Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Can We Do To Make Your The Sims 4 Worlds The Best Ever

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I would like it if you could open the neighborhoods. I would like for my Sim to be able to go next door with out a loading screen! It would be nice to go from the gym to the lounge without a loading screen. I do not mind loading screens to go to other neighborhoods. I do not want the open world just open neighborhoods.
    I would really like the new worlds to have different venues such as restaurants, Coffee shops, grocery stores and a kiddy play place would be nice additions. I think it would be nice to have different worlds to have a special venue that is unique to that world.

edited for clarity

This there isn't a good variety of venues right now.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I want to be able to edit public space. Also more worlds please :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    edited October 2014
    I agree with what the majority have said regarding open worlds. Sims 3 was great in that respect - being able to go to the shops or a neighbours house and not worrying about a loading screen.

I miss the customisation that we have in Sims 3 - I loved being able to have furniture and bedding that matched the walls or being able to have whatever coloured walls/floors/furniture/clothes that I wanted to. Even hair and eye colours had more options than we have in the Sims 4. We also seemed to have more landscaping options (trees/plants/shrubs) in Sims 3 too.

Oh I would also like more lots in the two starting worlds. There really aren't many options with where you want to move sims into.

I am happy ghost are back and able to interact with our Sims and that we are getting more careers and pools in the coming months.

I do love being able to pick up rooms and resize, move them wherever I want.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I would like to see larger public areas, and have a world contain one or two more neighborhoods, or at least expand each neighborhood into holding more residential lots than just 5. Since we can travel between worlds, maybe have a world that is devoted specifically to venues, like a Downtown district, that has different themed areas, like a one-stop-world that is full of fun places for Sims to go. I'd love more secret lots and more places for amusement. :D
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Thank you for this thread. I would like a world editor, with at least the amount of features in the Sims 2 version. Adding more neighborhoods per world would also make it better.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Larger empty lots to build on. So we don't have to bulldoze to build on them.
  • NerdTech13NerdTech13 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2014
    I Really Want To See You Guys Make It Available For Us To Go To The City In The Background In Willow Creek That Would Be Awesome.
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    - Bigger worlds
    - Editable worlds / a world creator - in game or more like CAW
    - LOTS to do. Open for Business style shops, actual restaurants, open career venues, a Grocery store!
    - Cars and weather
    - Bigger lots.
    Please ;)
  • VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    Open worlds. With the option to use loading screens for those who need to use them.

Give use back CAST or a color wheel to edit what we want. Option to not use it for those that don't want it.

Story progression. Option to turn off for those that don't want that as well.

Terrain tools that we used to have. Including all the missing lots and building materials.

Venues that actually have something to do in them. This game is lame and boring

Get rid of the linear MMO and give us back our sandbox game.

I would suggest cars but whats the point with all the ridiculous loading screens.

Lighting need fixing among other bugs.
  • petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited October 2014
    In my view, at least for me, Sims 4 worlds will never top Sims 3 worlds simply because of closed world & loading screens & the graphics style. I do think Sims 4 worlds can be improved upon vastly however, so I'd like to provide some feedback, so thank you for the opportunity.

First I'll state what I love about the worlds in the Sims 3: I personally find the open worlds engaging and fun to play in. I love to explore world, visit different venues, see my sims go to work, drive around town and visit the neighbors. I love searching out that perfect lot to build a house on. The graphical balance between cartoony and realism is just right. The worlds have texture, are detailed and are beautiful. They really take you somewhere and enhance your imagination and you lose yourself in The Sims. Sometimes the world Itself inspires an idea for a build of mine. The worlds have an atmosphere and unique characters to suit that world to boot (just as an example, refer to Midnight Hollow, The Sims 3 store team really knocked it out of the park with that one). They come with a story that you are free to expand on, change or make new. The worlds in the Sims 3 also gave you so many options, I love being able to edit lot sizes, modify the vegetation on the landscape and edit the town.

I find that most of this to be lacking with Sims 4 worlds. I hate to visit the neighbors because of the loading screens (if they lived in a different neighborhood, okay, but next door...really?). The worlds are terribly small and there is very little exploring to be done before you bump into a decorative scenery boundary. The worlds are so cartoony and lacking in detail (e.g., the grass, the tree trunks, and my goodness the rocks) that they don't really take me anywhere, I'm just sitting in my room playing a game and well aware of the time. I have a hard time losing myself in the worlds. I find the atmosphere of the worlds lacking somewhat, as they just feel thrown together for me as if not a whole lot of effort and thought went into them (this may not be true, but that is just what it looks like and feels like too me).

The Sims 4 worlds were advertised as semi-open worlds. In my view, they are not this at all. It may look like an open world, but that doesn't matter much, because it functions just like a closed world. Before I got the game I was under the impression that the neighborhoods were open, but you got loading screens to go between neighborhoods. So that was pretty disappointing to find out that this was not the case.

My wants for The Sims 4 echo many others here. I would like to see the elimination of some of these loading screens, make the worlds much bigger (when I first heard that Sims 4 worlds would not be completely open, I thought that this might mean that we would actually get bigger worlds. I did not expect so many loading screens for such a teeny, tiny world), add more venues to visit, have the ability to go to work without the sim simply disappearing, have better more realistic skies along with better texture and detail in the worlds, have the ability to really explore the worlds, more variety of lot sizes and the ability to edit the town/lot sizes. If it is possible in The Sims 4 height differences in terrain would also be lovely.

Thanks!
    Post edited by petalbot on
    sigg.gif

• AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think you can work around this though if you create multipurpose lots. Lots that allow more than one objective on them. Like strip malls, apartment complexes, or even residential areas with business that can be run on them. That way you could take a very large 50 by 50 lot and make it just the only lot loaded. Then take the public squares and just fill them with fun activities for simmers to do.

It can cut down the load screens from being so many to just being from neighborhood to neighborhood. I think what the problem is for me personally is that the closed world system of sims 4 took away a lot of fun play that came with advancing sims 3 to the open world. Like going for long bike rides and jogs, driving around in your car, horse back riding, etc. So these things may never come back with sims 4, than for sure the gameplay will have to really be a step forward in providing new and fun things to do in the system you have now.

I think things that have never been seen and done before would help. Like Zoo's, Aquariums, Strip Malls, Travel to exotic places like Africa, India, South America, etc. I think if dev's lean less towards setting control of the what the player is doing and offer more design towards freedom, players would feel somewhat better about the huge changes with sims 4.
    Post edited by Anavastia on
  • VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    > @TheMomminator said:
    > 2. Actual work places would be good. My sim doesn't go to work. He just sort of disappears off screen. Again this is 2014 and not a casual game built for phones and tablets.

Actually. I believe it was designed for phones and tablets and changed at the last minute. This would explain the limitations of this game engine and why EA have done what they have done. Taken many steps backwards!
  • OmarSPiedraOmarSPiedra Posts: 44 Member
    I would like the ability to add as many custom neighborhoods to existing, future, and custom worlds. That way I could make my world as big as I wanted and not feel cramped. I would also like the ability to choose how large I want each individual neighborhood to be, so that I can have more than five lots (or larger public spaces) in a given neighborhood. Just for those of us who are ambitious when it comes to creating worlds and don't want any limits imposed on us. Anyways, thanks for opening this thread and hearing our feedback. :)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    - Clearly, I'd love an open World but I accept that might not be possible.
    - Story progression i.e. Unplayed sims getting married, having children and progressing in careers independently.
    - Fewer loading screens. Or at least being able to leave a sim at home with a bunch on queued actions and go travelling with another one - I want full control of all my sims wherever they are ideally.
    - Family trees.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited October 2014
    My top wants for future worlds and world development:
    1. More lots, both residential and commercial, and a greater variety of lot sizes. I don't really mind the loading times. I wouldn't mind losing some of them, but if they are going to stay, then worlds should be able to be sized up a good deal without causing a major performance hit.
    2. More activities/commercial venues for your travelling sims. It's just too limited right now. I'd love to see grocery stores, clothing shops, restaurants, bowling alleys, an arcade for the kids, fairgrounds, etc.
    3. Story progression. I have a lot of trouble playing without it. Thankfully, I'm really focused on building right now, and I can wait, but I would like to play eventually! However, the thought of my neighbors just sitting around, aging, and dying without my intervention is discouraging. I don't think SP needs to be on the NRAAS level, but the basics of sims forming relationships, having children, and advancing in various careers should be there without having to mod them in. Our sims should be able to meet and get to know their schoolmates and co-workers too.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • SenpaiSimmerSenpaiSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Things that would be nice to add to the world, even though most of these might have already been said.

1. Lots - Bigger lot sizes, it feels as if all the lots are virtually the same size. Also more venues to choose from, we are limited to basically only five places to venture out to in this world and it makes the game very dull quite rather fast for me personally.

2. Open World - I really do not personally like the loading screens what so ever, or least make it an option to choose open world or loading screens. The world of the sims just feels so lonesome now without open world for me.

3. Story Progression & Family Trees - I personally only want to play my family and not every family in the towns, that is an massive amount of work to make them all have babies, get married, and etc. , Plus I really would love family trees to see my family's linage & legacy.

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here...
  • Numba1simplayaNumba1simplaya Posts: 71 Member
    Can actual story progression be a thing again? Having a neighbourhood which just constantly spawns new sims who never get married, have babies, or ANYTHING is annoying and sad. Worse, when they die they just poof. So within like 100 hours of game play the entire Goth household has ceased to exist and their house is being occupied by some random family.

Also colour wheels. Where the hell did you put the colour wheels?
    My username is the unfortunate result of having created it when I was 11, for The Sims community back in 2002. Honestly I'm probably actually the numba2simplaya. ;)
  • simsimbensimsimben Posts: 96 Member
    Make it so that with each expansion pack, the two worlds expand in new areas to explore and feature stuff for that expansion.
    312zgpx.jpg
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well I understand that the constraint now is that the geographical entity is now the "neighborhood" which is the equivalent of a sims 3 world we would make in CAW. Accepting that is now a fact, I'd like to be able to edit that neighborhood myself, initially just by choosing which items can be plopped into the public spaces, then by being able to choose which fake houses I can plop outside the usable area, and finally by being able to sculpt the terrain, make roads, and design my own backdrop.

Next I would like to be able to draw my own map and arrange where those neighborhoods appear on it. For example I would not place them directly adjacent to each other as they are now, as it breaks immersion when you realise you are seeing (eg) tudor houses when you look in the direction the map showed as (eg) a hood full of modern apartment blocks! So as we can't really see one neighborhood from another, the map should not show them adjacent.

As for the sub-hoods mentioned above, we actually have that already with this design. We just need to be able to pick our own, which we can't right now.
  • KMairee56KMairee56 Posts: 11 New Member
    Oh my glob... I need Toddlers in my sims game. It's killing me. Having the babies turn right into children and it's uugh.
  • 73silvy7373silvy73 Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2014
    < @xxVaynVastxx said:
    Town events; like chess tournaments or a town events idk anything to make my sim leave the house to do something fun. >

This is a very good idea!
    Post edited by 73silvy73 on
  • JustPatriciaJustPatricia Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2014
    Noooooo! PLEEEZ no toddlers. It is such a pleasure not having to go through that stage. I never used to play kids before but now I can tolerate it.

-----
    I really hate that it still says to the left that I'm a new member. I'd think being here since 2009 kinda negates that. I know I don't live here and post all the time but sheesh!
  • AllisasAllisas Posts: 48 Member
    I'd love to have the opportunity to create my own worlds, to see the world in 3D and not as a stylized menu. That's one of the most enjoyable things in The Sims 2. I dream of a possibility to place my own lots, more lots, smaller lots, bigger lots. I really want to be able to decorate my own world, to be in control and to be able to be creative in many different scales..

..and I hope that we'll be able to play the neighborhoods as "open world" without loading screens. At least those of us with enough powerful computers.

Since we can travel between worlds it would really, really benefit the game if we could create our owns and attach them as to our save. I'd love to see a more rural world with farms and forests. <3
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I want everything on what everyone has said in this thread! :smiley:
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    The ability to create our own.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top