Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game achievements: Are you struggling? Don't know if it works? Post here (Please read First Post)

SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
Hey there,

I was suggested to make a solely achievements/game achievements thread.
There are many achievements you guys might need help for or you guys don't know if they work.

My goal is to have a list I can take the game team to have them see if it is ok or not, or tell me a hint to help you all.

Please have patience between me asking and me posting, sometimes I'm not really online but I try =)

On the first post I will add the ones I'm looking at, or having being looked at rather.

Thanks!

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love you for this :)

I had so much problems with the one I just gave up. It was the going for the gold one, its where your singer sim has to sell 25 albums, my sim sold well over a 100 albums my game got so laggy from all the friends she had to make to sell albums too, that it eventually crashed and burned lol. So I just skipped it for a while.

badge_zps427a0aea.png
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2013
    SimGuruRusskii I can allready advice you on the wrong wording of one of the badges. Its the Sunlight and Water Badge, its says: Have a PlantSim photosynthesize and absorb 20 puddles. But after absorbing nearly 100 puddles we figured out that we need to photosynthesize 20 times as well, as soon as we photosynthesized 20 times the badge unlocked :wink:
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited June 2013
    SimGuruRusskii, I have a sim that has written over 160 novels in my Immortal Dynasty, But the 80 novel "A Novel Way to Play" badge will not trigger at all.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have had one sim throw more than 50 elixers at others and the badge requires 30 but it has not triggered. Two possiblities I have been considering - it need to be 30 different sims or not household but neither of these are indicated. Thanks for your help.
  • VanessaVennerVanessaVenner Posts: 347 Member
    edited July 2013
    Good morning SimGuruRusskii.

graphics-thank-you-713880.gif

Just very sad that 3 got removed and I had actually got them. They were actually quite easy to get. Any chance of getting them back?
    graphics-question-marks-081881.gif

The Odd Bunch

Take a Break from those Monsters

All things Great and Small

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    One thing I can confirm: all achievements available until now are working normally.
    Can we have a downloadable achievement before IP, pls?
  • Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    One thing I can confirm: all achievements available until now are working normally.

I can also confirm this as I have achieved them all to date as well.

There's already an (unofficial) Achievement Badge Help Thread that's been around since September 11, 2012. It has been maintained by us players, without any help or feedback from any gurus on the Achievement Badge System. Tenderwolf started the thread and has been loyally maintaining it ever since, with players adding many of their own issues & offering tips & what worked for them, myself included. Sadly, even though the thread name asks for a SimGuru to "please read", none have ever actually bothered to help out with the now 28 pages of posts.

Russkii, you did chime in & make an appearance on the 1st page, only to suggest a change in the threads name, and to say you were "kinda troubleshooting/helping out", but never followed-through with anything after that. It's disappointing that we can't always depend on what we are told. As is, we players have had to depend on each other, resort to using cheats & mods or some just got so frustrated with things not working that they gave up. The struggle & frustration of doing things over & over & never getting the achievement in the end was just too much for some to bother with anymore, and I don't blame them. Please explain the purpose of the achievement system even being introduced in the game? To give us players even more issues & frustration on top of all that we already endure from both the game & the website?

And now 9 months and many frustrations later, you finally decide to make an "official" thread. Seems like too little too late to me, unless it proves to actually give any real assistance and solutions to our achievement badge issues. Time will tell if it's going to be any REAL help or just another thread to vent in & get no satisfactory results.

The older and "unofficial" thread can be found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/588353.page. Players will probably find much more helpful info in it than what will be offered here. It may be a bit lengthy to dig through, but after all, it has been around for 9 MONTHS already so yeah, there is quite of bit of stuff there.

AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY 3 PREVIOUSLY EARNED SUPERNATURAL BADGES TO BE RIGHTFULLY RESTORED TO MY ACCOUNT. THANK YOU.
  • Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    Since now it's clear that we'll only get 13 IP achievements.. I just can say that I am disappointed :(
    edited June 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Since now it's clear that we'll only get 13 IP achievements.. I just can say that I am disappointed :(

I can understand how much disappointment you feel Valgon. I know you are one who loves the challenges of earning the achievements, like I do. I know you've been very eager to have new ones released because we're both in the group of players that has done them all to date, and have not anything new for several months now.

ONLY 13 NEW FOR IP? That is very disappointing, considering how many we've gotten with previous pack releases. It won't take very long for those who have no more to get through, to complete 13...assuming they even all work right from the start of release.

I can't get excited about IP; not with knowing the track record here. I'm not going to even CONSIDER spending anymore money on this game until I see how bad the bugs are, what all that currently works fine right now, gets broken when IP is added, and how long it takes EA to address the onslaught of glitches, freezes, errors and just plain out won't-even-play games that I can surely guarantee many customers will experience beginning next week. Look how long they took to get us an update since Uni?

No, I'm just not jumping to dole out my money anymore. I already know from experience I'd be better off waiting to see how much crap hits the fan & at least hold off until it goes on sale somewhere for 1/2 off. My life certainly won't end if I don't pre-order or pay $40 now, just so I can (try) to play it on release day. I've become a shrewd and cautious customer. I can wait.
    edited June 2013

Dear mcrudd(Melanie)
    I had so much problems with the one I just gave up. It was the going for the gold one, its where your singer sim has to sell 25 albums, my sim sold well over a 100 albums my game got so laggy from all the friends she had to make to sell albums too, that it eventually crashed and burned lol. So I just skipped it for a while.
    Some badges don't seem to trigger straight away with a single sim. Try again with a second sim in a different game and you might find it triggers almost immediatly. I worked on the badge for :Watch What I Can Do!(Bronze)Description: Perform all Mime and Juggling stunts 3 times each before becoming a Performance Artist. It was with one sim and it simply did not want to trigger. I started a second game and with doing one of the juggling acts got it almost immediatly without having to do it 3 times, etc.

Dear Annadenise
    I have a sim that has written over 160 novels in my Immortal Dynasty, But the 80 novel "A Novel Way to Play" badge will not trigger at all
    Again all I can say is to start a new game and start writing with a new sim. Hard work I know but it does sometimes just go easier with the second sim to trigger the badge.

Dear cherpar
    I have had one sim throw more than 50 elixers at others and the badge requires 30 but it has not triggered. Two possiblities I have been considering - it need to be 30 different sims or not household but neither of these are indicated.
    For me it worked with one sim. But all the elixirs my sim was throwing at others were made by her, not bought at the elixir store. Also she had a very high skill level in alchemy. All I can say is hard work but maybe a second game with a second sim might to the trick.

I do hope the info helped and that maybe you have achieved your badges already. Good luck. When I start on my badges I always have at least two games in two different towns going to work on the badges.Have a complete list of the badges I am working on and extra information that might help towards going for them. Sometimes it works in the one game other times in the other game. But it is fun all the same. The hardest one I have worked on was 10 to the 4th Simoleons(Platinum)Description: Earn 10,000 Simoleons by correlating Scientific Data. Esp with the sim only earning from 14 to 198 simoleons at a time and that is once every 6 hours. It took over 14 sim weeks to achieve. lol and now to start preparing my sims for IP.
  • Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited June 2013
    cherpar wrote:
    I have had one sim throw more than 50 elixers at others and the badge requires 30 but it has not triggered. Two possiblities I have been considering - it need to be 30 different sims or not household but neither of these are indicated. Thanks for your help.

Also wondering about this badge. Have sent out many gifts to friends with the same sim and it has never triggered. So as an add on question, does the type of gifts matter? Like does it have to be elixirs you make?
  • SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2013
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    Valgon57 wrote:

I can also confirm this as I have achieved them all to date as well.

There's already an (unofficial) Achievement Badge Help Thread that's been around since September 11, 2012. It has been maintained by us players, without any help or feedback from any gurus on the Achievement Badge System. Tenderwolf started the thread and has been loyally maintaining it ever since, with players adding many of their own issues & offering tips & what worked for them, myself included. Sadly, even though the thread name asks for a SimGuru to "please read", none have ever actually bothered to help out with the now 28 pages of posts.

I know, but it was hard for me to look for and honestly I was assuming the game team was aware since , maybe not.

I don't own achievements, I release some when I have time, but the game team owns them. The reason I made a thread it is because it is easier for me to track and to see if I can get help from everyone else. Too late? yes i agree, this is going over my regular job but i will try. I appreciate all the work in the other threads i just wanted a central hub i can track or try to track.
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    Russkii, you did chime in & make an appearance on the 1st page, only to suggest a change in the threads name, and to say you were "kinda troubleshooting/helping out", but never followed-through with anything after that. It's disappointing that we can't always depend on what we are told. As is, we players have had to depend on each other, resort to using cheats & mods or some just got so frustrated with things not working that they gave up. The struggle & frustration of doing things over & over & never getting the achievement in the end was just too much for some to bother with anymore, and I don't blame them. Please explain the purpose of the achievement system even being introduced in the game? To give us players even more issues & frustration on top of all that we already endure from both the game & the website?

I can't tell you the purpose, I did no come up with it. Like I said I just help around.
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    And now 9 months and many frustrations later, you finally decide to make an "official" thread. Seems like too little too late to me, unless it proves to actually give any real assistance and solutions to our achievement badge issues. Time will tell if it's going to be any REAL help or just another thread to vent in & get no satisfactory results.

The older and "unofficial" thread can be found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/588353.page. Players will probably find much more helpful info in it than what will be offered here. It may be a bit lengthy to dig through, but after all, it has been around for 9 MONTHS already so yeah, there is quite of bit of stuff there.

AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY 3 PREVIOUSLY EARNED SUPERNATURAL BADGES TO BE RIGHTFULLY RESTORED TO MY ACCOUNT. THANK YOU.

Sure, I still follow the other one when i can. Like I said I'm not minimizing the work done in the other thread and I will still cross-reference to that one. My intention is just to be able to track things better, I know i don't do a great job at it and I need to clone myself.

Those 3 achievements I'm still waiting for response from the game team on whether they can give them as earned.

Thanks
  • eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi, I've gotten a lot of help from the thread Mimi linked to (thanks Mimi :thumbup: ), but I was wondering if there's some official info on the gratified gifter badge that might help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've passed the 30 gift mark with three different sims but still haven't gotten the badge. Any help would really be appreciated. All of the other badges worked fine and were partially earned by the sims doing the in-game gifting, so it would seem like those sims aren't corrupted or anything. Thanks :-)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
    edited June 2013
    Dear eilian.
    but I was wondering if there's some official info on the gratified gifter badge that might help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    If I may answer your question. The Gratified Gifter Badge I can say works well with one sim that makes the potions themselves to send. One sim studying alchemy(from supernatural) and collecting items to make the potions and then using those potions to send to online friends.Worked that way for myself and several of my friends. Hope it helps.

Dear Trouble1122.
    Have sent out many gifts to friends with the same sim and it has never triggered. So as an add on question, does the type of gifts matter? Like does it have to be elixirs you make?
    I think this(Answer to eilian) might answer your question too.

Dear SimGuruRusskii. Thank you for this thread. Much appreciated from myself.
  • eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2013
    Dear eilian.
    but I was wondering if there's some official info on the gratified gifter badge that might help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    If I may answer your question. The Gratified Gifter Badge I can say works well with one sim that makes the potions themselves to send. One sim studying alchemy(from supernatural) and collecting items to make the potions and then using those potions to send to online friends.Worked that way for myself and several of my friends. Hope it helps.

Thank you Vanessa, I rarely send homemade potions as I don't often play with the alchemy part of the game. I usually just choose one of the defaults in the gift window. I appreciate the help and will give that a try. I have one more question - when you were working on this badge, did you send to many different friends, or did you send multiple gifts to a smaller number of friends? Sometimes I worry that I'll bother people since I'm so far behind with the in-game gifting :)

ETA - Vanessa, your studio is awesome!
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited June 2013
    Dear eilian.

Dear Trouble1122.
    Have sent out many gifts to friends with the same sim and it has never triggered. So as an add on question, does the type of gifts matter? Like does it have to be elixirs you make?
    I think this(Answer to eilian) might answer your question too.

Dear SimGuruRusskii. Thank you for this thread. Much appreciated from myself.

Thanks for your answer but I would still like to hear an official answer from the sims team on this to see if that is the way it is intended to work. Only reason I would like an official answer is because the badge to send just 1 gift works by not having to send a potion you make.
    edited June 2013
    Dear eilian
    I have one more question - when you were working on this badge, did you send to many different friends, or did you send multiple gifts to a smaller number of friends? Sometimes I worry that I'll bother people since I'm so far behind with the in-game gifting
    Firstly use the same sim to send the gifts.Even when there are multiple sims in the same household, have the same sim selected when sending the gifts. A person can only send 5 gifts a day. I sent to various friends. Everyday a different group of 5. Worked my way through my friend list.Should take 6 days to trigger the badge. No bother to help at all. And thank you for liking my studio. Should you need some recommendations for your studio for the Web Achievements let me know when you load items in your studio and I will be more than ready to pass on recommendations to you. Have a lovely time sending gifts.
  • EntegyEntegy Posts: 144 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I have a Sim who has jogged 2,000km and done over 200 hours of cardio workouts. I got neither Fit as a Fiddle nor Going the Distance. The only weird thing I can think of is that both of these milestones were hit in the same workout session.
    edited June 2013
    Just noticed I don't have It's All in the Wrist either, despite having just got the skill challenge for throwing 50 elixirs at other Sims when the badge only calls for 30 elixirs thrown.

It's the same Sim as the one who didn't get the fitness badges above. But she has gotten other badges, so I'm not sure if she's glitched or not. :(
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    @entegy, my sims who has thrown over 80 elixirs at others now has the achievement , I threw 30 elixirs at 30 different sims. Don't know if that helps you at all.
    edited June 2013
    I'll keep throwing elixirs.

But I think my Sim is glitched. Just discovered 25 stars (and yes, double-checked I found 25 STARS and not other types of celestial bodies) and didn't unlock Master Astronomer. :(
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2013
    As a general note: If you've tried an achievement and are certain/have proof that you should have completed it but haven't, it's unfortunately a matter of your sim being glitchy, so just try again with a new sim.

Russkii, I have an issue with "Final Destination?" badge. I have completed it almost as soon as I got University EP and I specifically remember the badge pop up in the notification in-game as well as be announced on my MyPage. However, it was never marked as complete on my badge list. Now, many months on and a ton of attempts later I still don't have the badge, mostly because my game knows I've already completed it. So how come it does not show up on the website?

I'm also having a ridiculous time with selling 5 exam answers. I tried this with atleast 5 different sims - my 1st sim could look for answers but never had the option to sell them. All of my other attempts after that my sims never even got the option to look for answers AT ALL, just "create cheat sheet".

The puddle/photosynthesize achievement isn't working for me either, I've done it atleast 10 times with 3 different plantsims, still nothing.
    edited June 2013
    Entegy wrote:
    I have a Sim who has jogged 2,000km and done over 200 hours of cardio workouts. I got neither Fit as a Fiddle nor Going the Distance. The only weird thing I can think of is that both of these milestones were hit in the same workout session.

I did these way back last fall. At that time, they worked fine. Hopefully they haven't been broken by EA & various updates since then.

I have had the same sim reach multiple milestones in the same time frame so I don't think that is a factor. (Such as earning a particular University lifetime wish badge while also earning the badge for earning all 6 degrees with the same sim, at the same time). This was my own personal experience several months ago. Who knows what's going on now with the last game update we got.

For the jogging: Make sure your sim is actually "jogging". Running on the treadmill does not count. Might help if your sim has pretty good athletic skill but I don't think any certain level is an absolute requirement, other than getting the option to "jog" when directing the sim to go somewhere. Use the drop down menu to choose from walk, run or jog. Send sim jogging all around your town until they reach the stated distance. You can track how far they have jogged with the athletic tab in skills. It also shows how many hours your sim has done strength & cardio workouts.

Cardio workout: Make sure you choose the correct workout mode for the badge. Strength workouts, & using the bench press do not count. If all fails, try with a different sim, possibly different lot or even a different save game. There are times when sims, lots & saved games get corrupted for various reasons. When that happens it can mess with the achievements unlocking when you KNOW you did what was required. Hope this helps & Good Luck! :)
    edited June 2013
    Joolster wrote:
    As a general note: If you've tried an achievement and are certain/have proof that you should have completed it but haven't, it's unfortunately a matter of your sim being glitchy, so just try again with a new sim.

Russkii, I have an issue with "Final Destination?" badge. I have completed it almost as soon as I got University EP and I specifically remember the badge pop up in the notification in-game as well as be announced on my MyPage. However, it was never marked as complete on my badge list. Now, many months on and a ton of attempts later I still don't have the badge, mostly because my game knows I've already completed it. So how come it does not show up on the website?

I'm also having a ridiculous time with selling 5 exam answers. I tried this with atleast 5 different sims - my 1st sim could look for answers but never had the option to sell them. All of my other attempts after that my sims never even got the option to look for answers AT ALL, just "create cheat sheet".

The puddle/photosynthesize achievement isn't working for me either, I've done it atleast 10 times with 3 different plantsims, still nothing.

About selling 5 exam answers: This one worked best for me when I used a sim with the rebel social group. They are more into cheating and it works well if you have your rebel sim approach another rebel & ask/offer to sell them the answers. You might want to pay attention to the other sims traits. Sims that have the "good" trait might not like the idea of cheating & may turn you down. Rebellious, evil sims might be good for it too. It also helps to have a good relationship with the other sim. They will be more likely to "conspire" with you, lol. You can find the option to sell exam answers under "friendly" social actions. Good Luck & I hope this helps. :)
    edited June 2013
    eilian wrote:
    Hi, I've gotten a lot of help from the thread Mimi linked to (thanks Mimi :thumbup: ), but I was wondering if there's some official info on the gratified gifter badge that might help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've passed the 30 gift mark with three different sims but still haven't gotten the badge. Any help would really be appreciated. All of the other badges worked fine and were partially earned by the sims doing the in-game gifting, so it would seem like those sims aren't corrupted or anything. Thanks :-)

Hi elian and you're welcome. :mrgreen:

I agree that we need an official word concerning the gratified gifter badge. While I already earned that one many months ago, it did take me a ridiculous amount of sending to achieve. I finally got it to unlock with a brand new sim, brand new game save...household of just one sim. (She just happened to be a fairy but I'm sure it does not matter if sim is human or supernatural). It did not seem to matter which type of gift was being sent out. At that time we only had 2 choices...elixirs or surprise gifts. This was before University and the care packages were introduced. I have no idea if things got messed with from game updates since then. Hopefully not. And for those that don't already know, we can only send out a maximum of 5 gifts in any 24 hour period. It does not matter if you send all 5 to just one friend or 5 different friends. I personally tried to spread them around to as many friends as I could, but it's up to you. However you choose, sending 5 a day for 6 (real time) days should unlock the badge.

Again, we need official confirmation from someone on whatever team makes the achievements.

I would like to make a suggestion that whoever is in charge of the achievements actually join us here in this thread and answer questions and give help. A gopher that is spread thin & has no real knowledge or authority in that area is not very much help to us players.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top