Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifts for You! ♥ Two Chinese Beauties (Lots) - page 15 ♥

Comments

• Options
    LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited June 2011
    It's very cute and I like the colours, I don't know how you do it to be honest. I made a "starter" the other day but my budget went out the window and I actually thought 30,000 showed a lot of restraint. Lol. :lol:
  • Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Cute starter Reach! Those items look great in there! :D Rec'd!
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited June 2011
    How lovely!

I just returned from vacation to find another wonderful creation in your studio. Rec'd and (downloaded when I get generations :) )
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you everyone for the sweet comments and the recommendations. LoveEvil, they are usually cheap because I don't add any decor. I wait until the Sims can afford some. Here's my latest.

The main thing I was trying to do here was build a Tudor (Revival) for the first time in Sims 3 and get the roof right! I have a thing about the roof being right. I built this in Sunset Valley across the street from the beach but could not get any pictures from the front at that location so I had to move the house to get a shot of the front. There are more pictures of the house with the upload. The kitchen is especially sweet. A pretty flexible build, it can have four bedrooms since I always include a basement unless it's not allowed. :wink:

I hope you will like the Inman Park Tudor. There are more details on the upload. Any 3PCC you see in the photos is not included in the upload so you can add your own carpets and artwork. CUSTARD shows no 3PCC and no patterns. This was built on a 20 x 30 but would be gorgeous on a 30 x 30 and then you can add more landscaping and have more room for the children's toys.

Inman Park Tudor

This isn't the best picture but beggars cannot always be choosy.

screenshot_original.jpg

And finally another picture which had to be uploaded twice... this is from the actual build site.

screenshot_original.jpg

Romagi - that's the best I could do on the roof. :mrgreen:

EDIT: :oops: I forgot to post the only shot I have of the original - I did NOT want the house to be this large and I did want the house to be on level ground. It just makes life easier. :mrgreen:

CurbAppeal.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited June 2011
    Your Tudor is so adorable, I love it! :)
    Thank you very much!

And I'm the first who can recommend it :)

You can find very good roof-tutorials here created by socalkdl, he made a wonderful work with collecting various kind of roofs:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/375222.page
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/375888.page#5330610
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited June 2011
    The roof is PERFECT! I got rec #2! DLed it too! SWEET! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thank you, Imoger! I am a follower of Kirk's work. :D

He is an awesomely talented roofer.

Thanks, Romagi!
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi! rec #5! :mrgreen: This house is just adorable! Thanks Reach :D
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited June 2011
    reach i gave you some recs today. i never had alot of points so i gift recs instead . a idea i had because i can't gift actual gifts. iwant thank you for your friendship. you and my other friends mean alot to me.
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited June 2011
    :mrgreen:Reach

I got download #93 and rec #7 and the roof is GREAT and so are the PICS!

Can't wait to see it in game :!:

Edit: The house is...AMAZING :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited June 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Thank you, Imoger! I am a follower of Kirk's work. :D

He is an awesomely talented roofer.

Thanks, Romagi!

I really appreciate his work with collecting those roofs, because I'm not so good with them, so I immediately bookmarked those threads :lol:
  • Options
    LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited June 2011
    It's lovely! The roof is perfect, I like the exterior design and the interior looks very warm and inviting. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks so much to all of you for the recs. :D

I did have to tweak that roof a bunch of times because I kept changing the upstairs. A couple times, I simply removed the entire roof and started over but it was so much fun that I didn't mind. The front of this house is a copy of a house nearby - but I have no idea what the back of it looks like so I went with my imagination on that.

I neglected to say there is room for parking on the right side or on the left if you move the tree but frankly, I don't really like driveways for very many houses. I think they often detract from the beauty of the home and many older homes lack a driveway and the residents park on the street. In many cases, of course, there is a nice shady spot under a tree which doesn't drop too much nasty stuff where a car will simply be parked in the yard. That works for me, too.

If the home seems to be lacking much art work and decor, that is intentional. I really don't use very much EA art/paintings in my game because I have a wonderful collection of beautiful artwork and antique rugs. Also, I like the home to be priced much more reasonably and let whoever plays it add from the artwork in their own collection, store content or otherwise. Also, whenever I download a lot, I normally delete most EA art and rugs and place my own in there as the resident can afford it. Lots of times, a $75K home is only $40K when you do so.

Also, by the time my Sims can afford a $100K home, I've normally grown tired of them and moved on. I need homes I can afford to play in since I don't cheat by giving the Sims funds so I try to achieve some balance between price and minimal decor since I go for expensive furnishings. On that note, I neglected to have my Sim take her laptop with her and so that needlessly raised the home price. :roll: $65.5 is not bad, though.
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    If the home seems to be lacking much art work and decor, that is intentional. I really don't use very much EA art/paintings in my game because I have a wonderful collection of beautiful artwork and antique rugs. Also, I like the home to be priced much more reasonably and let whoever plays it add from the artwork in their own collection, store content or otherwise. Also, whenever I download a lot, I normally delete most EA art and rugs and place my own in there as the resident can afford it. Lots of times, a $75K home is only $40K when you do so.

Also, by the time my Sims can afford a $100K home, I've normally grown tired of them and moved on. I need homes I can afford to play in since I don't cheat by giving the Sims funds so I try to achieve some balance between price and minimal decor since I go for expensive furnishings. On that note, I neglected to have my Sim take her laptop with her and so that needlessly raised the home price. :roll: $65.5 is not bad, though.

Good to know! thank you for the tips! :mrgreen::lol:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited June 2011
    Beautiful, Reach! Well done as always. :D
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited June 2011
    Stunning, I love lots like that, rec'd :D
  • Options
    whisperingtruthwhisperingtruth Posts: 2,540 New Member
    edited June 2011
    It's lovely. Downloaded and rec'd! I'd like to include it Whispering Samira if I may, I need more traditional style homes and this is perfect.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :D Of course you may, Whisp! Thanks very much for the recs (all of you). You will discover the basement is easily expanded but is loosely laid out to add a possible two bedroms and a bath. Of course it can be enlarged as well and that's easy enough. I wanted the layout of the basement to look attractive and invite personal interpretation and usage rather than look like a huge ugly room. The interior walls and the door locations, etc... of the upstairs can be moved around some and modifications made there as well. I had only a single Sim living in the house so it was built with her in mind.

It's built on a 20x30 but if you plan on a bunch of children there you can place it on a 30x30 size lot and add more outdoor stuff for the little ones. I hope you will enjoy it if you ever play in it but it will look pretty in your world either way. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :oops: I forgot to post the only shot I have of the original - I did NOT want the house to be this large and I did want the house to be on level ground. It just makes life easier. :mrgreen:

CurbAppeal.jpg
  • Options
    WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Your Inman Park Tudor is great hunny!!!
    rec'd it !!
    hugs!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited June 2011
    omgosh reach i absolutely love it, its strange too i went to my bed last night and as usual my brain goes into thinking mode when i would prefer to sleep lol but i actually seen a house like that in my head and thought yaaaaay inspiration (something i have not had for a while) :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

oh rec'd it :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mimine17Mimine17 Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the reminder ;)
    I saw your lot the other day and reced it instantly because it's so nice but forgot to post here!

This is a lovely building and to look at it make it homey ! It's really a nice creation, thanks for sharing with us !
  • Options
    Donnafelipe1Donnafelipe1 Posts: 791
    edited June 2011
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! I love your new tudor house!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited June 2011
    Reach I just saw the pic of the original, you did AWESOME!

As you already know, I have a thing about roofs too! My biggest complaint with TS3's roof adjuster is you can't set it by a number like you could in TS2. It can be really hard to match different roof heights, by eyeballing them, when you don't want all of them the same on a lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Romagi, I know we share that "thing" for having the roof be correct and I agree. I so miss the way we did our roofs in Sims 2. So much easier.

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments and for the recs. I so appreciate them. I can always whip out a decent Sim in an hour or two but it takes days, sometimes weeks to get a build right. Then of course there is a bit of tweaking it, one more bush, one more tree, one more flower, etc... Then the testing and making sure you get all those 3PCC bits and pieces out. I think it's like real life. There is always room for more home improvement (when there are no repairs screaming to be made) for the home owner. :mrgreen:

Donna, so good to see you pop in and thank you so much. I can't wait until your schedule allows you more time to be here. We have really missed you!!!

Kezza, I have to go Googling when I need inspiration. It can keep me awake at night, I tell ya!