Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If We Don't Get Toddlers...

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I will be sooooooo happy!!!!!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Toddlers are only the tip of the iceberg. :s
    I don't think I will be buying any EPs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yup. I'll continue to buy with discretion. If it's not an EP I'm interested in I won't buy it (I bought everything in the past for the main sims line with the exception of KPST just couldn't go there.) This time out I'm going to be more choosy.

I would like to see toddlers in the game because I know many people want them, not because I would personally want them. But a family oriented EP would bring other things as well so I'd likely get it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Bottom line is EA sold us expensive game that wasn't finished. No matter how you feel about toddlers there are still many other things missing. Now we hear instead of fixing all the issues they would rather you pull out your wallet again so they can sell you another load of empty promises. Nope, I've always supported this company but not anymore. If they want to sell me an EP it at least needs to contain all the missing content and bug fixes. Having to pay to get a complete game is not acceptable really.

I want the other half of my game EA!
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I will buy the ones I am interested in. I don't think I'm going to buy all of them in fear of my game not working well like TS3 did when I bought almost all of the EP's. If they have something I like I'll buy it.
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    Funnily enough similar happened to The Sims 3 back when Generations came out. To think that the base game was missing obvious things like a wedding arch and Generations placed these back in, much to the joy of players.
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    But Generations added to what was already there. All that EP did was to enhance the life stages.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I would like to see toddler's make a return...I didn't play them a whole lot in s3, but I did in 2 and I hope "if" they brought them back they will/would have more interaction to them. But right now? I'm not even playing s4 lol...idk for some reason I just can't get into the game atm #missingsims3
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Toddlers were the tipping point for me.... I'll wait for the game to become what I want to play before forking over any money. I won't wait eagerly like before, I'll wait with raised eyebrows and a 'wait and see' attitude.

Make me want to buy it @EA; Make me excited about this series again- I dare you.

EA didn't implement expansions well in TS3 and if they do the same in TS4, it'll only be partial Expansions. Those eps only covered some areas but don't connect to the rest. It won't matter if they have a family expansion, it'll still only be one little thing unto itself and not carried throughout the series. That's not fun- imo.
  • Options
    kirajmpkirajmp Posts: 385 Member
    Yes. I play families/legacies mostly, and I thought I would miss the toddlers, but I really don't at all. I really like how the child stage was done. I'd rather have other new content first, and I'm really excited about the business EP rumors.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes, I will. But like others, I will be more selective this time around. If I see that the EPs don't connect and work with each other then I''ll be even more selective.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Only if it's an expansion that I like. The only ones i'd 100% buy are OFB, Pets and Seasons. Everything else i'm meh about so they have to win me over on a case by case basis. I wouldn't buy a supernatural, vacation, celebrity style expansion pack at this point. Back in the Sims 2 I was the type of person to just buy everything for the game but now i'm wiser and I know what I want from it more than ever.

I'd be very disheartened if we never got toddlers or family trees. I'd probably end up losing interest in the game fast.
  • Options
    mnopxs2mnopxs2 Posts: 2,119 Member
    Yes, I have never been into toddlers, and aged them up pretty quickly last game, so not terribly missed by me.
    Death.png
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I wouldn't care if they won't add toddlers. I think they cry too much,because they're evil >:)
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    No. I'm not buying anything else from EA. Even if they do add toddlers later on in The Sims 4 run, I wouldn't care to get them, because I would have already moved on. #FormerCustomer
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I bought the game recently and it felt incomplete without Toddlers.

So I refuse to buy anything else until I get Toddlers and am satisfied with them.
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Yes, I will....well except for Pets. I just didn't enjoy pets in TS2 or TS3.

Im the complete opposite to you in regards of Pets , for me they are an integral part of any family , its the expansion I look forward to most in any sims series :)

As for the toddlers , ive always aged them up through that stage so not having them doesnt bother me in the slightest , so yes I will be buying any EP's they bring out regardless
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I'll scream!
    2qvtx8k.gif
  • Options
    PiinkbunniePiinkbunnie Posts: 148 Member
    Not untill the x-packs are on sale then....

I haven´t played TS4 in a long time now. I really want to play, I like the sims.
    When I watch let´s plays on YouTube I always want to return and play... Then I remember all the bugs/glitches...Esp the fact that my sims can´t visit friends/knock on doors (not celling, ground, walls, roof etc)

I hope they fix the game breaking glitches.... If the basegame don´t work, I don´t know about any expansions... If they decide to not add toddlers... Then I am not going to bother... And that´s not to "hate", just that I have always played the sims family oriented, and I don´t enjoy the way the game is right now.
    I see potential. The child stage is fun, the teen stage could need something, but is still fine...
    So if "we" could fill the gap of the new born jumping out of the bassenet at like 7-10 years of age, add a family tree.. Then I would buy....
    If the game stays in this state and no developement on family game play.... Then no
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Toddlers has nothing to do with my decision to buy a EP, I buy ones I like and know that they will add to my gameplay more fun and enjoyment.
  • Options
    SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    I enjoy the sims 4 a lot. But if toddlers don't return, I won't be continuing the series, my game doesn't feel right without them and their absence in the first place was my biggest gripe about the sims 4. They know how much many simmers want toddlers back so to ignore that request would, to me, seem like a great big F-U to its fans from EA.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Of course I'll still play. In my opinion I neglected my sims in sims 3 just because I had to try and raise a toddler. It got kind of annoying.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Honestly how could you not want toddlers..I mean look at them!
    Screenshot-54_zpsa8e0fa7a.jpg
    Screenshot-2_zps4000700c.jpg
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014
    ...will you continue to buy expansion packs? Will you continue to play Sims 4?

Yes. Toddlers wasn't the reason I started playing the game in Sims 1 in the first place.

I'd like them, but it won't be a deal breaker if they never make it to the game, for me.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    For me it depends on the gameplay and what that gameplay details. If I want to quest I have 2 games I already do that in..one is an old MMO and the other is Dragon Age Inquisition (so epic). I don't want to do mini quests in a life stimulator. But I also don't want toddlers in a game that has so much limited gameplay (besides the collect 10 paintings and do this number of this to achieve the next grade or job level).

It really does come down to what type of things they put into expansions, stuff packs, and online Cash Shop. What it does to give the player more to do than repeating what it has now over and over, which is boring. Depends if OFB is fun without all the stupid quests (this game was never an rpg or MMO.. and there are better developers for those types of games).

I am NOT against toddlers and family, just seems silly to add them when all it does is give you a few moments of different before they grow up and have the same limited and repeated things to do.