not convinced an S3 player will enjoy it. I actually don't recall any of the sims games being perfect. I still play the Original Sims and Sims 2 from time to time now. I have a lot invested (timewise) in both of those games. S1 also runs great on my Surface Pro and it makes a perfect portable game for me these days.

It's just that what I read from each player from each era, I just can't see an S3 player taking a liking to S2. We're really a different crowd, IMO. Most of it appears to come down to Open Worlds and CASt, and those things simply don't exist in S2. I could be wrong. I don't know, but most people enjoy what they enjoy, and that's pretty much it.

Yeah, S2 and S3 are really different in those terms .. The thing I really liked about the S2 were the social interactions. I've only played like 5 hours of the game total, so ofc I haven't really explored much to really say anything.

Closed worlds and no CASt don't really bother me. Although because I got the S2 with all it's expansion packs it totally confused me at the start at gameplay.

But yeah, it all comes down to the player (type).
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, S2 and S3 are really different in those terms .. The thing I really liked about the S2 were the social interactions. I've only played like 5 hours of the game total, so ofc I haven't really explored much to really say anything.

Closed worlds and no CASt don't really bother me. Although because I got the S2 with all it's expansion packs it totally confused me at the start at gameplay.

I have a great Downloads folder of just under 7Gs if you're ever interested. I've even fixed all of the botched CC I've found elsewhere and it's categorized because I'm a nerd like that. Do you have all EPs? I'll share it with you if you want. But first of all, I suggest looking at MTS and Pescado's mods to start. It'll take you days, if not months to weed through it all, but there is so much to love in the Mod/CC foray that is the Sims 2, really.

Just FYI: my stuff is all fixed :) *nudge, nudgy, wink, wink*

Just give me a holler if you're ever interested. If you love Farscape, I have some to the most beautiful alien insiminators you could ever come across. So much that you'll want your sims to get abducted!

• Options

I have a great Downloads folder of just under 7Gs if you're ever interested. I've even fixed all of the botched CC I've found elsewhere. Do you have all EPs? I'll share it with you if you want. But first of all, I suggest looking at MTS and Pescado's mods to start. It'll take you days, if not months to weed through it all, but there is so much to love in the Mod/CC foray that is the Sims 2, really.

Just FYI: my stuff is all fixed :) *nudge, nudgy, wink, wink*

Just give me a holler if you're ever interested. If you love Farscape, I have some to the most beautiful alien insiminators you could ever come across. So much that you'll want your sims to get abducted!

LOL, I would really love to see S2 alien abductions. But if you have any cc skin that would be great! That and SP. I'm assuming the families in S2 don't have kids unless you play them?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm assuming the families in S2 don't have kids unless you play them?

Absolutely true. SP was never even a thought in S2. Netiher was real time. When you leave a lot, you return to it exactly as you left it (timewise too).

Except for University. Everything that happens at University happens in real time. Funny that they could incorporate that into one EP but nothing else in the game...
  • Options
    I'm assuming the families in S2 don't have kids unless you play them?

Absolutely true. SP was never even a thought in S2. Netiher was real time. When you leave a lot, you return to it exactly as you left it (timewise too).

Except for University. Everything that happens at University happens in real time. Funny that they could incorporate that into one EP but nothing else in the game...

I will never understand the developers ... I might take a business class just to understand this type of realm better.
    Luckily there are mods for SP. Made the game so much better.