Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game achievements: Are you struggling? Don't know if it works? Post here (Please read First Post)

Comments

• Options
    PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi, I have the same issue as some of those before me, I earned the 'Texterity' achievement a while back but it still doesn't show on my 'my page'but it shows on my in game page. I have cleared my browser cache logged out of origin and launcher and site, restarted comp and logged back in to site and origin and launcher and started up my game. It still doesn't show. I posted this a while back before the site was revamped and still awaiting fix. Any help would be greatfully appreciated

texterityingame_zpsf97a2596.png

texterity_zpsadd2aeb7.png

My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • Options
    soyokazenoAmesoyokazenoAme Posts: 59 New Member
    edited July 2013
    My Sim completed 3/4 of her Fine Arts degree and it credited me both a Fine Arts degree badge as well as a Physical Education degree badge.

Then, when she did complete her Fine Arts degree and got a perfect GPA (Posted as a memory, even, so the game knows and I was logged in and everything!) it did not credit the perfect GPA badge. I was unable to save (error code 12) and had to do it again, and posted another memory of getting a perfect GPA, and it didn't credit me the badge the 2nd, (or 3rd, as I got error 12 AGAIN) time either.

Then I got credited the Science and Medicine badge as well as the Technology badge, when my Sim completed her Technology degree.

Still no perfect GPA badge either, though I'm hoping that one will come when she completes all 6 degrees, I don't know what else to think.

I have since opened all 6 treasure chests and not received the 'Open 5 Treasure Chests' badge.

Unlocked 5 Islands without cheats, no badge for doing so...

Missing 'Write 80 Novels' badge...
    8002_318132031654379_1201805566_n.jpg[/quote]

Seriously, what is going on? I am logged in, and I am not being credited badges I have worked for.
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited July 2013
    @ soyokazenoAme - I had the same problem with the perfect GPA badge, then read somewhere that the sim who's working for it needs to have the "Perfect Student" lifetime wish in order for the achievement to count. It worked for me. Not sure why this is required but not specified in the badge description.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    eilian wrote:
    @ soyokazenoAme - I had the same problem with the perfect GPA badge, then read somewhere that the sim who's working for it needs to have the "Perfect Student" lifetime wish in order for the achievement to count. It worked for me. Not sure why this is required but not specified in the badge description.

Thank you very much! She has the Major Master LTW, I will see about meeting that criteria instead. Very much appreciated!
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes, the wording for a lot of these badges is terrible lately. A Sim does have to have the Perfect Student lifetime wish in order to get that badge. And while we're at it, the one with Plant Sims photosynthesizing - you have to do both things 20 times, not just one of them. It's worded badly so you think you only have to photosynthesize once, but if you do that, the badge won't trigger.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    Yes, the wording for a lot of these badges is terrible lately. A Sim does have to have the Perfect Student lifetime wish in order to get that badge. And while we're at it, the one with Plant Sims photosynthesizing - you have to do both things 20 times, not just one of them. It's worded badly so you think you only have to photosynthesize once, but if you do that, the badge won't trigger.

Thank you for that! I'm part way through that one, good to know I need to get her to photosynthesize more often as well to get it. Much obliged!

I just got the 'Open 5 Treasure Chests' badge, after opening all 6 under water and 1 on Plunder Island I still didn't have it, I opened the 8th chest I've found, a red one on Plumblob Island, and it finally credited.

EDIT: Sorry, it was the 9th chest that finally credited the badge, I had opened one on Divers Den Island previously as well, so 8 chests with no 'Open 5 Chests' badge.
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited July 2013
    Regarding the Treasure Hunter badge, it also counts if you buy treasure chests from buydebug and open them. I was impatient for the last one :P
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited July 2013
    I just got the 'Open 5 Treasure Chests' badge, after opening all 6 under water and 1 on Plunder Island I still didn't have it, I opened the 8th chest I've found, a red one on Plumblob Island, and it finally credited.

EDIT: Sorry, it was the 9th chest that finally credited the badge, I had opened one on Divers Den Island previously as well, so 8 chests with no 'Open 5 Chests' badge.

I had the same thing happen, soyokazenoAme... when I opened treasure chest number 9 on Plumbob Island, the "Treasure Hunter" Achievement completed. I wonder if it is coded in game as nine chests and the Achievement page incorrectly lists it as five chests?

Plunder Island makes the sixth island I have unlocked, and I have yet to receive the "Born Explorer" Achievement to find five hidden islands. I have to wonder if this too is an issue with the coding in game calls for eight islands but the Achievement page incorrectly lists it as five islands.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You're very welcome, soyokazenoAme! I'm glad I could help! :)

I was able to get Treasure hunter by opening five chests...but then again, I can't get Sole Survivor yet everyone else seems to have it. This EP/patch is one of those where the badges work for some people but not all, if they even work for anyone. I'm too time-limited/scared/maybe even lazy to try for the "big" badges that this game came with, like unlocking all those islands. I've attempted Sole Survivor, Plenty of Fish in the Sea, Juice Cruise, and several others, but to no avail. All I've gotten is We're Boat People Now and Treasure Hunter. The others won't unlock in-game or on my page no matter what I do. I'm too pressed for time to spend it all trying to get badges that won't work. Which, FYI, there is no excuse for.
  • Options
    NevaehellNevaehell Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hey!

I'm having issues with the Bucketful of Nuts and Bolts achievement. The badge calls for 5 Robot Fish to be caught to be awarded the badge, and it's a time-limit one which runs out the end of October this year.

My sim has caught 6 of them - they're all still in her inventory and everything - but the badge hasn't been awarded. Is this a glitch, or should I try with another Sim, or what? I would really love to get this badge before the time runs out.

Thanks~
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited July 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    ...but then again, I can't get Sole Survivor yet everyone else seems to have it. This EP/patch is one of those where the badges work for some people but not all, if they even work for anyone. I'm too time-limited/scared/maybe even lazy to try for the "big" badges that this game came with, like unlocking all those islands. I've attempted Sole Survivor, Plenty of Fish in the Sea, Juice Cruise, and several others, but to no avail.

TenderWolf, I completed Sole Survivor when I started the Resort quest to unlock the hidden island. Once I was given the mission to walk the fire pit, I walked the resort fire pit and the Achievement completed. I have seen some suggestion that you can only complete the Achievement if the fire-walking Sim was unemployed, but the Sim I used is a Level 10 Medical.

I completed Juice Cruise yesterday while I was on-duty at the fire department and whether or not it amounts to anything, I'll give you the specifics.

1.) House party on houseboat at port.
    2.) House party on houseboat at sea after guests arrived.
    3.) House party on houseboat at sea after guests arrived.
    4.) House party on houseboat at sea after guests arrived.
    5.) House party on houseboat at sea after guests arrived.

The Achievement did not trigger at 5, but it did at 6:

6.) Juice kegger on houseboat

The Achievement triggered as soon as the first guest arrived onboard and I never had to autopilot away from the dock.

So, maybe the Achievement requires a combination of house party and juice kegger parties with some in port and some at sea.

Or maybe it completed because it was Tuesday, or an odd numbered calendar day, or that the humidity index was a prime number...

Sometimes I wonder.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2013
    Everytime, if a EP coming out, I try to complete a lot of achievements
    I completed all achievements that came out with Island Paradise except "Shark Shmark" - (Beat 3 sharks in a fight)

My sim beaten around 10 sharks in a fight and I never got the badge. I tested it with another sim and without luck...

I was able to complete every achievement (from Island Paradise) except this here...

• Options
    edited July 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    ...but then again, I can't get Sole Survivor yet everyone else seems to have it.

TenderWolf - when I worked to get this badge, I made my Sim purchase the fire-walk pit for their lot [under outdoor activities] and then set it to scorching via clicking on it, then made them walk. That triggered the badge straight away. If you use a fire pit at a resort, more often than not, the pits are only set to the two "cooler" options, never scorching. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Well, I see nothing has changed in my 1 week absence from the forums here. Many are still having frustrating issues trying to achieve the badges and still not one single, helpful comment from anyone at EA on any of it. Just like I predicted...yet another thread for us customers to vent in, get no real support from EA and wind up depending on each other. Yeah, more of the same garbage we've been dealt for far too long.

And my last earned badge STILL does not show up as such on MY PAGE, even though I've waited for more than a real time week for it. Not surprisingly, I'm STILL waiting for my 3 previously earned Supernatural Badges to be rightfully returned.

Yeah, I've been gone a solid week and nothing at all has improved. Way to go EA!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nevaehell wrote:
    TenderWolf - when I worked to get this badge, I made my Sim purchase the fire-walk pit for their lot [under outdoor activities] and then set it to scorching via clicking on it, then made them walk. That triggered the badge straight away. If you use a fire pit at a resort, more often than not, the pits are only set to the two "cooler" options, never scorching. Hope that helps!

I tried that several times too, but still no badge. :( Different households/games/towns and everything but nothing worked. I even took out all mods and didn't use any cheats (not even testingcheatsenabled true) but to no avail.

Mimi, I'm with you. Like I've said, why do we have these threads? No one from EA comments on them, so how do we know they're even reading them, much less looking into the issues they contain? They say they listen to us, their paying customers, but I am constantly seeing evidence to the contrary.
  • Options
    BernardDBernardD Posts: 277 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am very discouraged with the badges. Since UL, I am missing all the unearned badges from Showtime up to the latest EP. Once IP was installed all the unearned UL badges disappeared. I see all the badges on My Page, but in game there are less than 200. I hoped when I installed IP it would fix the issue, but no such luck. So I can see them on the website, but cannot achieve them in game because they do not show up. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hey there,

I was suggested to make a solely achievements/game achievements thread.
    There are many achievements you guys might need help for or you guys don't know if they work.

My goal is to have a list I can take the game team to have them see if it is ok or not, or tell me a hint to help you all.

Please have patience between me asking and me posting, sometimes I'm not really online but I try =)

On the first post I will add the ones I'm looking at, or having being looked at rather.

Thanks!

I've run all out of patience because you have not proven you are worthy of any. You've done NOTHING to help the achievement badge issues that so many of us have been and still are experiencing. This "official" thread you made, while all but ignoring the existing one we customers have been maintaining for the past 9 months, is not helping us at all, other than give us yet another thread to vent in.

No real helpfulness is forthcoming from you or anyone else associated with EA. We customers are having to depend on each other, as has been the case for far too long. EA is going down hill fast and if it thinks customers are going to continue to put up with this kind of treatment with Sims 4, it has another thing coming!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I found the answer to my issue with the Robot Fish badge, and thought I'd share it here in case anyone else finds an issue with it.

I found a post in the EA forums, someone questioning why the badges weren't activating for them, and the ever amazing Crincrit gave an answer that I discovered for me was the reason why some badges haven't been activating.

Apparently certain supernatural species will not unlock badges. This was my issue as I was trying with a fairy, but am now try.

Other badges were mentioned, and the link is here if people wish to read. It's not a fix-all, but may help some: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Badges-not-triggering-for-Sims-3/td-p/1136662
  • Options
    Tita76PlayerTita76Player Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited July 2013
    PetaT wrote:
    Hi, I have the same issue as some of those before me, I earned the 'Texterity' achievement a while back but it still doesn't show on my 'my page'but it shows on my in game page. I have cleared my browser cache logged out of origin and launcher and site, restarted comp and logged back in to site and origin and launcher and started up my game. It still doesn't show. I posted this a while back before the site was revamped and still awaiting fix. Any help would be greatfully appreciated

texterityingame_zpsf97a2596.png

texterity_zpsadd2aeb7.png

I have the same problem with the badge "Born Explorer". It doesn't show on my "my page" but it shows in game as unlocked. Thanks for your help...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nevaehell wrote:
    I found the answer to my issue with the Robot Fish badge, and thought I'd share it here in case anyone else finds an issue with it.

I found a post in the EA forums, someone questioning why the badges weren't activating for them, and the ever amazing Crincrit gave an answer that I discovered for me was the reason why some badges haven't been activating.

Apparently certain supernatural species will not unlock badges. This was my issue as I was trying with a fairy, but am now try.

Other badges were mentioned, and the link is here if people wish to read. It's not a fix-all, but may help some: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Badges-not-triggering-for-Sims-3/td-p/1136662

That's all fine and dandy for those that were indeed trying with certain supernatural sims, and I'm glad that you Nevaehell found an answer that helped you.

I on the other hand, have used only human sims to work on the latest Island Paradise badges (with the exception of using mermaid sims for the one that REQUIRED mermaids to get a mermaid baby). All the rest of the new IP badges were being personally worked by me using ONLY human sims. I even went as far as to turn off all supernatural sims generating from my saves, from the options panel. So I had no witches, genies, fairies, vamps, wolves, etc. in my games at all when I was working the new ones.

Your find might have helped a few of you figure out your issues and I'm sincerely glad for you. But it does not take into account EVERY ACHIEVEMENT ISSUE FOR EVERY PLAYER.

The main issue here is that EA has released FAULTY CONTENT THAT DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY FOR EVERYONE, EVERY TIME. When we get the in-game notification that a badge was unlocked, and we players KNOW that we did everything the description states is required, REPEATEDLY, and there are still issues, IT'S NOT USER ERROR! They need to fix the system because it leaves much to be desired.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Mimi52861 - I did not say the fix I had found was a fix for /every single/ badge issue that was taking place. I was just offering a suggestion for those who were talking about badges that may have been listed there.

So please refrain from taking out your frustration on me when all I am trying to do is offer a little bit of insight into something that I found which may possibly help.

I'm sorry I cannot help everyone with every issue they have; I am only human, after all.
  • Options
    Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2013
    Need help,
    I lost a lot of achievements that I completed...

One of them is "10 to the 4th Simoleons" - Earn 10,000 Simoleons by correlating Scientific Data.

I spend DAYS for this achievement... I can still find it on my page but not ingame...
    I also lost other "difficult" but also "easy" achievements ingame...

I hoped that if I would patch to 1.55 or install Island Paradise, it would be fixed but it didn't helped unfortunately...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nevaehell wrote:
    Mimi52861 - I did not say the fix I had found was a fix for /every single/ badge issue that was taking place. I was just offering a suggestion for those who were talking about badges that may have been listed there.

So please refrain from taking out your frustration on me when all I am trying to do is offer a little bit of insight into something that I found which may possibly help.

I'm sorry I cannot help everyone with every issue they have; I am only human, after all.

I was not taking out my frustrations on YOU personally. Sorry if you took it like that, by no means was what I said in frustration to you personally.

I said I was sincerely glad you found an answer to help you. But please refrain from being so sensitive that you misunderstand my words. If you take a look at my other comments in this thread you will plainly see that my frustrations are with the company we know as EA games, and with EA employees that are not giving us any real help. I have nothing but good thoughts for other players such as you and myself, who just want to play our games, without all the glitches, bugs, unfinished products, features that don't work, etc. No, my problem is not with you dear, my problem is with EA.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I unlocked and earned the Island Paradise achievement badge "High-Class Hotel" on July 3. On that date, I got the in-game notification and have achieved ALL badges available to-date. My in-game badge tab is greyed out and cannot be selected because they are all completed.

The High-Class Hotel badge icon did not show up on My Page as completed, on that date, nor on any other day. It is now July 12th, and STILL no badge on My Page. I want this fixed immediately.

I also want my EARNED supernatural badges that were STOLEN from me! By golly I earned them and EA had 6 months to take them out, but no! You only did so after they were actually fixed and had been achieved by quite a few people! TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE EA! PUT THEM BACK OR TAKE OUT THE ENTIRE CRUDDY SYSTEM! DO IT RIGHT OR NOT AT ALL!

I'm fed up with excuses and the system not working. Get your act together and fix it already! We customers have been dealing with EA's faulty system for WAY too long and I'm sick of it. No more excuses! I've been complaining since last year about the constant issues here and I will continue to complain as long as the issues continue.

Want me to shut up with my rants? Then fix your cruddy system and web site!
  • Options
    shadedgrey63shadedgrey63 Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2013
    Nevaehell wrote:
    TenderWolf wrote:
    ...but then again, I can't get Sole Survivor yet everyone else seems to have it.

I tried a few times to get it at a resort, and then tried your idea, but I still haven't gotten the badge.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top