Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game achievements: Are you struggling? Don't know if it works? Post here (Please read First Post)

Comments

• Options
    badromance99badromance99 Posts: 67 Member
    edited July 2013
    ops please this Post delete, sorry
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited July 2013
    A suggestion for those that have completed badges in game but are not showing on thier my page. Go into your downlaods folder to teh folder that has all the numbers - delete the challengedata package file. This will reset your badges to the ones that show up on the site the you can try to do the badge again. This worked for my Sole Survivour badge which it said I had completed in game but it didnt show up on mypage.
  • Options
    anthonytinajanthonytinaj Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi my name is Anthony, I have a problem with my sim. When he needs to go to work, it just cancels by itself, iv tried to make him go to work but its not listening to go. Please Help!
  • Options
    smallville1689smallville1689 Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi my name is Anthony, I have a problem with my sim. When he needs to go to work, it just cancels by itself, iv tried to make him go to work but its not listening to go. Please Help!

The only solution to this that I know of is to save your Sim to the bin and then start a new save and put that sim from the bin into the new neighborhood.
  • Options
    smallville1689smallville1689 Posts: 52 Member
    edited July 2013
    The achievements you guys mentioned are being looked into.
    Don't know when I'm getting a reply, but they are looking into it.

Minus the insulting and the ranting, I grabbed the names of the achievements that were listed by you.

thanks

Thank you SimGuruRusskii.
  • Options
    Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited July 2013
    A suggestion for those that have completed badges in game but are not showing on thier my page. Go into your downlaods folder to teh folder that has all the numbers - delete the challengedata package file. This will reset your badges to the ones that show up on the site the you can try to do the badge again. This worked for my Sole Survivour badge which it said I had completed in game but it didnt show up on mypage.

Thanks for trying to help but I don't see this as a real solution. I've already completed everything so why should I have to do some all over again, just because EA can't get my achievements to properly show up on their site?

I believe a better alternative would be for EA to get off their collective rear-ends and fix the faulty system and My Page, instead of subjecting us customers to having to delete files & do things multiple times to correct THEIR mistakes. Just my two cents but I know I don't stand alone!
  • Options
    asim23asim23 Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2013
    I kind of gave up on getting the badges after losing the 3 supernatural ones. I do still try once in a while but not like I was before. It's just not fun anymore. :(
  • Options
    Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    Kerim99 wrote:
    Need help,
    I lost a lot of achievements that I completed...

One of them is "10 to the 4th Simoleons" - Earn 10,000 Simoleons by correlating Scientific Data.

I spend DAYS for this achievement... I can still find it on my page but not ingame...
    I also lost other "difficult" but also "easy" achievements ingame...

I hoped that if I would patch to 1.55 or install Island Paradise, it would be fixed but it didn't helped unfortunately...

Still having the same issue...
    Need help... :-(

Regards,
    Kerim99

Need still help
    I lost all achievements I earn...
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sole Survivor - Unlocked in game, but not showing on mypage

Who Keeps Sending these? - On Collectables says i've 18 bottles still not unlocked badge.

Born Explorer - Obtained all islands with same sim and still not unlocked badge.

I've noticed it says on the last two badges "on no time with no completer" whats that mean?
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2013
    knazzer wrote:
    Sole Survivor - Unlocked in game, but not showing on mypage

Who Keeps Sending these? - On Collectables says i've 18 bottles still not unlocked badge.

Born Explorer - Obtained all islands with same sim and still not unlocked badge.

I've noticed it says on the last two badges "on no time with no completer" whats that mean?

When I have the "on no time with no completer" message, for me it usually means that I haven't completed it yet; either that or it hasn't registered that I actually did it with a Sim, even though I have (obviously, as it's on my page). As for the bottle ones, lucky you for even finding the silly things; considering so few people have managed to get that one, i'm not sure what the problem is. However, since you also mentioned Sole Survivor, one I was having problems with for weeks, I wonder if you also need to do what I did and delete your Downloads folder (or in my case, just move it to the desktop). That will reset your game data and hopefully properly register/trigger the badges. I hope that helps!
  • Options
    WalmsWalms Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2013
    To SimGuruRusskii

Hi,in game the "Achievements" is "grey" and not able to open to see any of them. I know Masajo had this problem and you sorted it for her. Can you assist me with this problem.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best Wishes Sandra ☼
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Walms wrote:
    To SimGuruRusskii

Hi,in game the "Achievements" is "grey" and not able to open to see any of them. I know Masajo had this problem and you sorted it for her. Can you assist me with this problem.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best Wishes Sandra ☼

Good luck in getting a helpful answer from her.

I can tell you from my own experience that it's not supposed to mean there's a problem. A greyed-out in-game badge tab means that the game thinks you've complete all available achievements to date. It will stay grey-out & un-clickable until new achievements are released.

Now, if you haven't completed all the available achievements then you must be experiencing some other issue.
  • Options
    T-DOGG-XDT-DOGG-XD Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    hello there. this isnt about achievments but i couldnt find anywhere to ask this to you so im just doin it here. i have bought downloadable content on thesims3.com but i bought the actual game off of steam i was directed to that page through staem but i cant play the content. not sure what to do help would be much appreciated
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    T-DOGG-XD wrote:
    hello there. this isnt about achievments but i couldnt find anywhere to ask this to you so im just doin it here. i have bought downloadable content on thesims3.com but i bought the actual game off of steam i was directed to that page through staem but i cant play the content. not sure what to do help would be much appreciated

Sorry but yes, you're in the wrong place for that issue. Try here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/656133.page.

Although the guru that set this thread up is *supposed* to be maintaining both, she rarely gives real help, but you're still better off taking your issue to that thread instead of here. Maybe another player can help with your problem there. Good luck.
  • Options
    zhaitanazhaitana Posts: 223 Member
    edited August 2013
    Can anyone help me out here please? I have tried to do the achievement: Master of the Literary Arts:

(Have a Sim write 2 Sci-Fi, Drama, Humor, Mystery and Romance novels then write 2 Vaudeville novels)

My writer sim have written all the required novels but i still haven't got the achievement? Do anyone of you know if it has to be a "normal" sim or is it possibly to do if you are a mermaid?

He is a "merman" and I was wondering if that's why it don't work? Any help is appreciate Thanks :)

Here is the info:

His Job lvl: 9 Fiction Fantastico

He is a Master in writing, and he has achieved:

- Speed writer
    - Prolific Writer
    - Science Fiction Novelist

List of Books:

Comics 0
    Drama 3
    Fantasy 3
    Fiction 1
    Horror 2
    Humor 3
    Masterpiece 1
    Mystery 3
    Non-Fiction 0
    Poetry 2
    Romance 2
    Satire 0
    Science Fiction 5
    Sports 1
    Trashy 2
    Vaudeville 2

I also made sure i was online, so the achievement could be updated at all times.

Oh i have just been informed that i have to write the books in that specific order that the achievement says is that correct?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for double post the side is playing up
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Mimi52861 wrote:

I was tempted to do this but i have been working very hard on 2 other achievements as well, the "have 15 kids" and the "have 30 Grandchildren" and don't really wanna have those resat :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It's possible that the Sim has to be a human; I know I tried several badges with a supernatural, and they didn't work. But when I used a human, I got them right away. So unfortunately, you may have to use a human...though I wish they'd fix that, because it doesn't specify that the Sim has to be a human, whereas other badges do (example: as a Werewolf, eat a raw fish).
  • Options
    riaintheskyriainthesky Posts: 19
    edited August 2013
    I'm having trouble getting the "Gratified Gifter" badge. I've seen others who have it so it must be possible.

I always have a single sim use the mailbox to send 30+ gifts but I can't seem to get it.

Is there a trick to it that anyone can share?

Oh i have just been informed that i have to write the books in that specific order that the achievement says is that correct?

I did that and it worked for me.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm having trouble getting the "Gratified Gifter" badge. I've seen others who have it so it must be possible.

I always have a single sim use the mailbox to send 30+ gifts but I can't seem to get it.

Is there a trick to it that anyone can share?

Only gift potions that your Sim as made to get the achievement, the free potions etc do not count.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Still cannot get the achievement for unlocking 5 hidden Islands.

I've done this now with three Sims on three different saves and still nothing is unlocked. mmmmm
  • Options
    riaintheskyriainthesky Posts: 19
    edited August 2013
    knazzer wrote:
    Only gift potions that your Sim as made to get the achievement, the free potions etc do not count.

Thanks, I'll try that. Does it matter how you send them? (mailbox, phone etc.)
    knazzer wrote:
    Still cannot get the achievement for unlocking 5 hidden Islands.

I've done this now with three Sims on three different saves and still nothing is unlocked. mmmmm

The only advice I can think of is to delete your cache files. None of the Island Paradise achievements worked for me before I did that. After that I got all of them without any major problems, including this one.
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited August 2013
    Hey there,

For the achievements mention still no answer.

For Mimi and whoever was affected by deleting the Ep7 achievements that were supposed to be faulty.
    My team and I will be making changes on our side to grant those back.

This is not going to be there for next maintenance, my engineer Hero and I are full of work right now. But it will come sometime.

So, those achievements that we deleted they will be granted for all (just the ones about ep7 that were not supposed to be working but magically got fixed with Ep9 patch).

Sorry for not replying often, it is hard to gather info and bug the game team on this. but still trying.

• Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited August 2013
    What do I have to do for the "What's Cooking?" badge?

I took a Sim that knew < 28 recepies and let him learn new recepies. I also level him up one level (learnt to make hamburgers and veggie burgers). He got the benefit of knowing over 28 recepies but not the achievment for knowing 30 recepies (while he actually knows 31). I also tried it with another Sim but it didn't work. :(

PS: I was online and logged into my account while trying. Help would be appreciated.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    For Mimi and whoever was affected by deleting the Ep7 achievements that were supposed to be faulty.
    My team and I will be making changes on our side to grant those back.

This is not going to be there for next maintenance, my engineer Hero and I are full of work right now. But it will come sometime.

So, those achievements that we deleted they will be granted for all (just the ones about ep7 that were not supposed to be working but magically got fixed with Ep9 patch).

That's great news! I'll be glad to have them back! They took a while to earn so it'll be great to see then on my page again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top