Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifts for You! ♥ Two Chinese Beauties (Lots) - page 15 ♥

Comments

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited August 2011
    :D If you have not seen these yet, here are two little gifts for my friends and an advertisement for BimleSim's Japanese world, Sim no Shima, which these have been created for. They are both 30 x 20 sized lots and can easily be moved to larger lots in your world if you so choose.

Lot Five - more traditional, central stairway - More pix on the upload!
    LINK: Sim No Shima Lot Five
    DETAILS: A lovely Japanese build brought to you by Reach. Central stairway eliminates the need for hallways keeping the footprint of the home to a minimum. Two bedroom, two bath, open floor plans on both levels. Includes expandable cellar and perfect garden artistically planted to blend in with the surroundings. Koi pond provides awesome fishing. Parking for one plus one kenspa included. All alarms. Under $72K. No 3PCC-CUSTARD clean. Recs appreciated!

screenshot_original.jpg

Lot Six - modern suburban exterior with a traditional interior - More pix on the upload!
    LINK: Sim No Shima Lot Six
    DETAILS: Japanese three bedroom, three bath, plus unfurnished expandable basement available for all kinds of entertaining possibilities. Semi-modern exterior front, more traditional interior and private central rear patio. Parking for one, plus two kenspas included. All alarms. Space available for gardening and children's playthings. CUSTARD clean - No 3PCC. About $86,000 - by Reach. Recs appreciated!

screenshot_original.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The architecture of the second house does not lend itself well to pictures but both houses are very playable, fully tested. No 3PCC whatsoever and no CC patterns. I hope some of you will enjoy living and playing in these. *Hugs* :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited August 2011
    Oh Reach, what beautiful houses! So pretty and complimentary but also very unique from the other. Rec'd and rec'd. :-)
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited August 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Romagi, I know we share that "thing" for having the roof be correct and I agree. I so miss the way we did our roofs in Sims 2. So much easier.

I'm not familiar with roofing from Sims 2...but I always pay extra attention to when I'm looking at other peoples' lots. Creating roofs can be so hard and I can be so picky. You did a really good job on yours Reach! :thumbup:

Great lot, and of course you know I've already rec'd it! :P

EDIT: And your Japanese Beauties really are just that, beauties!! Rec'd those too! 8)
  • Options
    kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited August 2011
    i love your new homes reach i tried to rec'd them last night but they just wouldnt load up .....rec'd them now though :D:D:D

lot 5 reminds me of a house that was in sims 2 :D:D:D
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited August 2011
    Love those homes and recommended both! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks very much, friends! :mrgreen:

KLorelei - The more omdern looking house is going into a neighborhood where the houses were already finished so it was built to go with them. The other lot is on the end of a street, sitting all by itself so I was free to make it more original.

Trufan, thanks a bunch! Yeah, I hesitated a little bit calling them Two Japanese Beauties but would I share something I thought was ugly? LOL. :wink:

Kezza - thanks for the recs. I don't remember the house you are referring to because I never played a house in Sims 2 made by EA. I'll have to look at that. Do you remember what town it was in?

Shane and all of you - thanks a bunch for the recs. It took me two weeks to upload these lots. The pictures aren't that great but the houses are special. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Shane, I just left recs for your two new Sims. (You know I already did your fine studio.) :thumbup:
  • Options
    sambailssambails Posts: 1,025
    edited August 2011
    Those are beautiful Reach!!! I love Japanese/Asian homes.

Also how did you get those mailboxes did you change them somehow or place a WA lot?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    How did I get the mailboxes from WA? I went to a vacation world and found an empty 20 x 30 sized lot with a WA mailbox. I put one item on the lot, a plant from buy mode. It doesn't matter what it is - just add one thing to the lot and then you can save it to the lot bin. From there on, I always have a 20 x 30 size lot to place on the same size or any larger lot whenever I want that particular mailbox. I delete the plant. LOL. Thanks for the recs for my two new lots! I do love them both. And I have to tell you, Sam, you changed your avatar and I barely recognized you! :mrgreen:

I left you a comment also in case you don't make it back to this thread.
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow they are both so stunning Reach! I am not usually that partial to oriental culture, but I absolutely love these! Especially the little arch thing! I really wish there were some more 3 tile arches in the game/store.

Off to rec! :thumbup:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited August 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    EDIT: Shane, I just left recs for your two new Sims. (You know I already did your fine studio.) :thumbup:

Thanks Reach! :mrgreen::P
  • Options
    piffloverpifflover Posts: 615 Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow! Now that is talent! You did an amazing job! I want to Japan two years ago with some friends and your creations remind me of the houses and buildings I saw while there! :D Great work! I made sure to rec them. :-o
  • Options
    kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited August 2011
    i dont have a clue where this home is in sims2 , i even have the layout in my head like i had just been playing it ha ha,unfortunately i dont have sims 2 installed but i will find out from someone lol
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited August 2011
    Your two new builds are Japanese Beauties :!:
    Two well deserved Recs. and a virtual one for every download :!: :mrgreen:

Love them and your ok too :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks a bunch, friends! :D

BakingNerd - I really cringed at using that particular 3-tile arch but there was absolutely nothing else that could have been put there. I also wish we had a few more choices. That particular arch is not the most authentic but I was constrained by lot size which effects everything and I wanted to make sure the arch was wide enough that a small car could drive through it. It had to be a 3-tiler. Thank you!

Pifflover - thanks so much for the wonderful compliment. I assume you liked Japan when you were there. I have been there twice, once as an exchange student. I honestly left my heart there when I had to go home to San Francisco. LOL. These lots are probably more like someone would have custom designed and built in Northern California if they wanted a Japanese house. Elements of them are very authentic but there are some compromises - as I mentioned the lot size I was constrained to build for, not to mention some game limitations. I had an easier time building Japanese lots in Sims 2.

Kezza - I'm just curious but don't sweat it. 8)

Sashraf - one of my building heroes, you aren't so bad yourself. :wink:
  • Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Gorgeous Reach! (as usual :wink: )

I just love these houses! I stopped by and left a rec for each very deserving lot. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    sheri19asheri19a Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited August 2011
    What beautiful houses Reach, I rec'd them both. My you have been busy, they must have taken you many hours. **HUGS**
  • Options
    klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited August 2011
    The homes are indeed beautiful; recommended both. I need to search through my towns to see if there's anywhere I can put either of these houses!
  • Options
    hi54321hi54321 Posts: 2,554 New Member
    edited August 2011
    OMG HOW DO YOU BUILD SUCH AWESOME HOUSES! MY HOUSE=SQUARE WITH FURNITURE SCATTERED AROUND. RECOMMENDED THEM BOTH! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited August 2011
    Bravo!!! These houses are sooo beauitful!!! :] Just when I thought you had Reached [no pun intented :mrgreen: ] the highest level of awesomeness you go and build these wonderful houses which makes you even more awesome than before!!! :mrgreen:

You should join my contest!! I know the others would LOVE to have you as a builder :]

you're awesome...yup awesome is a good word for you :mrgreen:

-Nik

P.S. left you recs of course
  • Options
    Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2011
    Those 2 are really beauties :) I think the first one is my favorite, but well, the other one is very nice as well !

I've never been to Japan but this is exactly how we could think it is (and of course you know about it having lived here ;)), and look like picture some friends showed me !

Already Rec'ed!! thanks for sharing !
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jurik - thanks so much! Especially as busy as you are right now with settling in and unpacking, it's so generous of you to take the time to stop by and leave recs for me. *Hugs*

Sheri - thank you! Yes, my houses usually take me about a week to build. Once in awhile, I get lucky and things go together more quickly but I have also spent as much as a couple months on a lot. LOL. These took about a week, including testing. I didn't mention it but I usually upgrade everything also because a lot of people don't want to bother with it. An upgraded fireplace is essential or you risk killing your Sim.

klb685, hi54321 and Rawr (Nik) - You have me blushing. Thank you so much! :oops: (Not sure if I have time to enter the competition, but I will be watching!)

Mimine - thank you! The first one is definitely my favorite. I love playing in my Japanese and other Asian houses and making them as authentic as I can. I like to recreate them to the degree that I can almost feel what it's like to be back there again. A Japanese house has restful places and little garden views, places of serenity. I can do a lot more with some 3PCC but I never upload them with any.

Thanks to all of you for the comments, the downloads and the recs. It's most appreciated. :D

• Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2011
    Reach your new japanese lots are so beautiful and look very authentic! left recs for both :)
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited August 2011
    Reach they are beauties!!!!! :D

Thanks for sharing, i adore them! Especially the first one, it captures the japanese feeling in a wonderful way!!! Love it! But i want more pictures! :) Please? Would love to see the inside of them! :)

And thanks for the tip on the mailbox, i never thought of that and have been needing especially the apartment one! Have to remember that for the future!

Once i a while i wish i could download... this is one of those times. I will leave you some rec's instead :)

*hugs*
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Maria - thanks so much! I was happy to pay another visit to your studio and leave recs for everything I had missed. You are one of the most outstanding creators here. Many people can create exquisite Sims and others can do stunning builds but not very many people do both. Hats off to you! :mrgreen:

Stinalina - thank you! If you click on the image on the uploads you can see a total about 14 or 15 custom images. The best shots are those of the first house (Sim no Shima Lot Five) because the architecture of the other house does not allow for much picture taking.

I'm not sure why you cannot download anything. Are you sure it isn't a matter of your browser settings? Thanks again for the compliments and the recs.
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Reachsims wrote:

This one is very beautiful. I love it! Left you a rec :thumbup: