Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If We Don't Get Toddlers...

...will you continue to buy expansion packs? Will you continue to play Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    Yes. Wasnt really into toddlers.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    No. My first sim has died playing on long and remaining single as a kind of "scout" to find out how it all works. Now I want to play a family and without proper baby/toddler stages that's impossible - I don't like thse life stages much as ther's not much to do apart from a handful of repetitive tasks (not enough time to do the good bits like reading) but they're essential. Atm I'm just building.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member

Toddlers have nothing to do with my decisions to purchase more items. I am basing my decisions on the playability of the items, do they add enough playability to justify the increased loading screens?

I made the mistake in Sims 3 of purchasing everything (including the store) and it resulted in a buggy game that took forever to load. It took me well over an hour just to create a Sim because of all the content I had. I won't be making that mistake again.

I don't miss toddlers, never getting them is not a deal breaker for me but I know it is for others.

Right now, I'm more concerned with the fact that teens are exactly like young adults and it's impossible to tell them apart.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    No, I won't :'(
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    @LokiSimsies : Agreed about teens, also Elders don't look old enough - barely discernible wrinkles and grey hair don't cut it.
  • Options
    EllsElls Posts: 62 Member
    Not sure. I know I certainly won't buy it on release if things haven't changed. I might buy a few expacs down the line.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member

Yes . What will stop me from playing TS4 is getting bored or burnout whichever comes first .If i was THAT upset from not having toddlers i wouldn't have bought the game to begin with .
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    At this point not sure what I will do. My biggest beef is open worlds and CASt which are not coming back. However I miss toddlers. I have a number of families which I am waiting to play but won't until there are toddlers and more family orientated things in the game.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Nope. I won't invest in this series anymoe. I haven't played in a while and have no interest to do so. Even the news of OFB EP possibility didn't excite me. That's a great expansion pack if you have a strong foundation. This game lacks that. However, if I saw them add toddlers, I'd pay attention better to see if I like what they've done. I'd definitely give toddlers and more family play a second chance.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Don't really care about toddlers, I always cheated my way through them in the other games, I just want to be sure that the game will play well before I invest. I invested in TS3 and was re-installing more than I was playing, not doing that again!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I still play both TS3 + TS4 so I don't mind that toddlers are not in both. That said, I don't know yet if I will buy EPs for TS4, need to know what they contain first, and of course I expect them to add in a different way. It's a plus if new worlds will connect with my existing worlds, but I need to know if the new world appeals to me or not.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Couldn't say for myself. TS4 crashes on me way too much to play as of now...

Honestly, all the above issues are enough to convince one to not start at all. But, I digress... It all seems moot to discuss as of now.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited November 2014

For me it depends on what they do add to the game.

Toddlers were never really an age group I was very interested in but I did still get annoyed when it was revealed they were no longer in the game because I had figured they were just a staple to the series at this point. If they're not added in then it won't be the end of the world to me but if the EPs aren't adding content I'm going to use then I'll probably just stick with what I have and leave the EPs.

@LokiSimsies are you me? I made the exact same mistake when it came to TS3, buying EP after EP thinking it'd make the game worth playing to me but it never did. I finally called it quits after Showtime and this time around I'm determined not to fall into the same trap.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited November 2014
    Yes, I will....well except for Pets. I just didn't enjoy pets in TS2 or TS3.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'm not going to rush right out and buy an expansion pack, especially a business-oriented one. I fully expect that everything will be scripted with lots of to-do lists, and requirements for certain kinds of lots, just like the base game is right now. And yes, I expect to see goals in the game like "sell product to x # of customers".

After all, if they can require you to do certain tasks when taking your Sim out on a date or throwing any kind of party, then they can require you to do certain tasks when running your business, too.

That's just the way this game rolls.

PS: Santa please give me a new computer for Christmas so I can play TS2 and TS3 again! Purty please...with sugar on top! :mrgreen:
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2014
    Yes and yes. (Basically for me the game has never been Sims Toddlers, and I aged them up immediately most of the time in Sims 3, so it's actually been years since I played that stage. I want toddlers in this game because I think they'd be better, based on what's already developed, but they're definitely not a deal-breaker for me.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Lynne563Lynne563 Posts: 100 Member
    No I won't.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I didn't buy Sims 4 and if I did I wouldn't fund them further. They just try to see how little they can put in a game and how much they can charge for it. I'm actually done with EA games because none of their new releases even have a good reputation.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I guess everyone knows it's a no from me. And it goes beyond toddlers with me-toddlers is a symptom of the biggest problem with sims4-it's an unfinished base game. I think they need to up their game and finish the base before they start tacking all the extra ep stuff or they will NEVER finish the base game. The same as in sims3 when we didn't make enough fuss about the bugs so instead of addressing them they kept tacking on content without fixes and the bugs stacked making it unplayable for many. That's why expectations were so low for 4 and that's really sad.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited November 2014
    Not toddlers in particular, but like JaciJade said I want more familyplay, more interactions between kids and parents, more playtime activities (that don't require toys and items in general, something simple as playing tag), more teenage-typical stuff. If that is not improved I will not continue to support the game.
  • Options
    MauveeMauvee Posts: 185 Member
    Yes, I will....well except for Pets. I just didn't enjoy pets in TS2 or TS3.

Omg IKR? Pets came out and I was all, "OMG I can finally get a dog in the game like irl.." then 5 minutes later delete the darn thing because it wants too much attention LOL and never played with pets again.
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    Depends on what the other expansions bring, surely?
    I do really miss the toddlers and cannot wait to see when/if they come in how they work with the new multitasking system that The Sims 4 brings. Especially after reading what @SimGuruMax had to say about the technical stuff behind the scenes.
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    StokedSimmerStokedSimmer Posts: 58 Member
    I liked toddlers while we had them but to be perfectly honest, I don't miss them when it comes to actual gameplay. I do miss making cute little kids' rooms though, haha.

So, yeah, I'll probably be buying expansion packs on release, with or without toddlers. I never took Simming seriously with TS3 because I came in so late in the game, so it was just a really fun thing for me to mess around in, because all the stuff was already out. Right now with TS4 I'm just playing in Build-and-Buy Mode and CAS for the most part - when more content is added to the game, I'll be buying it so I can actually get into Simming, with more things to do.

Having toddlers or not having toddlers won't affect my decision. Not having them will probably be a bit more frustrating when I actually get into family gameplay, but not enough to totally turn me off buying expansion and stuff packs. :)
    tumblr_m4lb9nR8lz1qztmnoo1_500.gif

"The city is flying. Okay, the city is FLYING, we're fighting an army of robots...and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." - Hawkeye, becoming self-aware in AOU

Origin ID - Blue_Nikon_007
  • Options
    javadjavad Posts: 161 Member
    edited November 2014
    yes, i'd continue playing, because who cares about those štupid little smelly b@stards!