Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Can We Do To Make Your The Sims 4 Worlds The Best Ever

Comments

• Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I wouldn't mind story progression x) in an ideal world when Sims 4 is settled down I hope it is possible to re-create something like awesome mod or Nraas. [one can dream]
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    > @DerekJohnson said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > An elegant solution.

Thanks! I've been thinking about this alot :smile:
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think the incremental option solution would work for many of the features in game - some people want challenging linear goals, while others want a more story driven open ended approach. I don't see why developers can't make both types of simmers happy. Simply add more options in the world management.
    Let us control the world, the families and the sims as much or as little as we want.
    Gurus keep mentioning trade offs - I would say to that: add more options! Sometimes tradeoffs are not the best solution, but more choices for the simmer is always the best solution.

Example: some simmers want maternity leave, some simmers don't - just one more option would make both sides happy, and it's not that hard to achieve.

Some options would be chosen in the management, others would be chosen in game.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I think the incremental option solution would work for many of the features in game - some people want challenging linear goals, while others want a more story driven open ended approach. I don't see why developers can't make both types of simmers happy. Simply add more options in the world management.<br />
    Let us control the world, the families and the sims as much or as little as we want. <br />
    Gurus keep mentioning trade offs - I would say to that: add more options! Sometimes tradeoffs are not the best solution, but more choices for the simmer is always the best solution.

Some first person shooter gamers like inverted sticks, others don't.

Some MMO gamers are hardcore raiders, others are causal questers.

Some puzzle gamers like stages, others like endless.

Options are where you make the player base happy.
    Being able to toggle things like career restricted items/rooms, or just the repetitive aspects of aspirations & careers would go a long way to making simmers happy.

• Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I don't really care for open world but I totally need Story Progression. My neighbours have such a meaningless life. They aren't having kids or going to work or doing anything a normal being would do.

And as the others said: More Options! I really dislike that I need 20 Mods just to make the game playable in a way I like it. For example allow us to set the length of each age as we see fit. Or enable us to control Townie spawning.

The most important thing is: Fix those known bugs! They are SO tiring and annoying. Especially the bug where the game's time just keeps going but everything else freezes... Sooo annoying.
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    edited October 2014
    - Aesthetics:

* The cartoon skies are bugging me, too (just like the cartoon trees) .. maybe when you add more worlds, add a *little* less saccharine next time around? =) (Alternatively, a "Saccharine level" slider somewhere in Options to accomodate those who like all the pink trees.)

- World editing:

* an in-game tool to move/delete/add in-world objects

* the ability to clone existing worlds/areas and edit them independently of the original (some of that appears to be pretty doable from what I've seen so far, like editing textures; the crucial point seems to be the cloning atm .. @Zerbu probably knows more?)

* ideally a tool for that or some documentation on your process -- maybe it would be possible to make/edit custom worlds with 3rd party tools too, like blender etc

- Moving around:

* No free lunch: "Phone travel" could generate a taxi that (optionally) actually costs simoleons; otherwise sims have to walk (to the edge of their area and then from the edge of the target area to the target lot .. or from lot to lot within their own area)

* the ability for sims to swim in bodies of water

* the ability to travel by bike, boat, car

* the option (for those with powerful enough systems) to load an entire area at once if that would be feasible performance-wise;

* alternatively: less disruptive loading screens -- I liked how this was done in TS3 when going to Map View (if I remember that correctly?); the last frame of the current scene was blurred with that little "loading thingy" in the middle .. it still leaves time for loading, but it makes it look much less like you're being kicked out of the game. To me it would also matter (when visiting a lot in an area that I'm already in) to see sims actually *walk* there. So, click on lot > "Visit" > Sims walk > Blur with "Loading .. " > Unblur with sims in the exact same position as I saw them last, only a different lot active now.

Whatever you do, the white loading screens apparently are a serious issue for migraine sufferers right now (see here if you don't know about it already) - so *something* should be done about this.

- Gameplay:

* The option to disable game-generated sims (except for those that are really crucial, like Grim Reaper)

* The option to load each world in its empty state (so that we don't need to go in and nuke all the buildings manually)

* Customisable venues (most of all, the option to turn off those "requirements" or treat them as recommendations .. if people want a park without a chess set, let them have a park without a chess set and don't dictate what a park must contain)

* The option to move sims to other lots (as in, move house) taking arbitrary objects and funds with them (i.e. the ability to stick furniture and so on in their inventory and an adjustable "Funds" slider/box/thingy on the "Split Household" screen)

* Just in general, more sim-driven gameplay: in my eyes, the current walkby logic is really backwards. It shouldn't be the game that dictates "OK, we're in area X and it's time Y of day Z so we need N sims walking around -- Go!" but the actual sims instead. "We're in area X, where we have 3 houses with 4 sims living in them, so let's see what they could be doing at this time of the day. Two of the neighbours are due for work in half an hour? Let's have them walk by in their work attire. Are there children? Some of them might be using the playground." And so on. Same for venue visitors. The current system is admirably detailed and well done, but unfortunately it has absolutely no connection with *my* game.

* Has the genealogy culling been turned off already?

* Dynamic lot prices? As in, when there's already expensive villas and venues in an area, prices go through the roof; in an area with just small starters, they're more affordable. Sure one can always cheat and so on, but this would make the whole "neighbourhood development" a little more dynamic and interesting.

* Ownable lots and businesses, employable sims (who actually walk (drive, ride ..) through the area to their workplace instead of just randomly walk about)

* Graveyards -- but I'm not sure if that's not actually possible right now anyway, because I haven't had anyone die yet .. since I'm not into ghosts or anything supernatural, I'd hate to be forced to keep graves on my home lots.
    Post edited by pbox on
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    So lets say you could choose how many lots that would load at once, and which ones. For instance, one simmer could choose 10 lots as an open world, and choose which 10 lots (which has to be close together ofcourse) - another simmer would choose 20 lots, with more than one lot type, like bars and gyms and so on, but all of them has to be in a 'chain', or on the same street.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    edited October 2014
    I would like
    -beaches
    -open world
    -no loading screens including when traveling and going to neighbors house. This would tie in with open world.
    -Seasons with rain, snow, sleet, thunderstorms, hail, tornados, etc
    -ability to edit town and add in things like mountains, stoplights, stop signs (which means addition of cars), rainbows, UFOs, hot air balloons, etc.
    -Terrain tool added and ability to add cliffs, flatten terrain, make terrain go underground (basements added with this feature)
    -Burglars, firefighters, repoman
    -Restaurants, school, hospital, bookstore, spa, grocery store, fire station, police station, city hall, etc.
    -More lot sizes (bigger lots)
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Worlds? Let's talk about the numerous bugs you guys still haven't fixed first.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Community lots with actual activities...pool tables, bowling, slow dancing, dining, shopping, family games...and even if this probably isn't the right thread for this, no more mini-games and restrictive scripted gameplay!
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    pbox wrote: »
    * the ability to clone existing worlds/areas and edit them independently of the original (some of that appears to be pretty doable from what I've seen so far, like editing textures; the crucial point seems to be the cloning atm .. @Zerbu probably knows more?)

I've been studying the possibility of cloning existing neighbourhoods, but I haven't actually figured it out or came to any breakthroughs. :( All I know for now is what doesn't work. Maybe when the crash issue with .world files in S4PE is fixed, I'll be able to look into it more. :)

(I just found out about this thread from a mention in my notifications, I'll post my own suggestions once I've thought of everything I think could be done to improve the worlds)
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Oh, wasn't aware of the crashing =( (Inge knows, I take it?) -- I only saw that you had posted lots of questions.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    Yeah, I've reported it to both Inge and Kuree. :) I'm not sure how soon they'll work on fixing it though.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited October 2014
    Worlds? Firstly I don't think an entire open world is a good idea and i'm not thinking selfishly here, my last computer couldn't manage the Sims 3 very well but now I have a gaming computer so in theory it could easily handle the lag but many people's computers/laptops couldn't.

I think a decent compromise would be open worlds to some degree, i.e the entire world is divided into larger zones so when on a lot the open world radius is quite a bit bigger for decent exploration but not spanning the whole map.

Cars are another big thing, I don't particularly care about loading screens or live driving to and from places, i'm much more concerned with the realistic animations that involve getting in and out of cars, parking in garages and generally chilling out/interacting with them. I'd have rather had that than live travel in the Sims 3. So please, at least bring back the good old Sims 2 car animations.

Car animations/interactions i'd like:

-Parking in garages/parking spaces
    -Getting in and out
    -Travelling with toddlers/babies via baby seats
    -Listening to music in the car
    -Woohoo in the car
    -Wash the car
    -Fix the car
    -Wind down window/open sun roof etc
    -Animated fastening of seatbelts

Cars are so essential to the game and I really hope that the gurus give their developement the dedication and time they deserve.

Generally for community lots i'd like to see more of them. Gym, library, nightclub and museum aren't stimulating enough. We need one or more grocery stores (with animations like picking up a basket and taking items of shelves etc). A clothes shop where we can actually buy new clothes like the Sims 2. A cafe/bakery restaurant type places to eat out during the day. For fun maybe a cinema, bowling, arcade, as someone suggested in another thread, a sealife/aquarium type place would be very cool, just something we aren't used to seeing that would surprise us. Also a hospital would be good, somewhere to go to give birth, confirm pregnancy or just go if you get food poisoning etc. A gardening store would be good, maybe buying seeds for flowers and crops. That's what i'd like to see actually, less things available in the catalogue and more available buy visiting certain stores only, that way it forces the Sims to go out and buy what they need and what could be more realistic than that.
  • Options
    HaveFaithInMe26HaveFaithInMe26 Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay I am going to try to be my best to be as reasonable as possible, but I have had a bit of ideas

Open the neighborhood up
    -i.e. We can visit our neighbors without a loading screen.
    . It would be awesome, but I understand if that capability is not available.

Larger Town
    - It'd be wonderful if the towns were bigger. Heck even Sunset Valley was bigger.
    - More lots within the town
    .i.e restaurants, coffee shops, bowling alleys, grocery stores

Create A Town Tool
    - Since the Sims 2 we've been able to create a word to our liking. So why not in the Sims 4
    . It'd take off a lot of stress on your end. How? Well you will see first hands from the 'popular' fan-made worlds what we truly want.

Also I know this has nothing to do with the world, well sorta, but I think a better story progression would be awesome. Like move out some Sims that maybe you household is not interacting with for new Sims. That way the town is ever changing and feels more alive. I don't know that's just something I thought would be pretty gosh darn amazing.
  • Options
    suzkay75suzkay75 Posts: 13 New Member
    More lots. Bigger lots. Terrain options. I miss being able to customize the world AT ALL. :) ty
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    While the loading screens don't really bother me it would be nice if the area a Sim could travel without one were a bit larger.

The ability to edit the landscape anywhere in the game. I didn't use terrain tools much in TS3 but quite often I would bulldoze entire towns to rebuild them the way I liked them. I would create my own venues, parks and homes. I really want to get rid of the pink trees.

More open venues with more activities.

Larger lots for building.

Cemeteries that have ghosts and homes that might have a surprise grave already. The Goth home in TS4 just didn't feel right without a few ghostly graves and some haunting.

A true mix of better or less nice areas of town. Even the less nice homes in TS4 are not all that bad. Not all players want mansions and 'shiny bright'. If you create a city have the nicer parts for players who like that but include some gritty areas for the players who like the industrial grunge.......or give us the tools to do it ourselves.

And I'm not sure if this is really world related.....but since they were located all over town.......I miss the dumpsters in town where my Sims could go diving for things,

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    Omg, how did I forget a cemetery ???
    /need
  • Options
    DanyhaasDanyhaas Posts: 343 Member
    the loading times between lots are lame :(
  • Options
    TziyonTziyon Posts: 120 Member
    I'd like to see the lots be adjustable again so we can change a lot's size. I'd also like there to be more empty spaces for us to be able to place more lots for our sims to go.

Also, I know others have already mentioned it here, but I gotta say it again: I miss an open, seamless world. (I hope I'm saying that right). I can tolerate having the load screen to be able to visit commercial lots, but not to visit someone right nextdoor.

Tell us the features you most want to change your World. We have ideas, we have things a spinnin’, but we want to hear from you first hand. What can we do to help you make your The Sims 4 Worlds the best ever?

DelVita A.

article-0-18C6F21800000578-529_306x462_zpsb34ef921.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    1. For the immediate future -- if you could add a blank version of Willow Creek and/or Oasis Springs to what we already have -- the same terrain but with all empty lots -- that would provide plenty of room for new houses and venues.
    2. Second, I think that if you make it so that we can go next door (or elsewhere in the immediate neighborhood) without a loading screen, that means we'll have a longer loading screen when we come back from the park or other community lots, so I'm not pushing for that.
    3. I'd like to have a CAW tool, but if not that, then the ability to edit the public spaces and to add empty lots. Templates, such as we got with TS2, would be nice, especially if they could be accessible in-game, the way that Oasis Springs and Willow Creek are to each other. If you do that, I'd like it to be possible to control the populations of the new towns. If we got templates, I, personally, could live without the CAW tool, but I know that others want it.
    4. I would like to see more of the sims that are living in the houses in my towns and less of the homeless townies. In fact, if you could make it so that only sims actually living in a house would show up on community lots, except for the gardeners and bartenders, that would be great. With all the sims in the Gallery, I don't think it's necessary for the game to generate them, too.
    5. I'd like to be able to make a community lot age-specific, so I could have a hang-out for teens and a senior center.
    6. I'm assuming that we will get more worlds with new expansion packs and perhaps as DLC. I would love to get worlds from different time periods and places, but if that happens, I would like to be able to block visitors from other worlds, i.e., I wouldn't want modern sims from Oasis Springs showing up in my Victorian London.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top