Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Can We Do To Make Your The Sims 4 Worlds The Best Ever

Comments

• Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    The worlds need to be bigger. More lot options (size etc), more places for lots.
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    edited October 2014
    More lots, please. I like prebuilt houses so I don't necessarily mean empty lots, just many more places for Sims to live.

Along with that, I would like a much greater max population limit. I don't want to worry about Sims disappearing.

Personally I love that the game generates tons of random Sims (or I will love it again once the genetics issue is fixed and the Townies are truly random). So I'd like some system in place that lets the spawning continue without deleting existing Sims. Maybe if the game needs to remove excess population, the excess Sims could be put elsewhere for a while, allowing players to retrieve the ones they want to keep.

I like the current neighborhoods (worlds) a lot. I'd like to see more places for Sims to visit, such as restaurants. I like places with NPC employees that my Sims can meet and befriend.

I don't mind the quick loading screens and do not want them removed if it means a less expandable world and more lag. I'm very happy with how well-thought-out the base game is and hope to see it grow and improve from here.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The worlds are a downgrade, I'm sorry.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Things I would like to see. Less quests for Sims. I have other games and MMOs if I feel the need to quests. The babies are boring and the children to teens are just a hassle to me. I don't want to do quests with Kids and the quests seem a bit overdone to boot.

Different twists to previous expansions like someone mentioned Not just pets add farm life. About time gardening added some livestock to the mix.

I don't really care if the world is open or not, but there needs to be some decent interesting venues, the ones now are rather boring in my honest opinion. Why my Sims never leave home. I also agree with the Open for Business idea maybe mix it in with professions. Oh, to back track, IF you make a pet/farm expansion try not to make the animals so darn needy.

How about some cool wall paper? Have to get mine in CC. How about some patterns in the furniture and furniture that actually matches.
    Pools I can live with or without, I usually use pools for decorations for my rich sims, only used the pools when Seasons came out with floats.

Weather ... sweet sweet weather!

I want more art pictures the ones there now are just... ugh

More terrain paint. Dishwasher, garbage disposal, more trees, flowers, and bushes.

Non stalker friends.

MORE JOB! I rarely play Sims 4 anymore. Even with some great CC, the game becomes boring and repeating. I have to say neighborhoods should not have a load screen. My sims don't visit their neighbors because I don't want to be annoyed with a load screen, I don't care how little the time I have to wait.

I do agree with themeparks, farming (with animals), more interesting venues...

Oh more hair styles (but to a lesser degree)
    More kids stuff like toys and décor.
    And did I mention ........................................MORE JOBS the ones that is there have already gotten boring.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Freedom of choice without cheats.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    To be honest I am pleased how much space is around each house whether it be vacant and or occupied I can load, not send my Sim inside the neighbor's house but just walk around and explore. In that concept it really does seem semi opened. However, I passed many a nice spot I wish I could decorate or change or add objects for my Sims to use. See, I don't use the game to visit neighbors but have several times, I send them near those houses to go exploring. And I feel if Simmers don't see what over on the other side of the map because they only live in one part of the neighborhood they actually miss some very neat spots.

I would like the Devs to give the players a tool in game to edit these places themselves. For instance there is a park like area behind a few houses which it is a huge place, but we can't do anything with it and it only has a few benches and a couple of grills. This one is in Willow Creek near the right side of the map behind a few houses.

I also wish I could actually see the other neighborhoods from my Sim's house. See, when I look out their door I do see beautiful homes and landscaping but it's all décor. I would think I could see the other sections of the world not be open so much but let me see them from my house. I don't know if you can do that or not. Like in TS2 if I look down the street, far off I could see a house for Bella if that makes sense, but in this game it's closed from my view. I would like to have that 'view' at least back in this game.

I would like the game to tell me if a house is occupied or not when I mouse over it whether that's while I am in live mode. All it does right now is say travel to lot or something. Well, I can't remember if a premade Sim actually lives there I would like the name of the family living there to be noted.

I would also like a short cut to playing other houses. Like from the TS2 days, when you just clicked your neighboring lot and the game asked did I want to switch.

I want to be able to build to my hearts desire again. I am very limited with the small vacant lots in this game. I don't necessarily want to bulldoze the lots created by Maxis because they are very nice, but I have no where to build for my own Sims or just to practice building and or just places so I can upload to the gallery. I really enjoy trying to learn new building technics in all these games, and I don't have enough spaces to do that let alone my own Sims I want to place in the game.

I think everyone else has probably expressed what else I would probably want already. Thanks for asking us.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    edited October 2014
    I know that open world is not possible without re-doing the whole game. So I think you guys should expand on the worlds we have know and future worlds. Make our worlds bigger add more neighborhoods and bigger neighborhoods. We also need bigger lots, maybe even bigger than 64x64, so that we could have things like a huge mall in the future or an amusement park/zoo.

We need more community lots to do things like restaurants, stores, grocery stores, spas, dance clubs, and they all should be open and not rabbit holes. Having open career buildings for certain jobs like firefighter or police would be awesome. The world would be much improved with things like beaches and a swimmable ocean. We just need lots more to do and for all ages, adults should have their own lots, teens need their own hangouts separate from adults and not go to places like lounges or bars and the same goes for kids. An arcade would be great for kids and teens and maybe even a comic book store, just more kid and teen friendly places.

Of course weather would be one of the biggest and best ways to make our sims worlds so much better. Sunny days all the time gets boring and weather is and always will be a huge part of life. Please don't make us wait 2-3 years before a seasons/weather expansions comes out.

I really love that we can visit other worlds so easily. I hope that it can be implemented with things like vacation and university so that we have no sub-hoods at all and we can easily just go to them.

I would also add the ability to drive cars and maybe even have some type of public transit.

I also think something that would be great for the worlds to cut down on load screens would be to add the ability for split lot types. We could then make lots that are both residential and community so that people could just walk across the lot to the stores and shops and instead of a load screen. With a downtown area people could live in lofts above the shops and stores and maybe someone who owns a bakery could live above it. I don't know if split lot types are possible or too complicated but they would help cut down on load times.

Their are so many things that can be done to improve the worlds, and these are just some of my thoughts. I can't wait to see what you guys do and thank you so much for taking our feedback into account.
    Post edited by deibreak on
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I Miss water. I want there to be beaches and for the love of Sims give me the option to make ponds. A terrain tool would be nice.

I think it is great that there are Sims everywhere. But what good is that when there is barely anything to do? Give me customizable places to go. Restaurants with lots of interactions related to it including date options.

Open up my neighborhood. Give me more lots in the neighborhood so if I don't want to endure a load screen I don't have to. This would also allow me to build a gym or library in the neighborhood and not be forced to load them. Or I could go to gym, Then pop over to the library and finally the bar without a load screen. More fluent that way.

Allow me to lock my Sims doors.

A family tree and tracking family is must.

Fix the bugs.
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Actually that was something I forgot to complain about in my list: Next time you publish a world, can you make sure to build crappier lots please? Like those pre-built ones in all of the earlier games? I'd prefer if I could bulldoze them without hesitation. You're making this difficult. =D

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    I like to think that expanding the world is as simple as reworking the existing workd map to display additional neighborhoods within each world, and then building the new neighborhood sections.

In the case of willow, another 5 lot business district would rule , 2 more 5 lot residential zones for varying socio-economic groups, and one giant 100x100 lot with plenty of space for a giant mansion, farm, amusement park, or seasonal festival.

Options. More options would make the world better.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I love the two worlds now and I get around a lot easier than in TS3 but I would like a world where you have only venues, clubs and restaurants, malls and movie theaters, things that you can really do things inside of. I did not like the world Midnight Hollow it was too dark, could not see what was going on. I loved the houses in it and often changed them to lighter tones and put them in a different world. I would also like a create a world like in the sims 2 where we could make our own worlds to play in. I would also like to see a farming world and a farmer's market where the produce could be sold. We also need more careers and places for those careers, but would really like to see us be able to enter the places like we can now but more of them. Right now I have made Oasis Springs a venue town and am playing the other with all houses. I play several families at a time and need houses and things for them. After I have been to the venues (by the way the same sims frequent them!) then I am bored with that, so I get the home for 24 hours badge!!!!! Just seems there is not a whole lot to do in the worlds with just 4 venues. I would love a market and even a doctor's office with a career to match and even if just one room is used, you could have the hospital attached to the doctor's office, I think there could be some hilarious outcomes with doctors and patients. I liked the idea that I could do the clinics in the sims 3 and I liked the designer career as I could do over homes and rooms, and the fire department. Those are the kinds of things I would like to have in the game. You could do a school just have one area for the playable area and the rest be just decor. I would also like to actually have a police station with a cell for the criminals that the police pick up. I would love cars and the interactions from the sims 2. This game reminds me so much of TS2 that I would love the things from that game. You could have the restaurants like in TS2 and for a vacation pack I would rather see it like TS2 than like TS3. If we are going to have a spooky theme have graveyards. I also miss the junkyards as you could use the scraps. I guess what I am trying to say is anything interactive that has something to do outside the home would be a plus with me.
  • Options
    willow731willow731 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2014
    Just echoing many others: More places to build homes and venues for our sims. Whether that comes in the form of bigger neighborhoods or more neighborhoods or both, I don't care. I just want more space. Lots of it.

No automatic limit on how many sims can be in the world. I like a huge variety. The number/limit should be an option the user sets based on what their individual computer can handle, and their own preferences.

Family trees. Family trees. Family trees. If the genetics in this game are up to par with the ones in Sims 2, I want to be able to look at the family tree and say "Oh, this girl looks a lot like her great grandmother did!" It gives a sense of continuity and immersion that just isn't there without family trees.

As some upthread have mentioned, I too would love to be able the edit the little neighborhood parks that aren't truly lots.

I love the vibrant colors, but for those who don't, why not implement filters like Simcity13 has? Those are actually quite neat.

ETA: And I do NOT want the game deleting sims, ANY sims, unless *I* say it's okay to do that. If I want them gone, I'll delete them myself!
  • Options
    JustPatriciaJustPatricia Posts: 80 Member
    Yes, yes, yes! Basements. Bring back basements. That's where I'd display all my collections since we no longer have chests that we can put our gems and things in...

OH! Yes, bring back those chests. So I don't have to put all my collectibles in the household inventory.

> @Bagoas77 said:
    > * Add in a suburb with at least one really large lot for those of us who like to build creepy Winchester mansions and/or spread out commune-style;
    > * Bring back basements and spiral staircases.
    > * Add in a haunted forest/park/cave/house that isn't a rabbit-hole for our sims to explore and experience random events and meet random creatures/unusual sims/chupacabra;
    > * Have the "chance cards" to be optional for those of us who don't like them... and for those of use who do like them (me, me, me)... have them to be more in-depth, random, rarely-the-same-one-twice, and consequential;
    > * Give more in-game clues to content (for example, I would've liked for my botanical-oriented sim to have a hunch that he could graft one type of plant to another to create a totally different plant... instead of randomly grafting plants together until something happens or going to a cheat site to find the different grafting options... I hate finding out I've been missing content options years after an expansion comes out);
    > * Edit: If/when cars are re-introduced, give our handy sims the option to pimp our ride... or let us go to the junkyard and put one together from the ground up.
    > * Reserved.
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Thank you for asking us, I do have some ideas/suggestions.

1. If it's possible, I would like to have a build world tool. If that is not feasible, it would be nice to have blank worlds to add to the ones we have now (for now). I wouldn't be a stretch to call the new worlds Willow Creek North, or South Oasis Springs, etc. The added worlds would have blank lots, or preferably, placeable lots with larger sizes. I wouldn't mind fewer lots per neighborhood if the lots in it were larger, say 2-3 lots 50 x 50 or above. I would also like to see similar arrangement for future worlds.
    2. As we get more worlds from expansions or the store, I would like to be able to restrict which townies/NPCs travel between worlds. From manage world, I would like a list of all worlds and be able to allow travelers or not. Right now this is not an issue, but the shear number of townies between 10 worlds will become a problem and it will be even worse if we get things like theme park worlds, time period worlds, and supernatural worlds. All those worlds are fun, but I don't want theme park workers, sims in period costume, and super naturals in my game all the time. I would like my sim to be able to visit these places, with the ability invite sims from other worlds. I would also like this to extend to NPCs.
    3. About the NPCs, I really like that I can edit them as they do show up in some awful outfits, but I would like more control over them. I would like to know what roles they are playing if they are maid, bartender, gardener, etc., and be able to choose my own sims, as well a limit their numbers. I would also like to be able to attach pools of NPCs to specific worlds, as well a have a general pool. This way, theme park workers, super naturals stay where they belong.
    4. I would love to have more things for my sims to do such as sports and dining out. I would also like to go shopping for items not found in build/buy as well as be able to sell produce and crafts.
    5. I am open to a wide variety of world themes, a poll would be nice to get a consensus of most players.
  • Options
    CoroKiwiCoroKiwi Posts: 9 New Member
    I would like to see a new world based on a rural English (or similar) countryside village, and would love to see the Farm theme that was started with Sims3 developed further with larger lots, tractors, the cows and chickens again, but maybe with the addition of more livestock (sheep with harvestable wool, etc) even if we can't have livestock until a pets expansion comes out, we could have horticultural farms, and be able to sell the produce at either a market stall or like in Sims3, at the farm gate.

I'm loving being able to travel between worlds, but would like it to be optional (for those with better computers) to be able to load all 5 (or however many) lots in a section, so that we can visit our immediate neighbours without the load screen.

A nice touch would be different community lots in each world giving us a wider variety of places to visit, rather than say a gym in each world.
  • Options
    JustPatriciaJustPatricia Posts: 80 Member
    > @CoroKiwi said:
    >
    > A nice touch would be different community lots in each world giving us a wider variety of places to visit, rather than say a gym in each world.

Test for EA customer service. Can I quote someone?
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I want to say up front I hope you do not go to completely open world. I like that part the way it is.

--I'd enjoying having a "downtown" world to house all the venues, allowing more space for houses in the existing worlds.
    --Adding an additional residential world would also be nice.
    --A larger variety of venues, with dedicated NPC attendants (bartender, waitstaff, cook, barista, etc.), such as:
    ----A couple of restaurants, maybe (fine dining and more family oriented).
    ----Someone on the board had a great idea for an aquarium venue. It was way too complex to implement as presented, I think, but being able to walk around and look at the fishies would be cool.
    ----A sports park with basketball, tennis, etc.
    ----A coffee shop/bakery

Those are the best ideas I have right now regarding worlds. I'd like to add my voice to those who ask that serious bugs be resolved before new worlds/world-stuff is added. It's such a great game, but there are bugs that have been reported since day 1 that must have very complex solutions, because they have not been fixed yet.

Outside of that, keep doing what you're doing! I love this game.
  • Options
    73silvy7373silvy73 Posts: 36 Member
    First of all, I apologize for my english. I'm italian but I want to post a comment here because in the italian forum this threads doesn't exist. I loved the Sims 2 and I'll buy the 4 as soon as I can.
    I read many forums, discussions and see many youtube video about the new gameplay and I belive the most important things to are two:

-personalize: I love when my sims realize their own product. Painting, tailoring, etc. I loved the sewing machine (to make my own clothes), the clay table (to realize vases, plates and so on), customize size and subject of a paint. I want to be the creator of my own sims world and story as much as possible.

- move sims out of their home: give the possibility (as in the sims 2) to open a business. Bakery to sell my sim's breads; art gallery to expose and sells my paints, restaurants; art tattoo shops, fruit sellers (with the products of my sim's garden). Personally I'd like to have the possibility to open a tea bar and serve cakes and muffins (obviuosly cooked by my sims).
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    While I am whining.... :( sorry guys but this one would make big difference for me and my Sims world...
    Please give us more color diversity with windows and doors. If we don't get a color wheel then please give us more options than white for the doors. I know some of them do but not all. It makes things boring. One should not have to depend on CC for this option. More than 2 carpets would be great too. Allow me to diversify when I build community lots or homes.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited October 2014
    Simguru Azure i had this idea thread about using the public spaces to cut down the load screens if you can please take a look at it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/791786/is-it-possible-this-would-create-an-open-world-feel-in-this-base-game/p1

it wasn't about just increasing the lot size you can keep the 50 by 50 lot. It's more about putting less lots in a neighborhood, and opening the public places to have more activities on them.

Especially if you can do an apartment complex type lots.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited October 2014
    lol wrong thread sorry
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I Really miss being able to choose from a variety of BLANK NEIGHBORHOODS like in sims 2.

That has been one of my main wishes for quite some time. I know sims 3 had create-a-world, but I felt it was too complicated, not user friendly and I Want an easy IN GAME neighborhood tool.

I simply want the blank neighborhood templates. Some FLAT like an urban city, others with hills or valleys. Definitely some desert (Strangetown!!). With or without roads. I want to fix the rest up myself only the way I want it. "Walk bys" or townies are OK, but I HATE when the game populates my town!!!

Let me choose or create my own houses, venues, sims, neighbors, EVERYTHING! thank you.

I also think a more realistic sky, or more realistic unsaturated colors for the various seasons is a good idea.
  • Options
    HenryClarkHenryClark Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Joe_Parkinson76 said:
    >

Good Suggestions
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I am sure this has been mentioned, but since we no longer have open worlds (which is a big set back) they at least need to be bigger. The current ones are extremely small! We also need more lot sizes, and the ability to place more would be nice. We also definitely need more public locations to visit. Hopefully stores, restaurants etc.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    shante090shante090 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm always so scared of posting a comment on the forum but this thread is something I was really looking forward as it allows me to express my thoughts about TS4 (which I love but there are still some annoyances that I'd like to see fixed, hopefully). I won't be very original as probably most (or even all) of them have already been mentioned but I need to list them anyway.

♦ Loading screens within the same neighbourhood are really annoying after some time. I appreciate the fact that more Sims appear on the lot but I really can't stand those loading screens when I want to just visit a Sim that lives next door. So I'd love to see open neighbourhoods - that would be a perfect solution (at least for me). I remember SimGuruGrant saying that it is unlikely to change but "unlikely" doesn't mean "impossible", right? :-P

♦ I also hope that we will be given worlds with varied themes, inspired by different parts of our world. Willow Creek and Oasis Springs are a perfect start.

♦ I'm not sure if this suggestion is right for this thread but... cars really should be brought back. I wouldn't mind them disappearing at the edge of the neighbourhood - just the possibility of having them, getting in and out (with the animations from TS2), having a driveway, seeing a Sim getting on the school bus or a carpool etc would be amazing.

♦ I'd like to be able to edit the public space.

♦ More varied community lots that provide more activities would be awesim too. ;-)

There are also many great ideas posted by other Simmers and gosh... I really hope it will be possible to introduce at least some of them in the game!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top