Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF…

Comments

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    Simulation lag! See quote tweet and tweet

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2023
    I won't be playing Sims 5 if it's forced multiplayer. I have no interest in playing with friends or strangers. Sims has always been a single player game and I'd like it to stay that way. I also won't play if it's filled with microtransactions. I don't want items and content locked behind a paywall. I accept buying expansions and such but if most content is locked and needs to be purchased with real money I'm out! I'm also very nervous about the Sims emotions animations. Sims flip their emotions very quickly in Sims 4. If they flip that fast in 5 the emotion animations will look stupid and annoying. Edit: oh yeah, rotation play is a must for me.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited June 2023
    I will not "buy" Sims 5 since it is Free To Play and a Mobile title - micro transactions only game. It is almost as bad as mandatory multiplayer. I am simply not interested in the mobile game market nor in the monetizing of games.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    If Sims 5 is free to play or has microtransactions, I won't be buying it. Forced multiplayer is another reason I wouldn't play. If co-op is optional and it can be switched off then that is fine. I don't want to play with anyone else. Honestly, this time around, I will be waiting until after it is released and I can see some game play before I buy.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    If Sims 5 is free to play or has microtransactions, I won't be buying it. Forced multiplayer is another reason I wouldn't play. If co-op is optional and it can be switched off then that is fine. I don't want to play with anyone else. Honestly, this time around, I will be waiting until after it is released and I can see some game play before I buy.

When I saw that job posting for someone to essentially manage and plan the microtransactions, that was my immediate thought.

And it was specifically for "Project Rene", not an independent Freeplay/Mobile successor. My problem is that it seems to me that EA's plan is to roll the next PC and mobile Sims titles into one game.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    If they do away with adding any cc we want and do micro-transactions of any kind. The sims is NOT fortnite - if that happens, I won't touch it with a ten foot pole.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Lady LlewellynLady Llewellyn Posts: 265 Member
    I just caught the news today about 5 being Free-to-Play. Never in my life have I wanted to pay $70 for something more, because I know exactly how little content we're going to get without subscriptions and microtransactions.

I was already nervous when they mentioned "unlocking" hair colors, but this solidifies it for me. If I wanted to play a perpetually-online game with microtransactions, I'd play... god, any other game? But I don't want that. I want the Sims.

The sad thing is, I know none of this is going to matter. 5 will come out, and it either succeeds because it grabs new players and the legacy players get FOMO, or it flops... which is also bad, because that may very well be the end of the Sims franchise.

I honestly don't mind buying expansions for the Sims 4, despite how predatory they can be at times. I'm an adult with disposable income, and sometimes I want a kit more than I want a latte. But what makes it worth it to me is that the Sims is my world-- it doesn't belong to anyone else. I can mod it and shape it and create my own universe, and that's what I want out of a Sims game. Not something I have to share, and not something I rent.

I want it to be good. I'll be so sad if it isn't.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Being free-to-play and limiting mods and CC really does it. I don't need that in my life. Been addicted to F2P game before, never again.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I won't purchase Sims 5 if:
    • Online only
    • Multiplayer
    • Game features locked by microtransactions or quests
    • Cannot play rotationally
    • Subscription required

Basically anything that would seem like a Sims version of Roblox or Fortnite. Or Sims Freeplay or Mobile.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    edited June 2023
    I won't play Sims 5 if it:
    • is free to play
    • has microtransitions or an ingame shop
    • has no free cc
    • forces you to play online
    • is multiplayer
    • has subscriptions
    • has time gates
    • has an online marketplace where you can buy other player creations for ingame money
    • doesn't support cheats
    Free to play games with content hidden behind a playwall is a no go for me. I played a lot of free to play games like sims mobile and stopped it for good reasons. And I don't want it to be an online game.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    If it doesn't work well for rotational play I will 100% sure not spend any money on it and this is coming from someone who didn't buy TS3 but sticked to TS2.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited July 2023
    I will not buy Sims 5 if it is:

* Constantly displaying intrusive ads that interrupt gameplay, or constantly nags me to "top up". (Then again, ad=bathroom break).
    * Is Only available by subscription and/or requires a separate subscription outside EA play (basic, not pro). I already do have a basic EA play subscription, but not the Pro.
    * Free to play, with paywalled microtransactions that eventually destroy your enjoyment of the game if you don't buy them or watch ads to get them. (After which, I leave the game, and play something else, never to return unless the enjoyment returns without the microtransactions).
    * Free to play and online ONLY. I need to get away from people like I find in chat apps (like IMVU and Avakin and some others) that do not appreciate newbies or people who beg for gifts all the time, or people who look down their noses at people who refuse to spent real life $100 on an in-game gold Jeep, expect you to lavish attention on them for spending money on game content instead of other needs and activities, whine about what your avatar is wearing and insult you, or 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that ask you to contact them for dating etc. outside the app. :# (Sorry dude, you gotta go thru my hubbie first. Bye, seeya, don't let the door hit you on the way out.) Note: if you are under 18, NEVER meet anyone outside the chat app. Ever.
    I block anyone who harasses me, but there are always more, the bigger the app, and the more new players it pulls in. The majority of the players that I don't want to deal with are just rude and self-centered.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    GlamourskyGlamoursky Posts: 12 New Member
    I will not purchase sims 5 if there is too much realism. The Whimsy and Chaos is 100% part of the Sims franchise charm, and to see the silliness go, would kill me inside.
    Couldn't care less if sims 4 is finished by Sims 5, would like to see them contine to support and fix bugs after Sims 5 release instead of just "completing and forgetting about it".

sorry to disagree with you 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2023
    I just caught the news today about 5 being Free-to-Play. Never in my life have I wanted to pay $70 for something more, because I know exactly how little content we're going to get without subscriptions and microtransactions.

Yeah, I can name a few games that does that pretty well, if you catch my drift, and one of them is the reason why I've been less wasteful with money to the point of stinginess. While not the biggest offender, SEGA does this with their 2 biggest online games. Just drip feed content and lock things behind paywalls. The biggest offender, imo, in history is PWE(also known as Arc Games). Sims 4 right now costs over 1000 euros, but that is about 20x less than what I burned in their game PWI.

At least with Sims 4, we actually own the game and people can make content, not being at the mercy of drip feeding.

Free-to-play is just another way of saying Try-and-buy.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Oh and if it is truly a mobile game that's a no in itself of course. (If it is true, as they claim, that the game is 100% able to run on your phone, that means the game is worthless as a PC game).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Multiplayer, mobile game or has microtransactions(even in the form of the sims 3 store).
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2023
    Finally nobody will purchase The Sims Project Rene.

"Free to enter" basegame is good thing after all, as a reward for the community who support The Sims from the beginning.

• Options
    _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 274 Member
    Not going to lie....I will definitely get The Sims 5 ....but depending on how freely we can build and the assortment of items to choose from will I decide if I keep using the sims 4 <3
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    After watching how the SAME development team left Sims 3 players high and dry with bugs and issues not addressed ("We hear you...blah, blah, blah') and now the Sims 4 with even more persistent and frustrating bugs that have been allowed to go on for YEARS ( we need save files, need input, blah, blah, blah)......

After putting in the hard earned cash into both Sims 3 and Sims 4 and seeing the same repeated pattern of taking the money and ignoring the issues or letting modders step up to do the work, I won't invest a penny in the next iteration of this game. NOTHING.

9 years and we still have issues persisting since the very first DLC. Sorry, but not going down this road again - too much silence and lack of transparency so my money will be used elsewhere. The only way this stops is to stop accepting this.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    If it's made by EA. My confidence in them making a high quality, reliable, stable, and worthy of buying product is non-existent. They have resolutely destroyed my trust over the last 9 years so have had enough. Will content self with existing versions or maybe one of the new ones in the works. Am not in the least interested in TS4 on a new engine technologically dumbed down enough to work on a cell phone.
  • Options
    VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    I want to be very honest. If they make it with low graphics so that "everyone" can play it, I won't buy it.
    For those who do not have a PC that runs it, there are sims 1,2,3 and 4.
    And each of those games adapts to different graphic levels.

- If it were only online I wouldn't play.
    - If it will be similar to Sims 4 in graphics, I see no reason to leave Sims4.
    I hope for something more realistic in the Sims 5 and above all, that the clothes and hair finally have movement.
    I hope I don't see another sims disney to be honest.

When we went from the sims 1 to the sims 2, I still remember the trailer showing fingers! that was great, and with each release the sims got better, i expect nothing less from sims 5.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    It looks like no one will purchase it, because it will be free.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    There's not going to be a Sims 5. It's already confirmed. ;)
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Honestly, since its free I probably will go ahead and get it just to see what it's about. I can't swear I won't delete it once I've figured out what I can and can't do with it.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top