Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started May 21st CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    iam_Crazariam_Crazar Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow....I'm not on here for a week, and I missed so much! Discussions of some of my fav movies (who doesn't love Miyazaki films?), discussions of my fav anime (I own all the Inu Yasha movies, and box sets), totally cool outcome for kelly (your man has great taste by the way), and a great new dance video....

The announcement about no toddlers and pools in Sims 4 pretty much did it for me. I was on the fence about it, but as Izziebelle said "Hoenn Remake"!!! (and I won't say how long I've been waiting on that...it's only been a rumor for a few years now....). I suppose I will bide my time and wait to see what the EP's are like. I still have plenty to do in Sims 3, and lots that I still want from the store.

Glad that you are ok Dev. Sounds sort of like what happened to my son this week while hanging out with some of his "friends". Luckily he is alright, a few bruises and he's very upset that they treated him like that...I'm just glad that he made it home safe. Now that I have rambled on all OT, I suppose I should stray back to the actual topic of the thread.

Thanks to all the hard work of the wonderful people running this thread do, I have managed to pick up a few sets for free, and some really cheap. I, too, am now ready for a new rotation. Waiting through what I own is becoming harder to do and I laugh everytime I see that blue button. Still there are a few more sets from this rotation that I keep missing (Hewnsman Outdoor set....), but I would still be happy with a new rotation...
    a.k.a-Nina
  • Options
    mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    This no toddlers business...smh. I'm beyond teed off, but sad to say I'm not surprised. Sure there'll be a toddlers EP, but it's getting ridiculous how much they've taken away from the game at this point, in the interests of getting more of our money. At this point that toddler EP better also add preteens and middle-agers as well...better be worth it. :(
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dev, I'm glad to know that you're more or less okay where you are. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. FYI, my email is fryesims at gmail, if you need it.

Spreadsheet team - I'm clocking out at 12:09am. The spreadsheet is updated to the start of Full Regal Living Set.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,997 Member
    edited June 2014
    @ spreadsheet team - I will clock in for a bit, but I may fall asleep at my laptop.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2014
    @Dev Glad your in a safe place. Hoping you remain in a safe place!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited June 2014
    Me1620 wrote:
    @ spreadsheet team - I will clock in for a bit, but I may fall asleep at my laptop.

I can't usually update on thursday nights (my time), but my plans got cancelled last minute so I can update tonight if you would like.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited June 2014
    Got my cooling pad and other supplies dropped off, playing the game again after a month or so.

You know whats ironic? The guy that tried to kill me has a sim parody in two of my savefiles. And in the game, he also gets into fights with me and my brother (And everyone else in town!). I really did give his mockery version the perfect five traits..
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Spreadsheet team. I am clocking out. The spreadsheet is updated to the start of Stylin’ Saggy.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited June 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I'm clocking in for my shift.

Dev - I don't know why I never thought to make a sim version of someone I disliked in real life, but I imagine there's a lot of potential there for interesting forms of stress relief... :twisted:
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:

Dev - I don't know why I never thought to make a sim version of someone I disliked in real life, but I imagine there's a lot of potential there for interesting forms of stress relief... :twisted:

There may be a lot of sim versions of the executives of a certain company being made as we speak...
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    FryeGuy24 wrote:

There may be a lot of sim versions of the executives of a certain company being made as we speak...
    LOL!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2014
    :D This might be more useful to me if the person posting would say deal #10 is starting ect. Because it is hard to look down a list of a hundred items to see where we are and how close to deal # so and so we are. Please consider posting the numbers that go with the items from the front page. Thanks so much. :D

Looks like we are on #49 right now. :D
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    A Little Chilly dress ended early, looks like at about 15 past the hour.

@davina1221, your best bet if you want to quickly find which deal we're on is to use the spreadsheet linked from the first page of the thread.

ETA:
    FYI, an updated official FAQ for TS4 just came out - among other things, it says this:

14327174079_5ef0bbd271_z.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sims 4 Game Changer for DD Stalkers:
    Will I be able to use SimPoints to purchase additional content in The Sims 4?

SimPoints will not be supported by The Sims 4, but will continue to be a form of payment for The Sims 3 content in The Sims 3 Store.

http://www.thesims.com/faq

So ... will there be a Sims4 Store? If so, how will we buy stuff? With real money? Will we still see weekly Sales and Daily Deals?

Is this another bad move by EA? With Simpoints they already have our money to put into new product. If we only buy what we want when we want it they could be losing a valuable revenue stream ...

• Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited June 2014
    We still don't know if S4 content will be sold by a subscription service. Just have to wait a couple more months and see :D
  • Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited June 2014
    ajaxpost wrote:

So ... will there be a Sims4 Store? If so, how will we buy stuff? With real money? Will we still see weekly Sales and Daily Deals?
    Every copy of Sims 4 will come with a needle, plastic tubing, a tourniquet and a five gallon bucket. For every bucket you fill you'll get an item from The Sims 4 Store. Premium content will require 5 buckets and venues/full sets will be 10 buckets. No CYS!!!

I'm so glad I can finally see adds again. I've got enough points now for Grandpa's Grove when it comes up in the rotation.
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2014
    davina1221 wrote:
    :D This might be more useful to me if the person posting would say deal #10 is starting ect. Because it is hard to look down a list of a hundred items to see where we are and how close to deal # so and so we are. Please consider posting the numbers that go with the items from the front page. Thanks so much. :D

To ensure people didn't get confused I would have to be on here 24/7 just to be sure it was current, and that is something I can't do. However, just a quick post in here to ask where we are and any of us who happen to be on will surely let you know the number of the current item. Pretty sure the spreadsheet would be extremely helpful in finding where we are on the list too.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    FYI, an updated official FAQ for TS4 just came out - among other things, it says this:

14327174079_5ef0bbd271_z.jpg
    Isn't that a direct contradiction of what they said earlier, that our points will "transfer" to Sims 4? Or was that merely a rumor and not something one of the Gurus said?
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited June 2014
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Sims 4 Game Changer for DD Stalkers:
    Will I be able to use SimPoints to purchase additional content in The Sims 4?

SimPoints will not be supported by The Sims 4, but will continue to be a form of payment for The Sims 3 content in The Sims 3 Store.

Is this another bad move by EA? With Simpoints they already have our money to put into new product. If we only buy what we want when we want it they could be losing a valuable revenue stream ...
    Oh, they'll have a Sims 4 store. How else can they gouge simmers, especially since Sims 4 won't have create a style? They'll probably either use a different point system (so you have to start all over again), have simmers just use EA points (rather than converting them to simpoints) or they'll require you to pay for items with a credit card.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited June 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    I've done it several times. It's fun to make a village scapegoat (or bully, thug, whatever), and it's extremely cathartic. The first time I did it was in Sims 2; I made a Sim of someone I hated, got the Simlogical Prison mod, and locked him in a dungeon.
  • Options
    sims96fansims96fan Posts: 203
    edited June 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    davina1221 wrote:

To ensure people didn't get confused I would have to be on here 24/7 just to be sure it was current, and that is something I can't do. However, just a quick post in here to ask where we are and any of us who happen to be on will surely let you know the number of the current item. Pretty sure the spreadsheet would be extremely helpful in finding where we are on the list too.

Wow, I'm surprised anyone has had a complaint about the DD list. :roll:

The amount of work that has gone into the list and spreadsheet are amazing and beyond anything casual stalkers can expect, so thank you! Really, to know where the list is currently, all you have to do is have a browser window open to the first page with the list, one to the DD page, and ctrl-f to find the current item. It's really not rocket science.
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited June 2014
    Woah, I missed out on a lot! :shock:

First, Dev: I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you! It's not much, but I hope you're as okay as you can be right now. You're in my thoughts, so I'm wishing you a speedy and peaceful recovery. Next time you disappear from the forum for a while, can you please not die and also not come close to dying? :mrgreen:

For my lovely interview ladies (Sandi, Jodi and Catherine), I'm finally getting through this and I realised I could do with another small detail: when you buy from the Store, generally how much of a discount do you look for? I'm trying to show that you three are rather Store-savvy but have still spent a lot of money, if that makes sense.

It's a shame that SimPoints won't transfer -- or be used at all with Sims 4. I definitely am interested to see what will happen; as David said, there could be EPs or subscriptions or plenty of other weird and wonderful ways to politely deliver new content as expensively as possible. I do remember there was news that someone was found on LinkedIn to be a part of implementing the Day One DLC for Sims 4, but the whole thing was a bit vague; it might just mean the pre-order/LE bonuses, or they might have been full of hooey altogether.

As for toddlers and pools, etc. etc. etc., I am once again glad that I decided to hold off. As I said before, I'm sure the game will be great in its own right, but it doesn't sound quite like the game with which I fell in love. I just need to hold onto that and stick with it! If I can stay with Sims 3 for a few more years (and I have plenty to do to keep me occupied), then I can swoop in at the end of Sims 4 and pick everything up super cheap; while not having all the little limited time freebies will suck, it's worth it to pay so much less and get to enjoy this game longer.
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    Erin - I'm glad things worked out with your boyfriend! :cheers: And I feel exactly the same way about TS4. In a way, it's a relief that so many things aren't Frye-friendly either, because I knew I didn't want to buy it, but I was wondering if I'd feel like I was missing out.

However, I might have to challenge you for the title of Most Overzealous Tea Drinker. :mrgreen:
    Exactly! I KNOW I don't REALLY want it, but then I don't want to feel like I'm missing out. So, I'm hoping that all of these announcements will just keep turning me off! I sincerely doubt you can challenge me for that title though. I'm not just a tea drinker, but a tea DEVOURER! My mother used to worry about me, because when I was very little, I'd chug my tea to 'beat' my brother (my record was a full cup in three seconds flat). Now, all these years later, I really struggle to let a cup of tea sit still for more than a minute or two! So, that means I go through a lot of cups each day. :oops:
    bekkasan wrote:
    I drink southern tea, sweet and cold! Been known to drink hot tea at The China Buffet though. :-)

I'm still on the fence about Sims4. I don't think I will enjoy it as much without the ability to do custom colors and patterns, but, I was late getting to the Sims3 party and missed a lot of special things that they will not repeat now. I did finally find a copy of the Sweet Treats and some of it is over the top, but, I like some of the decor for kid areas so am happy with that. I keep telling myself that I still have so many things planned for Sims3 that I don't need 4 right away. :shock: :roll:
    I'm kind of worried as well about missing out on the special goodies of Sims 4. I've been here for the whole Sims 3 experience, but until last year I wasn't in a position to buy things on the internet, so I missed out on a lot; I didn't really use the forums or the Store that much as a result, so I missed out on even more free content that way. Then, of course, I was just in the wrong country at the wrong time, so things like Dr Pepper and T-Mobile all slipped by me. So, that's the main reason I'm tempted by Sims 4 at this stage; well, that and the new build features (OMG, wall heights and 'smart' windows!), but even those are kind of overshadowed by the fact that I'll be back to base game content. So, I keep telling myself that same thing, that I have so many plans for Sims 3 that I couldn't possibly need Sims 4 for a long time.

Southern tea? I feel silly for asking, but is that just sweetened ice tea, or do you actually mean the English-style hot tea that you leave out cold? This feels just like that scones vs biscuits conversation all over again. :P
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Spreadsheet Team - I'm clocking out for the night. The spreadsheet is updated to the beginning of Sleep Loud.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,997 Member
    edited June 2014
    kellycot1 wrote:
    For my lovely interview ladies (Sandi, Jodi and Catherine), I'm finally getting through this and I realised I could do with another small detail: when you buy from the Store, generally how much of a discount do you look for? I'm trying to show that you three are rather Store-savvy but have still spent a lot of money, if that makes sense.

My threshold varied depending on the age of the venue or set. I used to have a threshold of 40% off for older items and sets. If a set was newer, I would accept 30%. For new releases, I would accept the 10% off if I really wanted the set or venue immediately, especially the venues.

The Gothique Library is the only item I do not currently own. My threshold is 90% because I own the spell book and the set is not CYS. The items included are not ones I would use very often so I am in no rush to buy this set. I also will not rush to buy some of the venues to be released in the future since the store has in recent months changed its pricing policy. A year ago, new venues were rarely offered for sale more than 30% and that was long after release. As Sims 3 winds down, the store team has offered much higher discounts. Most people expressed surprise at the 30% discount offered for Now and Then Manor so soon after it was released. Also the last few DD rotations are seeing many discounts between 65% and 75%. If I had a crystal ball, my threshold would have been higher.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I am clocking in now.
    a.k.a. Catherine