Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started May 21st CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2014
    New Store Special page is up! Hope everyone finds something they want!

Quaint Cottage is on the list as well as the Warbling Windchimes <also part of the Quaint Cottage stuff> currently the only set that makes sense for me to go after as I have 50% of it. Cuts it down to 275 for me, so as long as the adds keep coming I should be able to get it before the end of the sale, horray!
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the hint, Ximph :mrgreen:

I already own 70% of the Quaint Cottage Collection and my price is 40 Simpoints :shock: :mrgreen:

I also own all the other sets except off Live, Laugh, Love which is still not cheap enough for me :wink:
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited June 2014
    kellycot1 wrote:

For my lovely interview ladies (Sandi, Jodi and Catherine), I'm finally getting through this and I realised I could do with another small detail: when you buy from the Store, generally how much of a discount do you look for? I'm trying to show that you three are rather Store-savvy but have still spent a lot of money, if that makes sense.

Erin....Hey! I started out buying single items on sale or on the DD list. They had to be at least 25% off. The sets were a bit pricey then and we didn't have CYS when I first started buying. So, I just bought a few items at a time that I liked. We were getting those weekend freebies back then too which helped flesh out some sets. My first set was Gothic Glamour Living Room and it was over 1/2 off. CYS started soon after that and I would not get a set unless it was free or less than 200 SP. I started lurking the DD thread at that time to find out when single items I wanted would be up using Jodi's sheet. I didn't pay full price for any single items. Sets/venues were rare back then on the DD. I did buy a few of the brand new sets at introductory price if I really wanted them and didn't want to wait for a sale.

Oh, I also own the store :D:D minus two 'custom shirts' from MMAO, when it hits on free I will get those. I've snagged the others free, but those last two are being stubborn.
    bekkasan wrote:
    I drink southern tea, sweet and cold! Been known to drink hot tea at The China Buffet though. :-)

Southern tea? I feel silly for asking, but is that just sweetened ice tea, or do you actually mean the English-style hot tea that you leave out cold? This feels just like that scones vs biscuits conversation all over again. :P

Southern tea is really sweet ice cold tea. I actually don't drink it with sugar anymore. Sugar is bad apparently. :cry:

The more I hear about Sims4 the more I am teetering on that fence to the side for buying it cheap later instead of right away. Sigh.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ive been working on my Dragon Valley template file for the last two days, while a plan to move out is worked on.

Having time out to not move much at all is great for healing all those bruises too.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited June 2014
    @Spreadsheet team - I am clocking out. The spreadsheet is updated to the start of India Inspiration- Sherwani Dress Outfit

a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited June 2014
    just need to pick up may cc and ill be done.
  • Options
    mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2014
    @spreadsheet team, I am clocking in
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon
  • Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    India Inspiration- Sherwani Dress Outfit ended 19 minutes past the hour with 16 % sold.

I finally got ads again...4 so far...and none of them were working... :? Well, c'est la vie. :lol:

And I really don't know about Sims 4... difficult decision. I am curious about game play but they cut out to much. :roll:
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Omigosh, you guys, check in case it's not just me. The blue buttons won't stop showing up on my store tabs! I've gotten 13 in a row without refreshing on the DD page alone, and they seem to all be counting! I've made 100 SPs in like the last 10 minutes!

ETA: my run seems to have ended. I made 110 SPs, with 16 ads in a row showing up on the DD page with no refreshing.

Only thing I can think of: I've been tweeting a bunch, talking to SimGurus, which I never ever do. "twitter" does show up in the script at the bottom.... Ugh, does that mean I should try doing something on Facebook? That shows up in those scripts too, but I hate Facebook.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I agree Kuroi. Toddlers was the last straw to me. Even with the prospect of them being added in an EP, we have this to think about: EPs are insular, in that later EPs do not generally expand further on previous EPs. So any clothes, toys, toddler furniture, or deco that we get in that EP will be *all that we get*. So we will be paying yet more when they add toddler content to the store, because there will no further content added via EPs. Double the insult to us, in my view.

It's just too much. I have taken a bit of pride in completing my store collection for The Sims 3, but I'm going to have to rethink that for The Sims 4. It's not that I can't afford it, it's that it's no longer worth it.
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ximph wrote:
    Quaint Cottage is on the list as well as the Warbling Windchimes <also part of the Quaint Cottage stuff> currently the only set that makes sense for me to go after as I have 50% of it. Cuts it down to 275 for me, so as long as the adds keep coming I should be able to get it before the end of the sale, horray!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm so tired of seeing those wind chimes in my MMAO for 12% off. ;) Now that the base price has also been reduced, and since I'm getting ads now, it's finally within my threshold. [EDIT] Whoa, actually I have a green download button for Quaint Cottage, so no need for the wind chimes! :mrgreen:

And in case any lurkers weren't clear on this - if you want Quaint Cottage, if your CYS is more than 86sp, and if you don't already have the wind chimes, buy the wind chimes before you buy the set. This wouldn't be good advice if the wind chimes weren't on sale, but they are AND the Quaint Cottage set is, so the deal will be that much better.

Ashley - I'm getting continuous ads at the moment too. On many days, I get a maximum of 2, so this is unusual. One theory, since the ads are supposedly contingent on supply, is that there might just be more ads available for those of us who are around today, because internet traffic in general is lower on Fridays and Saturdays. But who knows? After so many months without ads, I'm taking advantage of it while it lasts.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm so tired of seeing those wind chimes in my MMAO for 12% off. ;) Now that the base price has also been reduced, and since I'm getting ads now, it's finally within my threshold. [EDIT] Whoa, actually I have a green download button for Quaint Cottage, so no need for the wind chimes! :mrgreen:

And in case any lurkers weren't clear on this - if you want Quaint Cottage, if your CYS is more than 86sp, and if you don't already have the wind chimes, buy the wind chimes before you buy the set. This wouldn't be good advice if the wind chimes weren't on sale, but they are AND the Quaint Cottage set is, so the deal will be that much better.

Ashley - I'm getting continuous ads at the moment too. On many days, I get a maximum of 2, so this is unusual. One theory, since the ads are supposedly contingent on supply, is that there might just be more ads available for those of us who are around today, because internet traffic in general is lower on Fridays and Saturdays. But who knows? After so many months without ads, I'm taking advantage of it while it lasts.

I love the windchimes so much. They just make a lovely ambient sound - I use them way more than most other PC items.

I edited my post about the ads, but your theory may be a good one too. Sorry for those who are not getting them, or not getting ones that work, like you, kuroi_nekomata! I was about to post in response to you that I've been getting a ton of non-working ads too (the spinning circle kind) and also ads that don't give me my points after the first couple although they all run (Coca-Cola and flea collar). Your post made me think to check for ads and I got my good run, so thanks along with the sorry...
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    Omigosh, you guys, check in case it's not just me. The blue buttons won't stop showing up on my store tabs! I've gotten 13 in a row without refreshing on the DD page alone, and they seem to all be counting! I've made 100 SPs in like the last 10 minutes!

ETA: my run seems to have ended. I made 110 SPs, with 16 ads in a row showing up on the DD page with no refreshing.

Only thing I can think of: I've been tweeting a bunch, talking to SimGurus, which I never ever do. "twitter" does show up in the script at the bottom.... Ugh, does that mean I should try doing something on Facebook? That shows up in those scripts too, but I hate Facebook.
    You weren't the only one. I had six tabs open and in minutes I made 115 sp!

I got the Quaint Cottage Collection and Faire Folk Outdoor with my extra points. I still have enough for the Grandpa's Grove DD, so I'm happy.

I love the wind chimes! I purhased them months ago at full price and never regretted it. 86 points for them is steal!
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was so happy yesterday when I figured out how to mute Flash videos so I could continue to play other games while letting the ads do their thing... And of course, immediately after that, the ads stopped showing up. :P
  • Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    @ Cogitotoro

Thank you sweetie for the gift. *hug* :mrgreen: That's so nice of you. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Your welcome Frye!

Yes, I got a strain of videos earlier today and got about 70 points out of it. I am really close to being able to finish off the quaint cottage stuff. :D
    My Studio
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:

I never do any of that and for the last 3 days, I've been getting a bunch of points too. I think it depends on how many you've collected over time or maybe you get 11 tries. I hope they keep them coming. :D

Now on topic: We are on deal #66. I'm keeping track because I'm hoping to something on the list before it goes off, but it has to go around again. I'm also hoping they put in on Sale and MMAO so I can see which way is cheapest. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    According to http://elianahere.jwhostings.net/ I should be getting "More Magic" Free when it comes around!! So excited! That set is alarm clock worthy!!
    My Studio
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    davina1221 wrote:
    Now on topic: We are on deal #66. I'm keeping track because I'm hoping to something on the list before it goes off, but it has to go around again. I'm also hoping they put in on Sale and MMAO so I can see which way is cheapest. :D
    I think we may have mentioned this before, but you really ought to check out the DD Spreadsheet. Due to the ceaseless vigilance of our crack DD team, it will almost always tell you exactly what deal we're on, and estimate when the deals you're looking for are coming up next. Their hard work means we don't need to be constantly posting what number deal we're on in this thread. While we're in rotation, the thread is more for updating the team if a deal ends early, and for chatting about DD and other bargain-hunting-related stuff.

Good luck getting your deal! :D
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited June 2014
    When I was looking at the item list for something, I noticed an unmarked repeat. 15 and 213 are both Wretched Threads. 15 is cheaper.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Marvelissa wrote:
    When I was looking at the item list for something, I noticed an unmarked repeat. 15 and 213 are both Wretched Threads. 15 is cheaper.
    Good eye, thanks! I updated the spreadsheet to reflect that.
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    davina1221 wrote:
    I think we may have mentioned this before, but you really ought to check out the DD Spreadsheet. Due to the ceaseless vigilance of our crack DD team, it will almost always tell you exactly what deal we're on, and estimate when the deals you're looking for are coming up next. Their hard work means we don't need to be constantly posting what number deal we're on in this thread. While we're in rotation, the thread is more for updating the team if a deal ends early, and for chatting about DD and other bargain-hunting-related stuff.

Good luck getting your deal! :D
    :thumbup:

Just make sure you're looking at the 'Current Rotation' list and it's way too easy to see where we're (roughly) up to. Davina, if you're after an item at the beginning of the NEXT rotation, the spreadsheet can also help you there, with timezones and everything! Just scroll down past this current rotation and the start of the next one, should we see another repeat, is there; find your item and scroll across to your timezone (or one close to yours) and voila! As we get closer and the spreadsheet is updated, this date/time will become more and more accurate. So, you hardly need to keep track yourself; just make sure you check in every so often to see if the time has changed a little.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Misty, I can take over whenever you are ready.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi Catherine, it's all yours, I'm clocking out now. I updated it to the start of FRC Bedroom. Have a great day everyone!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Misty - ok I will clock in now. Sleepwell :D
    a.k.a. Catherine