Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started May 21st CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited June 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I am clocking out. The spreadsheet is updated to the start of Hacienda Luxury

a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited June 2014
    @spreadsheet team - I am clocking in
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey all, hope you're having a good weekend!

Yes, I did eventually get about half of the SimPoints for those dozens of ads I watched, so it's probably worth it to keep clicking on them even if it doesn't look like you're getting points. I'm trying to save up for the new set coming out this week. Tea table! Jam maker and canning station! 2 new harvestables! Circular gate! Water wheel! It makes me break out in exclamation marks!!!!!!!! Speaking of, don't forget, if you're thinking about buying it, to make sure the early bird discount has been put on it before you buy it in the first few days (hopefully they will be putting the discount on it at first).

And speaking of ads, I currently have some store tabs where I clicked on the blue button and my whole screen just went kind of gray, like an ad popup was going to show up, but it never did. If I click anywhere, the page just refreshes and the button is gone. Does anyone know if there's a trick to make these yield points? Like that trick for the black ads where you click on the black area to get the points? Thanks!

Edit: typo. My "s" and "i" keys are sticky so I have to press really hard on them. I'll probably end up with really muscular left ring and right middle fingers.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    Hey all, hope you're having a good weekend!

Yes, I did eventually get about half of the SimPoints for those dozens of ads I watched, so it's probably worth it to keep clicking on them even if it doesn't look like you're getting points. I'm trying to save up for the new set coming out this week. Tea table! Jam maker and canning station! 2 new harvestables! Circular gate! Water wheel! It makes me break out in exclamation marks!!!!!!!! Speaking of, don't forget, if you're thinking about buying it, to make sure the early bird discount has been put on it before you buy it in the first few days (hopefully they will be putting the discount on it at first).

And speaking of ads, I currently have some store tabs where I clicked on the blue button and my whole screen just went kind of gray, like an ad popup was going to show up, but it never did. If I click anywhere, the page just refreshes and the button is gone. Does anyone know if there's a trick to make these yield points? Like that trick for the black ads where you click on the black area to get the points? Thanks!

Edit: typo. My "s" and "i" keys are sticky so I have to press really hard on them. I'll probably end up with really muscular left ring and right middle fingers.

Hmm, when that happens to me its usually because I scrolled down the page to click the add and have to scroll back to the top again to see it. Otherwise I have not had it fully grey weather I scroll up or down yet.

I am now in wait mode to get More Magic off the DD list. According to the spreadsheet it wont be up for me till the fourth of July! XD
    I can tell you this, I will be toting the phone with me if I can't be near my computer that day!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    Cogitotoro wrote:

Hmm, when that happens to me its usually because I scrolled down the page to click the add and have to scroll back to the top again to see it. Otherwise I have not had it fully grey weather I scroll up or down yet.
    I know what she's talking about; it's a visual glitch, and the screen won't scroll. The ad seems to blow up and you can only see a corner of it; the screen "behind" it goes gray, and you can see that the graphics of the original page have expanded and distorted.

I'm not sure if it's a glitch with the video card driver; I've seen the glitch a few times on my desktop, but never on my laptop, and my laptop doesn't have an advanced video card like my desktop does. This only happens with the new ads, however; it never happened before this.

Have you ever played a game that said it needed to set your video card to defaults in order to run? It usually happens with older games. When you allow it to do this, then if you alt-tab out of the game temporarily, your graphics in Windows will look stretched and distorted. It's the same thing with these ads. So it's like the ad is trying to change the video card settings. (Although it isn't really, because everything else on my computer is always fine.)

I've had a few other glitches with these new ads, but overall they appear to be working better than they were before.

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2014
    :D On deal #94 to help people to figure out where we are on the list.
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    :lol::lol:

those who know what I mean know what I mean
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really am moving out now. Feels so weird. Rescued my precious consoles and CD wallets, and liberated a large stockpile of food. Have a new home sorted too. No more attempted murder!
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2014
    Devalaous wrote:
    I really am moving out now. Feels so weird. Rescued my precious consoles and CD wallets, and liberated a large stockpile of food. Have a new home sorted too. No more attempted murder!

"No attempted murder" is definitely a good feature of any new home. :D I'm glad things are working out for the best, and I'm sure those of us worrywarts are all breathing a sigh of relief that you're getting away from the psycho!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Jo - I can clock in whenever you want a break, just let me know :D
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited June 2014
    @Catherine - I am clocking out now. I just updated the spreadsheet for relaxed sweater. Thanks.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Devalaous wrote:

I'm glad to hear you are now in a safer place :D
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    @Catherine - I am clocking out now. I just updated the spreadsheet for relaxed sweater. Thanks.

Ok I will clock in now, Sleep well :-)
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited June 2014
    qUBuh8m.jpg
    Just for you Frye, Jamil is alive and back in his original colours.

I need to fill that vast empty expanse behind him with something, get the outdoor area prettied up, then his story can begin properly

• Options
    edited June 2014
    @spreadsheet team - I am clocking out now. The spreadsheet is updated to the start of Rebel Just Because.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    :lol::lol:

those who know what I mean know what I mean

I believe I know what you mean and I agree :lol::lol::lol:

@DD spreadsheet team - I am in and out of OE today. I will update the spreadsheet as I can today.

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited June 2014
    Devalaous.....am glad to hear you are safe and getting things sorted out. Hope your aches and pains are all better too. I saw the pic posted above and was thinking you need a bit more furniture unless you are doing one of those challenges that won't let you buy stuff until you have xxxx amt of money....or maybe your stylist quit?? :lol: Looking forward to more stories.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Its a big mansion, pretty much the best thing I've ever managed to build from scratch. The ground floor there is the most bare, and probably the last indoor area to do. No clue what to fill it with, the rest of the house is pretty much done with every imaginable kind of room.

• Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2014
    Devalaous wrote:
    Its a big mansion, pretty much the best thing I've ever managed to build from scratch. The ground floor there is the most bare, and probably the last indoor area to do. No clue what to fill it with, the rest of the house is pretty much done with every imaginable kind of room.

Might I suggest a row of 6 or 7 dairy corrals? :mrgreen:

No, but really, I'm very happy to see Jamil back again. Lol @ his choice of conversation topics. That's awesome that you're almost ready to start his story.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I am here a bit early today and I can take over whenever you are ready.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Catherine, I would love to have to take over. I just updated to the start of the birdbath.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    Catherine, I would love to have to take over. I just updated to the start of the birdbath.

Ok I will clock in now :D
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited July 2014
    So I purchased both the kids and Teens as well as adult street couture sets, which gave me April 2011 comp for only 20 simpoints. This depleted my simpoints for the time being but strangely enough suddenly the 'Through the Spyglass Bathroom' stuff for free?? Kinda weird, but hey, cant argue with free!
    So now I am super close to getting the Fortune Folley completed as well as march 2011!! So exciting!
    Also, still have to wait for Making Magic to come up on the list! Hurrrr, thank you to those who brought us back those add points!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    The birdbath expired at 30 mins past the hour
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    So I purchased both the kids and Teens as well as adult street couture sets, which gave me April 2011 comp for only 20 simpoints. This depleted my simpoints for the time being but strangely enough suddenly the 'Through the Spyglass Bathroom' stuff for free?? Kinda weird, but hey, cant argue with free!
    So now I am super close to getting the Fortune Folley completed as well as march 2011!! So exciting!
    Also, still have to wait for Making Magic to come up on the list! Hurrrr, thank you to those who brought us back those add points!
    Through the Spyglass Bathroom is free for me as well. Very strange...
    qPSCOr.jpg