Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game achievements: Are you struggling? Don't know if it works? Post here (Please read First Post)

167891012...Next

Comments

• marloestnmarloestn Posts: 17 Member
    edited November 2014
    > @Starglitters9909 said:
    > I have a problem and if anyone could help me I would do a happy dance. I have a new Nvidia Geforce 750 graphics card. I cannot get the game to recognize my card. I have tried to do the solution but I am not that good with computers and I can't follow the directions. I wish EA had a team of technicians that would take control of our computers and would help with issues that we cannot fix. I bought a new computer, a new graphics card and a new power supply just to play the sims 3 and I can't get the game to recognize my card. Please help me. :'(

Did you install the correct driver for your video card? you can get it at their website. I cannot post links, it seems I'm not around enough to have that right ...
    You mention you tried the solutions, which one do you mean?
  • MegaMauricioMegaMauricio Posts: 238 Member
    Hello. I have this problem since 2 months ago, when I got my achievement #7. Now the tab of achievements is grey (blocked) and I can't to see the next achievements.
    I have the game base without EP, SP or mods.
    I miss the achievements really.
    I am Bluebomber21 in theSims3. lol
    My Studio here.
    Accepting new friends!
  • URBANANGELURBANANGEL Posts: 6 New Member
    Im having trouble with at least 3 achievements:
    'Who keep sending these?' find 10 messages in a bottle.
    'Crime never pays' Go to jail as a con artist.
    'Nice Arm!' Win a snowball fight and a water balloon fight.

Anyone else having trouble... if anyone has completed them please tell me how you did it i have tried several times

Thanks in Advance
  • heathermioneheathermione Posts: 151 Member
    Crime Never Pays - your sim has to be level 6 "con artist" in the criminal career. The trick is to save sometime late in level 5 so you can redo it if you miss the window. I just had my sim "do a side job" when they went to work and they got busted pretty fast.

I can't get Nice Arm no matter what I try. I see a lot of people who have it, and can't find much in the way of posts so I assume it's not impossible to achieve. But it sure seems to be for me.
    I'll try doing the side job once I'm at the con artist level. Thank You for you response :smile: i always seemed to get arrested as soon as i get promoted to the one above con artist which is just typical lol :smile:
    Finally after years of trying i have got the 'Crime never pays' achievement badge Yippee!!!! i worked out its easier to be arrested if you have no friends in the town :). i have now got 150/161 badges only 11 to go well until i get the last 2 expansion packs lol.
  • LoedertjeLoedertje Posts: 2 New Member
    I can´t get the ´message in a bottle´ achievement badge. Although i found more than 90 messages in a bottle. :( I've tried everything. I even reinstalled the game but nothing seems to work, I still don't have the message in a bottle achievement badge. It's so annoying!! Please fix it!
    > @Loedertje said:
    > I can´t get the ´message in a bottle´ achievement badge. Although i found more than 90 messages in a bottle. :( I've tried everything. I even reinstalled the game but nothing seems to work, I still don't have the message in a bottle achievement badge. It's so annoying!! Please fix it!

Ive noticed on the skills page it was saying 'messages in a bottle found: 0 (zero)' even though i had found loads
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    URBANANGEL wrote: »
    > @Loedertje said:
    > I can´t get the ´message in a bottle´ achievement badge. Although i found more than 90 messages in a bottle. :( I've tried everything. I even reinstalled the game but nothing seems to work, I still don't have the message in a bottle achievement badge. It's so annoying!! Please fix it!

Ive noticed on the skills page it was saying 'messages in a bottle found: 0 (zero)' even though i had found loads

Perhaps a mod is interfering with the achievement? Also, maybe it has to be a specific message in the bottle?

A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • dja41493dja41493 Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm having trouble completing the Nice Arm! badge for Seasons. It's the last incomplete badge in my game. I've tried 1-on-1 and 4vs4 matches on home lot, festival lot, and in a community park using the Water Arena object. I don't know why it isn't triggering.
  • EehnaEehna Posts: 77 Member
    I just got the in-game notification that I earned the Fairly Fine Enchanter badge, but the badge is not on my page.
    All my other badges appeared on my page immediatly when I got them, so I'm a little confused why this one doesn't.
    Can a Guru please look into it?
  • ChesshiaChesshia Posts: 1 New Member
    I have discovered 5 Islands but I dont get the platin archievement. I have installed into the future. Is it therefore?
  • kat_is_lostkat_is_lost Posts: 36 Member
    edited August 2015
    Seems this thread is basically dead but I have no idea where else to post. I have no clue if my achievements are busted or if my game is busted, but this thread at least gives me hope that maybe its not just my game. I bought a new computer at the start of this year so all my badges I should have got in 2015 are not there, none from 2014 either. I don't know why! Doesn't seem to matter what one I try, they don't unlock. The ones that I think are glitched are the In the Buff – Sketch 5 nude sims one, the Have a Sim place 10 Snack Bowls one, the 15 children one, and the 30 recipe ones. They're the ones I've done these last three days to check if they work and none of them have unlocked, I have a very unhappy elderly Sim with 15 children and no badge to show for it!

Evil game, just as I posted this i got the 10 comments badge!!! :S I also have the new friend badge, so it seems my ones related to the site are working but not the ones from the game...
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    Eehna wrote: »
    I just got the in-game notification that I earned the Fairly Fine Enchanter badge, but the badge is not on my page.
    All my other badges appeared on my page immediatly when I got them, so I'm a little confused why this one doesn't.
    Can a Guru please look into it?
    @Eehna - That happened to me with Shocking Dismount a few weeks ago. I received the in-game notification and badge immediately. The badge showed up a few days later on the website badges page.

@kat_is_lost - If you read through this thread and others about badges you will see that a badge will work perfectly for one person while it does not appear for another. I am currently having trouble with Profoundly Perfect Dishes and Nice Arm not being triggered neither in-game or on the website.

When you installed your games on your new computer, did you copy your old Sims 3 game files? Your in-game badge history may be contained in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. Please read crinrict's blog for information on the Downloads folder on the page User Files Explained. You may simply need to copy your old game files to have your previously-earned badges show again.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • kat_is_lostkat_is_lost Posts: 36 Member
    edited August 2015
    > @Me1620 said:
    > Eehna wrote: »
    >
    > kat_is_lost - If you read through this thread and others about badges you will see that a badge will work perfectly for one person while it does not appear for another. I am currently having trouble with Profoundly Perfect Dishes and Nice Arm not being triggered neither in-game or on the website.
    >
    > When you installed your games on your new computer, did you copy your old Sims 3 game files? Your in-game badge history may be contained in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. Please read crinrict's blog for information on the Downloads folder on the page User Files Explained. You may simply need to copy your old game files to have your previously-earned badges show again.

Thank you for the fast response, I went looking at crinricts blog and saw that badges are stored in the ChallengeData file, so I searched for them and I appear to have two of these files and three copies of them (my backups) but they are the same file numbers (y'know those files that are just a string of numbers). I can't seem to find out if I should have only one ChallengeData file or not, but even so I tried removing all the ChallengeData files and then using one at a time and it doesn't change my badges. I'm sure its something I'm doing wrong, like the game is running from a different folder or something, but I can't seem to find it.
  • groovyloopylougroovyloopylou Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2015
    Showtime "perform for tips" achievements.

I am hardly getting any tips. My sim is a lvl 10 magician and she is lucky to get 100-200 in tips per session before she is fatigued.

I had her play for tips in the park and got my pittance then placed a pool table in the same spot and a bunch of sims showed up and its was a constant stream of tips.
    When I played pool first to draw a crowd then started magicians play for tips the crowd wandered off.

Anyone else notice this kind of gameplay? Hitting 20k seems like it is going to take forever this way.

*Edit*
    Made a supernatural hangout and placed a caravan on for my other sim to do fortune telling career and it was busy and since there was nothing else to do on the lot, people paid attention to my magician when she played for tips there. Still slow but the tips have improved somewhat from trying at the park.

*Another Edit*
    Achievement/Badge Unlocked...
    Same as above but get my other sim to invite 2 groups out to the lot then have magician perform for tips while its packed. Still took another couple of sim weeks on top of what I had already done, but she was averaging 1000-1500 per session.
    Post edited by groovyloopylou on
  • LexCee86LexCee86 Posts: 79 New Member
    Anyone running NRASS mods on the newest patch I tried to put some in my game today and it crashed. I took them out and game booted faster and I'm gonna see if it crashes
  • TheSimsFan96TheSimsFan96 Posts: 102 Member
    edited February 2016
    I cannot for the life of me ever get the "Positive Potential" badge from University Life. I just don't understand it, I have my sim experience all the 4 phases of the group science experiment from university (I did this two times) and still no badge, and I had each specific outcome that gave their certain unique moodlet, so I don't get what is going wrong. This also goes for the "Lap of Luxury" badge too which involves you staying at a resort 5 times, I have had my sim check in a resort and stay until check in time and then check in again, I did this well over ten times and still nothing. This is getting frustrating :(
  • CatKittyFish77CatKittyFish77 Posts: 33 Member
    I just stumbled onto this thread. I am also having trouble with my achievements showing up in game. When I look at the in the game it says I have 79 done but only about 30 show up as completed. When I get on 'my page' on the Sims 3 website it has even more of them listed but they do not collate to the ones in game. This is very frustrating to me, as I just started really trying to complete as many as I can.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited March 2016
    URBANANGEL wrote: »
    > @Loedertje said:

Bottles need to be found underwater to count, and still, this achievement can't be "cashed" in for many players...

Edit: Turned out this info was irrelevant to the achievement...
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited February 2019
    deleted

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top