Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite way to make simoleons?

What is your favorite way for your sims to earn a living? Do you play your favorite careers, do certain skills, own businesses? I love hearing what everyone enjoys the most!

Comments

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I liked gardening a lot but I did need a break after a while :)

I would probably most love careers but the frequency of the fear of dead end job made me need a break from those too.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    My main game doesn't have Seasons so my sims usually are dragon fruit farmers, with some bird of paradise and other high value plants on the side. Latest harvest brought in some $85,000 just in dragon fruit. Several sims are level 10 archaeologists, which brings in a nice income as well.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    I like using the motherlode cheat to get more money
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Gardening and painting are both a bit overpowered when it comes to money. I try to avoid those, except for sims who are genuinely into gardening or painting as a major part of their lives. I also try to avoid having my sims be super-rich unless that's a major life goal for them.

These days my sims kinda do whatever fits them as people... my writer writes, my athlete athletes, my figuring-it-out spellcaster who loves singing sings at the lounge occasionally, my social media expert makes videos, etc.
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    I found recently that making a sim a writer was a bit over powered. I sent my sims on holiday, she made 30K in a week while doing nothing. I swear this family wasn't meant to be this rich. My other sim is currently studying to become a doctor, but while she' study they can still afford the upkeep on a 200K house and a butler. It's pretty nice to not worry about money there.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I found recently that making a sim a writer was a bit over powered. I sent my sims on holiday, she made 30K in a week while doing nothing. I swear this family wasn't meant to be this rich. My other sim is currently studying to become a doctor, but while she' study they can still afford the upkeep on a 200K house and a butler. It's pretty nice to not worry about money there.
    Writing is incredibly OP. I had to cut my sim back from writing because they were making bank. I like a good struggle with money
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    If I have working sims, then their career is their income. However if they have no job then I love using painting to make money. To me it is not too easy as you work up to the more expensive paintings as you skill up. I did use thrifty once and its way too easy, I made an outfit and sold it for 1000000 and it sold no problem LOL, I consider it a bit cheaty ;)
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    I like combining the video editing station with active or semiactive careers. For example, I had an interior designer who used to bring a drone on her gigs. She would record herself interviewing the client about their tastes, and then record another video of the big reveal. When she got home, she would edit the two videos together and upload it to her home makeover channel that she had online.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I enjoy careers where my sims produce something, that includes taking a video with the streaming drone, hardening or mixing. Fabrication is my favourite, in part because I also love the grungy aesthetic and the rags to riches feeling, and in part because it is somewhat more complex than just putting ingredients into a machine.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    mollie1998 wrote: »
    I like using the motherlode cheat to get more money

:D I came here just to say that. 90% of the time I cheat for money since storytelling is more important to me than playing from scratch. When I do play without cheats though, I find that gardening and digging for collectables end up being quite lucrative
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Gardening.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    Painting is really lucrative once you get to level 5 or 6 and above. It's bonkers if you give them the creative visionary and marketable traits too. It's easy with a max skill painter to produce 5K simoleon paintings, some of them well over 10K. I think the best one of my sims paintings fetched was 17K. I've read where some simmers have seen more than 20K for a single painting.
  • Options
    Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    Depending on my sims' personality, I like using the kleptomaniac trait to burglarize the Goth's mansion but can only last as long as they have valuables.

I personally like writing more than painting, because it causes a steady influx of royalties and when the writer ends up maxing the writing skill the family gets access to the book of life! Useful in case of accidents!
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Writing, painting, woodworking, etc. Most of my sims make money by making stuff. Gardening and collecting things also gets used a lot. A few of my sims do have jobs, but mostly for story/character reasons rather than money-making. I like the work at home and gig careers.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    When I don't use the motherlode cheat my sims make money by painting & fishing. Or I cheat some money for them for starters and then I give them jobs.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Painting. I love making my sims write as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Painting is really lucrative once you get to level 5 or 6 and above. It's bonkers if you give them the creative visionary and marketable traits too. It's easy with a max skill painter to produce 5K simoleon paintings, some of them well over 10K. I think the best one of my sims paintings fetched was 17K. I've read where some simmers have seen more than 20K for a single painting.

paintings sold in plopsy can give real big money. I thought first doing that in R2R , but way too big money at some point.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    CatSimerCatSimer Posts: 16 Member
    Painting is great way to make money quickly. Gardening and writing ads up over time, however gardening requires less time to start.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member

paintings sold in plopsy can give real big money. I thought first doing that in R2R , but way too big money at some point.

I’ve seen that option but it’s habit to click sell to collector. I’ll have try that next time.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Being a plopsy florist can also be very lucrative if you have a high skill level.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    For a couple of my sims who couldn't make enough money, two words...money tree. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    Usually I garden, because once you get a higher skill and gain access to the better plants, you can make alot more money compared to other jobs. Writing though is more fun for me because you get to name your book and say something about it. No job is really fun or anything, but working a regular type job and having your sim leave home for 5 hours is the most boring thing in jobs. Unless you have other sims to control. So Painting, Writing and GArdening are my go toos.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Gardening, painting, fishing, dumpster diving, flower arranging, beachcombing, breeding frogs and sometimes archeology. Can make big money in Selvadorada excavating dig sites and raiding jungle temples. Plus if you get to a higher level in archeology, your Sims get artifacts in the mail to authenticate. They get paid handsomely when returning the examined artifact. With that skill alone, can make bank without ever setting foot in the jungle. Gardening is my absolute favorite way though, with painting a close second. :)
  • Options
    gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    The money tree 😂 when aspiration points were easier to earn.