Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game achievements: Are you struggling? Don't know if it works? Post here (Please read First Post)

Comments

• AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited June 2013
    Over a week later and you're STILL waiting for a response from the "game team" as to whether the three removed achievements, which DID work, will be reinstated or not?!

It seems to me as though you, Ruski, are one of the only EA Sims employees that actually cares about the players.
    You seem to take on so much extra work for us and yet the other gurus never seem to even make an appearance.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • EntegyEntegy Posts: 144 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    For the jogging: Make sure your sim is actually "jogging". Running on the treadmill does not count.
    Are you serious? Ugh, no wonder. If the treadmill doesn't count, it shouldn't add to the distance jogged in the skill journal.
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    Cardio workout: Make sure you choose the correct workout mode for the badge. Strength workouts, & using the bench press do not count.

So does the treadmill not count as a cardio workout too? Cause I pretty much did everything on the treadmill, but it looks like the treadmill is a waste of time.

In other news, it looks like my Sim is NOT glitched. Got It's All In The Wrist by throwing more elixirs. She also got me the Professional Student badge, so she works! :P So I guess it comes down to not being able to trust the numbers in the skill journal. For example, to go back to Master Astronomer, my Sim had a wish to discover 25 stars. That's about as precise as you can get. Other celestial bodies do not count toward this wish, so when the wish was completed, I was shocked to not get the badge.
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited June 2013
    Entegy wrote:
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    For the jogging: Make sure your sim is actually "jogging". Running on the treadmill does not count.
    Are you serious? Ugh, no wonder. If the treadmill doesn't count, it shouldn't add to the distance jogged in the skill journal.
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    Cardio workout: Make sure you choose the correct workout mode for the badge. Strength workouts, & using the bench press do not count.

So does the treadmill not count as a cardio workout too? Cause I pretty much did everything on the treadmill, but it looks like the treadmill is a waste of time.

In other news, it looks like my Sim is NOT glitched. Got It's All In The Wrist by throwing more elixirs. She also got me the Professional Student badge, so she works! :P So I guess it comes down to not being able to trust the numbers in the skill journal. For example, to go back to Master Astronomer, my Sim had a wish to discover 25 stars. That's about as precise as you can get. Other celestial bodies do not count toward this wish, so when the wish was completed, I was shocked to not get the badge.

My sim did get it from the treadmill. He used only that and did not jog anywhere.
  • Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    Correction, we only got 12 new achievements..

This one is scrapped:
    Hermit Crab (Silver)
    Description: Have a single Sim household move to a hidden island
  • Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Correction, we only got 12 new achievements..

This one is scrapped:
    Hermit Crab (Silver)
    Description: Have a single Sim household move to a hidden island

Yeah, I just found that out too Valgon. My in-game badge tab was greyed out because I had completed all prior to the IP release. Yesterday afternoon, EA finally released 13 new Island Paradise badges & they all showed up in my in-game tab...I made myself a written list of them all.

This morning I get on My Page & check my badge list & see that one is missing already:

Hermit Crab- Have a single sim household move to a hidden island.

Really???? We only have a few with this pack as is & before we can even get started on them they are being taken out???? Well, if it has a problem, it's better to take it out now before we try over & over to unlock it & get frustration & disappointment instead.

Still have not seen anyone with the "game team" that works on these badges come here & speak directly to us. The go-between has not completed many and does not have the knowledge or experience needed to assist the masses with the badge system. Once again we players have to depend on each other while EA people give little to no assistance or helpful information.

• Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well, today I earned the Gratified Gifter badge, after installing Island Paradise and starting a new game. :shock:

SimGuruRusskii not sure if you had something to do with that, but if you did, Thank you!
  • eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well, today I earned the Gratified Gifter badge, after installing Island Paradise and starting a new game. :shock:

SimGuruRusskii not sure if you had something to do with that, but if you did, Thank you!

Congrats Trouble, that's awesome! :) So you did it with a new sim after sending just one batch of 5 gifts? Hope it works for me, too, when I install IP!
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
    edited June 2013
    eilian wrote:

Congrats Trouble, that's awesome! :) So you did it with a new sim after sending just one batch of 5 gifts? Hope it works for me, too, when I install IP!

Thanks! Yep, started a new game, clicked on the choose a household option to test out the game and test out houseboats, sent out 5 gifts with that sim and earned the badge.

Good luck, hope it works for you too!
    edited June 2013
    Congrats Trouble!

And good luck to you Eilian! Hope you get it soon. :)
  • SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2013
    I know there were reports for Hermit Crab.
    Game team is currently looking at it and re-uploading it.

I will let you know once that is live again.

Edit: it should be live and working now.

I can update the thread tomorrow.
    thanks

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited June 2013

thanks

"Should be" but isn't. In fact, none of the badges for this EP have worked for me except opening 5 treasure chests and buying 5 boats. Here's a summarization of the other issues:

*Plenty of Fish in the Sea (Have a Mermaid Baby) - My Sim had a baby with a merman, and though it has the weird mermaid skin tone, I didn't get the badge. Since one Sim was a human, I figured the 50% chance leaned more favorably toward the human side. But then I turned that same Sim into a mermaid, so both parents were merpeople. Guess what? Second baby = no badge. It has to be a merbaby because both parents are mermaids, yet neither baby has the blue mermaid/hydration needs. Other people have gotten the badge, and right as soon as the baby was born. But not me. Seems this is a badge that only works for some people...which is ridiculous.

*Sole Survivor (Make it across a scorching fire walk pit) - Did this at least five times, got the "Sole Survivor" moodlet, but no badge. On two different Sims in two different games.

I opened a brand new game with a brand new Sim, made in CAS from one of the EA-created creatures in the library, and this happened: I moved her (a single Sim household) onto a hidden island (which she discovered via the lifetime reward map), and guess what? No badge. She got a memory of moving but that's it.

I'm hesitant to even TRY the rest considering out of only 13 new ones we got, only two of them are working properly (and that's just for some people). Now, some other people have stated that they did get the above badges, but I, however, didn't. So it's another one of those cases that it works for some and not others, and quite frankly that's beyond irritating and unfair. Not to mention, considering some of these take a lot of time and effort on the part of us paying customers, ridiculous and extra frustrating. Most of us have full-time jobs or school to attend, so we don't have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to play a video game. When we do play it, is it so much to ask that it actually work?

As has been said many times, people play games to relax and have fun. If someone is trying to earn badges to somewhat customize their pages on this site (which can only be done now via badges and changed avatars thanks to the removal of the color and background options) only to find that they don't work, well, we're not going to be happy about it.

So I, and many others, would greatly apprecaite it if you would get these badges fixed and working properly, preferably from the get-go before they're released to the public. And the ones that do work? Don't remove them from our pages. It's bad enough it took six months for those three Supernatural ones to work; they weren't ones that could be completed easily and in a matter of seconds (at least not without cheats). They took a lot of time, which, again, not all of us have a lot of. So please get them fixed ASAP. And seeing as how I did everything I had to do in order to get the badges that still didn't unlock, I shouldn't have to go through and do it again...they should just show up on my page.

EDIT:

Okay, I just tried the Plenty of Fish in the Sea badge again, different town, new game, different Sims, same result. This time I had the aging turned on (I forgot it last time) and the baby aged up to a toddler...with scaly legs. So that means she was a merbaby the whole time, which would explain the mermaid skin tone, but did I get the badge? Of course not. Baby #2 with both parents as mermaids? Exact same result - no badge. This is beyond infuriating...
    edited June 2013
    eilian wrote:

Thanks! Yep, started a new game, clicked on the choose a household option to test out the game and test out houseboats, sent out 5 gifts with that sim and earned the badge.

Good luck, hope it works for you too!

Just installed IP and tried sending 5 gifts but no badge. I've tried this with so many sims in different worlds, I'm starting to think it's me who's glitched and not my sims haha
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    Congrats Trouble!

And good luck to you Eilian! Hope you get it soon. :)

Thanks Mimi :D
    edited June 2013

thanks

Hermit Crab unlocked for me in-game & I can see it in my game list of badges. But it does not show at all on My Page. Please have someone fix this.

Also, there are several other new IP badges that I have unlocked in-game, (AND I HAVE THE IN-GAME ICON FOR THEM, NOT JUST THE "SUITCASE" ICON), but still not showing as completed on My Page.

I want to know why the system is not syncing up all of my badges between my game & My Page here. I've already done the standard trouble-shooting on my end...

Logged out of everything. Cleared cookies & caches. Deleted cache files from The Sims folder. Logged back into Origin, game launcher, in-game & here on the site. Waited a few days for the system to catch on...BUT IT HAS NOT UPDATED MY PAGE.

We only got 13 new achievements. IT'S NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR THEM ALL TO WORK AND SHOW UP!!!!!!!
    edited June 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    *Sole Survivor (Make it across a scorching fire walk pit) - Did this at least five times, got the "Sole Survivor" moodlet, but no badge. On two different Sims in two different games.

This one didn't work for me either after several attempts. Then I tried turning up the heat to "scorching" and next time my sim walked across the coals, the badge triggered.
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    edited June 2013
    eilian wrote:
    TenderWolf wrote:

This one didn't work for me either after several attempts. Then I tried turning up the heat to "scorching" and next time my sim walked across the coals, the badge triggered.

Well the description DOES say a SCORCHING fire walk pit.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
    edited June 2013
    I DID turn it up to scorching. Three times. No badge.

And I see the Guru who started this thread hasn't replied either. How do we know she's looking into these ridiculous problems that shouldn't even exist?

Oh, and about Hermit Crab. It's supposed to be fixed and live? Well, not only do I still not have it, but it's not even on my page as a greyed-out, unobtained icon. So I don't see that it's "live" at all...
    edited June 2013
    Alistu wrote:
    eilian wrote:
    TenderWolf wrote:

Well the description DOES say a SCORCHING fire walk pit.

Yeah, I finally figured that out :oops: :lol:

Edit -
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    Also, there are several other new IP badges that I have unlocked in-game, (AND I HAVE THE IN-GAME ICON FOR THEM, NOT JUST THE "SUITCASE" ICON), but still not showing as completed on My Page.

Just happened to me, too. I unlocked Lap of Luxury in game but it's not showing up on the site. The badges I earned before and after have appeared but for some reason, this one didn't. Mypage is acting weird today so I was hoping it'll show up when things settle down, but after reading Mimi's post, I'm not so sure.
  • knightflower3knightflower3 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2013
    TenderWolf wrote:
    I DID turn it up to scorching. Three times. No badge.

And I see the Guru who started this thread hasn't replied either. How do we know she's looking into these ridiculous problems that shouldn't even exist?

Oh, and about Hermit Crab. It's supposed to be fixed and live? Well, not only do I still not have it, but it's not even on my page as a greyed-out, unobtained icon. So I don't see that it's "live" at all...

Ditto here. Made it across the pit on each heat setting, including scorching, and nada. I thought it would be an easy one...
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, that makes it even more disgusting - that it's such an easy one, yet they can't even get that right. But which is more disgusting - the easy ones that shouldn't have any problems with their programming, or the hard ones that take a lot of time and in the end we don't get them when we should? I honestly don't know which is worse...
    edited June 2013
    Finally got the gratified gifter badge. Had to stare at it for a few minutes to make sure I wasn't imagining it! :P The Lap of Luxury badge I earned yesterday is still missing from mypage though. It shows as done in the game but not here. Help?? :mrgreen:

This thread seems like a "part 2" of the achievement bug thread that was already in progress in the general forum. I'm not sure what I was expecting... maybe the person who did the programming of the badges to pop in and fix everything with a magic wand? haha
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for this thread much appreciated. I have been having an issue since installing UL in which all of my achievements whether completed or not are not showing up. Example, when I scroll to the completed list it shows something like

Completed (-90.150). Now most I have completed are showing up. However, the newer ones and some older ones are not showing up in game, but they are there on my My Page. Anyway, I wrote down the required actions for certain ones and after performing them I never get the badge for it, either through my profile in game or on the web browser. Also I have no mods and only a few clothes and buy objects as CC. Do you know how to correct this?
    edited June 2013
    Well, I'm a bit miffed at my badges right now.

I've already found 5 hidden islands, with 2 different sims in 2 different save games and the badge still has not triggered. :?

I've had 2 different sims in 2 different save games have a 0 (Zero) star resort for 7 days & beyond...no badge triggered. Same thing for the 5 star High-Class Hotel badge, grrrr. :x

I already got the in-game badges for "Juice Cruise" & "We're Boat People Now" but they are not showing as completed on My Page. :x

Technically, I should have unlocked all 13 badges by now, (yes I got the in-game notification of achieving "Hermit Crab", even though we're told the "team" removed it. It triggered in-game & I can see the badge in-game, but it's not listed on My Page). Russkki said that it was put back in & working properly? Not true! We can't believe everything we are told. :evil:

What are we achieving anyway? How NOT to blow a gasket while attempting to earn these blasted badges? :twisted:
    edited July 2013
    eilian wrote:
    Finally got the gratified gifter badge. Had to stare at it for a few minutes to make sure I wasn't imagining it! :P The Lap of Luxury badge I earned yesterday is still missing from mypage though. It shows as done in the game but not here. Help?? :mrgreen:

This thread seems like a "part 2" of the achievement bug thread that was already in progress in the general forum. I'm not sure what I was expecting... maybe the person who did the programming of the badges to pop in and fix everything with a magic wand? haha

Congrats on getting the gratified gifter badger!
    And lol, I also stared at mine for a few minutes along with checking my page/badges a couple times to make sure it was real.
    edited July 2013
    Congrats on getting the gratified gifter badger!
    And lol, I also stared at mine for a few minutes along with checking my page/badges a couple times to make sure it was real.

Thanks! haha yep that was me, too! :lol:

Russkii, I know you're busy but when you have a chance, can you please advise regarding badges that trigger in-game but don't appear on mypages? I've cleared game cache files and browser, too. Logged in and out of the game but nothing is pushing that one badge to jump from the game over to the site.
    edited July 2013
    eilian wrote:
    Russkii, I know you're busy but when you have a chance, can you please advise regarding badges that trigger in-game but don't appear on mypages? I've cleared game cache files and browser, too. Logged in and out of the game but nothing is pushing that one badge to jump from the game over to the site.

And the ones we earn, some multiple times, that don't trigger in-game at all (yet work for others)...pretty much the whole broken system.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top