Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifts for You! ♥ Two Chinese Beauties (Lots) - page 15 ♥

Comments

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2011

I've already posted in your Comments or elsewhere but in case anything got missed, I just wanted to update my list.

A bunch more thank you's...

Proudmama, I will make you proud when I have time to use that wonderful gift. I've been messing with it but I need to start small, if you know what I mean. I originally started working on a castle keep but after some thought, I'm going back to work on my ancient lighthouse and so that gift should figure in beautifully. Thanks for all the love!

Jkstens, thanks for keeping the little girls dressed up so beautifully. The Little Sundress is very sweet and recolors beautifully!

Kazee, thanks for the gorgeous Ultra Lounge Shower. I put it into a house last night and it looks wonderful. I had no idea it is so sheer in the game. I love it!

Thanks to Pinkisboring for the Manor Fence. I always need more fencing even if it isn't used extensively outdoors. Thank you for the gift.

Whisp and Jurik (for sharing her prize), thanks very much for the Vorn Sink. Eventually, I'll have all of the Bayside set, one of the most useful sets of objects in the store. I appreciate it very much!

Xboxsg, you always come by with one surprise or another. Thank you very much for the Woodrow's Woodworks Loveseat. Thank you for thinking of me.

Msredenotdead and Sammie (for sharing her prize), thank you for Woodrow's Woodworks Sofa and the Enchanting Mirror Wall. I thoroughly enjoyed the competition you hosted, Msred. Thank you for the very generous prizes and all the time you and your family spent judging.

Tallcoolone, thanks for the fact that I finally have an aquarium in my game. The Alpha Waves Aquarium does work! It really does!

Sheba, I'm just going to say, you weren't supposed to do that but I will enjoy those new clothes, even though I wish they had been for teens and children. I don't see any adults wearing stuff like that in my area unless it's Haloween. LOL. Thank you.

Kransper, thank you so much for the Lantern and your message. It was most fitting and I'll keep a light burning. *Hugs*

Yoda, you sweet thing! Thank you for the On Shoulder Dress. I love it! I hope you are getting better and will soon have all PCs/Macs back up to speed.

MaulRat, I love the Old Town Style Masks! It took me forever to find them - that's going to be a great additon for decorating. Thank you.

Cbrock7, you don't need to return gifts when you make the GOG list. LOL. It's so sweet of you! Thanks for the Ode to Viv for my guys.

Saraluptowski, thank you for the new hair, the Long Feathered. If I can keep it installed in my game, I'll be able to use it more.

Sheba, AGAIN, thank you for NeoRetro Chair. Looks like a pretty comfy chair to go with a nice modern desk. Thanks for always being so kind and generous!

*Hugs and more hugs all around* :mrgreen:

The promised Irish Pub is up next!
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited March 2011
    Can't wait to see your pub hon. Good luck with that. :mrgreen:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    A very Happy St. Patrick's Day gift to my friends! Welcome to Maguire's Irish Pub! Or you might say, Mag Uidhir. I've read that this means dun-coloured and I suppose that it is on the outside.

For those of you who liked my build, the King's Old Nectar Cellar, I have made a companion lot of the same size, 20x20, and this time I give you Maguire's Irish Pub, an upscale neighborhood dive bar. You'll find plenty to do here with music and dancing, darts and drinks, all in a classy little place where you'll never be ashamed to be seen and everyone knows your name! No bouncers and no ropes! Everyone is welcome! There is a firepit outside and a lovely patio to sit around while you chat with friends. Or you can step inside, throw some wood on the fire and hang out at the bar. Whatever you choose to do here, it will be a fun time out with your Sims.

All upgrades are in place and the Lot is fully tested. No Custom Content whatsoever, CUSTARD clean. This time, I won't tell you so much and let you find out for yourself. Nectar tasters are welcome, too. I used this website for my inspiration.

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"

Here is more information about the original King's Old Nectar Cellar if you missed it.
    Check here for more information about Version Two which has a double wide staircase to the cellar for the Sims who love to go up and down the stairs needlessly. After further testing on a high-end rig, I decided the double wide staircase was helpful.

Download Link: Maguire's Irish Pub
    Version One Download Link: The King's Old Nectar Cellar
    Version Two Download Link: The King's Old Nectar Cellar - Version 2

So, thank you friends! This one's for you! Cheers!
  • Options
    WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    A very Happy St. Patrick's Day gift to my friends! Welcome to Maguire's Irish Pub! Or you might say, Mag Uidhir. I've read that this means dun-coloured and I suppose that it is on the outside.

For those of you who liked my build, the King's Old Nectar Cellar, I have made a companion lot of the same size, 20x20, and this time I give you Maguire's Irish Pub, an upscale neighborhood dive bar. You'll find plenty to do here with music and dancing, darts and drinks, all in a classy little place where you'll never be ashamed to be seen and everyone knows your name! No bouncers and no ropes! Everyone is welcome! There is a firepit outside and a lovely patio to sit around while you chat with friends. Or you can step inside, throw some wood on the fire and hang out at the bar. Whatever you choose to do here, it will be a fun time out with your Sims.

All upgrades are in place and the Lot is fully tested. No Custom Content whatsoever, CUSTARD clean. This time, I won't tell you so much and let you find out for yourself. Nectar tasters are welcome, too. I used this website for my inspiration.

Here is more information about the original King's Old Nectar Cellar if you missed it.
    Check here for more information about Version Two which has a double wide staircase to the cellar for the Sims who love to go up and down the stairs needlessly. After further testing on a high-end rig, I decided the double wide staircase was helpful.

Download Link: Maguire's Irish Pub
    Version One Download Link: The King's Old Nectar Cellar
    Version Two Download Link: The King's Old Nectar Cellar - Version 2

So, thank you friends! This one's for you! Cheers!

:shock: its lovely hun so cute!!!i like it rec'd it and will dl tomorrow as i will be off to bed soon as its 1:00am early hours of the morning!!!
    hugs!!
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited March 2011
    Recommended them. They're all awesome hon. Very authentic looking. :mrgreen:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited March 2011
    This is a wonderful pub, Reach! I always love your lots. Say, I left you a question on your page, seeking some advice on a nectary. :D
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited March 2011
    Reach - this is so quaint and inviting. It's as though you've stepped into a hometown pub with lots of flavor and character. Kudos.
    Thanks for sharing :wink:
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    whisperingtruthwhisperingtruth Posts: 2,540 New Member
    edited March 2011
    It's amazing Reach! I can't wait to add it to the world next to your nectar shop. Great job!!
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited March 2011
    Looks gorgeous, recommended and downloaded - can't wait to see it in the game. Your creations are always unique and brilliant. Thank you for the wonderful work, and an extra thank you for your thoughtfulness with your creations too. :)
  • Options
    Donnafelipe1Donnafelipe1 Posts: 791
    edited March 2011
    Hey Reach, I love the pub!!! I would go there for real if I could. :)
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited March 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=400"

Oh my gosh, that looks sooo awesome!! Good job! :thumbup:
  • Options
    AndrusGifArlenAndrusGifArlen Posts: 277
    edited March 2011
    Love the pub, Reach! Rec'd! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    smartalec02smartalec02 Posts: 393
    edited March 2011
    hey reach~:mrgreen:
    awesome pub!but i couldnt download it, dont have the stuff pack :cry: still, i rec'd it!hee~~
    love every detail you put in it,the interior, exterior!i dont think i'll manage to pull this off, really horrible in building!LOL!and...its kinda magical for me!hehehe! *hugss

• Options
    kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited March 2011
    :shock: :shock: :shock: im lost for words reach but 1 word does pop in my head lol
    fantastic
  • Options
    edited March 2011

:D Thank you so much everyone, for your kind and generous comments about Maguire's Irish Pub! It is one of my all-time favorite builds. Never having been to Europe it took some time looking at all kinds of pictures to get some sort of feel for what a true Irish Pub might be like. Whenever I build anything, I always ask myself over and over, these kinds of questions:

If I went to this place (or lived in this house) what would I want there? Is this the kind of thing that would really be in a place like this? Would I like to visit this place? What would I want to do in a place like this? Etc...

I guess I'm always striving for authenticity. I just can't build a house I wouldn't want to live in, nor a community lot I don't want to hang out at. I think everything EA gives us in Lots is so unfinished, not to mention usually ugly, so when we want beauty or even decrepit and worn, we have to build it ourselves - which of course, is what all the fun is about for many of us. Thanks again everyone, and cheers! For those who download it and play the Lot, I hope you will have many enjoyable hours there. :mrgreen:

@Smartalec - You don't really need the Stuff Pack. I think the only thing I used from OLS is the tea cart, sitting outside. Every painting in the place could be switched for another. The tables and chairs could likewise be exchanged for something else. Same thing with a couple plants. I think if I had none of the extra content, I could still make a decent Lot. You do have to have LN for the professional bar and WA for the nectar, but beyond that, everything else is replaceable. *Hugs*
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited March 2011
    I am a little late in getting to this thread but I wanted to say how amazing your Pub is. Since I really have been wanting Irish items (hench my contest) you can bet I have downloaded and rec'd it. Thanks so much for this wonderful creation you truely out did yourself this time!

/hugs
    Mystik
  • Options
    smartalec02smartalec02 Posts: 393
    edited March 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    @Smartalec - You don't really need the Stuff Pack. I think the only thing I used from OLS is the tea cart, sitting outside. Every painting in the place could be switched for another. The tables and chairs could likewise be exchanged for something else. Same thing with a couple plants. I think if I had none of the extra content, I could still make a decent Lot. You do have to have LN for the professional bar and WA for the nectar, but beyond that, everything else is replaceable. *Hugs*

oh, really?you have no idea how glad i am to able to download it!yes!!thank you reach! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited March 2011
    Beautiful work as always Reach. Rec'd and favorited and dl'd! :D
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited March 2011
    I love those lots, Reach!! Very inviting they are!! I have fave'd those...the site is not letting me rec or DL...will do as soon as site allows me. 8)
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited March 2011
    I have been lookung for a nice pub to plop down in sunset valley for so long! Thank so much reach, DRF!
    *HUGS*
    MENE!
  • Options
    LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited March 2011
    Lovely build Reach. The pedro doors and windows suit the building well and you really made the green work on the interiors too. :thumbup:
  • Options
    proudmama4boyzproudmama4boyz Posts: 574
    edited March 2011
    Oh my goodness! :shock: I love it!! I will definitely download your Pub when I get my DL fixed!! :twisted: I can now add AWESOME BUILDER to the growing list of talents I keep learning about you my friend! :mrgreen: I love that Pub!!!

I thought we already said our thank you's and your welcomes about the other! You are just too sweet not to make it 'official', so here is a great big YOUR WELCOME right back sweetheart! :mrgreen:. Sending warm thought and hugs your way my good buddy! :P
  • Options
    BethWood01BethWood01 Posts: 623
    edited March 2011
    It's gorgeous! It would fit right into riverview or sunset valley too! No more boring nights in those towns!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thank you everyone! I am truly honored by your comments! :D

Bethwood, I built my Irish Pub in Riverview and I have another copy in Sunset Valley. I think it will go well in Barnacle Bay also. Because it's only a 20x20 sized lot it's much easier to squeeze it in.

If I may submit a few thank you's...

Thank you so very much to ANNAPTX for the big surprise gift. If you have seen what CK has done with that... well, I'm going to be very challenged and enjoy the new decorating opportunities this will provide. You seriously shocked me. :mrgreen:

Jarrod, thank you so much for the new hairstyle, Curls on the Side. A girl can never have too many styles to choose from. Never! I appreciate your friendship. *Hugs*

OnendOnliYazzie, thank you so much for adding me to your group of friends and for the wonderful gifts, Viva Voluminous (another hair- yay!) and the Rustic Hanging Basket. I appreciate your generosity.

NyghtQueen, I was more than pleased to nominate you for the GOG thread. I'm sorry I didn't think of doing so earlier. Thank you so much for the Long Wavy Hair. I was thrilled to see how your day being honored went. It was very exciting. Thank you for all the hard work you do with your sister, Mystik, in helping to judge her wonderful competitions.

Mystik, you really didn't have to... but thank you for your gifts, the Country Carved Coffee Table and the Dolly Door! I will enjoy both of them very much. Both of these items will be used in a little Japanese Noodle Shop I am building. *Hugs*

ITguy, I have one surprise left me! I get to go to my page and see what surprise awaits me there. Anticipation! Thanks so much for your words of cheer and for sending me a smile this morning. I so enjoy you being here.

• Options
    KayYieldKayYield Posts: 897 Member
    edited March 2011
    Reach, your pub is awesome! :mrgreen: I downloaded it and rec'd it. I can't wait to try it in my game. Thank you for sharing with us.