Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF…

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Let's say: I will give up on the new The Sims game if they exclude daily life from the base game, such as weather. It doesn't really need to be seasons, just weather.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    Eca wrote: »
    Let's say: I will give up on the new The Sims game if they exclude daily life from the base game, such as weather. It doesn't really need to be seasons, just weather.

From the most recent Behind The Sims, Lyndsay Pearson seemed to suggest that overarching features such as weather would fall more into base game updates. Seasonal activities and objects would be DLC
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Eca wrote: »

From the most recent Behind The Sims, Lyndsay Pearson seemed to suggest that overarching features such as weather would fall more into base game updates. Seasonal activities and objects would be DLC
    This actual makes sense I never understood making weather a single expansion thing it opens seasonal content for any pack it fits.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimminDragonSimminDragon Posts: 34 Member
    I would not buy Sims 5 if they do not allow custom content, mods, and cheats for single players like they do now with TS4. I might try it for free just to see what it is like. They said the base game is suppose to be free. I will be sticking to TS4 because of a lot of mods that I do use.
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited January 31
    1. ...if it's online only/multiplayer/subscription or the same but with offline feature.
    2. ...if it has some goofy graphics even more unrealistic than TS4 (and TS4 is at the borderline of what I can bear).
    3. ...if it won't have occults.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    If it's a cheap cash grab that follows EA's trends since TS3 or maybe even earlier. It would have to be obviously good for me to even consider giving it a serious look. There's basically a 100% chance I WON'T buy it, or even download the (*sick noises*) free base game.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Not much more I can add to this. No online multiplayer stuff unless the game is fully (100%) playable in offline mode. And really, can we stop with the little packs? Just give us more in each big pack. I work too hard for my money to keep forking it over to EA.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Since they've confirmed base game will be free, of course I'll try it out. May even get a Pets and Seasons DLC once those are released since those are essential to me for the game. Unless of course I just absolutely hate the game. Will really have to think about the rest though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    If the game has very weak motive decay that removes any challenge to needs management. Part of the fun of the simulation genre is the concept of "keeping the plates spinning" or trying to manage simultaneous tasks that each divert the player's attention. Keep the plates spinning to prevent them from crashing to the floor.

I don't want Sims 1's extreme decay, but I would love Sims 2's motive decay to be the standard. Give players the option or allow cheats to slow the motive decay if they want the game to be more sandboxy.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Hey @DeeSimsGirl I hope you have an account on Answers HQ matching your username and email. Otherwise, this thread won't migrate over.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top