Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

** NEW! A Cottage For Christmas! NO CC PG 123** by TarynTempestwind

Comments

• Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited February 2014
    OMG, T, you have WAY outdone yourself! Rosebrook Estate is one of the most magnificent builds I have seen EVER by ANYONE. It is a masterpiece.

Your MOO is just the most amazing, and that is always true, but this build is even kicked up a notch from your usual fabulousness. Everywhere I look I see amazingness.

I LOVE all the details and the thought about how they would have a cold cellar and servants quarters and all the arrangement of the house... and the landscaping!! It is just as amazing outside this lovely house as inside it. The path across the lake is just my favorite.

Everything is really deluxe and really special. I love your use of the TOWEL BARS for Heaven's Sake!

DRF from me for this Feature-worthy build!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited February 2014
    Rosebrook is Stunning Taryn! There are so many fabulous things to appreciate in this beauty. I Love the winding path to the greenhouse. I also Love all the new and clever MOOing ideas. Everything both inside and out is Perfect. Rec'd :D
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you Yanti, YellowJane and Folly! Go ahead and move in FoLly! I fell in love with Seriphinafyie's new children, and am going to adopt them and move in to this house with them too! Look at these children! http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/150/668369.page. Tell me they do not just belong here!

Towel holders! Zoo! Who knew ! I do like to manipulate towel holders, don't I? Lol! So pleased you noticed them! Thank you so much!

Thank you Cath! I loved that little path too! It turned out cute.
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited February 2014
    Awww..thank you guys so much! Socalkdl and Cynth, your opening comments made me laugh!

Thank you Will and SpringFairy!

Cynth, I have to confess, building houses is playing for me and I've never made a houseboat, and only tried playing one for about 15 minutes before I had to stop and completely redecorate it! I am not sure I'd be a good candidate or building one. No experience! Oh, and those 15 minutes have amounted to the total time I spent in Island Paradice! I do like the build items that came with it though! Heh...I haven't even played University....I bought it for the double-hung windows and the wall treatments! Hah!

This house took about 3 weeks to build and I very much enjoyed it.

Thanks again! Your comments make my day!

I'm worse, I just can't settle for a stock houseboat no matter how hard I try. They're either too small or too modern for my taste. And I have this weird obsession with the Town Life clubhouse and trying to mix it with what I have for Hawaiian/Tiki themed stuff. Then again, with the option for some fun time in there that results in a baby...
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ok, so my question for the master is: how much planning do you do before you build in terms of raising and lowering the terrain? That's one of my challenges in taking my builds to the next level. I tend to make rather flat and boring lots.

Any suggestions?

A new class idea, maybe, Professor Zoo?

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Lol Cynth! On your treehouse comment! I for one, would like a romantic big bath tub for 2 for my sims. They would be lovely in a big spa- like bathroom and for gameplay. The bathtubs are just too small for my happiness.

That's so odd SuePea...I was just thinking about terrain work. It does take planning. For this house, I knew even at the start, I wanted my driveway to sweep up the side and curve up the side. It's hard to see in my pictures, but it does. I have to plan for that first. Before the house goes in at all. In doing that, I can elevate the house' s fouation a bit from the street without cheats too. It makes the house look more grand and more imposing from the street, too, which is very elegant for this type of home, or any home you want to be reall showy from the street. Having to look up at a home adds drama.

For a walkout basement home, where you want a door and windows that look good, you must raise the terrain too. Otherwise your walkout basement yard is sunken and looks like a flood zone. So you must do that first too. Before you even start the house, you have to plan for that and elevate terrain.

Use stairs as your guide to see how high you want to raise the terrain. Four sets of four steps = standard wall height for a walkout basement ( for a house WITH a foundation.). 3 sets of four steps = wall height without a foundation.

I will also raise my terrain, to several heights, then draw a wall on the flat ground next to it and use that wall as a temporary height gauge. It doesn't have to perfectly match your fat terrain area of the lot. Use the terrain smoothing tool and it will help you smooth things out. Shoot for slightly higher than the flat ground, and you can smooth out to flat lot area. it will look better than having sunken areas.

So if you are planning for terrain work to look seamless with your house, you must start with that. Picture your lot look before you even worry about your house look. In your mind's eye, envision your final look, with yard and everything. Or find a picture of a home online and study that flow of the terrain, and ponder how you can get the same effect. It's kind of like envisioning the lot in reverse. Think about how you want it to look when it's finished before you start. Then play with terrain elevation first, then do the very basic you need to get a start on your house, and adjust.

I will let Zoo know of your interest for a class on this Sue!

I think it would be a good ZOO U class too. It really does elevate the look of the whole lot...and gives you a chance to "paint" your terrain with the terrin paints, which is so much fun! They can be so lovely!

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2014
    Taryn -- thanks for the tips! A terrain class would be awesome.

So, you do know I DL'd your build so I could pick apart all your MOOing genius ;-)

Been having so much fun letting Zoo's JT explore the house and garden.

I LOVE THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Sue Pea
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited February 2014
    This new build is a DNA Request Team build for Purple_Roses2110. It's a Gothic/Victorian manor with 5 family bedrooms, maids' and butler's quarters, formal living spaces and secrets!

Rosebrook Estates (No CC) Exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8027407

I think I need to watch Downton Abbey...
    Wow. :shock:

just when i thought i was getting kind of ok at building...wow.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you SusieP! If you are undoing the house for MOOing..take a look at the turret top. I discovered this trick for adding height, When I cant make a small roof at the top of my house. And look at the small the roof pieces all around the turret. They are so fun to creat MOOed molding with. Also the scalloped small shelf from Supernatural used to create molding on some windows for gingerbread. They are little details that really do add character.

I use Zoo's JT too. She stocked the hidden magic room with the goodies! I shamelessly used her for magical inventory!

Thank you Smash! (you Are a wonderful builder) I watch Downton Abby once for the story and a second time to study the architecture, decor and fashion and jewels! This house doesn't look like the Downton Abby manor, I just really liked the idea of adding character with rooms for the help. However...the kitchen is very much Downton Anny Inspired though. Very much the workplace!

• Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited February 2014
    I have stopped drooling over the pictures long enough to finally comment. This house is aMAzing! I haven't even been able to get in game and look at it, and this house has exceeded my expectations a million times over! This is way, way better than how I imagined it in my head! I absolutely can't wait to download it and play with it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so very much! :D I'll be back to comment once I look at it fully in game.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ooooh...I am so excited for you to see your request home Purple_Roses!

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) (thats me)
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited February 2014
    O.M.G. :shock:

The amount of detail that went into this house...
    Like, wow! And you weren't kidding when you said it would take a long time to load. I thought my game was broken for a second. Lol! This was well worth the wait! I really can't wait to play with it!

Thank you so much again! I've already rec'd it! Beyond amazing!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I know what you mean about thinking your game was broken, Purple_roses. I built this in Dragon Valley, but knowing you didn't have DV, I moved the lot to Appaloosa Plains to package it and upload it from a game World you had. I did not know if the exchange would add anything like mailboxes and garbage cans or terrain paint from DV and then not let you download it. It took a very long time to load and I almost panicked myself!

Note. This lot takes a long time to load. Do not panic! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited February 2014
    suepea wrote:
    Ok, so my question for the master is: how much planning do you do before you build in terms of raising and lowering the terrain? That's one of my challenges in taking my builds to the next level. I tend to make rather flat and boring lots.

Any suggestions?

A new class idea, maybe, Professor Zoo?

Good news, Susie P, TARYN has agreed to teach a class in terrain for Zoo U! I can't wait!
    oow785m
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited February 2014
    ... wow Taryn. Just... WOW!
    Rosebrook Estate is dimensions past amazing, I really lack words to describe how beautiful I find it. Can I move into your mind and live there for a while, so I can see what happens when you just **** build something like this? :shock:
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes Dolphine, you may move into my mind. Some would say there is plenty of empty space available there! :lol:

Thank you, Doll!
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oooohhh Taryn ...'Rosebrook Estate' ... is just :shock: ... *breathing heavily* ... jeez - no more paperbags!!! ... thudddd ... nee-naw ... nee-naw ... *slowly coming to* ... thank goodness my firefighter hunks have arrived :D ... ummmm ... I know Taryn's new creation is yet another awesome one ... but stop gaping at my computer screen ... I'm down here on the floor with a bump on the old noggin :wink: ... I know it's the same story every time ... but I can't help it that Mrs T has the knack of setting off my hyperventilation problem as soon as I clap eyes on anything she builds :lol: ....

My dearest Taryn ... you are truly the Supreme Master of the MOO-ing skills and I can't tell you enough that I am in absolute awe of each and everyone of your amazing builds!!!!

DFR'd of course!!! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you Hidehi! Please send the Firefighting Hunks my way to ...ummm... Gosh anything I think of to have then check just comes off as sounding really naughty! I got nuthin'!

Lol! :lol: thank you Hidehi!
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited February 2014
    Taryn, sorry I haven’t visited your thread lately, so just catching up on your latest 3 builds. Wow, I’m always in awe of everything you do.

The Fresh Start Country home is absolutely adorable and very inviting. Even the barn is amazing. And I can never get over how beautiful your exteriors and landscaping turn out, gorgeous!

And your Easton Cay modern is stunning as well (of course!!) Love the exterior pool area and the decking.

I enjoyed the tour through Rosebrook Estate, just beautiful!! That little path leading to the greenhouse is so charming (of course just one of the many little charming things in this house!!)

I'm currently at work waiting for my lunch to arrive, so unfortunately I don't have the time to write everything I would like to write about each one, plus this would be a super long post. Just know that I love everything!!! LOL

All rec’d! :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    edited February 2014
    I've loved looking at of all your builds for a long time Taryn (even though I only lurked until recently),really I can`t think of much to say that hasn't already been said,hmmm. Oooo ok I will admit to having an extra level of addiction to anything farm/country related,and the little details you put into areas like laundry rooms or potting sheds make me just want to be a Sim so I could move in!

Rosebrook Estate is another gem :thumbup:
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you Sandra..ESP for going back and finding homes you had missed. I have to do that too for my friends; I know tht time gets away from me too!

Thank you for not lurking and sending me that note, Girkl! I know what it is to be a quiet lurker...and I was! But it's much nicer to come out and play! Sending you a frènds request!

XO T
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh! Ty for the friend request,you didn't have to do that but I accepted quickly before you could change your mind :lol:. My only other in-game friend is my real-life best friend who sadly passed away just before Christmas,and among all the many,many huge things I miss about her is also the teeny thing of having someone who doesn't think I'm crazy when I'm happy that I accidentally left the game running and came back to find no-one burned the town down :lol:. I spend so much of my time lately playing/building (trying to) in this game for reasons that are very long and boring,having no-one who "gets" the appeal is a little bit sad,hence my de-lurking (I think I just made that up but shh no-one will know),so thank you again for being the first of my new Sims friends :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ooooh. Girkl! If there was ever ever EVER a place that would totally get your obsession with building and playing sims ... Relief at not having a meteor hit your home, the horror of Evie McConnel burning to death one school morning while BBQing hamburgers for breakfast,,,in front of her screaming children who got off the bus and watched her die.......it is here! We get it.

I encourage you to send out friend requests and join in! Also...since I am your first friend...I wanted to tell you to check your gifts. I sent you some pretties!

Welcome to the CCorner and Thank you or accepting my friend request!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for the lovely welcome,you're too kind to send me those gifts! I left a message on your page,but in case it gets lost I shall repeat that you're very naughty to do such a thing,I shall try and find a way to get even one day :wink:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited February 2014
    Welcome to posting on the forums Girkl. :) I would like to send you a friend request. I am sorry for interrupting your page Taryn. I hope that you continue to have fun and enjoy posting in the forums Girkl. :)