Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Up now
    451 ) Island villa / 240 / 347 / 31% / 2 hours

Up next
    452 ) Romantique chaise / 2 hours
    453 ) scene in four parts
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    @trithone hi Sam, it's been deadly quiet in here the last two days...spooky :smiley:
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    @trithone hi Sam, it's been deadly quiet in here the last two days...spooky :smiley:

Yeah, Lori, I think people are getting disinterested. Not enough excitement in the DD any more, I guess.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited October 2014
    It goes thru runs like this when things get quieter. The list is not as exciting to some, no worry about the quick deal this time. It usually waits though until the repeats start. OE gets busy for all of us and some are playing other games as well. :o cough, cough, tomb raider cough cough :smiley:

I'm a bit frustrated as I can't even put my build in the library to share, so, am gonna have to start from scratch. I figure if I bugged it that bad with no cc, no cap...it is doomed. I'm gonna do it in a new sims3 (vanilla load) this time with no mods, minimal store content and see what happens.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    It goes thru runs like this when things get quieter. The list is not as exciting to some, no worry about the quick deal this time. It usually waits though until the repeats start. OE gets busy for all of us and some are playing other games as well. :o cough, cough, tomb raider cough cough :smiley:

I'm a bit frustrated as I can't even put my build in the library to share, so, am gonna have to start from scratch. I figure if I bugged it that bad with no cc, no cap...it is doomed. I'm gonna do it in a new sims3 (vanilla load) this time with no mods, minimal store content and see what happens.

So sorry to hear that your lot won't save to the library. Sometimes this game is so buggy it just makes me want to scream the Wail of the Banshees. I'm having a problem right now where every time my sims take the baby out of its crib the crib glitches and won't let them put the baby back in. Poor baby spends a lot of time on the floor. It seems to be fixable by deleting and repurchasing the crib (which I have to do with move objects because the crib becomes un-selectable). It is just annoying.

In your case, having to rebuild the whole lot...oof da!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    i'm feeling your glitch woes, @bekkasan and @trithone-- i had the dreaded save error 12 the other day after i had done TONS of work setting up a new world and home for my sims. but i know it's partly my own fault-- i forgot to save early and often! ended up having to quit without save and lose tons of work :( next time, i'll be doing tons of saving. and before i open my game again, i'll be cleaning up the cache files and stuff, just for good measure.
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    I agree that the list hasn't been really exciting these past few days. A lot of repeats and not many new stuff to the list. Since it is halloween tomorrow maybe they'll give us a nice treat with the list like the mill at a great price or a store wide sale. I know thats wishful thinking.

The game is still a little buggy yet. I'm having problems moving a family to a new world. It seems like the older the family you are playing with the more problems are going to come up than if you start a whole new family.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Radlee wrote: »
    i'm feeling your glitch woes, @bekkasan and @trithone-- i had the dreaded save error 12 the other day after i had done TONS of work setting up a new world and home for my sims. but i know it's partly my own fault-- i forgot to save early and often! ended up having to quit without save and lose tons of work :( next time, i'll be doing tons of saving. and before i open my game again, i'll be cleaning up the cache files and stuff, just for good measure.
    If there is anything in the game world that is designed to kill your love of the game it is the TS3 "Error 12"! So often in the past I too would spend hours playing and tweaking, finally remembering to save only to see the buffering icon spinning for minute after minute after long minute and finally stop with "Error 12"!! :#

I have over the last couple of years largely been free of them and I think that is due to two key mods from Twallan (Nraas):

Firstly there is Errortrap which really does seem to trap and save me from so many EA bugs.

But, most important of all, if there was just one mod I could recommend every Simmer should install it is Saver - just set it up to automatically prompt you to save on a sequence that suits you. Now if ever I can't save I will only have lost twenty minutes of playing or building. A real sanity saver! :D

• Options
    ajaxpost wrote: »

I have over the last couple of years largely been free of them and I think that is due to two key mods from Twallan (Nraas):

Firstly there is Errortrap which really does seem to trap and save me from so many EA bugs.

But, most important of all, if there was just one mod I could recommend every Simmer should install it is Saver - just set it up to automatically prompt you to save on a sequence that suits you. Now if ever I can't save I will only have lost twenty minutes of playing or building. A real sanity saver! :D

My game wouldn't run without Nrass mods, and I know other people are in the same spot. I have Saver set to remind me to save ever 1/2 hour and I keep 10 saves back at all times. I've had just too many big losses to do anything else.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Current Deal:
    452) Romantique Chaise / 39 / 67 / 42% / 2 hours

Up Next:
    453) Scene in Four Parts / / / / 2 hours
    454) May 2012 Compilation Set / / 2800 / / 2 hours
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    Nraas mods not only saved my game but my sanity and quite possibly my soul (one too many curse words and I might have ended up in the big bad fire lol).
    I think the quietness is because the list is kind of boring at the moment although I did pick up mother Russia this morning for a good price but now I am pointless hahaha. Anyway have a smashing day everyone I am going to finish glossing this house because I want the smell over and done with.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    437 ) Overarchieving Bookshelf / 31 / 40 / 23% / 2 hrs

Next
    438 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Gathering Wood Sculpture / ? / 25/ % / 2 hrs
    439 ) Street Couture / ? / 725 / % / hrs

@Niralyn, just replace these <> with these [] :)

ETA I'll be away when the next deal comes on

@Sweet2, Hey thanks! :smiley:
  • Options
    awellenbl wrote: »
    @dothesmustle That's a perfect lot size for it. ...

Is it possible to download and install a lot without having all the EPs the builder has installed? In TS2 that didn't really work and usually crashed the game, but I think I read that TS3 relies more on the patch level being the same and objects coming with one of the missing EPs will just be replaced. Does anybody know if that is true, because I can't seem to find anything about it anymore.

@awellenbl: Yes, it is possible to install the lot, but you may see some substitutions and/or missing features. I tend to have more problems with custom content in lots than with EP content I don't yet own, but save before and have a backup just in case.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    The list is a little boring right now, but I've picked up a few small things here and there to complete compilations I was getting close on. What I really, really, really want (besides the Mill, lol) is for the worlds to go on sale. A really good sale, too! I still need Roaring Heights, Midnight Hollow, Sunlit Tides, and Lunar Lakes. I'm playing with a single sim in Sunset Valley right now and he doesn't have a home -- just an empty lot -- and I'm having him walk everywhere he needs to go. This is the most fun I've had with a sim since I tried legacy play! He's done things like had a Spooky Day party at the cemetery, had a Snowflake Day party at the gym, etc. He knows just about everybody in town and gets himself invited to sleep over sometimes, lol. He's been in this world for almost four full sim seasons and he still hasn't explored every nook and cranny. And when he's done, I'm going to have him move to another world and do the same thing there until he's explored every single world. (I'll have to turn aging off on him!) Best moment so far: he was sleeping in his tent on the festival grounds one night when the 'burglary in progress' music started playing. I went to his empty home lot to see what in the heck the burglar would even do, because my sim doesn't own anything. The burglar walked onto the lot, scratched his head, looked around, then hailed a cab and left, lol. :D
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ooh, good luck to those going for the Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire venue in a few hours! :o
    I keep missing Mother Russia, m'self. :\

[Edited for that all important stylistic 'e' on Fair(e) ;) ]
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Current Deal:
    453) Scene in Four Parts / 34 / 99 / 66% / 2 hours

Up Next:
    454) May 2012 Compilation Set / / 2800 / / 2 hours
    455) The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire / / 1710 / / 2 hours
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    Thanks @Niralyn. I will definitely try that sometime soon. And I am sorry you missed Mother Russia. Maybe it will be repeated again. I'd actually welcome some repeats as well. I really want the Bistro, preferably for a better discount. And I passed Homecoming both times. But the list should repeat, so we probably will get a chance to get the sets then. :)
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    I was about to recommend the same thing. :) I love the fact that it prompts you with a new name. Saver has saved my sanity many times!

And I think both Overwatch and Error Trap have prevented many problems, so those kinds of glitches just don't come up as often.

OT: It's a little frustrating that the ONLY monthly comp that has shown up on this list is May 2012 (I think) and it's shown up multiple times. At least I don't remember any of the other compilations showing up. It would have been nice had they added more sets/venues/compilations to the list of things that could show up on the DD, so we don't have so many duplicates and single items in this final list.
  • Options
    @spreadsheet team - The spreadsheet is updated to the start of Scene in Four Parts. I am clocking out now since I will be on the road when the next deal turns.

Since I probably won't be around much over the weekend due to OE, Happy Halloween to everyone who celebrates it! I adore Halloween and will be making Zombie Meatloaf for our D&D gathering on Saturday. Also, I am making cupcakes with tiny meat cleavers stuck in them. (Couldn't resist those when I saw them. Yes, I have just a bit of a macabre streak at this time of the year.)

• Options
    Have a great weekend then, @trithone. Sounds like a lot of fun. :)
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    Hi everyone!! I just got done making treat bags for all the trick or treaters! Inside each one is a Halloween themed pencil, eyeball eraser, plastic bat, glow in the dark spider, tatoos, skull and bones candy, fun dip, tootsie rolls, chocolate pumpkin, smarties, pixy stix (my name being Pixiey..you had to!) I think that is it. We made 45 bags and have back up candy if we run out. I have been doing the treat bags for about three years now. A lot of stuff bought at the dollar store or places like Target, Wal Mart had party things for a buck...maybe next year we will do a mini slinky or something. I sort of do it in honor of my mom who passed away 9 years ago, she used to hand out full sized candy bars and I think she too would have done treat bags. She was a super sweet woman, and had fun looking at all the costumes.

I was sad to miss out on the loads of laundry and a few other things. I am hoping the Faire is a good price! I would love to get that one!! I am chanting Mill for all you Millers out there!! And getting the Boardwalk would be a wonderful thing!! I have been here, reading mostly. I found it very strange to see the greenhouse up twice in the same day!

Happy Halloween to all you Peeps out there!!
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    I swear they're trying to make me cry haha! The June 2011 Comp is teasing me haha! :p
    I also wish I didn't miss Romantique Chaise but oh wells.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    Up Now:
    454) May 2012 Compilation Set / 700 / 2800 / 75% / 2 hours (less than #395)

Up Next:
    455) The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire / / 1710 / / 2 hours (repeat of #303 and #413)

456) Larger than Life Party Table / / 41 / / hours
    part of: Storybook Dining Room Set, Full Storybook Set, Make a Wish Compilation

• Options
    @Pixieydust That sounds fantastic. Kids probably love your house on Halloween. Hope you all have enough candy for tommorow so you won't get tricked. Maybe I should buy some candy as well, even though Halloween isn't really a thing here, but the last few yours some kids in costumes showed up anyway.

@JennaIsGhost Why is the compilation teasing you?
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    awellenbl wrote: »
    @JennaIsGhost Why is the compilation teasing you?

I have 66% cys for it and not many of the items seem to come on the DD. It's kind of like a "Oh you're close to completing this. Psh, not today!!" hah! :p
    I could just pay the 215 points and get it, which I probably will as soon as the ads stop being so weird and come back more.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top