Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started May 21st CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    iam_Crazariam_Crazar Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    So I purchased both the kids and Teens as well as adult street couture sets, which gave me April 2011 comp for only 20 simpoints. This depleted my simpoints for the time being but strangely enough suddenly the 'Through the Spyglass Bathroom' stuff for free?? Kinda weird, but hey, cant argue with free!
    So now I am super close to getting the Fortune Folley completed as well as march 2011!! So exciting!
    Also, still have to wait for Making Magic to come up on the list! Hurrrr, thank you to those who brought us back those add points!

Way to go! March 2011 comp should be free for you when it comes up...I know it will be for me according to the calculator, and I only own 17 items....
    a.k.a-Nina
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited July 2014
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    Ximph wrote:
    So I purchased both the kids and Teens as well as adult street couture sets, which gave me April 2011 comp for only 20 simpoints. This depleted my simpoints for the time being but strangely enough suddenly the 'Through the Spyglass Bathroom' stuff for free?? Kinda weird, but hey, cant argue with free!
    So now I am super close to getting the Fortune Folley completed as well as march 2011!! So exciting!
    Also, still have to wait for Making Magic to come up on the list! Hurrrr, thank you to those who brought us back those add points!
    Through the Spyglass Bathroom is free for me as well. Very strange...

A while ago Through The Spyglass Bathroom just showed up in my purchase history for free, I have no idea how it got there because I definitely wasn't gifted it and had none of it previously.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited July 2014
    missy2311 wrote:
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    Ximph wrote:

A while ago Through The Spyglass Bathroom just showed up in my purchase history for free, I have no idea how it got there because I definitely wasn't gifted it and had none of it previously.

Wow, interesting. Freebie from the store peeps? If so, that is rather a lovely surprise.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited July 2014
    So ... I keep the DD stalker thread bookmarked and update it to the last page each time I catch up. I usually call it the (month) DD stalker thread and update the name when it goes into a new month.

This is now the May-June-July DD stalker thread in my bookmarks. :wink:
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2014
    missy2311 wrote:
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    Ximph wrote:

I had that happen with the bathroom, too! The funny thing is I was buying April 2011 because I picked up Street Couture Kids and Teens really cheap. Maybe The Spyglass Bathroom is tied to the Couture sets? I spent a lot of time checking whether it might be a gift without a note. It would be awful not to say thank you for such an expensive gift. So I guess thank you store :D

Definitely pick up March 2011 during the DD rotation. It was free for me when I received the bathroom;-)
    :no_mouth:
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I'm clocking in for my shift.
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited July 2014
    hope it gose in another rotation so i can pick up march 2011 free
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Got March 2011 for free...! Now I just need Fortune's Folly to come up on the sale page... :) (Along with Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear.....)
    a.k.a-Nina
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited July 2014
    Grats all on getting some awesome deals! :D
  • Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm seeing a bunch of premium items with even higher prices. The poker table is now a whopping 804 SP, The tractor has gone up 50 points and the industrial oven has gone up 60.

edit: The poker table is actually more expensive than the Double Down Poker and Roulette Bundle!
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey Erin, the toilet is up! Better grab it before it's gone! :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The price of toilet has gone up to 440 points and the discount is now 47% off.
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2014
    Make a Wish went up in price, too. I guess I will continue waiting for that awesome sale.
    :no_mouth:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Looks like Full storybook, and storybook living has also went up. My CYS on these two sets are now 200sp more than it was...

There seems to be price changes all over...The wind chimes have went up...sale price is now 109 instead of the 86 it was...
    a.k.a-Nina
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    iam_Crazar wrote:
    Looks like Full storybook, and storybook living has also went up. My CYS on these two sets are now 200sp more than it was...

There seems to be price changes all over...The wind chimes have went up...sale price is now 109 instead of the 86 it was...
    Almost all of the premium items have gone up. Except for the gumball machine, which has actually gone down to 267 SP.
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm beginning to wonder if two different store sales gurus are fighting over prices. I can imagine one of them leaving work for the day and the other thinking: "These darn prices are too low, they should be higher....<beep boop bop>"

Next day, guru comes back to work and says: "What? These prices are too high...oh well, lets fix it.... <beep boop bop>"
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    I'm beginning to wonder if two different store sales gurus are fighting over prices. I can imagine one of them leaving work for the day and the other thinking: "These darn prices are too low, they should be higher....<beep boop bop>"

Next day, guru comes back to work and says: "What? These prices are too high...oh well, lets fix it.... <beep boop bop>"
    What if it's one guru with multiple personalitys? :shock:
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited July 2014
    Speaking of multiple personalities, does it make me a cynic or an optimist if I think, "maybe they're raising prices because they're about to have a sale"?
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    Speaking of multiple personalities, does it make me a cynic or an optimist if I think, "maybe they're raising prices because they're about to have a sale"?

I was wondering the same thing....last time they were playing with the prices, we had all those summer sets go on sale for 45% off.....here's to hoping for a store-wide sale... :?:
    a.k.a-Nina
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I'm clocking out early tonight. I just got sent a rush freelance job to do overnight, and it's going to take all my attention, so I won't be able to update until my shift starts again tomorrow. Sorry, guys! The spreadsheet is updated to the start of the India Inspiration pants.
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm suffering from a case of the sleepies (and also the sniffles!), so I'm skipping over a lot of things -- don't hate me if I missed something important!
    Hey Erin, the toilet is up! Better grab it before it's gone! :lol:
    Oh noes! I missed it AGAIN! I just have the worst luck with that toilet; I miss it every time! :lol:
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    I'm trying to save up for the new set coming out this week. Tea table! Jam maker and canning station! 2 new harvestables! Circular gate! Water wheel! It makes me break out in exclamation marks!!!!!!!! Speaking of, don't forget, if you're thinking about buying it, to make sure the early bird discount has been put on it before you buy it in the first few days (hopefully they will be putting the discount on it at first).
    SQUEE! How amazing does this set look?! I'm not even American, but I'm tempted to treat myself to a Fourth of July present (I realise that's not really a thing, but I want this set!). Everything about it just looks incredible! I really hope they put a decent discount on it though, just to tempt me even more. :D
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    :lol::lol:
    those who know what I mean know what I mean
    Haha, I'm 99% sure I know what you're talking about, and it cracked me up big time! Keep up the hilarious way, Ashley. You're my comedic hero!
    _________

Anyway, I just wanted to say a few things:
    1. The new set looks AMAZING! So many goodies (and L-shaped stairs)! ZOMG!

2. My article is almost done, so a huge thank you to my interview ladies; I'll be sending it your way ASAP, if you want to read (you don't have to). I hope I didn't butcher anyone's comments too bad, but I did do a little cleaning up. The article isn't perfect, but I think for the amount of words and what I wanted to cover, it's come together nicely! :thumbup:

3. Sims 4: I've said before I'm not buying, but I really wanted to vent about how upsetting all of the negativity is! Like, I really do think it's going to be a good game -- the options in CAS and Build/Buy look incredible, and I'm genuinely excited for the game play. It's not MY game, because I don't need unique Sims when I mostly like to build and revamp, but it looks like it's going to be a great base game and that in five years time, it'll probably be bigger and better than Sims 3 in a lot of ways; if anything, it looks like it will be more well-rounded. So, I'm getting really frustrated. I know a lot of people are upset and I don't blame them for that, but grrrrrr!

It's really sad thinking of what the devs are going through. I saw a few posts (in the Sims 4 forums :oops: ) where people were complaining about the things they've been saying and how they're not clear -- while that's probably true in a lot of ways (like with most games before release), the examples a lot of them are using are really, really bad; I certainly know that when reading them, the SimGuru made perfect sense to ME on Twitter (which is a hard thing to do in itself, communicating these things in 140 characters or less). So, I'm just trying my hardest not to vent-post over there. Like, it doesn't look like my game and I think a lot of us here aren't quite interested in it yet because we've committed so much money here, but I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the game, y'know? Pools seem like a weird thing to leave out, but I can guarantee there's a dam(n) good reason. The same with toddlers; I'm actually wondering if maybe the non-burrito babies will be fused with toddler game play (say, a 9- to 12-month-old). All this talk about lack of actual game play footage is frustrating, too; it makes sense that people want to see it, but it's not all that common to get proper game play footage some two months before release. So, maybe it'll come soon, or maybe it's a surprise, but either way it's not that unusual and probably makes a lot of sense. Please don't flame me. :mrgreen:

Anyway, there's my highly inflammatory post for the day! I just really needed to get that off my chest, before I get too cranky about it. I really do hope I didn't offend anyone, but my interest in game journalism probably means that I look at things differently -- all of the stuff the devs are doing seems normal and makes sense (to me, anyway). So, happy thoughts now; sunshine, rainbows, kittens, #BrunchAtTheOldMill. :mrgreen:

In other news, my boyfriend is planning on climbing Mt Evans (one of the 14,000ft mountains in Colorado) with some friends on Fourth of July. It seems like an odd choice, but that means I get to play Sims uninterrupted. :D

EDIT: Just wanted to also say that I'm NEVER going back to the Sims 4 forums, EVER! I promise.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi, Erin. We just got back from vacation or I would have answered you sooner.

Daughter and son-in-law live in the Milwaukee, WI area and he works for Concours BMW. Milwaukee is on the shore of Lake Michigan (one of the Great Lakes). I think climate-wise it may be snowier than Denver but the temperature should be about the same. Of course the elevation is very different; no mountains around here - just rolling hills. And the countryside is full of cows (we're known as the Dairy State) :P .

Sorry to hear you have the sniffles. They are so annoying. Can't go anywhere without a tissue :( . Be sure to get plenty of vitamin C and lots of rest and you'll be good as new in no time :wink: .

Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That Sims 4 forum is something else. I thought the Bioware forums were toxic!
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    despina53 wrote:
    Hi, Erin. We just got back from vacation or I would have answered you sooner.

Daughter and son-in-law live in the Milwaukee, WI area and he works for Concours BMW. Milwaukee is on the shore of Lake Michigan (one of the Great Lakes). I think climate-wise it may be snowier than Denver but the temperature should be about the same. Of course the elevation is very different; no mountains around here - just rolling hills. And the countryside is full of cows (we're known as the Dairy State) :P .

Sorry to hear you have the sniffles. They are so annoying. Can't go anywhere without a tissue :( . Be sure to get plenty of vitamin C and lots of rest and you'll be good as new in no time :wink: .
    Haha, I'm practically snorting down the vitamin C to stay healthy! I think it's helped keep this cold at bay for a while already. :lol:

I'm not so familiar with Wisconsin, so it's interesting to hear (read) what you have to say. My boyfriend says he could never live there, so I guess it's off the cards, but I actually quite like the sound of it. The house my parents lived in when I was born was right next to a dairy farm, out in the rolling hills in the middle of nowhere! It sounds quite heavenly, if you ask me. :P My boyfriend is trying to convince me that it's much colder there, but he's doing a terrible job; he says it regularly gets to -20F in Wisconsin, but when I was in Colorado it go to -22F. *sigh* Boys are so silly!

I hope you had a great time on your vacation! It's a good time to get back, too, now that the weather is heating up over there. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    That Sims 4 forum is something else. I thought the Bioware forums were toxic!
    I know! I just wrote an article (mostly for a university assignment, potentially for a gaming magazine) about DLC in video games, and more than I'd like turned into how much people hate EA. Like, not me saying that I don't like them, but that they certainly are on the receiving end of a lot of vitriol and gamer hatred. It's somewhat warranted, mind you, considering that EA has a knack for being a little money-hungry (at the cost of fans) and just plain difficult to deal with, but their games definitely seem to bring out really angry fans!
    a.k.a. Erin