Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game achievements: Are you struggling? Don't know if it works? Post here (Please read First Post)

Comments

• Options
    Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Nevaehell wrote:
    TenderWolf wrote:
    ...but then again, I can't get Sole Survivor yet everyone else seems to have it.

TenderWolf - when I worked to get this badge, I made my Sim purchase the fire-walk pit for their lot [under outdoor activities] and then set it to scorching via clicking on it, then made them walk. That triggered the badge straight away. If you use a fire pit at a resort, more often than not, the pits are only set to the two "cooler" options, never scorching. Hope that helps!

I tried a few times to get it at a resort, and used your idea, but I still haven't gotten the badge.

A few more helpful tips:

Are you making sure that you are choosing the correct settings on the firewalker? As TenderWolf stated, it needs to be set on "scorching" as that is in the description. You can only click on a firewalk & change the settings if:

1. you own a firewalk on your home lot,
    2. you own the resort in which the firewalk is on,
    3. you are actually checked in at the resort in which the firewalk is on

If you try to use a firewalk at a resort that you don't own, or you are not currently checked into, you get a message that you can't use the resorts immensities unless you're checked in.

Firewalks have 3 settings: cool, hot & scorching. It has to be set to scorching for the badge to unlock. AND, your sim has to successfully walk all the way across. You will know if they are actually doing it & are successful because they do a little animation of taking off their shoes before the walk & will also get a moodlet about successfully firewalking when they finish.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but your sims traits may play a part here as well. Does your sim have the coward trait by chance? I'm not totally sure, but cowards probably won't successfully firewalk, and I doubt at the scorching setting. But it's something else to keep in mind.

If you've checked to make sure that all the above mentioned requirements/situations have been met, and yet the badge still does not unlock, then keep reporting your issue and say some prayers that someone with EA will eventually answer you with a solution.

Chances are that you're experiencing one of many of the bugs & errors with the achievement badge system. Chances are that you are doing everything right, and it's EA's faulty system that is the source of all your problems.
  • Options
    PrettyncoolPrettyncool Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    The sunset valley is blank?
    I brought it today and installed it on my laptop. When I started the game it showed a message that I can adjust something (I'm not sure) according to my computer's if the game has any problems. I ignored it :(

The sunset valley is just blank grey, there are no trees no houses,nothing. Just blank, grey.

Is there anything I can do to solve this?
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2013
    Just going to pop in here and say that I salute/agree with Mimi52861. There's a reason EA won the Golden **** award two years in a row...This is ridiculous and beyond infuriating.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited July 2013
    What the friggin' hell is wrong with this site?! I just noticed my profile says I only have 53 badges when I should have 82!

All of the website based ones such as the ones for adding friends and sharing memories as well as the ones purchased from the store are GONE!

Also as Mimi52861 has pointed out the site seems to think the last time I visited was over a year and a half ago!
    "You last visited on: 26/11/11 20:22"
    I was on here only a few days ago!

I can honestly say that I really hope there is a genuine reason keeping the gurus from this thread and not just the simple possibility that it's easier to ignore it.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited July 2013
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    Want me to shut up with my rants?

I raise my hand independently of Electronic Arts' Forum Rules as a chronic helper, a frequent topic poster, and a current thread poster.

I came to SimGuruRusskii's thread for insight into completing a few Achievements that did not automatically trigger upon expected completion.

Having worked in Public Safety for nearly twenty five of my resume years, I know that employees follow Administrative "suggestion" as to where their proactive response is.

SimGuruRusskii has undoubtedly been redirected to another area by corporate Electronic Arts, and SimGuruRusskii is addressing more pertinent issues as directed by The Sims 3 division of Electronic Arts.

I can't tell you what SimGuruRusskii would do off the clock, but if you talked to me in that tone when I was off duty, do you seriously think anyone would tolerate that tone or demand?

My Congrats to you if your game is running flawlessly.

My Condolences to you if your secondary Achievements have led to total disruption of your virtual life.

I find the personal attacks against SimGuruRusskii utterly offensive.

I find your tone towards SimGuruRusskii and Electronic Arts utterly offensive.

I find your choice of oversized red text utterly offensive.

I personally want your unproductive and antagonistic posts to stop diffusing the productive posts in this thread.

You can contact me personally if you take issue with my post.

Otherwise, take your personal vendetta against SimGuruRusskii up with Electronic Arts through their website address and stop scrolling the forum with your personal attack flotsam.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    shadedgrey63shadedgrey63 Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2013
    Huh, looks like I did get 'Sole Survivor', looking at my badges in-game, but I never got the notification. Weird...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wreck_Diver, I really don't care what you would do because you are admittedly not with EA and have no authority here. You are of course free to add your comments and opinions, of the game, website or help received,(or not received as the case may be),from EA. That freedom does not extend to discussing your personal attitude or opinions of me. Stay on topic and don't presume anything, else you make a fool of yourself. You say you came here to this thread to discuss an achievement badge issue, but all you did was rant about my rant, and not once did you state your badge issue. You're not very astute are you?

I am not personally attacking Russkii. I am however, questioning her abilities as a professional. As the EA representative that we customers have been stuck with, (since no others have bothered to come here and speak with us), I am picking apart what she herself has posted (and not posted) and I am calling her out on the FACT that she is consistently ignoring players issues, not giving forthright information or help, especially where the achievement badge system is concerned. She is clearly not qualified to do so and all we ever see is that she's passing the buck, blaming other teams or gurus for breaking things, rarely taking responsibility for said issues and repeatedly ignores players requests for assistance.

She clearly has no real power to make decisions and we repeatedly asked for someone of knowledge and capabilities to come here and speak with us concerning our valid issues. We are tired of getting the run-around and dealing with the constant issues that have been going on since last year. Also, I am not privy to Russkii's work schedule so I don't know when she's off duty or not. I just come here and post what my gaming & site issues are.

Your personal, real-life profession is not relevant to this threads discussion and I find it "utterly" offensive, so back off and keep your personal opinions of me to yourself. Since the website gives the option of using larger fonts and other colors, I shall continue to do so. I will use whatever tone I deem necessary.

As a Paying EA customer, I am exercising my right to complain when I'm not receiving satisfactory customer service or when I am getting inferior products. Your approval is not needed. Now kindly take your personal vendetta against me and crawl back into the hole you came out of and have a nice day.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The sunset valley is blank?
    I brought it today and installed it on my laptop. When I started the game it showed a message that I can adjust something (I'm not sure) according to my computer's if the game has any problems. I ignored it :(

The sunset valley is just blank grey, there are no trees no houses,nothing. Just blank, grey.

Is there anything I can do to solve this?
    Thank you so much!

So sorry you're having a problem with your game, but it sounds like you took a wrong turn...your in-game graphics issues don't quite fit here...this one is for the achievement badge system, but I will try to help.

From what little info you give here, it sounds like your graphics settings are preventing you from seeing the details. You really shouldn't ignore in-game messages...they are there for good reason. It was probably alerting you that your graphic card is not up to par for the game, or that the game settings will have to be set to "low" for it to even run. You may be able to play the game, but will miss out on much graphic detail.

You need to go into the game option settings (from the game main menu, before you try to start a game in Sunset Valley), and take note of the default settings on the first page. That is where the game auto-chooses the best default settings depending on your computers graphic card, the very first time you try to play the game. You may need to adjust the graphic setting sliders to "low" in order to play at all. You need to check the minimum requirements for the game to run, and compare that with your computer's specifications (You should have done this before ever purchasing to make sure you aren't wasting your money on a game your computer cannot run).

I hope this has been helpful and if not, please post your issue elsewhere in the tech forum (create a new thread with your specific issue stated in the thread name),and see if anyone else can help. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    ...Mimi, I'm with you. Like I've said, why do we have these threads? No one from EA comments on them, so how do we know they're even reading them, much less looking into the issues they contain? They say they listen to us, their paying customers, but I am constantly seeing evidence to the contrary.

Hey my friend TW. Thanks and I couldn't agree with you more!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    BernardD wrote:
    I am very discouraged with the badges. Since UL, I am missing all the unearned badges from Showtime up to the latest EP. Once IP was installed all the unearned UL badges disappeared. I see all the badges on My Page, but in game there are less than 200. I hoped when I installed IP it would fix the issue, but no such luck. So I can see them on the website, but cannot achieve them in game because they do not show up. :(

I hear you Bernard and I'm so sorry you're having such a bad experience. Join the club and keep up the posts. If we never speak up we will never be heard!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    Need help,
    I lost a lot of achievements that I completed...

One of them is "10 to the 4th Simoleons" - Earn 10,000 Simoleons by correlating Scientific Data.

I spend DAYS for this achievement... I can still find it on my page but not ingame...
    I also lost other "difficult" but also "easy" achievements ingame...

I hoped that if I would patch to 1.55 or install Island Paradise, it would be fixed but it didn't helped unfortunately...

Kerim99, I'm so sorry that you too are having such problems just trying to have some FUN! Yeah, I've been there and I feel ya. I wish I could get in there and fix these badge issues so we players could enjoy them, but I'm not even a guru gopher...I'm just another fed up customer just trying to have some fun playing a game.

Keep on posting your issues until you get satisfaction! If we all stand up, someone in EA land has got to see that we customers demand better than we are getting! I for one will not be bullied or intimidated into silence!

I am an American Citizen and EA is an American Company. I have a right under our constitution to speak out about poor customer service and inferior products! When EA starts listening to us customers and cleans up their act, stops releasing half-done games with ridiculous amounts of bugs & glitches, gets this pathetic website running right, and gives us real knowledgeable and truly helpful "gurus" to communicate with here in the forums, I will cease complaining!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    Just going to pop in here and say that I salute/agree with Mimi52861. There's a reason EA won the Golden **** award two years in a row...This is ridiculous and beyond infuriating.

Yes TW! We have to stand up for what's right and demand better from EA. All I want and expect is for my game to run correctly, for my achievement badges to work correctly, for my My Page to show everything correctly, everytime I log in, and a web site that isn't fraught with never ending problems. Yeah, I expect a lot. But then again, EA USED TO be a company that stood for excellence. I remember the good old days when EA was one of the best gaming companies out there. Now, they are one of the worst.

I agree with you TenderWolf, 100 percent! It's ridiculous and beyond infuriating. :x
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I know there were reports for Hermit Crab.
    Game team is currently looking at it and re-uploading it.

I will let you know once that is live again.

Edit: it should be live and working now.

I can update the thread tomorrow.
    thanks

Russkii, you posted this on page 3, on June 27th. It is now Sunday July 14th. Yes, I know you're probably not working today but that's not the point.

The point is that you lied to us, twice here. You said that this badge was live and working on June 27th. No, it was not. And it is STILL NOT.

You also said you could update the thread the next day. You did not do so and lied again.

You are teaching us customers that your word cannot be trusted. You are not giving us the help that we need and deserve. Show these threads that you created to your supervisor so that someone else other than you is aware and maybe we customers will get some real resolutions to the never-ending issues.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    In case anyone else has a problem with the way I'm posting, FYI: My glasses broke and I am legally blind and cannot see the small type well at all. If we were not meant to post in big or giant font or other colors, the options to do so would not be there. I have valid reasons for what I do and say.
  • Options
    shadedgrey63shadedgrey63 Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2013
    The 'Hermit Crab' badge wasn't unlocked when I moved my single sim to the hidden island I'd just uncovered.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like that's no longer a badge. Oops, lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The 'Hermit Crab' badge wasn't unlocked when I moved my single sim to the hidden island I'd just uncovered.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like that's no longer a badge. Oops, lol.

Yeah it's just another of the many screwups from the team responsible for the badge system. Funny that we are told that it was yanked out but I got the in-game notification that I actually achieved that one. I just never got the badge icon on my My Page.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yay, I feel loved!!! :D Thanks Mimi. :)

Okay, to address some other issues:

Apparently, there was some major site update yesterday (July 16)? Well I was, again, on vacation, so I didn't witness it, but from the sounds of it, it was a big flop. They had to completely do a rollback? I believe that's the term used in MMOs when something is so majorly borked they have no other choice but to revert to a previous update (which causes titles, level gains, etc. to be lost). It's a good thing this game isn't an MMO or people would be even more frustrated than they are now.

And while we're on the subject, I can understand why Mimi is frustrated. I am too; I'm still waiting for two of my X'd out badges to reappear, not to mention the ones I've earned with IP to actually trigger.

Here's the evidence of what I've earned on my page not showing up:

2n84nj7.jpg

16951kp.jpg

As you can see, both were earned in November 2012. Now suddenly they vanished...after two of them were on my page, one of them being time-sensitive and the other appearing for no reason at all. Now they're all greyed out (two of them are X'd out, as evidenced in the picture). What the crush?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I just discovered something else - I opened my Player Profile and Wall in the game, and you tell me, does any of this look right?

zodg0p.jpg

I've completed 195 badges out of 111? That's just part of it though - see the drop-down list? Do you see Island Paradise in there at all (all other EP's with badges are listed)? No? Me neither. So it's like my game doesn't even realize that I have IP in there, even when I'm playing in that town! That might even have something to do with why I'm not getting any of the badges that I'm most definitely earning. So that's something else that should be looked into...but knowing EA, it won't be.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm with you my friend TenderWolf. It really bites that you are having so many problems with the achievement badge system. I just don't understand...why did someone bother creating such a system if they couldn't do it right? Why make such a mess of things and cause us players so much frustration and grief when all we want to do is take a break from real life stress and have a bit of fun? Do they really think we are having FUN with this mess of a system?

To whoever incompetent people are responsible for the achievement badge system:

While we had the 2nd maintenance downtime this week, a few things are a bit better for me and some are worse.

Yesterday I had 301 achievement badges on my My Page. That number is not entirely correct as I was missing several but then came the 2nd maint of this week and now I only have 268 achievement badges! This is ridiculous and unacceptable.

I want ALL of my earned, unlocked and achieved badge fixed, put back where they belong and LEFT ALONE!

I'm still waiting for my 3 STOLEN Supernatural Badges to be put back where they belong. I earned those 3 every bit as much as all the rest and I deserve to see them in my collection. I will continue to talk about this until they are returned.

I also achieved, unlocked and received the in-game notification that I got ALL 13 original Island Paradise badges. YES! I unlocked Hermit Crab, got the in-game notification but never received the icon on My Page. It was obviously attainable or I would not have seen it in-game.

I already achieved, unlocked and received the in-game notification that I got the High-Class Hotel badge, but it's still blank on my page.

I have completed ALL game achievements to date and as such my in-game badge tab is greyed-out and no longer available.

When you people with EA stop giving so much to work with, I will stop my complaints. Until then, as long as the problems continue, so will my complaining.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Mimi52861 wrote:

thanks

Russkii, you posted this on page 3, on June 27th. It is now Sunday July 14th. Yes, I know you're probably not working today but that's not the point.

The point is that you lied to us, twice here. You said that this badge was live and working on June 27th. No, it was not. And it is STILL NOT.

You also said you could update the thread the next day. You did not do so and lied again.

You are teaching us customers that your word cannot be trusted. You are not giving us the help that we need and deserve. Show these threads that you created to your supervisor so that someone else other than you is aware and maybe we customers will get some real resolutions to the never-ending issues.

EDIT: It is now Friday, July 19th and with not 1 but 2 maintenance downtimes this week alone, this issue is STILL not resolved either. Way to go incompetent game team!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Mimi52861 wrote:

thanks

It's now Friday July 19th, and with not just 1 but 2 maintenance downtimes this week alone, the above mentioned issue is STILL not fixed. 3 weeks ago we were told it was fixed. You lied! Way to go incompetent game team!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yay, people actually have badges showing up...but only for worlds/games. What about the badges we actually have to earn rather than just buying something and entering in a code?

My Bottomless Stomach and Winter Shminter badges are still X'd out, even though in my last post you could see I earned them in November 2012.

Another issue that still isn't fixed:

t99ifl.jpg

See that? I'm most definitely logged in, but I'm forced to do it over and over to view my own page (and various other things). Seems legit...

I'm going to work on the IP badges now that didn't trigger for me to begin with. But I'm not holding my breath; I bet the stupid things still won't work. I'm glad everyone else is able to get them (I've seen the badges on other pages), but not me. Why the crush do some badges work for some people but not others? I can see why my dad, a network administrator, gets so mad at/impatient with programmers...it's a pain the *** when they don't know what they're doing.
  • Options
    andihayworthandihayworth Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2013
    All of my achievements that I have earned since 11-19-2012 (about 40) have reset to un-earned after this most recent store update. The achievements were associated with University, Seasons, and Island Paradise expansions, also a couple of newer base game achievements (like the robot fish one). The activity log on my MyPage still has the log of when they were earned, but the badges on the MyBadges page and in-game have changed back to greyed-out status. I haven't deleted anything or modified any files so if this can be fixed through the website, that would be great! I'd hate to have to re-do six months worth of achievements!

For the in-game portion of my issue, under the player profile & wall menu, the wall tab lists all my achievements that were earned and looks accurate. Under the achievements tab it gets really confusing because the number at the top for achievements completed (223/265) is accurate but when you look down at the picture list below and count the completed pictures, it doesn't add up. Also, the numbers in the filter listing for incomplete and completed are accurate, but are incorrect for University and other filter categories.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The November 2012 badges seem to be very bugged for lots of people, andihayworth. That's the date two of mine were earned that are now showing up both as X's and greyed out (two of each).

Update on my situation:

Just as I suspected...absolutely wonderful. I just tried the IP badges again, and I STILL can't get any of them to trigger! I don't understand how two of them did but that's it. The others will NOT work no matter what I do. Even after this big site update. So of course, nothing was actually fixed. I'm sorry that some people couldn't get their expansion/world badges to show up, but those are earned just from entering in a code or what not. The badges that we actually have to work for (they're very time-consuming, especially for those of us with full-time jobs, as I've stated countless times) should have been fixed first if you ask me.
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well, I would still like to know EXACTLY how to trigger the Spring Training badge and if it's still active. I know it says it's concluded, but it's said that since last year and I've seen people earn it this year.

I've tried everything that people suggested, but since everyone had different answers it's hard to know what I should really be trying for.

Edit: I have been trying to earn it since it came out and failing miserably.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top