Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started May 21st CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited June 2014
    XluAj4I.jpg
    Look who I found cruising around Dragon Valley!

I was sneaking around the creepy butcher lady's house for an investigator case and I heard a very familiar engine roar. Sure enough..
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited June 2014
    davina1221 wrote:
    Now on topic: We are on deal #66. I'm keeping track because I'm hoping to something on the list before it goes off, but it has to go around again. I'm also hoping they put in on Sale and MMAO so I can see which way is cheapest. :D

Incase you are not really sure how to use the spreadsheet to find out what deal we are up to, I thought I would show a few pictures that might help explain it.

Once you open the spreadsheet:

ScreenShot2014-06-28at45014pm_zpsf0b3633e.png"width=500"

You will then see this:
    ScreenShot2014-06-28at44412pm_zps3fafe918.png"width=500"

To find the deal you are after scroll down til you find it, then scroll across to your time zone and it will tell you when the deal should be coming up.

I hope this helps :D
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2014
    @ ashygirl94

Thank you so much for the gift. I LOVE it :mrgreen:
    That was very kind of you :!:

I`m waiting for #78 "Glitter & Glam Diva and Divo" and #89 "Man Cave Compilation". According to Elianahere`s spreadsheet, they should both be free for me :mrgreen:

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone :!:

BTW, great screenshot Devalaous.
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2014
    Marvelissa wrote:
    When I was looking at the item list for something, I noticed an unmarked repeat. 15 and 213 are both Wretched Threads. 15 is cheaper.

Thanks for catching it, tis now fixed!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sorry to almost always post things unrelated to the DD (I have to prove im alive still somehow!), but I found out my only other public story thread is now fully public, no forum registration required to read (Unless it suddenly reverted)

Anyone who liked the Ridiculon one might like this, although it does switch between four distinct groups, three of whom are in my studio
    http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/2d-terrarian-npcs-recreated-in-3d-in-sims-3.129959/

The three in my studio are 3D remakes of characters from the 2D game Terraria, the fourth is four members of the community there, including one of the game's developers. I've been wanting to share this with Frye, Kelly and the rest for a long time now. The final entry (that I wrote up just now) nearly made me cry at the end...I think I'm getting better at this.

A word of warning: Page 1 is all photobucket stuff. It WILL go down with enough views. Page 2 is where it starts properly, page 1 is all CAS shots, to show the players of Terraria how their beloved NPCs were remade in full 3D

• Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I'm clocking in for my shift.

Dev - Took a quick glimpse at the first page of your story, and those are some very creative costumes. :mrgreen: I'm especially fond of that sleepwear outfit with the body suit and the bunny slippers. I bookmarked it, since I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get through it all in one sitting.
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    The goddess tank expired at 52 mins past the hour.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    @Spreadsheet team - I'm clocking in for my shift.

Ok I will clock out now. I have not updated for the end of the goddess tank yet though.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited June 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    Dev - Took a quick glimpse at the first page of your story, and those are some very creative costumes. :mrgreen: I'm especially fond of that sleepwear outfit with the body suit and the bunny slippers. I bookmarked it, since I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get through it all in one sitting.

Where did all YOUR updates go? :p

• Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited June 2014
    @Tahera - You're welcome!

@Ximph - Good luck on getting More Magic. You'll be one step closer to "Best of 2012".

My brother gifted me a bunch of pieces to Live Laugh Love and knocked the price down to just 5 SP. :D He bought the game years ago, but never played it and didn't use his free points. What's funny was he was only reminded because we were talking about our bad gaming habits. My DD obsession and him buying games and never playing them.

I really hope there will be a store wide sale soon. I have 7 compilations that would be free at 33% off.

That July set has piqued my interest. I'd kill for that wall covered ivy!
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Devalaous wrote:
    Where did all YOUR updates go? :p

Yeah, I suck. :? I've been back to work for a couple of months now, and I haven't had any time to play. Have I mentioned that being a self-employed workaholic is a dangerous thing? I need to teach myself to take more breaks. Maybe I'll accomplish that in month #3.

I did have some old screenshots, but they were sort of "bottom of the barrel" material. But it might be a good idea to post some of them just for the sake of still having updates....
    ashygirl94 wrote:
    That July set has piqued my interest. I'd kill for that wall covered ivy!

Same here, although I'm especially excited about the mossy stairs. And the tea, of course. Looks like they're growing cucumbers too. Maybe cucumber sandwiches to go with the tea?
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited June 2014
    ashygirl94 wrote:

I really hope there will be a store wide sale soon. I have 7 compilations that would be free at 33% off.
    I'm in a similar position. Not sure how many exactly (I should probably check) but I've got several comps that'd be free or close to it at 33% off as well. Fingers crossed for a Summer Storewide Sale. :)
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited June 2014
    Can get free:
    Best of 2012 (once I get India Inspirations, 29% discount needed)
    April 2012 (also once I get India Insp, 26% discount needed)
    October 2011 (13% discount needed)
    Fun for Kids of All Ages (16% discount needed)
    Fortune's Folly (22% discount needed)

Almost:
    Make a Wish (46% discount needed, ~400 SP CYS at 33% off)

Also, unrelatedly: Due to Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing dropping in price, Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear now costs 108 SP more that its components. Nice, EA. :roll:
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited June 2014
    October 2011 is one I need a sale on too. All it needs is an 8% discount!
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Devalaous wrote:
    Sorry to almost always post things unrelated to the DD (I have to prove im alive still somehow!), but I found out my only other public story thread is now fully public, no forum registration required to read (Unless it suddenly reverted)

This looked great, Dev! I don't know enough about the originals to appreciate the Sim versions, though - I'd have loved to have seen shots of them for comparison. But cool work!

In other news, got a copy of High-End Loft Stuff at Goodwill today for $3. I don't think I had that vibromatic heart bed yet - would have been great for my tacky house.

Hope all are well.

ETA: Okay, I know the SimPoint ad thing says the points may not show up for up to 24 hours, but has anybody actually ever seen points show up significantly after watching the video?

Because I literally have just watched over 40 videos - the button keeps popping up on all of my tabs - to the point of "Thanks for watching" blue button, and my SimPoints have not gone up by 1. I'm still watching more, since the blue button keeps coming up, but seriously, this seems ridiculous.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    pangolin22pangolin22 Posts: 250 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:

ETA: Okay, I know the SimPoint ad thing says the points may not show up for up to 24 hours, but has anybody actually ever seen points show up significantly after watching the video?

Because I literally have just watched over 40 videos - the button keeps popping up on all of my tabs - to the point of "Thanks for watching" blue button, and my SimPoints have not gone up by 1. I'm still watching more, since the blue button keeps coming up, but seriously, this seems ridiculous.

I just had the same experience of watching a ton of videos for no points but I am happy to report my account went up by 165 points about an hour later! So have faith :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I had some points show up about 10 minutes after watching the video once. They've usually appeared immediately, though.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited June 2014
    Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo ended early. I had logged on when the deal had already changed at 4:13 CST with 1:53 minutes into the next deal. So GG + DD ended approx 6 minutes after the hour and lasted 73 minutes.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    This spreadsheet is amazing! I can't tell you how many items I have gotten for free, because I owned most of the set! Just today I finished off Diva+Divo/Bedroom and the Gentleman's lounge! What I love about getting that lounge is that it gets me one step closer to getting a few other sets free. LOL.

I didn't start using the daily deals and sales until about a month ago and finding this thread has helped me find when I might be able to complete sets for very little to no real money! :)

I appreciate all the hard work you all do to keep this alive! :)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you so much for the info, Jodi. I got pulled away from my computer, so I missed the end of G&G D+D and Gentleman's Lounge. So this was a great help.
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:

I watched a bunch of them and by the time they ended it didn't seem like my points budged much, but then a few minutes later the page updated and the points appeared. So my guess is its keeping count, but the time in which the points drop may vary. Also, sometimes logging out and back in will help, at least with mine.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I'm clocking out. The spreadsheet is updated to the start of Africa Inspiration Collection. Good night!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I am clocking in.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited June 2014
    7H1gGew.jpg
    Soon, your story will begin at last. I promise.

• Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited June 2014
    I own all but one item of Steampunk, the Return and the store still wants 40 simpoints! Ugh!