Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Can We Do To Make Your The Sims 4 Worlds The Best Ever

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    Thank you for asking for world improvement suggestions...

1. Blank town (or neighborhood) templates where you can choose terrain like back in Sims 2. Desert, lush, concrete, etc... With the addition of choosing road/sidewalk type - Contemporary roads, cobblestone streets, dirt roads, etc... The ability to place open-space objects and spawners, like picnic tables, wedding arches, firepits, etc...

2. More vibrant mini hoods (yes, that are open). Your sims' household lot stays open as your sim visits his/her neighbor. The player has the option to click back and forth between home lot and neighbor's lot. A few seconds of watching your sim wait at the door for the neighbor to open it, should be enough time for the neighbor's "house" to load. Options at open-space areas where the player can click on a BBQ, or wedding arch, or chess table (etc...) should come up with Neighborhood BBQ; Neighborhood wedding; or Chess Tournament. And most of the neighbors (not working) would show up and participate.

3. A registration desk to be placed in the library or museum or on any community lot that creates an NPC to handle options for marriage licenses, name changes, business applications, charity donations, etc... In this way, I can create the government type building that fits in my world.

4. Story Progression! While in Manage World, a way to click a check box to opt a family out of story progression. So the two or more family lots that I may be playing in rotation do not marry, move, have children, progress in their jobs until I play them. However, the rest of the town needs to progress. Culling strangers to the lots I have opted out of Story Progression, with elder strangers first, adult strangers second. And please let me determine age length for the town.

5. And a huge bonus for future worlds would be the ability to limit visiting townies/tourists, supernaturals, and vehicle types per neighborhood. I would very much like to play a medieval world or neighborhood and not be jarred out of the story by non-appropriate attire.

6. I love starting out each sim on a blank lot and making them live off the land to begin his/her family legacy. So some basic animations would be very helpful. Sleep on ground. Pee in a specific shrub. Eat an apple from the tree. Shower in a can. :D Roast fish/produce over a campfire. Dig in ground or comb through sand to find useful items like shells or rocks for decor, or even wearable trinkets. And at the very least having a crafting table to do something with the current collectables: make vases for picked flowers, make jewelry from gemstones, make furniture from My Little Sims, etc. And weather always brings more drama to those sleeping outdoors.

7. And of course a true neighborhood community lot would finish rounding out the small neighborhood: Either consignment store, or dinner, or festival type lot.

Just a few things to consider for future expansions, thank you very much for reading.

• blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    Bug fixes first and foremost, I would love to see actual story progression come back with marriages, pregnancies, etc. I also agree on the open world thing. Also, family trees and painting portraits. I'm not hard to please. I love the game as it is but a few fixes would really add to it.
  • WickedLambWickedLamb Posts: 45 Member
    Family trees. Maternity/Paternity leave. Toddlers. TS2 interactions. Cars. More lots.
    Look deeply into my eyes...what do you see?
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'd like to see bigger lots, maybe an open world. Maybe optional modules/packs that add more mature content to the game, like maybe a jailhouse to hold sims that are in the criminal career path or get caught pickpocketing. I'd also like to see a justice of the peace to perform marriages and maybe a courthouse to file for divorce/arrange for child support/custody.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    edited October 2014
    A grocery store. I want to be able to buy all the fruits and vegetables available in the world. Once you go through the hassle of finally getting a tomato I don't want to have to do that for every new game I begin. I just want to be able to get my items and play the game and not have to chase everything down every time. I have grown bored with that.

I know this has been mentioned many times over, but a more open world. I usually have a larger household and I don't like sending a Sim somewhere and then I lose control of the rest of my Sims. I like being able to toggle back and forth between them. It's a pain going through that loading screen over and over to toggle back and forth and then in between loading they just drop what you instructed them to do anyway.

A spa, I miss being able to send Sims to the spa.

And I want my Sims to be smart enough to turn off the stereo when they go to bed, instead of getting in and out because they can't sleep over the music. One other thing when you speed through Sim hours the stereo does to, I like in Sims 3 the stereo didn't speed up with the speed of time.
    Post edited by mskube on
  • JustPatriciaJustPatricia Posts: 80 Member
    And you know what else I really miss? Remember the wine-maker career thing? I loved that one. I had the machine in my basement and I'd make delicious wines and share them with friends. That was a good one.
    And we used to have speeds 1 through 4. 4 would go fast until the current sim finished whatever (s)he was doing. Now, I have to 3, 1 all the time on the keyboard or they will just speed along indefinitely.
    This is totally random and not important but I'd love to have a few wedding dress options to pick from when getting married. A veil maybe...
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I do not wish to see the world opened. Open world equals more routing issues that never get resolved. I hate to say it but you guys take too long to resolve issues and 95% of the time I am relying on a modder to fix issues.

Speaking of routing, conversations should be able to take place over a larger distance at the very least over a large table. My Sims should not have to move in the chair next to the Sim they are talking to.

Please fix the genetics issue. I would like to play my neighborhood again.

If you add Story Progression, give us an option to leave things as they are now. I like the random flirting but I don't want sims marrying and having children with random homeless sims. In Sims 3, it was fine because I only played one family and it helped keep the neighborhood alive. I play the whole neighborhood now.

I definitely would like to see more venues such as grocery store, book stores, clothing stores, cafe, a flower\gift shop where sims can buy seeds, flowers for a loved one, balloons for a new birth, etc. Movie theater if we can actually go in and have a watch movie together option. Keep the other shopping options in the game so those who do not want to load can still have the option to buy items.

I would like to see Hospitals added back in but not as a rabbithole. A sim can lay on a bed and give birth...nothing too graphic of course. Mother can have the option to go home or spend the night in the hospital. Doctors could be seen walking around the hospital checking on patients. People could be in for allergy shots, flu shots or have the flu, nothing too deep.

With the close world and load screen, I do have high expectations about things that can be done on lots. If we are going to load to get somewhere make it worth our time.

Speaking of time, I still think the Sim clock is too fast. I would like a setting to slow it down, especially when I am at a venue. My Sims like to mingle.
    mskube wrote: »
    A grocery store. I want to be able to buy all the fruits and vegetables available in the world. Once you go through the hassle of finally getting a tomato I don't want to have to do that for every new game I begin. I just want to be able to get my items and play the game and not have to chase everything down every time. I have grown bored with that.

You know, I think the next few houses I save to libraries and share in the galleries will include starter gardens. I, like you, am sick and tired of going around trying to find pears and cherries. It's ridiculous now. I still haven't found a tomato yet.

Also, it surprises me what fish you cannot save in the fridge. Like you can put a bass in the fridge, but not a trout or salmon. ???????? That makes no sense at all.
    KayParfait wrote: »
    I'm surprised there has been no mention of cars yet. :P

Because they want feedback on worlds. Most suggestions so far are hardly about the worlds themselves at all.

No, your world in the Sims is everything that makes up your world including cars and everything else IN it.
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited October 2014
    Please revisit the sims 2 Night life and Bon Voyage take some ideas from there, you know the open restaurants and real vacations locations. The sims 3 was lacking these things and they were a big part of game play. Being able to take your family out for dinner or on a real vacation is a big deal for some of us simmers. I love the idea my male sim could take his date to a fancy restaurant and surprise her with a proposal o:) Or how they could feed each other. The sims2 is really were you should look back and take some ideas and make them better. The sims 2 is by far Maxis best game to date so revisit it play it and you'll realize the fun the fans had. :D Oh and please add more food to our bars besides chips come on in the sims3 we had all kinds of food to order from the bar. I'd like to add one more thing Island paradise was an awesome Ep please try and bring back some of those fun things like scuba diving, wind surfing,snorkeling and maybe even houseboats. The sims 4 has a lot going for it with the right aspects added to the game it could be a real gem but that's up to you guys. Listen to the fans we know what we want and what would make this game awesome.....Happy Simming Tori

Yes, this. I think the Sims 2 had it the most correct when it comes to my style of gameplay, however, I really did enjoy World Adventures and Generations from Sims 3. I cannot say that I really liked the business expansion in Sims 3, but I did like OFB in the Sims 2. There now seems to be just too much going on in the game for me to really want to go to work. I know it may be useful for those who tell stories (as even I enjoy this), but I play the Sims to play, not so much to work while I'm playi
    KMairee56 wrote: »
    > @poshbakerloo said:<br />
    > What would I like to see?<br />
    > <br />
    > I would like to see great depth added to the 'vanilla' base game stuff first before any expansion packs. As for all these people talking about getting rid of loading screens...the game engine has been written now, its too late for that type of stuff.<br />
    > <br />
    > I want:<br />
    > <br />
    > - More TV channels<br />
    > - More careers <br />
    > - Swimming pools that can be curved in shape<br />
    > - Basements<br />
    > - Larger lot sizes<br />
    > - Keep the existing neighbourhoods but expand them al la Sims Unleashed<br />
    > - House land line phones<br />
    > - An external program to customise recolours (I doubt the game engine would allow this in game)<br />
    > - Dishwashers, trash compacters, hot tubs and other 'basic' items<br />
    > - Sim radio on the music players<br />
    > - More party items and fun things like bubble blowers<br />
    > - More NPCs like gardeners...but you can become friends and get move them into your family<br />
    > - A way to make more creative stair cases<br />
    > - Glass roofs? Not sure how that would work<br />
    > - Chimneys with fire places<br />
    > - Have the active sims head come up when you click things!<br />
    > - Family tree<br />
    > - Name changes with marriage as an option<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I agree with all of this but one. Why would you want the head to come up again? The way it is is actually a lot better than the way it was before.
    mappam wrote: »
    Please Please Please FIX the Fat Girl child/teen BUG!! I HATE that all of my girls end up fat and there seems to be nothing I can do about it!! THANKS!!

Definitely fix the fit/fat bug. Everyone either gets very overweight or very buff. Why is this happening?
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Someone a couple pages back mentioned NPCs.

YES!

We need the NPC services to return, plus lots of new ones - new ones who actually WORK (unlike in TS3 store content venues).

The maid, the fireman, the repairman, a hire-able gardener, a butler.

Waiters, chefs, coffee barristers, sales clerks. And in this case, I don't really care about realism. I am perfectly okay with them literally standing behind a cash register all day like robots - as long as it means we can actually play!

Librarians, ticket booth sellers, cleaners. Most community lots should have NPCs attached IMO.

And maybe, just maybe, could we make it possible for OUR sims to take NPC jobs? - to BE a maid or a repairman or a fireman? Because that would be cool.

This would really improve the world for me :)

All of this ^^^^, And that down there, too. \/\/ \/

I think most of my requests have been posted by others at this point but here are the things I really want to see in the game.
      [*] Door Bell that can be heard from anywhere inside the house.
        [*] Age Designation by a letter (C,T,YA,A,E) or full text in the sims information panel where you can see your relationship and discovered traits.

• Removal of loading screens when visiting homes in a residential neighborhood. Those mini loads are annoying and not needed. A reduction in the number of load screens in non-residential neighborhoods would be good as well. But not sure how feasible that is.
          [*] Ability for sims to hold part time jobs at any employable age (teen through elder). Lazy sims don't like that 8 hour work day...emotion TENSE.
            [*] More careers and part time jobs.

• Hot Tubs...my flirty sims are missing these.
            • More Dating and Outing spots. Restaurants are missing from this open world as are coffee shops and movie theaters.
            • More affordable home lot based group activities for children.
            • An Adjustment to the sims' skins. My sims' skins have a "dirty appearance" on paler skin and an "ashy" appearance on the darker ones. I realize this is supposed to be shading but it is too pixelated and only looks good from a distance.
            • More color swatches for everything. Body modification piercings. More tattoos, jewelry, clothing, hair, makeup...basically all things CAS.
            • Separated eye lashes. That blob of eyeliner is not working for me. You can make eyelashes that fit with the art style if you can make that thick Playdoh looking eye liner thing.

I could add more but these are the things I REALLY want fixed/added as soon as possible. I realize Sims 4 is a new iteration of The Sims so it is not going to be exactly like any previous version of The Sims. I will wait to see how EA/Maxis chooses to flesh out the game going forward. But I do hope they will keep their fan base in mind when going forward. Getting new customers is great, but not if it is going to cost you the many loyal followers you already have. Plan carefully and please get the current bugs fixed in this next patch. Tired of tweaking my friends faces to get rid of the Squinty Eye Cromag Jaw Glitch.

<----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
          • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
            RosiaMia_ wrote: »
            Couple of my ideas that would make the sims 4 even better to play!

- More beds, I love the ones we have already but I think at least 5 different more would be extra cool. (With more bed sheet options.)

- Being able to to lock doors.

- Solar Panels for garden decoration and roof tops. (The ones from TS2 were great)

- More fire places.

- Different types of front doors.

- Eye lashes! & more eye make up.

- Fire pits for my garden.

- Toddlers

- Weather

- Fashion - topshop, riverisland, zara styles!

- More hair colours.

- Bedroom stuff, wardrobes etc

- More tattoo options

- Kitchen - more types of fridges and counters!

And finally... If you guys are reading, please please can we have more colour options on items.

:):)
            Please make the worlds like Sims 3 on console. No loading screen between the lots of the same neighborhood.<br />
            <br />
            For future expansions I have some ideas on lots like: a huge beach themed neighborhood with just one lot, like Magnolia Blossom on Willow Creek, with activities like surf, swimming, mermaids, etc. basically a sims 4 version of Island Paradise.<br />
            <br />
            I would also like trailer houses, camping like Bon Voyage, a return of Egypt from World Adventures with big pyramids and items to found and collect etc, I really like these aspects of the game.<br />
            <br />
            Less decoration houses, bigger worlds and neighborhoods and some families back like Crumplebottoms, Newbies, etc<br />
            <br />
            Also non rabbit holes groceries stores. I really miss them<br />
            <br />
            For a Late Night expansion you could do a world like The Urbz, it was amazing.<br />
            <br />
            Off: PLEASE BRING BACK WEIRD OBJECTS FROM SIMS 1/2 ON CONSOLE! They was amazing!

These are great. I'm quite a casual player, so I love to be able to plop down a lot or house, but I didn't really get into CAW very much. It just wasn't intuitive enough for me. If you could give us both the play and plop style of the Sims 2 matched with the tools from CAW, and make it easy and intuitive to use for the casual player, I would LOVE it!
            <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
          • NancyNancy Posts: 380 Member
            I completely forgot about this on my last post, could we please have a sprinkler to water the plants or the ability to hire a gardener. My plants always die, and the only way to keep them alive it to either cheat to raise the sims mood and spend all the time gardening or for sims to quit their jobs
          • TrondrianTrondrian Posts: 19 Member
            To make our world better I would like to propose a kind of trade off that could hopefully satisfy those who want open world and for Ea to also keep its closed world. My proposal would be to give us a really large world with only one lot, this lot will be very large of maybe 200 x 200 lot or larger, maybe larger to give it that truly open world feel. This world will have valleys, forest, hills, camp areas and plenty of areas for sims to explore, make this world a world for adventure and exploring only, no sims would be allowed to live there and there would be no business either except for maybe a souvenir shop. A loading screen would still be required to get there and the amount of sims could be limited to the amount that currently exist on any lot, but as I said this world should be very large and exploration oriented with plenty for sims to do and objects for sims to interact with. I think this could be a win win situation for most. I love the open world of sims 3 and was very disappointed when it was not included but I am willing to compromise my open world for this very large world I proposed.
          • CoffeeKattCoffeeKatt Posts: 56 Member
            > @Rinilex said:
            > Open world really is a big thing. At the very least, it'd be better if the neighbourhoods were open...
            >
            > Whether that's possible or not, the game suffers greatly from a lack of places to go and things to do. There needs to be more venues and places for Sims to hang out at, like diners, restaurants, coffee shops, bowling alleys... and by that I mean places with lot-specific interactions (like actually being able to order a coffee/ dinner and go bowling) as opposed to calling it as such and then sticking in regular furniture we can get at home.

Exactly what I was thinking. This was a problem with venues like the "hangout" in the Sims 3. It's all pretty furniture with nothing to do. Please give us more lively, detailed venues.
          • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
            edited October 2014
            Cyron43 wrote: »
            90% of feedback is not about worlds at all...
            That's strange, I have quite the contrary perception.

Really? Close to nothing asked for can implemented in a standalone world.
            Can you rephrase please? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

I can't see how they could, let's say, sell a world, like Sunlit Tides, that has most of the requests made.

People are asking for more TV Channels. Having the active sims head come up when you click things. An external programme to customise recolours.

Seriously. How would a new world feature an external programme to customise recolours?

Or an optional Co-Op mode?
            Ah now I get why I didn't understand you. You have completely switched to a different topic. Look, you said 90% of the people here don't ask for an open world. I said it's quite contrary and now you come up with "external software" and co-op. That has nothing to do with what we were talking about before.

That was what I was talking about before, nevertheless.

I said 90% of feedback is not about worlds at all... People are requesting all sorts of things that have nothing to do with worlds and that, even if willing, the team developing worlds probably could not address.

EDIT: I never said " 90% of the people here don't ask for an open world". I said "90% of feedback is not about worlds at all"... I apologise if there was any misunderstanding.
            But if 90% ask for an open world it is in fact about worlds. How can it be not? I don't get it. Anyway, this is not about you and me and not a place to argue over anyone's wishes. So let's lay that off please.

This space is for rent.
          • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
            Legacy friendly
          • splizzmochsplizzmoch Posts: 62 Member
            edited October 2014
            > @Shadoza2 said:
            >
            > Creative tools. TS4 alienated a great number of once loyal consumers when they chose to leave out or limit creativity. Tools like world editor, CaSt, color wheels, CaW, terrain builders, MOO cheat, gave the creative players a place to play the way they want to play. “Play the way you want to play” is a strong marketing tool that attracts more players than the games that ask players to following a designed path. “Play the way you want to play” opens the game to a strong variety of playing styles and offers full immersion.
            >

THIS.
            Upon seeing the game operate, I was STUNNED that you cannot control the color of "paintables"... and being the hacker hobbyist that I am, having pored over the LITERALLY hundreds of thousands of resource files in the stock .packages, I was dismayed to discover why... instead of procedurally coloring say, a T-shirt, the way a Sim's skin is (i.e. a wheel- or palette-chosen color applied to a single grayscale texture), in fact there is a whole texture for EVERY SWATCH attached to a model... with the Maxis-decided color baked in. This raises a few issues:

1. The color and pattern variant swatches NEVER MATCH across items!! Ladies, ammirite??! Have you tried to match a nice pair of shoes to your chosen outfit only to discover THERE IS NO MATCHING THESE SHADES D: I constantly find myself defaulting to a black shoe, or being railroaded into a slim selection of match possibilities because of this. It makes CAS both boring and frustrating at times.

2. DATA WEIGHT!!! The completed install comes in at a whopping 8.62GB (9,260,777,472 bytes on disk) -
            Consider for a moment that a vast majority of the catalog items, both in CAS, but ESPECIALLY in build, have many swatches for each model - I've seen some with as many as 10 or more - I haven't done the metrics, but my rough guesstimate is an average of about 5 swatches per catalog model in the entire install. This means that without procedural coloring and a color wheel, there are several times the number of graphic resources archived to get the job done. This is both a limiting factor as mentioned in 1. above, and a loaf of fatty bytes on a hard drive. There's no reason the install couldn't be more like 4 - 5GB under a purely procedural architecture.

Please consider this reasoning when revving up the next dev lifecycle for (maybe?) Sims 5.

And one other thing, from my photographer-persona :p ...

After really getting into the groove of my game, and getting into the snapshot "documentary", I discovered firsthand just how vexing the camera really is. I have two main gripes about it:

1. I like the Sims4 style of mouse control... HOWEVER- it grates my cheese that I cannot either tilt the cam manually, or crane it up and down for that perfect frame. You can dolly the cam. Great. You can zoom and pan the cam. Awesome. BUT NO TILT? Ahh, but you say "use Sims3 style to get your manual tilt back."
            No.
            It may be my opinion, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has trouble toggling back and forth between radically different mouse controls within the same app interface. What would really be the Beautiful Thing would be to just ADD TILT to the Sims4 style control PLEASE? I don't care if it needs to be a ctrl+ type thing, but wow, the cam needs tilt badly.

2. NEAR CLIPPING PLANE: Now that I've paused the simulation, SWITCHED to funky controls, gotten JUST the angle and framing for my exquisite shot,
            ... Gah!! No ceiling! Wait, lemme put the walls up....

D'OH!! NOW THERE'S A WALL IN MY EYE!!! D:

No hope of moving the cam even an inch forward to "disappear" the wall, since this ruins my shot, subject out-of-frame.... there's NO way to get that wall out of my way unless I go into Build mode and actually remove it! That's assuming I'm actually on an editable lot, which often I'm NOT...

Hey, I have a solution!!!
            PLEASE add a slider on the cam control flyout to expose the Z of the near clipping plane. YES!! With a simple slider, I could move the near clipping plane to just where I need it to make that wall in my eye disappear, and be able to have a Studio Quality shot, instead of a shot without a roof or walls. I'd love to be able to move that plane all the way up to my eye, or nearly as far out as my framed Sims. That's a range that would take care of any obstacles that could munge my shot.
            Many of us use Sims as a "graphic novel generator" of sorts; of course Sims players "get it" when they see a pic with no walls and ceiling, but the casual observer (for whom these Sims doujin are often made) would say "erm... tornado took your roof? O.o"
            That, and it activates my OCD reflex when I look at a pic and see there's no roof over the birthday party... I hope there's no pigeons coming.
            Besides, half the beauty of the Simiverse is the decor of those wonderfully painstakingly crafted homes. WHY wouldn't you want to be able to show off a natural-looking snapshot of a sweet living room, family having a good time...

[edit]
            I forgot to mention Geneology... what's the point of creating a game centered around personal relationships and simulated genetics and reproduction, etc., WITHOUT A FAMILY TREE? Seriously? That's kinda like a bucket with no bottom. I'll end the analogy there :)

Anyway, that's all I got. Thanks for putting up with me, and I love the heck out of Sims 4 in spite of all that :)
            Thanks for making it as awesome as it IS.
          • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
            They already are :)
            PC Specs:
            Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
            Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
            16GB DDR4 RAM
            128GB SSD
            1TB 7200RPM HDD
            NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
            6685561181.png
            Rogers Ignite 70u internet
          • proffzetmedzzproffzetmedzz Posts: 18 New Member
            Get dishwasher back! SO annoying not have a diskwasher.. Uuuurh!
            and fix the bugg
            When Im playing sims 4 and make fast speed (3) sometimes its freezing for 7-12 sec. But they clock is still running and when its stop freezing the time is going back again to normal..

I click fastspeed (nr.3) and when its "freezing" my players get stucks and only doing that they do atm, so if they are reading a book, they are reading it all time long until the "freezing" get away. Example.. I click fastspeed 3
            clock is 2 PM and my player is pee and then its freezing but the clock is running maybe to 4pm sometimes 5pm (irl secs it is 7-12sec ) and my player is still pee.. I can move everything but i cant do anything with my players, but after 7-12sec the time going back to 2PM and i can play again..

Its happen many times and its really annoying...
            Please fix this FAST..

(Im bad english, sry ) from sweden..
          This discussion has been closed.
          Return to top