Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Can We Do To Make Your The Sims 4 Worlds The Best Ever

Comments

• CriseXCriseX Posts: 88 Member
    VertKiller wrote: »
    Open worlds. With the option to use loading screens for those who need to use them.

As ideal of a solution as this sounds, it is likely quite literally impossible. At least beyond the scope of current 5 lot neighborhoods. Assuming they weren't lying through their teeth, which very well could be the case but I find it unlikely, the current system is configured with a single loaded lot in mind when it comes to everything from the townies to maximum sims on the lot and the neighborhood as well as their AI.

Even to load five lots simultaneously and have all those lots running at once would likely require such a heavy adjustment to many of the games autonomous functions that at that point providing two different options would likely be impossible to maintain side by side for the long run especially with all the different combinations of future expansion packs that will be possible thrown in the mix.

Personally I would prefer that all the lots in the current five lot neighborhoods would be active at once and it seems like the most likely compromise of an open world nature that we might ever get but it is not like it is something trivial for them to do. Thankfully the addition of pools coming next month shows that they are open to working on these limitations of the engine to begin with.
  • JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member
    http://successwithintent.blogspot.com/

In my Sims 4 creation when you try to go up to the beautiful trees they disappear

I happen to love beautiful trees. It sure would be great if you can make it

so that we can go up to the trees in the parks and examine them

I mean, you have to go through the wall of a house for it to disappear

Why not make it that way for the trees in the park?

They disappear much too quickly

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    JSitala_28 wrote: »
    http://successwithintent.blogspot.com/

In my Sims 4 creation when you try to go up to the beautiful trees they disappear

I happen to love beautiful trees. It sure would be great if you can make it

so that we can go up to the trees in the parks and examine them

I mean, you have to go through the wall of a house for it to disappear

Why not make it that way for the trees in the park?

They disappear much too quickly

I agree with this. As a story teller, it's annoying to have things disappear from shots. The reader is wondering what is missing instead of concentrating on the story. They even disappear in camera mode. They do not do that in TS3.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    I would like the worlds to be larger and as open as you can realistically make them. (I know a completely open world might not be possible, but at least open neighbourhoods?) Also as some people before have mentioned, getting more international locations (yes I would love a UK based one, but there are several others that could be cool too, such as Asian themes, maybe even an Australian one etc...) would be wonderful.

I'd love something that feels a bit more like a city than a suburb, both in scale and decoration. Aside from that I agree with the people who asked for more public lot functionality but accept that it'll take some time to get those done. My immediate priority would be a working restaurant that isn't a rabbit hole. Not being able to take a date out to dinner and a movie is strange...

Also I'd rather not see lots that don't really exist as I find that insanely frustrating. I'd rather there be empty countryside around the town than seeing houses I can't get to...
  • JustPatriciaJustPatricia Posts: 80 Member
    Oh! The ability to lock doors again, please. I hate when neighbors come by and just go all through the house. Please return this option as soon as possible. And give me some LIKES on this if you agree. For me, this is a non-negotiable.
    I'd like the ability to adopt children that get taken away from families. I was in a home (the Goth's, whose wife one of my sims knocked up and then married someone else - I know, terrible) and the child was crying incessantly and then got taken away. I saw the warning but I figured if the kid got taken I'd go back home and adopt her. When I went home and chose to adopt, Jolene wasn't available. What happened to that baby? I could have saved her...
    I agree. I also miss the home decorator career and the stylists. I don't care about pets or weather.
    Alorapop wrote: »
    Playable career like in sims 1 would be great. I miss the fashion model one. Owning a business. controllable pets.

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yeah, so feed back on worlds. Thanks for asking. You know I've been very vocal about how much I love this game, if you've been keeping up on the forums, if not? Than, yeah, I love this game and the way our sims act.

But worlds, they are just way, way, way, too small. Really small.

I want to be able to add my own lots again like in the sims 2 and 3.

I want to play around with adding things like neighborhood decorations in the world, like in 2 & 3. More like 2.

I agree that there is too much color, it's too saturated, like 3 was. I think it's killing my graphics card, b/c I'm having trouble again with black screens. I've got an alienware computer, but it is old now, I got it at the end of the year in 2010. So it might just be going anyway. And it may just be a coincidence,

but CK's idea of a saturation slider is good.

Again, thanks for seeking our opinions, it goes a long way to creating good will in the community, in my humble opinion. Thanks!

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    In addition to the things I've already posted, can we have invisible lights back? The houses get so dark inside (not the Sims themselves, that's a graphic card issue). I'm talking about houses with high walls and especially in Willow Creek and with certain windows. You have to put tons of lights just so you can see what's going on in them. Invisible lights making a return would be awesome....that or up the light emission so it's not so dark.
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited October 2014
    One minor thing I've always wanted is to open the shops back up again. TS2 style, I liked shopping for clothes at hand me down type stores and then going to H&M and luxury boutiques with my rich sims, buying the groceries.. or ordering them online. Less rabbit holes. more details in the world, I get it is cartoony style but a little detail would go a long way. also maybe when houses are for sale they have signs in the garden.. I'm a sucker for realism.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Noooooo! PLEEEZ no toddlers. It is such a pleasure not having to go through that stage. I never used to play kids before but now I can tolerate it.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I really hate that it still says to the left that I'm a new member. I'd think being here since 2009 kinda negates that. I know I don't live here and post all the time but sheesh!
    If toddlers are so much of an issue for you I suggest an aging up cheat like in Sims 3 (maybe there is one already? Idk). So once a Sim has become a toddler you can immediately let him age to child state. Wouldn't that be a good compromise for both parties?

This space is for rent.
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Go back and look at what was included in the base games of Sims 1,2 and 3. If this is a series all the things that was cut shouldn't have been cut, but expanded on to make it better. The color is too vibrant, it looks like the animated movie of Shriek or Monsters (sorry). There should be an option to lower the color saturation. The loading screens I really don't like at all. I realize over time after more items are added there will be slower loading times that will be worst than Sims 3 was ( which I never had a problem with). My loading time has gotten slower already. There should be more colors and pattern options for everything.

Open up the world please. I want to explore the world without my momentum being disrupted.

Add more of the base game items that made this game so popular in the beginning, this is why so many are still playing the Sims. I've been play since Sims 1 and have everything Ep and Sp of them all.

What should have been in the base game moving forward
    1. restaurants
    2. swings for kids.
    3. bikes for kids and adults
    4. school buses ( could be school bus driver career) This is Sims 4 and this would be something new
    5. taxi cabs ( could include taxi driver career) This would be something new
    6. Police station (Career)
    7. Fire department (Career)
    8. Schools and school buses ( Schools could include a teaching career) This would be something new
    9. City hall (Career)
    10. Hospitals (Career)
    11. Cars and garages
    12. Terrain tool to make different height lots
    13. Stairs with landings and spiral stairs. It had been asked for in Sims 3 for years, and we finally got then in the end.
    Go back and look at what people were asking for In the Sims 3 forum, that is what they wanted in the game then, and now we have Sims 4 and those are still wants. ( this was not a base game item)
    14. Junkyard for collectors
    15. Graveyard
    16. High chairs would be nice if we had toddlers
    17. Supermarket
    18. Army Base (Career)
    19. Doorbells
    20. Toddlers
    21. World editor
    22. NPC's

Other things could have been added
    1. Stain glass windows
    2. Beauty and tattoo parlor
    3. Consignment store
    4. Doors that lock
    5. Hair and eyelashes and eyebrows that look like hair and not painted clay (sorry)
    6. Oceans
    7. Ethnic clothes
    8. Different teeth shapes that would be included in create a Sim
    9. More empty lots

I know I'm just dreaming, I will settle for a more open world and less loading screens they stop the flow of my game. I think maybe I need a Sims intervention. Can't stop till I get enough. Happy Simming
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Noooooo! PLEEEZ no toddlers. It is such a pleasure not having to go through that stage. I never used to play kids before but now I can tolerate it.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I really hate that it still says to the left that I'm a new member. I'd think being here since 2009 kinda negates that. I know I don't live here and post all the time but sheesh!
    If toddlers are so much of an issue for you I suggest an aging up cheat like in Sims 3 (maybe there is one already? Idk). So once a Sim has become a toddler you can immediately let him age to child state. Wouldn't that be a good compromise for both parties?

You don't even need a cheat. Just take them to the cake early.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />

You don't even need a cheat. Just take them to the cake early.
    Now that's even better. So I don't see a problem here. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • MatriarchMatriarch Posts: 85 Member
    I'd like to see a few date style venues added as well as a wedding spot, the parks are lovely but with the playgrounds my sim looks creepy making out on the bench. It would also be nice to have regions of the world based around other parts of the world.
  • ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    The world is way too small. I like the houses in the background but the Sims have almost nowhere to go. Only a few neighbors and a very few places. The whole thing is just too boring.
    Ok the main point are the emotions, and this part is ok, but there are just too many things missing. The emotions don't compesate what's is not there.
    Here a rather small list:
    1. Edit: At least a little more options everywhere. In CAS, for example, we have that rather limited palette of colours/patterns and many things don't match the others (clothing). Same here for building. The choice is just too limited.
    2. Toddlers: From baby directly to child?!... (no comments)
    3. Worlds: larger and with the possibility to place lots + more lots that make a city looks like a city (cemetery, stores, city hall, cinema, etc).
      • I don't mind the loading screens but the point is that the parts of the city the sims can more/walk are just too tiny.
      • Other worlds.
    4. Building mode: more edit possibilities + cheat "moveobjects on/off"
    5. Family tree!
    6. Other Life States: At least vampires.

There are still lots of other things but I think many are already mentioned here.

Thanks for asking!
    EliRoc
  • Nintendo277Nintendo277 Posts: 304 Member
    I would love to be able to add extensions to existing neighborhoods, so I can add more lots. And the ability to add new blank neighborhoods to the world would be great. I would like to make my world contain neighborhoods that are just venues and neighborhoods that are only residential. I would like to see more venue types: restaurant, cemetery, shopping areas, amusement parks, etc. An in-game world editor would be fun to play around with (adding decorations, shaping the land, moving lots). It would be great if we could enable a Picture-in-Picture screen that shows sims at other lots, with the ability to change focus to sims at other lots (If Joe is at the bar, I can enable PIP to monitor Sam at the house and change focus to check on Carol at the library).
    Origin ID: Ogregames64
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    anywho211 wrote: »
    This entire game needs a do-over. Sorry, that's my honest opinion. There's just too many things missing and too many glitches, bugs, too tiny worlds, and "features" reminiscent of TS1... too many cons vs. pros. it would be fine if it didn't have a '4' after 'The Sims'.
    But no, I still don't mind a few RPG elements. *ducks for cover from both sides of the argument* haha

Maybe not a complete do over. I really like the concept of the game and I fully believe they can build on it. So maybe just a revamp? Revisit? I would be happier if it didn't have genetics issues and aspiration issues. In fact, this was the first time in a Sims game I didn't feel rushed to try to age my Sims up. I wanted to experience EVERYTHING! But then people started reporting bugs that wouldn't let them finish collections, something went weird with the chef career, and then genetics. It's just plain broken right now. The list of things wrong with the game seems to be growing exponentially. If it's going to be best world ever then first, and foremost, it needs to be a working world. That's just that.

I think they need to leave the locked content in the base game but then don't put it in an expansion pack and it should never make a return. Or at least give us the option to unlock it and have it permanently unlocked per save not per house. That's just annoying. We shouldn't have to cheat or download mods for this to be available. For me, it takes away from game play, immersion, and fun.

I don't want this game to be exactly like the Sims 3 with a Sims 4 mask on it. But there are some key elements that are missing from this game. Like dating, dancing, and romantic interactions, more of a reaction to Sims birthdays and deaths, and the ability to customize my world.

• yourloveliftsmeyourloveliftsme Posts: 27 New Member
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for creating this thread! I would love to share my feedback.

1. Bigger worlds. I feel like the current worlds are really small and limited. If there were more community lots, that leaves less room for residential, and vice versa.

2. Bigger neighborhoods. Not only would I like to see bigger worlds, but I'd like to see bigger neighborhoods too. Right now you can have about 3-4 lots per neighborhood and that just feels very small. I would also like the ability to alter the size of lots in neighborhoods. For instance, if I want to make a giant lot smaller so that I can put multiple smaller lots there instead, so that I can have multiple homes.

3. More community lots. I really miss the police station, fire department, school, town hall, book store, spa etc. from the Sims 3, along with the jobs that came with them. I really miss Sims having the option of having normal, every day jobs as well.

4. Seasons! I would love, love, love to see seasons introduced in the near future. I feel like seasons should also be based on the world. I feel like certain worlds should have different climates. For example, Oasis Springs is mostly desert would not experience a change in seasons (I know this because I live in AZ, and we don't have a change of seasons here), but Willow Creek which looks somewhat like the midwest would. It would be neat to also introduce temperature in to the game if possible. For example, cold in the winter and fall and hot in the summer. Sims could dress accordingly depending on the season/weather. Certain worlds that have mild temperatures wouldn't face this problem while worlds that experience snow and four seasons might. Maybe introduce jackets/sweaters in to the game which you can layer on top of shirts.

5. I would like to see commercial lots available where you can actually follow your Sim to work, kind of like Open for Business in the Sims 2.

6. PETS! Please offer this option in the near future, even if it's just cats and dogs. Most people in real life have some type of pet, so it just seems fitting that Sims should too.

7. More worlds! Someone above suggested a farm/country world. That would be so great. I would also love to see a tropical world that is loosely based on somewhere like Florida or Hawaii.

8. Another user suggested removing loading screens per neighborhood. I agree with this. I don't like that there's a loading screen when I simply visit my nextdoor neighbor, yet my Sim can jog freely around the neighborhood without any loading screens.

9. Coffee shops! These have become very popular in recent times, so it would be totally fitting to have one in the game! It could even offer more job opportunities for Sims, such as a job as a barista! It would be a great opportunity for Sims to also have part-time jobs. I would also love to see restaurants. Sims could go there on dates, a night out with their family or friends, or get a job as a chef or waiter.

10. Bring back the family tree, and also allow more descriptions of the relationships between Sims. For example, "sister-in-law", "half-brother/half-sister", et cetera. At least, from what I've noticed, these do not exist in the game. I would also like to see the re-introduction of family trees.

11. Toddlers, please! I miss this life stage so much. The family and relationship building aspect of the game is very important to me and many other players.

12. Shopping. It would be awesome if there were shopping malls or shops in general where Sims can go to purchase items that cannot be obtained in build/buy mode. For example, new clothes, shoes, decorative items for the home, etc. Sims could also obtain jobs in these shopping areas, rather than the role of cashier be filled by NPCs.

13. More emotions and traits. I'd like to see Sims experience guilt or remorse (except for maybe "evil" or "mean" Sims) and other emotions as a result of their actions. For instance, a Sim who cheats on his or her partner would feel guilty. I'd also like to see more traits, and allow the option for Sims to have more than 3 of them. I miss the "brave" trait the most! Yesterday one of my Sims caught on fire, and rather than try to extinguish her, her sister and roommate fled the house!!!

14. Allow your Sims to fill the roles of what would normally be NPCs. For example, allow your Sim to get a job as a mail carrier and actually be able to see them delivering mail in the game. Bring back fire fighters and police officers, and also allow your Sims to fill these type of roles.

15. Add a babysitter, nanny, or daycare to the game. Unless it's some type of glitch in the game, I have yet to find an option to hire a babysitter. My Sim had ababy and couldn't go to work because she didn't have anyone to watch her baby, and her husband also worked. She had a very successful job which she had to quit because there were no other options. Additionally, what happened to Sims getting maternity leave after their babies were born? It would be incredibly helpful if that could be added back in to the game!

16. When creating a family, I'd like the option to start them off as low, medium, or high income. I don't like that Sims start off at the same income.

I am always full of ideas so I'll add more as I think of them!
    @FluorescentSoap I love your idea for cul-de-sacs! I grew up as a child on a cul-de-sac. I would love to see that in the game!! :)
    @LokiSimsies I agree with you about the townies. I would personally like to be able to manage my own townies and see an option where you can turn off the auto-population of townies.
  • DoodleGemDoodleGem Posts: 15 New Member
    No more loading screens between neighbors/houses! Thats really irritating.
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    The game is fine to me. But If at any possibility please give more options to opt out on Open World/Closed.

More options on opting out on careers and goals.

Just more options. :)

Thanks team! <3
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
    edited October 2014
    Also, I think it would be really neat to perhaps introduce some type of banking option in to the game. Teenage Sims who work part-time could have their own accounts to where they could save up money by working part-time to move out on their own once they're grown up and ready to do so. I also think the game should have the option for Sims to finance things, such as expensive furniture, cars (if they're introduced at some point), etc. It would make it much more realistic. For example, rather than Sims paying outright for a house, they could get a mortgage and then the mortgage payment is included in the amount of the bills they pay. I would just like to see money be a little more realistic in the game.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    There are other idea's and uses that can help too. I think people fear not having cars and horses with sims 4 ever again as well. With public spaces being open why not introduce neighborhood and lot types like Race track driving. Or Ranches.

For a long long time simmers have been begging for things, like zoo's amusement parks, and large farms. I think what you can do is use a large lot 50 x 50 and place something like a residential lot for the large farm. Around the farm have things like a petting zoo, barns with animals, horse derby so that simmers can take their horse for training and racing.

Same thing with a race track. Even a zoo can have an administration gate and area for sitting down eating, souvenir shops. All the rest of the space is a public space and there animals roam in certain areas simmers can walk around enjoying the zoo animals. Zoo's are all out doors anyway so i don't see why this would be used on a public space.

I know people would love different themed neighborhoods to travel too. where they don't have to have 5 load screens just to go from business to business. Or home to home. So maybe take it to trying a different setting than the traditional suburb you use. The reason why i pick these themes is that they don't fill out of place if one lot is in the neighborhood like they would if you had them in a urban area or suburb. Even condo's and apartment complexes are huge and have vast area of land around them. So again you can also use this kind of setting as well. it doesn't take away all the load screens but at least it minimal load screens.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top